Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Elnobody 10.0

Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 7,408
edited March 2021 in The Graveyard
This thread is to further the main purpose of the forums new focus, praising and speculating about obscure, no name HE elf characters! My favorite is Anurion the Green; he can change himself into a plant! I think he’s the obvious choice for the next HE LL, he needs an all plant faction and abilities based around the rare potions he creates and the ability to summon treemen!

No thread like this would be complete without mentioning Elvyra of Tiranoc, who got her job when her pop was killed because she may or may not have had relations with Tyrion (he for sure smashed) they should have a huge relations bonus in diplomacy, and she should have abilities where she can bring a summonable Tyrion to bail her out of a tight spot!!

I was for years pretty strict about only wanting characters that had significant presences in the lore, but I now realize how short sighted I have been; The new forum direction has shown WH is about reverting back to the fantastical preferences we had when we were 8! Simpler times full of childlike wonderment, the world needs more of that. For me that means plant-elf-men and the possibility to hopefully date Tyrion one day. How Delightful!

And I’d be remiss without a shout out to the great men who have recently given everything to bring trivial and unimportant but thrilling character descriptions into the spotlight! Salute to all y’all for keeping it real at all costs.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/GJVpbMjfT2Ftm/giphy.gif
Post edited by dge1 on

Comments

• ROMOBOYROMOBOY Registered Users Posts: 4,490
    Funny, I have the same gif saved for this exact thing-

“ELNOBODY 9.0” was already a thing by the way. It was banished to the graveyard very quickly. Go read it and get red pilled.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Cathay > Chaos Dwarfs = Pain

• Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,886
    More like elnobody 9.0 2.0

Has maths gone too far?
    81jt2dj75iky.png

• Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,408
    ROMOBOY said:

Funny, I have the same gif saved for this exact thing-

“ELNOBODY 9.0” was already a thing by the way. It was banished to the graveyard very quickly. Go read it and get red pilled.

Thanks for the heads up friend! Title updated so all my fellow Elftards can stay current!
  • DwarfMasterRaceDwarfMasterRace Registered Users Posts: 2,374
    9.0 is in the graveyard, this is actually 10.0 - but that's for keeping the Ghost of Kiwi alive. :)
    Justice for Kiwi123, neodeinos and FungusHound, the mighty Troll Slayers.
    Thanks*
  • UberReptilianUberReptilian The Crystal LabyrinthRegistered Users Posts: 5,488
    RIP @neodeinos and @Kiwi123. Genuinely sad to lose members who didn't do anything but react to the growing plague here. Curious who will be next. Funny thread, but it does annoy me this thread alone makes you are more likely target for elimination than the actual troublemakers. And now me and all the others in these threads are also more likely just for reacting.

9.0 is in the graveyard, this is actually 10.0 - but that's for keeping the Ghost of Kiwi alive. :)

I missed that when I was looking for the pair of plastic pointy ears I put on whenever I post, thanks friend! Changed the title to respect the legacy of those who paved the way, the true HE fans who must never be forgotten!
  • Gleipnir74Gleipnir74 Registered Users Posts: 295
    edited March 2021
    If you dislike the threads so much you can post troll bait, why not post something that doesnt violate forum rules and simply push his post to page 2 where it will be ignored anyhow, these posts do not help anyone

not like it would be hard to generate 30 unique topics to discuss

If you dislike the threads so much you can post troll bait, why not post something that doesnt violate forum rules and simply push his post to page 2 where it will be ignored anyhow, these posts do not help anyone

not like it would be hard to generate 30 unique topics to discuss

The entire point of this was to replicate the thread spam that the trolls do, unmoderated.

Forcing the mods hand essentially.
    81jt2dj75iky.png

RIP @neodeinos and @Kiwi123. Genuinely sad to lose members who didn't do anything but react to the growing plague here. Curious who will be next. Funny thread, but it does annoy me this thread alone makes you are more likely target for elimination than the actual troublemakers. And now me and all the others in these threads are also more likely just for reacting.

Yeah I don’t understand why the mods are so against us HE fans, all we want to do is talk about our niche character fantasies, isn’t that what this forum is about now? It sure is more fun speculating about the implied love triangle (or “White Tower” if you know what I mean 😉) between Tyrion Eldyra and Teclis then talking about mundane stuff like why we like factions and their lore and how to make the game faithfully represent all that. Boooooooring!!

I've already been warned, and @FungusHound has been jailed. So we're high on the list for the gallows I fear.

But I don't mind. Since explaining our grievances has resulted in nothing I think a fun little protest is warranted, and I don't really care if they ban me, even if I've been active on and off here for like 5 years now.

It is sad that established users are banhammered while some trolls and their alt accounts are permitted to run amok.

I've already been warned, and @FungusHound has been jailed. So we're high on the list for the gallows I fear.

But I don't mind. Since explaining our grievances has resulted in nothing I think a fun little protest is warranted, and I don't really care if they ban me, even if I've been active on and off here for like 5 years now.

It is sad that established users are banhammered while some trolls and their alt accounts are permitted to run amok.
    It was pretty funny that my comment pointing how in detail how Ulthuan Volcano is a troll alt account got deleted, but the troll alt account didn't.

If you're ever curious, look at how many discussions they've posted compared to comments.

It's enlightening.
    81jt2dj75iky.png

• mewade44mewade44 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,646
  • HisShadowBGHisShadowBG Registered Users Posts: 3,423
    edited March 2021
    I mean is clear these threads are posted for nothing else but antagonize the so called trolls while they at the very least pretend that to have some topic or another. Also you keep/kept engaging in these threads feeding the trolls and now play victim quite sad really

She had fought beside Aenarion in the days of her youth, killing daemons, slaughtering the enemies of her people with wild abandon. She had cast spells and brewed poisons and worked out battle strategies for his armies. She had used her gift of visions to grant the elves victories innumerable.

The so-called high elves had forgotten that now, preferring to cast her as the villain in the simple-minded morality plays they so enjoyed since her son had sundered the realm. They had no idea what it had cost to win those battles back when all thought the world was ending, or the price she had paid for victory.

It was pretty funny that my comment pointing how in detail how Ulthuan Volcano is a troll alt account got deleted, but the troll alt account didn't.

If you're ever curious, look at how many discussions they've posted compared to comments.

It's enlightening.
    Well isn’t that due to the new mod standards? They pick a couple individuals who clearly have the best understanding of the lore, and if anyone is mean to them then they get banned. It took me a while to come around; ive been a HE fan since I was 12 and all I ever wanted was for them to be faithfully represented in game with well implemented characters and mechanics that immersed the player in the character of the race. Ive been asking for years for scripted invasions and raids of Ulthuan and I posted once long ago about how I felt their cartoonishly goofy siege towers should have been changed.

What a boring waste of time! What a fool I was! I know see that the way forward is in forging fantasy relationships with obscure characters and to keep posting about how important they are and how only we understand them!

I want Anurion the Green as a LL because he and I go on so many cool adventures in my head, we creep up to Tyrion’s house and watch him and Eljyra when they get busy; it’s so magical and I love them so much. I hope they get something similar to the Vlad-Isabella mechanics

It's enlightening.
    On literally any other forum he would be immediately identified as a troll/alt account and warned, temp-banned and then perma-banned. But here it's like we're in the twilight zone, it's "nothing to see here" when it's obvious to every regular user that these accounts with unusual activity are deliberately derailing the forum. And we're called crazy/rulebreakers/banned for pointing out what any sane person can see.

I try to have some fun with it because it's just a video game forum, but I don't like seeing honest people who've actually contributed here get held to a double standard and just axed for venting totally understandable frustration.

I didn't realise that, so you have my sympathies as corny and lame as that sounds. See it wasn't until checking in today that I realised how bad the problem was with the termination of regulars and trolling. I have fun with the trolls as I've well established, but I always viewed it under the context of the problem will be dealt with in due course and we can go back to arguing actual Warhammer things, but now I realise it's not a fair playing field.

The destruction of my account wouldn't bother me if not only I was the only one using it, but I didn't have some pretty good DMs going on for quite a while now. A lot of people here who don't talk much are actually really cool and fun to talk to in a way that's actual interesting privately so I don't want to lose that because I dare to mock obviously bad faith users.

Thinking of going the Vanilla Gorilla route and just lurking to preserve my account lol. Sad really.

It's enlightening.
    On literally any other forum he would be immediately identified as a troll/alt account and warned, temp-banned and then perma-banned. But here it's like we're in the twilight zone, it's "nothing to see here" when it's obvious to every regular user that these accounts with unusual activity are deliberately derailing the forum. And we're called crazy/rulebreakers/banned for pointing out what any sane person can see.

I try to have some fun with it because it's just a video game forum, but I don't like seeing honest people who've actually contributed here get held to a double standard and just axed for venting totally understandable frustration.
    Yeah but to be fair, once the mods make it clear they consider one individual to be just the best lad that they love and support unconditionally, it’s basically on us to get on board. I did and I’m so much happier now!
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 31,990
    RIP Homies.

In an epic twist it turns out the mods could ban people all along, they just chose not to ban the trolls.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"Under construction" - Becky, daughter of Guanyin.

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster

• Gleipnir74Gleipnir74 Registered Users Posts: 295
    edited March 2021
    Again you want to point out hypocrisy by blatantly breaking a rule, yet if you simply followed forum guidelines, and posted relevent topics, and the troll comes back to "double post" because his post is on page two who is more likely to be actioned against when your reply to his double post is a reply linking to his first second third post and when he made it?
  • Ajax22Ajax22 Registered Users Posts: 89

Again you want to point out hypocrisy by blatantly breaking a rule, yet if you simply followed forum guidelines, and posted relevent topics, and the troll comes back to "double post" because his post is on page two who is more likely to be actioned against when your reply to his double post is a reply linking to his first second thrid post and when he made it?

That's the point. Nothing happens to them. It's been discussed in private messages. It's been pointed out in the open. There is never any action taken against them.

I didn't realise that, so you have my sympathies as corny and lame as that sounds. See it wasn't until checking in today that I realised how bad the problem was with the termination of regulars and trolling. I have fun with the trolls as I've well established, but I always viewed it under the context of the problem will be dealt with in due course and we can go back to arguing actual Warhammer things, but now I realise it's not a fair playing field.

The destruction of my account wouldn't bother me if not only I was the only one using it, but I didn't have some pretty good DMs going on for quite a while now. A lot of people here who don't talk much are actually really cool and fun to talk to in a way that's actual interesting privately so I don't want to lose that because I dare to mock obviously bad faith users.

Thinking of going the Vanilla Gorilla route and just lurking to preserve my account lol. Sad really.
    Thanks bud. All they should do (in my opinion) is warn these disruptive accounts for their behaviour, and escalate if necessary. But they evidently don't, and meanwhile other people get banned immediately for simply being frustrated.

It feels like the mods are treating this as an ego thing, banning people for challenging their approach rather than looking at the context and considering what motivates each post. And anyone who knows trolling tactics knows this is exactly what trolls seek to do when they 'brigade' a community like this - turn everyone on each other.

That ain't right, and until it is resolved, I don't see the harm in a few more nonsense threads to drive the point home. All one has to do is see how many normal threads are getting closed as a result of the usual suspects baiting and derailing to realise there is a legit problem here. When I was posting back in 2016 closed threads were pretty rare.
    edited March 2021

Again you want to point out hypocrisy by blatantly breaking a rule, yet if you simply followed forum guidelines, and posted relevent topics, and the troll comes back to "double post" because his post is on page two who is more likely to be actioned against when your reply to his double post is a reply linking to his first second thrid post and when he made it?

Your right, it’s not about breaking a rule, it’s about WHO breaks the rule and HOW they do it. I’m sad that so many true Warhammer fans are being banned, but I think the mods have made it clear they aren’t the right TYPE of Warhammer fans. I mean the rules of the forums imply we shouldn’t make up things about the game not reflected in the lore or in any publications, misinformation and such. But it’s actually ok to do that if it’s showing how much you love a character and how passionate and real the relationship you have with them is.

After today I finally understand this and I’m a better elf fan for it. I bet Eljyra would like my blond wig and tiara and would have a few things to say as well. Maybe ill make her a forum account!
  • HisShadowBGHisShadowBG Registered Users Posts: 3,423

Your right, it’s not about breaking a rule, it’s about WHO breaks the rule and HOW they do it. I’m sad that so many true Warhammer fans are being banned, but I think the mods have made it clear they aren’t the right TYPE of Warhammer fans. I mean the rules of the forums imply we shouldn’t make up things about the game not reflected in the lore or in any publications, misinformation and such. But it’s actually ok to do that if it’s showing how much you love a character and how passionate and real the relationship you have with them is.

After today I finally understand this and I’m a better elf fan for it. I bet Eljyra would like my blond wig and tiara and would have a few things to say as well. Maybe ill make her a forum account!
    They got banned cause they wanted it and actively sought it

She had fought beside Aenarion in the days of her youth, killing daemons, slaughtering the enemies of her people with wild abandon. She had cast spells and brewed poisons and worked out battle strategies for his armies. She had used her gift of visions to grant the elves victories innumerable.

The so-called high elves had forgotten that now, preferring to cast her as the villain in the simple-minded morality plays they so enjoyed since her son had sundered the realm. They had no idea what it had cost to win those battles back when all thought the world was ending, or the price she had paid for victory.
  • MythrilSoulMythrilSoul Registered Users Posts: 909
    edited March 2021

Also got meself a warning

I can already taste of the banhammer

They got banned cause they wanted it and actively sought it
    They got banned because they posted nonsense threads. Kinda like users that caused all this yet they got to live. If both the trolls and Neo/Kiwi were banned it'd be fair, but that's not what happened.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 31,990

Again you want to point out hypocrisy by blatantly breaking a rule, yet if you simply followed forum guidelines, and posted relevent topics, and the troll comes back to "double post" because his post is on page two who is more likely to be actioned against when your reply to his double post is a reply linking to his first second third post and when he made it?

I have reported individuals hundreds of times for insults without ban.

Rules should be enforced. They just aren't, and we've lost good contributors due to frustration at rules just not being enforced except to ban people protesting.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"Under construction" - Becky, daughter of Guanyin.

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster

This discussion has been closed.