Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Game has been made worse in some small subtle ways. Why?

overtaker40#8926overtaker40#8926 Registered Users Posts: 1,178
These are not huge but more like, why did they do it?

-You can no longer tell how many turns untill a wounded Lord/hero returns by hovering over their skull icon in character menu, infact I find its hard to find this info at all.
-When you zoom out the map you have to hold space now to show the overlay bar. locking it is an option but that means it remains up even when you return to campaign view.

Mildly inconvienient.

There was another I cant remember aswell. Have you noticed any things you used to be able to do but can no longer?
I like all the races. Equally. Wood elves are just the first among equals.

Comments

• ROMOBOY#7812ROMOBOY#7812 Registered Users Posts: 4,823
    They changed the grouping key bind from ctrl+g, to just g. And once you group said units, it doesn’t lock their formation like it used to.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Cathay > Chaos Dwarfs = Pain

• Bayes#3307Bayes#3307 Senior Member NorwayRegistered Users Posts: 5,021
    ROMOBOY said:

They changed the grouping key bind from ctrl+g, to just g. And once you group said units, it doesn’t lock their formation like it used to.

pretty sure ctrl g is locked group and g is not locked group.
    Bayes said:

ROMOBOY said:

I’ll have to try again just to be sure. But I’m almost certain the last few times I did ctrl+g, it didn’t do anything.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

• dag0netdag0net Registered Users Posts: 32
    mouseover any rr/lord/hero in recruit menu to learn the requirements for deployment. being as the expected behavior when somebody wants something is for them to click on it, and a mouseover has to occur before clicking.. it would seem theoretically impossible to miss.

ctrl+g creates a formation locked selection group, g creates a selection group.
    Bayes said:

ROMOBOY said:

dag0net said:

ctrl+g creates a formation locked selection group, g creates a selection group.

Alright, I just made a custom battle and tried it out. It for some reason is not working for me. I’ve tested both the left ctrl and right ctrl. Just pressing g works fine though.

I also checked controls in my settings. And the key bind is there.

• LordCommander#3741LordCommander#3741 Registered Users Posts: 3,230
    The past few DLCs have added some stupid-ass UI bugs that never seem to get fixed.
    It's a beta.