Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Tilea Geography

2ndmap2ndmap Registered Users Posts: 127
I just made a video going in-depth into the geography and history of Tilea.
You can watch it here if you want:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wBQhqR8PBo

So I felt like talking about the region and its potential (proper) inclusion in Total War Warhammer.
This is the map I "created" during the above video, its as faithful as I could make it map detailing all the canon locations in Tilea I found in my research on the region. It should show what could potentially be added if we got a more detailed version of Tilea in the game.

Thought? Will we ever see Tilea and the Dogs of War in Total War? I'm still holding out hope that we'll get them as the preorder race for TWW3.
-

Want to know more about Tilea? Check this out: Video Overview of Tilea

Want to learn about the Dark Lands? Check this out: Video Overview of The Dark Lands

-

Comments

• veresh1989veresh1989 Russia, Saint-PetersburgRegistered Users Posts: 4,451
    Good job. I'm sure their time will come and they will be in the game

But I think that they should be a large DLC, for pre-order they have too much volume
  • 2ndmap2ndmap Registered Users Posts: 127

But I think that they should be a large DLC, for pre-order they have too much volume

I would love for Tilea to get a lot of content and all that, but I don't think CA would put too much effort into making them since they aren't as marketable as a lot of other factions.
    As a Pre-order faction they'll at least get added, and that's what really matters in the end.
    -

Want to learn about the Dark Lands? Check this out: Video Overview of The Dark Lands

-
  • Tennisgolfboll#5877Tennisgolfboll#5877 Registered Users Posts: 13,505
    What a great video!
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • Bonutz#3949Bonutz#3949 Registered Users Posts: 5,766
    Dude. You make amazing videos. Keep it up.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I’m all out of bubblegum.

What a great video!

Bonutz said:

Dude. You make amazing videos. Keep it up.

Thanks, I will, probably, I'm very slow at it.
    -

-
  • JToegiTheSnotling#6624JToegiTheSnotling#6624 Registered Users Posts: 2,410
    This is cool.
    2ndmap said:

I would love for Tilea to get a lot of content and all that, but I don't think CA would put too much effort into making them since they aren't as marketable as a lot of other factions.
    As a Pre-order faction they'll at least get added, and that's what really matters in the end.
    Tilea has received many famous personalities. For example, in Estalia, I don't remember about the same number of characters. At the same time, I hope that all 3 southern factions will be implemented. My personal favorite is the Frontier Princes and specifically Commander Morgan Bernhardt.

Tilea will likely get Borgio and a few heroes like Mydas or Leonardo. Perhaps if their success is great, there will be someone else

Tilea has received many famous personalities. For example, in Estalia, I don't remember about the same number of characters. At the same time, I hope that all 3 southern factions will be implemented. My personal favorite is the Frontier Princes and specifically Commander Morgan Bernhardt.

Tilea will likely get Borgio and a few heroes like Mydas or Leonardo. Perhaps if their success is great, there will be someone else

Its a bit odd since "Dogs of War" is supposed to be a catch all term for all Mercenary armies or Mercenary-based faction, but in reality almost everything the Dogs of War had on the Tabletop was from Tilea.
    Estalia on the other hand never had any playable characters, that I know of at least, there might have been some named character in a battle report or two. The Border Princes does have some, like Lietpold the Black, but not much.

If they did Dogs of War it would inevitably be at least focused on Tilea, if not exclusively Tilean.
    I do really like the idea of pulling Bernhardt or other characters from Dark Omen.
    -

-
    2ndmap said:

Its a bit odd since "Dogs of War" is supposed to be a catch all term for all Mercenary armies or Mercenary-based faction, but in reality almost everything the Dogs of War had on the Tabletop was from Tilea.
    Estalia on the other hand never had any playable characters, that I know of at least, there might have been some named character in a battle report or two. The Border Princes does have some, like Lietpold the Black, but not much.

If they did Dogs of War it would inevitably be at least focused on Tilea, if not exclusively Tilean.
    I do really like the idea of pulling Bernhardt or other characters from Dark Omen.
    There is a theory that Lucrezzia is used for Estalia. In this case, I am interested in the question, will the confederation be available to them, what do you think?

Bernhardt, in my opinion, has the greatest potential for the Dogs of War. Since he performed so many feats and used the troops of almost all factions of the order.

There is a theory that Lucrezzia is used for Estalia. In this case, I am interested in the question, will the confederation be available to them, what do you think?

Bernhardt, in my opinion, has the greatest potential for the Dogs of War. Since he performed so many feats and used the troops of almost all factions of the order.

I hope Lucrezzia isn't pulled away from Pavona, but then again I'm a stickler for the lore, most people would probably be fine with it.
    Bernhardt would be really cool, but if they were going to do a Border Princes rep, then Lietpold the Black would probably be the more obvious choice. Generally speaking the tabletop gets priority and Lietpold was a playable character in Tamurkhan: The Throne of Chaos.

-

-
    2ndmap said:

I hope Lucrezzia isn't pulled away from Pavona, but then again I'm a stickler for the lore, most people would probably be fine with it.
    Bernhardt would be really cool, but if they were going to do a Border Princes rep, then Lietpold the Black would probably be the more obvious choice. Generally speaking the tabletop gets priority and Lietpold was a playable character in Tamurkhan: The Throne of Chaos.

It probably all depends on the volume of the DLC. Personally, I was sure that they would be in game 2. But, unfortunately, this will most likely not happen.
  • WaaaghCheif#7753WaaaghCheif#7753 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,379
    Wait, you're the one who made the in depth and best video about the Dark Lands ?

Wait, you're the one who made the in depth and best video about the Dark Lands ?

I did make a in-depth video about the Dark Lands, I don't know about best.
    -

-
  • Pr4vda#6038Pr4vda#6038 Senior Member FranceRegistered Users Posts: 2,327
    @2ndmap so glad you're back, you Darklands video was awesome ! can't wait to look at this new one this weekend !

Team Dawis

Dawis shall purge all their fallen Karaks, with the blood of the Greeskins and the skavens !
  • MythrilSoulMythrilSoul Registered Users Posts: 1,038
    2ndmap said:

its my guilty headcannon from one old rpg session but i would like to have Gashnag starting at estalia.
    a monstruos vampire diestro in the land of romance with strigany traveling the empire telling tales of this accursed but beloved prince from estalia, the imagery is too good!

also i too prefer Morgan over lietpold but i dont know if CA can even use him
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 38,156
    Well done mate! Great video and amazing map! Very detailed. Would be so awesome if Tilea gets a map expansion for the combined map.

Keep up the great work!

its my guilty headcannon from one old rpg session but i would like to have Gashnag starting at estalia.
    a monstruos vampire diestro in the land of romance with strigany traveling the empire telling tales of this accursed but beloved prince from estalia, the imagery is too good!

also i too prefer Morgan over lietpold but i dont know if CA can even use him

Gashnag would be cool, if somewhat unorthodox, choice for a Border Prince lord.
    Could even do a hybrid Vampire Counts/Dogs of War roster for him.

In a perfect world we wouldn't have to choose between any of them, but if we can only get one, my money is still on Lietpold just because he's a tabletop character.
    -

-
  • Bies#4376Bies#4376 Junior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 5,860
    awesome stuff! looking like historical documentary ^^

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

Bies said:

awesome stuff! looking like historical documentary ^^

Thanks! I was going for a documentary kind of feel.
    -

-
  • John_Kimble#3765John_Kimble#3765 Registered Users Posts: 1,560
    As someone from Rome, i approve all of this.
  • Pr4vda#6038Pr4vda#6038 Senior Member FranceRegistered Users Posts: 2,327
    I watched your video and really liked it.

I wish that area (Tilea, Estalia, BP, The Vaults) get a huge rework. Right now it feels empty and it lacks all the "passes" you mention in the video.

Beeing able to moove through the different passes in the mountains would add huge replayability and opportunities for ambushes and such. Would also allow the races with no "underground stance" to move faster.
    Team Dawis

Dawis shall purge all their fallen Karaks, with the blood of the Greeskins and the skavens !
  • SniperAidenSniperAiden Registered Users Posts: 1
    edited April 2021
    2ndmap said:

I just made a video going in-depth into the geography and history of Tilea.

I'm still looking at the video and I have so many questions about sources, in the last few months I have updated the Warhammer wiki pages about Tilea with a lot of info found on novels and other sources but still, you impressed me with some notions that I did not know, I'll watch the video again and again until I can make a list about those notions just to know where did you find them so I can upgrade even further the Warhammer wiki. Is that ok with you? I don't want to bother but I recognize in your video the same ambition in improving the common knowledge of Warhammer fans about Tilea so I hope is ok.
    Post edited by SniperAiden on
  • steam_164513472881PbVyMEZsteam_164513472881PbVyMEZ Registered Users Posts: 1
    As time has passed and TW:W3 has come, I feel that this needs to be revisited. To me, the current map is packed to the gills with a legendary lord every few regions and it feels kinda great to be able to play the same map 5 times in a row and have different powers rise over others every time... EXCEPT TILEA. That is a big blank spot of the map that presently is held by unsatisfying stand-ins. Not having a whole lot of background (and, to my shame, not reading too much of the material or watch the OP video), I cobbled together my vision of what could be a "Dogs of War"-esque faction, playing off of the new Warhammer 3 content and bouncing ideas off of friends. I am sure there's a bunch of balance issues and other concerns but if this gets the conversation going again, I'm down to be a martyr.

I'm especially excited about the advent of the Daemon Prince opening the floor for customizable non-canon LL characters that can be significant. I tried to do a similar thing here with the mercenary concepts and stretch it... what do we think is possible now and, more importantly, how do we feel about Tilea getting a shot here in Warhammer 3?
  • SkyMagicx#2091SkyMagicx#2091 Registered Users Posts: 9
    Hey I must say I was really impressed by your video and content. Partially inspired me to create my own post about a Tilea/Dogs of War DLC (the geography part of the regions was definitely helped by your vid).
    If you wanna have a quick look :)https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/325856/dogs-of-war-dlc-suggestion-lls-mechanics-map-rework-flc#latest
  • Mazisky#3267Mazisky#3267 Registered Users Posts: 1,232
    Amazing video, very well done and polished.
  • Jarms48#7854Jarms48#7854 Registered Users Posts: 360
    edited November 2022
    I could definitely see many of the Southern Realms getting at least 1 legendary lord. Unless the map gets bigger I can't see much room for more. Something like this:
    - 1 Tilean LL
    - 1 Estalian LL
    - 2 Border Prince LL's: Purely for the fact that they have at least 2 regions. Could have 1 Western and 1 Eastern lord.
    - Make Pirates of Sartosa a Southern Realm faction.

That's now 5 lords for a faction that currently has 0.
  • AxiosXiphos#9040AxiosXiphos#9040 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,717

I could definitely see many of the Southern Realms getting at least 1 legendary lord. Unless the map gets bigger I can't see much room for more. Something like this:
    - 1 Tilean LL
    - 1 Estalian LL
    - 2 Border Prince LL's: Purely for the fact that they have at least 2 regions. Could have 1 Western and 1 Eastern lord.
    - Make Pirates of Sartosa a Southern Realm faction.

That's now 5 lords for a faction that currently has 0.

CA will probably spread them out; so you might only see 1 LL in the southern realms full stop. The rest might then be Lustria, Darklands, Cathay etc.
  • Iron_Crown#5779Iron_Crown#5779 Registered Users Posts: 1,853
    edited November 2022
    Seeing the map makes me imagine a hypothetical alternative version of Total War Warhammer. Where instead of cramming hundreds of factions onto one map, there would be only 20-30 factions, but each of them would have a real empire. Possible because the map could be as large as IE, or maybe slightly smaller like Vortex/RoC map, but that space would be used to include only parts of the world, but those parts in much more detail. So for example Tilea would have multiple settlements, instead of being a little corner that you pass through in one turn.

Only in that kind of campaign would it also be possible to give the AI proper objectives, make them pursue their own version of victory.

Imho that would be more fun than the chaos and generic nature of IE. I always hoped that CA would do such an alternative campaign at some point as a DLC, but apparently they never had any such plans.
    Post edited by Iron_Crown#5779 on

• Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 38,156
    I still can’t believe that they added Riffraffa instead of one of the independent City states.

I hope once we get DoW, CA will add Remas, Trantio, Pavona, Verezzo and Monte Castello. I also want them to be special 1 settlement provinces like the 3 major Kislevite Cities or Sartosa.
  • Schussel#7671Schussel#7671 Registered Users Posts: 1,039
    Foul Necromancy
    this Topic was dead for 16 Month