Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

New start positions in Warhammer 3 for legendary lords

BlacedBlaced Registered Users Posts: 1,571
Since Total war Warhammer 3 will add far east, Cathay, Realm of Chaos and more, it's a good chance to give some legendary lords a new start position:

Lokhir Fellheart: In lore, Fellheart raiding far east, Ind, Cathay and Nippon, move him to far east also give DE a new start position

(He can move to where Malus now)

Malus Darkblade: So since Lokhir Hellheart take his place, Malus can go to Chaos Realm, loreful and also a new start position

Snitch: Clan Eshin maintain under-cities in far east, Snitch can go there, have a new start position in Cathay

Grimgor: Grimgor come from the Blasted Wastes of the Dark Land, he leads a black orc army. Grimgor can start in Blasted Wastes, fighting Chaos Dwarfs, Black Crag will also return to Gorfang Rotgut

Alt-Grimgor: Move to Red-Eye mountain, and Azhag go to Troll County

Credit: Imrik move east a little bit, not really I don't like his start position, it's because I want leave Fortress of Vorag to some Strigoi Legendary lord

Do you agree or disagree? Do you think other lords, like Ghorst, Volkmar and Grombrindal should get a new start position too?

Comments

• MalalforthewinMalalforthewin Registered Users Posts: 455
    Grombrindal: Karak Drak (the one completely north); he is supposed to arrive when dwarfs are in desperate need, which is like every Thursday for the Norse Dwarfs.

Volkmar could go on a rampage, taking the fight to Norsca, while making a potential early ally for Kislev.

Ghorst: could go on a road trip in the Darklands with the goal of taking advantage of the massive Chaos Invasion to raise an army and possibly go to Nagashizzar?

I think the more new start positions, the better.
  • brago90brago90 Registered Users Posts: 1,430
    I would move Grombrindal to the Karak of the Nordic dwarves and focus on facing chaos and daemons. Grombrindal por lore only appears to save the ass of the dwarves whose days are numbered. The Karak in the north I think would be a very good position for him.
    Assuming of course that they do not plan to use that position for something else.
  • BlacedBlaced Registered Users Posts: 1,571

Grombrindal: Karak Drak (the one completely north); he is supposed to arrive when dwarfs are in desperate need, which is like every Thursday for the Norse Dwarfs.

Volkmar could go on a rampage, taking the fight to Norsca, while making a potential early ally for Kislev.

Ghorst: could go on a road trip in the Darklands with the goal of taking advantage of the massive Chaos Invasion to raise an army and possibly go to Nagashizzar?

Karak Drak better leave to unique Norse Dwarf Lord, with unique dwarf units, Grombrindal go other place
  • MalalforthewinMalalforthewin Registered Users Posts: 455
    edited March 2021
    Blaced said:

Karak Drak better leave to unique Norse Dwarf Lord, with unique dwarf units, Grombrindal go other place
    Fair enough; pretty sure there is an other (lost) Karak somewhere in the Darklands. Yes, found it Karak Vlag, just east of Kislev and Karak Azorn in the Ogre Kingdoms.
    They are both technically abandoned, but they could make for an interesting starting position for a dwarf LL (be it Grombrindal or others)
    link to the zoomable map of the Old World : https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/156091/massive-zoomable-map-of-the-old-world
  • DeadpoolSW#7283DeadpoolSW#7283 Registered Users Posts: 3,151
    edited March 2021
    I like your new start positions, I'll add:

Grombrindal: Put him in literally any Dwarven hold, OR make a horde that (a bit like Nakai) gives settlements to other Dwarven factions, but he can start to settle settlements if he destroys Naggarond.

Volkmar: Stick him somewhere in the North, be it near Kislev or the Chaos Wastes themselves (High Pass?).

Ghorst: Somewhere far far away from the Empire.

Beastmen: Switch Khazrak and Morghur.

WoC: Sigvald can start near the HE/DE, and Kholek can maybe start somewhere further east.

Shift some of the Lustrian/Southland LLs around if we get full continents, spreading them out and bringing them more in line with the Vortex starts (though this is obviously for Immortal Empires, not game 3's map).
    Post edited by DeadpoolSW#7283 on
    Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind, Khuresh & the Hobgoblin Khanate!
  • Krabbz#7495Krabbz#7495 FranceRegistered Users Posts: 591
    Blaced said:

Norse Dwarfs are not happenning. They're too minor. If for whatever reason CA does think they're worth including, then ok but don't get your hopes up.
    So Grombrindal up north to Kraka Drak or Karak Zorn in the Southlands if there's enough space.

Volkmar near Kislev, maybe Ostland or Ostermark so he can fight Chaos and Norsca to help Kislev instead of fighting them.

Ghorst, anywhere, it doesn't really matter where Mannfred could send him but he needs to move. I'd also move Vlad and/or Isabella since right now VC have 4 LL starting at the exact same spot.

I'd like Imrik to be on the isles in the southernmost part of the map to leave the Dragon Isles for a Lizardmen LL.

Otherwise I agree with your ideas.
  • Man2008kind#9439Man2008kind#9439 Bucharest, RomaniaRegistered Users Posts: 1,856
    edited March 2021
    Krabbz said:

Blaced said:

Norse Dwarfs are not happenning. They're too minor. If for whatever reason CA does think they're worth including, then ok but don't get your hopes up.
    Not really. They're basically reskinned dwarfs with a Norsca felling, perfect for a pre-order bonus, they are very close to the Chaos Wastes and they fight Chaos so they fit game 3's narrative, they are North of Kislev so they are on game 3's map and they're in the Old World, so chances are they'll get more lore for Warhammer The Old World.
    Krabbz said:

Blaced said:

So Grombrindal up north to Kraka Drak or Karak Zorn in the Southlands if there's enough space.

Volkmar near Kislev, maybe Ostland or Ostermark so he can fight Chaos and Norsca to help Kislev instead of fighting them.

Ghorst, anywhere, it doesn't really matter where Mannfred could send him but he needs to move. I'd also move Vlad and/or Isabella since right now VC have 4 LL starting at the exact same spot.

I'd like Imrik to be on the isles in the southernmost part of the map to leave the Dragon Isles for a Lizardmen LL.

Otherwise I agree with your ideas.
    If really want to move Grombrindal north, he can go Karag Dum, fight Chaos,

Besides, Karak Drak already fight Clan Moulder as start enemy, not sure a good idea that two legendary lord start fight each other

Last, Ostland or Ostermark shall remain their true elector lords, would rather have Volkmar start somewhere else, even not moving, than there
  • Pr4vda#6038Pr4vda#6038 Senior Member FranceRegistered Users Posts: 2,326
    If you put Snitch in Cathay, I hope Black Chasm get added. For a dual start position. Or an event like Imrik.

I hope Grimgor will start somewhere in the Darklands and Gorfang in Black Crag. Then Morglum could start between Cathay and the OK (he is FLC material but it would be a great start position to launch a WAAAGH on the North, East ou West of the map).

Grombindal in Karak Vlag or on the mountains inside the OK would be fun and give a great challenge.

Concerning the empire I would prefer to keep Volkmar in Altdorf and get Kurt Helborg as a LL near Kislev or near the chaos realms.

And the nobody ... well ... no idea lol in the book where he belongs xD
    Team Dawis

Dawis shall purge all their fallen Karaks, with the blood of the Greeskins and the skavens !
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member GermanyRegistered Users Posts: 14,701
    I support the Starting positions int he OP, i do not support any of hte other suggestions here.

At best, Volkmar should be a crusading horde. (commence crying about hordes in 3... 2... 1...). Alternatively he fits most as he is right now.

Ghorst is manfreds unimportant cronie. He should not lead a faction. If you want another faction leading Necromancer? Bugger CA to add Dieter Helsnicht.

Grombrindal: Would make the most sense actually as secondary LL available via Quest chain or whatever for all Dwarf factions. Though that would mean that his Ancestor God stuff would need to work with him being recruited later. Otherwise i think he fits best in Everpeak since he does not rule or lead diplomacy anymore. he's no longer High King Snorri Whitebeard. Him deciding "the best way to help Dwarfs is help Thorgrim by bringin ghte Age of Reckoning" fits more.

in regards of Kurt Helborg: Sudenburg.
    The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'

I support the Starting positions int he OP, i do not support any of hte other suggestions here.

At best, Volkmar should be a crusading horde. (commence crying about hordes in 3... 2... 1...). Alternatively he fits most as he is right now.

Ghorst is manfreds unimportant cronie. He should not lead a faction. If you want another faction leading Necromancer? Bugger CA to add Dieter Helsnicht.

Grombrindal: Would make the most sense actually as secondary LL available via Quest chain or whatever for all Dwarf factions. Though that would mean that his Ancestor God stuff would need to work with him being recruited later. Otherwise i think he fits best in Everpeak since he does not rule or lead diplomacy anymore. he's no longer High King Snorri Whitebeard. Him deciding "the best way to help Dwarfs is help Thorgrim by bringin ghte Age of Reckoning" fits more.

in regards of Kurt Helborg: Sudenburg.

Not sure about Kurt Helborg at Sudenburg, he is the right hand of Karl, prefer make him a legendary lord like white lion