Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

If (and I stress IF) the DLC is Beastmen v. Dwarfs...

Comments

• DeadpoolSWDeadpoolSW Registered Users Posts: 3,076
    IF that's the case, I would buy it as I'd buy any TWW DLC (except a naval battle one). That said, I'd be disappointed as:
    a) Dwarfs won't get a rework with it.
    b) I kinda want a Khaine-themed DE DLC now.
    Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind, Khuresh & the Hobgoblin Khanate!
  • JungleElfJungleElf Registered Users Posts: 6,414
    Beef545 said:

Rob18446 said:

There would be no point as it would mean Dwarfs wouldn't get an update

Dwarfs have already been reworked. Or so CA says heh
    They never said they were done, though.

I don't think Dwarfs are likely for this one, don't get me wrong. But I don't think CA would see them being on par with Empire/Greenskins/Wood Elves.
  • DeadpoolSWDeadpoolSW Registered Users Posts: 3,076
    ArneSo said:

Rob18446 said:

Exactly. That’s why WH1 vs WH1 is a bad idea.
    Not necessarily, Beastmen vs Empire/Bretonnia would be great- IF they hadn't recently said they didn't like doing game 1 vs game DLCs.
    Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind, Khuresh & the Hobgoblin Khanate!
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 32,667
    Beef545 said:

Rob18446 said:

They are still in desperate need of a proper rework since the last one was mediocre. Same for VC.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life

ArneSo said:

Rob18446 said:

Not necessarily, Beastmen vs Empire/Bretonnia would be great- IF they hadn't recently said they didn't like doing game 1 vs game DLCs.
    Fair enough.
  • Beef545Beef545 Registered Users Posts: 764
    ArneSo said:

Beef545 said:

Rob18446 said:

They are still in desperate need of a proper rework since the last one was mediocre. Same for VC.
    JungleElf said:

Beef545 said:

Rob18446 said:

I don't think Dwarfs are likely for this one, don't get me wrong. But I don't think CA would see them being on par with Empire/Greenskins/Wood Elves.
    Was kidding as I know their rework was a bad joke. Still they should wait till warhammer 3 just for the sake of getting matched vs chaos dwarves LP
    The age of Men is over. The time of the Troll has come.
  • hillbillymachinegunhillbillymachinegun Registered Users Posts: 387
    Yes. I know Beastmen are long overdue, but Dwarfs have so much more to offer that interests me and are almost as neglected as the Beastmen.

The list below includes some potential things in that hypothetical DLC, in order of what would most motivate me to buy it.

For Dwarfs:
    -Thunderbarges (this would be an insta-buy)
    -Rune Guardians
    -Rune Collared Shard Dragons
    -Malakai Makaisson
    -Rune Golem (I'd be satisfied getting just the Guardians, but I wouldn't say no to both)

(Personally, I couldn't care less about getting Slayer variants and will be greatly disappointed if a Dwarf DLC only comes with even more infantry and maybe an artillery piece like the Goblin Hewer and that's it)

For Beastmen:
    -Taurox
    -Doombulls
    -Jabberslythe
    -Ghorgon

(I'm less interested in the Beastmen, but I'd be happy to get a few more big monsters, and of course being able to finally have an all minotaur army)
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 17,625

ArneSo said:

Rob18446 said:

that is just one dev, but it brets are currently off table , if its gonna be any game 1 race empire make sense

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

edited March 2021
    Beef545 said:

ArneSo said:

Beef545 said:

Rob18446 said:

JungleElf said:

Beef545 said:

Rob18446 said:

Was kidding as I know their rework was a bad joke. Still they should wait till warhammer 3 just for the sake of getting matched vs chaos dwarves LP
    Chaos Dwarfs will probably not even get a LP if they're a game 3 campaign pack.

So, dwarfs definitely will be coupled with someone else. Also, the Chaos Dwarf vs. Dwarf rivalry has never been really explored that much. There's a vendetta, sure. But actual conflicts? Barely.
  • manuelpsmanuelps Registered Users Posts: 2,812
    saweendra said:

ArneSo said:

Rob18446 said:

that is just one dev, but it brets are currently off table , if its gonna be any game 1 race empire make sense
    Why Empire? To me, if not beastmen then it's vamps.
    manpersal said:

saweendra said:

ArneSo said:

Rob18446 said:

i mean emp vs BM

Beef545 said:

ArneSo said:

Beef545 said:

Rob18446 said:

JungleElf said:

Beef545 said:

Rob18446 said:

Oh they should definitely wait until WH3. Dawi don’t really fit into the new World.
    edited March 2021
    saweendra said:

manpersal said:

saweendra said:

ArneSo said:

Rob18446 said:

i mean emp vs BM
    I'd still go for BM vs vamps. I'm stealing the reasoning from the Great Book of Grudges: adding Silver Pinacle in last patch doesn't make sense unless they're putting someone there before they're done with the game and if next dlc is last, then I thnk that Khalida will be able to get that head that she fancies so much.
  • mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 8,607
    saweendra said:

manpersal said:

saweendra said:

ArneSo said:

Rob18446 said:

i mean emp vs BM
    I would kill for an Empire vs Norsca DLC, Kurt Helborg vs Lord Mortkin.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
    JungleElf said:

Beef545 said:

ArneSo said:

Beef545 said:

Rob18446 said:

JungleElf said:

Beef545 said:

Rob18446 said:

Chaos Dwarfs will probably not even get a LP if they're a game 3 campaign pack.

So, dwarfs definitely will be coupled with someone else. Also, the Chaos Dwarf vs. Dwarf rivalry has never been really explored that much. There's a vendetta, sure. But actual conflicts? Barely.
    I really wanted a Chorfs vs Dwarfs LP but it’s pretty much off the table.
    manpersal said:

saweendra said:

manpersal said:

saweendra said:

ArneSo said:

Rob18446 said:

i mean emp vs BM
    I'd still go for BM vs vamps. I'm stealing the reasoning from the Great Book of Grudges: adding Silver Pinacle in last patch doesn't make sense unless they're putting someone there before they're done with the game and if next dlc is last...
    neffy vs Bm don't really make sense .

• paullevin93paullevin93 Registered Users Posts: 85
    I had hoped for a Clan Moulder vs. Necrarchs Halloween matchup, but Moonclaw vs. Necrarchs would still be good, if a bit out-of-season.
    saweendra said:

manpersal said:

saweendra said:

manpersal said:

saweendra said:

ArneSo said:

Rob18446 said:

i mean emp vs BM
    I'd still go for BM vs vamps. I'm stealing the reasoning from the Great Book of Grudges: adding Silver Pinacle in last patch doesn't make sense unless they're putting someone there before they're done with the game and if next dlc is last...
    If CA were going for loreful confrontations then sure, but we got Empire vs Lizardmen, WE vs Skaven and DE vs Skaven when the most loreful combinations would have been Lizardmen vs DE, Skaven vs Empire or WE vs DE or bring the dwarfs to game 2 paired against skaven, so at this point I wouldn't use lore as a hint for what's next.
  • Chocolate_RainChocolate_Rain Registered Users Posts: 1,057
    I would spend 70 bucks for a BM Lord Pack only, with my eyes closed.
  • GodWillTellGodWillTell Registered Users Posts: 1,148
    Just release that BEASTMEN LORD PACK already!!!
  • NiggeyNiggey Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 184
    I would preorder it immediately if dwarfs are in it, which doesnt say much, because regardless what it is I will buy the DLC anyway since I found all the latest DLC to be very good (and I crave for more TW:W content). But with dwarfs in it I will buy it a second faster :-)

As some other posters said I would be a little disappointed though, because the lion share of the DLC would and should go to the BM. So it would make more sense to add to the BM DLC a race from WH2 which is nearly finished and can have a little bit less on the charlemagne side.

As I said in some of my last posts, I hope a Dwarf DLC is coming but I hope it will be in WH3 with cool new stuff and new starting position in WH3. I expected a CDwarfs vs Dwarfs DLC but since the CDwarfs will be a campaign pack and if ever a DLC is coming for them it will be at the end of the WH3 life cycle, it will be interesting against which Chaos god they will get their DLC together.
  • SeswathaSeswatha Registered Users Posts: 4,756
    ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

manpersal said:

saweendra said:

manpersal said:

saweendra said:

ArneSo said:

Rob18446 said:

i mean emp vs BM
    „Neffy wants to consume Moonclaw to get supreme control over Morslieb“

Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
    She would probably get things worse than herpes if she tried.

• MalalforthewinMalalforthewin Registered Users Posts: 455

saweendra said:

ArneSo said:

It won’t be a WH1 only pack. CA was pretty clear about it.

That being said, I’ll buy whatever CA throws at me as long as it’s not an Elf vs Elf DLC.
    I like both BM and Dwarfs and both races have tons of content left.

is this a definitive statement?
    Is there anything definitive when it comes to CA statements?
    Soon ?
  • IchonIchon Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,777
    If the new DLC unlocked Beastmen as playable and had substantially reworked horde mechanics I would consider it but I can't envision 2 WH1 races being sold as DLC for WH2, especially it they unlocked both races in ME making Beastmen DLC and possibly even WH1 irrelevant if someone was interested only in the Dwarfs.

I could see Beastmen being part of a DLC that unlocked them in WH2 and ME because they are the least popular race DLC so far as I know and any substantial rework largely invalidates the WH1 Beastmen DLC aside from the special Middenheim campaign map.

More likely will be DE vs Norsca simply due to how easy it would be to release needed Lords for both without giving away too much about WH3 or substantially reworking horde mechanics or other things and both are technically WH2 races.
    YouTube, it takes over your mind and guides you to strange places like tutorials on how to talk to a giraffe.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 11,653
    I’d buy it regardless. I’d be bummed by a Dwarf LL arriving before TWW3 because that would mean playing it on the Vortex map and not a brand spanking new and more interesting map.

If I got to choose I’d not have one more LP in TWW2 but I’d take Beastmen vs Delfs. Beastmen just need an update and I don’t give two tosses about any more Elfs whatever their persuasion. So if they are included now there’s no lost potential.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
  • GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 5,981
    One is in life support and require complete overhauls.

The other needs an Empire-tier rework.

Highly unlikely. But if they could pull it off, which they can't, I'd love it.

I would be very surprised at this. I don't understand why the Dark Elves should be the FLC race as the main faction in game 2

Because there's nothing left of value left besides a Black Ark Fleetmaster.

Because with the exception of skaven, all game 2 had 2 dlc and 2 FLC. DE only have 1 FLC
  • Pr4vdaPr4vda Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,092
    I would not like such a LP.

Why ?

Because BM needs a rework with their DLC and a FLC LL too.

And the same for the Dwarfs (DLC with a true rework and a FLC LL).

So if we end up with Dwarfs vs BM (or 2 WH1 races, like VC vs Dwarfs for instance) each race will loose something.

Team Dawis

Dawis shall purge all their fallen Karaks, with the blood of the Greeskins and the skavens !
  • RamsesIIIRamsesIII Registered Users Posts: 1,137
    I would certainly be motivated to buy it- granted, I've bought all DLC because I like the variety, but I do find Dwarfs a bit cooler (and more in need of content) than DE. That being said, CA saying that all DLC must feature a game 2 half aside, I can also see how BM vs DE could be more beneficial to Beastmen in terms of budget.
    Pr4vda said:

I would not like such a LP.

Why ?

Because BM needs a rework with their DLC and a FLC LL too.

And the same for the Dwarfs (DLC with a true rework and a FLC LL).

So if we end up with Dwarfs vs BM (or 2 WH1 races, like VC vs Dwarfs for instance) each race will loose something.

You do have a good point here.
  • TheWattmanTheWattman Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,434
    Ignoring the fact that it won't happen due to the WH2 core race rule, I can still imagine the basic outline and draw conclusions:

Dwarfs:
    Two possibilities, same position. Its either Thorek Ironbrow or Sven Hasselfriesian who has come to Lustria to wreak even more havoc than that poor continent already did not deserve. Likely a rune/engineering focus in the mechanics, but imagining mechanics is not my specialty. Additions to the roster include the Guildmaster Engineer Lord or a reworked Runelord and then Shieldbreakers, Rune Golems/Guardians, Shard Dragons and probably something else. I will buy it for the big monsters.

Beastmen:
    Either Taurox or Moonclaw is attacking the Dwarfs for XXXXXXX REASONS and are placed most likely in northwest Naggaroth with reworked horde mechanics, the whole point of the DLC. If its Moonclaw, then he brings Great Bray Shamans, Preytons, Wargors, God-marked Gors and perhaps the Jabberslythe. If its Taurox, then its the Doombull, Wargor, Bovigors, Ghorgons and Tuskgors + Chariots. I will buy the DLC for the horde rework, Taurox and a full Minotaur roster.

Dark Elves:
    FLC means no more content for them, which wouldn't be a huge loss. I wish the lord to be Tullaris Dreadbringer stationed in northern Ulthuan, but will accept Kouran as well.