Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

It's Now or Never for the Druchii

BiesBies Junior MemberSwedenRegistered Users Posts: 5,206
I'm sure that this will be last DLC pack for dark elves (High elves have still chance for one more DLC)
so...
It's Now or Never for Dark elves to get some cool mechanics with maybe some cool units

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

Tagged:

Comments

• ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 32,647
    Agreed. Next LP should be DE to finally give them a fun mechanic and a start on the Toilet Seat.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • ERICdbsERICdbs CataloniaRegistered Users Posts: 637
    Yes-yes! Be-be done with them and then-then we-we shall rule once more over the surface!
  • Rasmus242Rasmus242 Registered Users Posts: 671
  • GodWillTellGodWillTell Registered Users Posts: 1,148
    It's Now or Never for the Beastmen.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 11,652
    Why is it now or never? No compelling argument was found.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
  • BiesBies Junior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 5,206
    RikRiorik said:

Why is it now or never? No compelling argument was found.

do you think they will get another DLC after TWW3?

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

• LunaticprinceLunaticprince Registered Users Posts: 5,794

It's Now or Never for the Beastmen.

I mean sure the bm get there spotlight but now !

DE need mechanics who not just punish who also reward.

No!

Malus also just whip you in a point of frustration.

• Beef545Beef545 Registered Users Posts: 764
    If not now, they could get 1 more LP in w3, i don't see why not. It would have been a better outcome actually since it would be probably of higher quality, but i'll not complain. Just hope the next LL will not be a chore to play like the rest.
    The age of Men is over. The time of the Troll has come.
  • EmeraldThanatosEmeraldThanatos Registered Users Posts: 2,910
    Tullaris times
    Ranking of all Total War games I've played:
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Attila
    3. Warhammer (1, 2 & 3)
    4. Medieval 2
    5. Shogun 2
    6. Thrones
    7. Rome 2
    8. Napoleon
    9. Empire

• apophas123apophas123 Registered Users Posts: 229
    edited March 2021
    I don't think it's likely, total war warhammer 3 is the last title, so all races will at least receive one DLC in game 3 regardless of whether they still have content or not, remember that CA / GW work together for what The lack of units can be fixed, the dark elves will receive their DLC in game 3 regardless of whether they get this DLC.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 32,647
    Beef545 said:

If not now, they could get 1 more LP in w3, i don't see why not. It would have been a better outcome actually since it would be probably of higher quality, but i'll not complain. Just hope the next LL will not be a chore to play like the rest.

Considering how long the LP queue is for WH3 already, it would make sense to finish DE now in WH2 and be done with it.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 11,023

I don't think it's likely, total war warhammer 3 is the last title, so all races will at least receive one DLC in game 3 regardless of whether they still have content or not, remember that CA / GW work together for what The lack of units can be fixed, the dark elves will receive their DLC in game 3 regardless of whether they get this DLC.

Eh, that's a lot of DLC, and races that are still missing units from their army books might be a little bit peeved if Dark Elves get two lord packs of barrel-scrapings (four in total) while they're still waiting. If the next one is Dark Elves, they'd better be at the bottom of the priority list for a long time while other races get their turn.

Which still might be a good deal if they come out of it in solid shape. I'm not convinced Dark Elves need one now more than Lizardmen do, apart from the "one last shot at a decent DLC lord in TWW2" factor. But hey, Tehenhauin and Nakai are both somewhat regarded as handicap picks as well.
  • Grom_the_PaunchGrom_the_Paunch Registered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 2,699
    Yeah, I've seen a lot of posts on Dark Elves and I honestly can't say I'm excited about anything I've seen apart from re-work suggestions. I still think more could be done with black arks for example. Maybe a free character or two down the line. I'm a nay to new DLC for them. Make what we already have better. Maybe a lot better. That would do for me.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,316
    i don't know about 'never' part, but the Druchii most definitely should get a LL with player friendly, great looking and engaging mechanics.
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 5,180
    I do hope for a FLC character or two !

As for new druchii units, that's what monogod Slaanesh is for ! Dechala and the Annointed shall come soon enough !
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 14,872
    Then never...
    Furthermore, I consider that Daemon Prince must be removed.
  • JungleElfJungleElf Registered Users Posts: 6,414
    Game 3. Or a FLC update.

They could use the Fleetmaster and an update/tweak to some mechanics, but that's it.
  • WeisskreuzWeisskreuz Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 764
    edited March 2021
    The things i would like to see are:

- Fleetmasters as hybrids (like Coast), Lokhir rework as hybrid. (FLC)
    - LL Rakarth (or Tullaris but Rakarth fits better with my vision). (DLC)
    - Kouran Darkhand and(or) Shadowblade as LHs. (DLC)
    - Black Ark Reavers (DLC)
    - Manflayers (DLC)
    - Beast variants (DLC)
    - Dedicated melee chariot (DLC)

Mechanics: For ALL DE factions not just the new LL.

Black/Slave/Beast Market: You can buy and sell items, slaves and beasts. (DLC)

Beasthunts perhaps even as full battles but missions like the shadowy dealings would work well. (DLC)

A unique option to replace the sack option, less gold but more items and ancillaries. Would supplment the market very well if you own the DLC. (FLC)

• Steph_F_DavidSteph_F_David Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,143
    With 6 cores + 1 pre order, + 2 campaign DLC (to add Chaos Dwarves, Ogres, Dow/TEB).
    Then at least 4 DLC to pair one Chaos God + one of the other main faction for game 3.

That's at least 7 DLC.

Then it's more likely we get an Empire, Vampires or Dwarves update, more involved in game 3. Maybe another DLC for other races (Hobgoblin? Nippon? Hung? depends on the map extend).

So that's possibly 7-10 DLC before CA would come again to DE, HE, LM or Skaven. with 3 DLC per years, that's 3 years before we see them again.

So it's not now or never, but at least now or in a very long time
  • SaintCornSaintCorn Registered Users Posts: 2,639
    Hopefully, the Druchii get some love in this upcoming DLC.
    They have gotten the short end of the stick with DLC mechanics in all their other DLCs to an extent.

I was mostly excited for the predicted Beastmen side of things, but with the Druchii side, their units could be really fun.

Tullaris is the chosen of Khaine, and he would likely start pillaging Ulthuan immediately which would be a great start. Plus, serving the God of Murder would lend itself to some solid mechanics around killing as many as you can.
    Rakarth could be interesting, but I am still more on Tullaris' side for interesting characters to add.

• Lazy_captainLazy_captain Registered Users Posts: 202
    edited March 2021
    I hope they get a flc spot instead, theyre pretty good their only short on of a flc to both Highelves and lizardmen.
    I think out of the game 2 core races Lizardmen mechanics are the most blandest and most needed in revisiting, plus their the ones who are missing units.
  • Lazy_captainLazy_captain Registered Users Posts: 202
    edited March 2021
    Draxynnic said:

Eh, that's a lot of DLC, and races that are still missing units from their army books might be a little bit peeved if Dark Elves get two lord packs of barrel-scrapings (four in total) while they're still waiting. If the next one is Dark Elves, they'd better be at the bottom of the priority list for a long time while other races get their turn.

Which still might be a good deal if they come out of it in solid shape. I'm not convinced Dark Elves need one now more than Lizardmen do, apart from the "one last shot at a decent DLC lord in TWW2" factor. But hey, Tehenhauin and Nakai are both somewhat regarded as handicap picks as well.
    Nakia and Tehenuin got over shadowed by their counter parts and both campaigns have pretty visible problems.