Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

BUG AI lands on the wrong beach (Amphibious siege)

Kraken93Kraken93 Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 981
I was defending a settlement from an amphibious assault by two viking armies.
First they chose not to land on the beach that leads directly to the inside of the city, fine, maybe they wanted to consolidate their forces first?
So they landed on the beach outside of the city, but then just froze there, letting my missile infantry and watchtowers kill their troops until the timer ran out.

The very next turn another amphibious assault on the same city by three armies did the same thing again.
But I auto-resolved that one instead of cheesing it.

See attached images. I can also upload a save file if needed.

I was asked to change my signature to something less provocative. This is Fitzgerald, the German bunny.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Comments

• Kraken93Kraken93 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 981
    edited March 13
    Here's the save file

Enjoy! :wink:

Edit: The settlement is 'Bornais'.
    Post edited by Kraken93 on
    I was asked to change my signature to something less provocative. This is Fitzgerald, the German bunny.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    Oh hey, this was apparently reported back in 2019.
    Here's a link to that discussion back then: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/234610/viking-invasion-fleets-wont-land-inside-city-walls

So apparently it never was fixed?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    Oh, I discovered another thing about this settlement.
    When I went to recapture it, I had a few siege towers with me. But when the siege towers reached the walls, instead of pouring into the city, the men just exited the siege towers instead.

It was impossible to order them to move inside the city, and it was also impossible to order them to smash down the gates. So it most definitely isn't something to do with the AI, it seems like the settlement's walls are just bugged.

I attached a savefile for that siege as well.

CA please fix :wink:
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")