Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

C.A. change self-damage abilities and heals from explosion area type to direct damage/direct heal.

Deep_echo_soundDeep_echo_sound Registered Users Posts: 601
edited August 2022 in Warhammer Battle Feedback
This bug is years long now.

Overcasting magic hurts units near mage.
Phoenixes and Hell Pit abominations can kill units or even your lord on death!

Some units heal enemies in melee!

It is all caused by designing these abilities as explosions, not as direct damage/direct heal like any normal spell effects.

Please fix this!

Post edited by CA_Will#2514 on

Comments

• Jirzik#3160Jirzik#3160 Registered Users Posts: 483

Overcast hurts mage? I do not overcast often but I think only miscast hurts.

Miscast damage make sense. If caster near you literally explode you will be hurt as well.
  • Cadia101Cadia101 Registered Users Posts: 1,400
    Jirzik said:

Miscast damage make sense. If caster near you literally explode you will be hurt as well.
    Yeah those are features, they should stay, but he is right on other problems, Gotrek heal for example can be stolen by enemy units when it happens. I wasn’t aware it could happened on others abilities. Those aren’t features, they are bugs.
  • Asamu#6386Asamu#6386 Registered Users Posts: 1,567
    Cadia101 said:

Jirzik said:

Yeah those are features, they should stay, but he is right on other problems, Gotrek heal for example can be stolen by enemy units when it happens. I wasn’t aware it could happened on others abilities. Those aren’t features, they are bugs.
    Well, there is a bug where miscasts will hit some wizards twice (especially if on foot). Explosions work with similar mechanics to vortexes. They could probably fix all of the issues by significantly reducing the radius of the explosions.
  • Deep_echo_soundDeep_echo_sound Registered Users Posts: 601

This need to be changed with direct damage/heal type. No half measures.

Because in fight animations units can go very very close with one another and damage/kill units that should not be killed. Or healed.
    In was pointed out many times by "Warhammer" youtubers. Some 350k+ youtuber constantly says about this. As this kills units because of this bug.
  • Pocman#6295Pocman#6295 Registered Users Posts: 5,760
    Miscasts are fine as they are, in fact, it's how it was in TT (or at least, it was one of the options), but others like certain healing spells healing everything (including enemies) in the area makes no sense.