Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Comments

• aMint1#4859aMint1#4859 Registered Users Posts: 1,244
    Dlc
    Flc
    Access
    Skull thrones event
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 14,927
    edited March 2021
    Wait, what??? Rakarth is the... wait, he's the OLDEST entry??? I thought he was the second one.

That doesn't make sense, the oldest entry should've been the DLC. I mean, that is not something normally done, it is usually immediately added after the last DLC is done, there was a delay but that was minor. It should've been added after the last DLC, but it was added something like 2 months later...

I swear, this next DLC is gonna be something else.
    Furthermore, I consider that Daemon Prince must be removed.
  • KirGeo#5270KirGeo#5270 Registered Users Posts: 1,123
    aMint1 said:

DLC
    FLC
    Access
    Skull thrones event

This
    We want all the factions Dogs of War, Araby, Ind, Kuresh, Nippon, Hobgoblin Khanate. Milk us CA.
  • Prince_AlucardPrince_Alucard Registered Users Posts: 579
    Crossil said:

Wait, what??? Rakarth is the... wait, he's the OLDEST entry??? I thought he was the second one.

That doesn't make sense, the oldest entry should've been the DLC. I mean, that is not something normally done, it is usually immediately added after the last DLC is done, there was a delay but that was minor. It should've been added after the last DLC, but it was added something like 2 months later...

At this point I'm rooting for you because could you imagine? Everyone distracted by thinking its a LP, then it ends up being a campaign pack.

Would be pretty hype though.
  • saweendra#3399saweendra#3399 Registered Users Posts: 19,320
    Crossil said:

Campagin pack

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

edited March 2021
    Crossil said:

Weren't they pretty much all added the same day?
  • UberReptilianUberReptilian The Crystal LabyrinthRegistered Users Posts: 5,487
    Crossil said:

Almost like they plan this out months in advance and the idea that they only start working on a DLC after the previous is released is nonsense. Seriously IDK why people think CA work on one DLC at a time.
  • Prince_AlucardPrince_Alucard Registered Users Posts: 579

Crossil said:

Almost like they plan this out months in advance and the idea that they only start working on a DLC after the previous is released is nonsense. Seriously IDK why people think CA work on one DLC at a time.
    This is true too. Definitely think they start sooner than people think. Hence why I don't think it's wh1 vs 1 dlc.
    edited March 2021

Crossil said:

At this point I'm rooting for you because could you imagine? Everyone distracted by thinking its a LP, then it ends up being a campaign pack.

saweendra said:

Crossil said:

Campagin pack
    I mean... it might be just further proof this DLC wasn't originally planned at all... I just... I don't understand what the hell this is meant to be. This entire thing is extremely strange. Could it be possible this next entry isn't the DLC either? And the actual DLC is one of the last three entries?

In that case.... the DLC might come after the Skulls for the Skull Throne event, which would like this be the next entry... but they wouldn't really leave it until that late would they? So it has to be the next entry right? Because game 3 will eventually come, so they can't have that much free space that they can just add a DLC that late.... then again, Norsca was added, like, 1.5 months before game 2 so it might be possible.... but there's no way in hell that it's taking so long, right? You would think they would release it sooner. Yet they are treating Rakarth release as a solitary update, rather than just a random FLC. So perhaps it bridges the gap to the DLC, which is 4 months from now?
    aMint1 said:

Crossil said:

Weren't they pretty much all added the same day?
    No. Rakarth entry was added early January. The next entry was added something like late February and the last three were added recently. They weren't added at the same time. They are separate in some way.

Crossil said:

This is true too. Definitely think they start sooner than people think. Hence why I don't think it's wh1 vs 1 dlc.
    I imagine pre production of the next DLC would be happening while the previous is being worked on. This would mean if BM are next, then they would've started work on them while working on WE and still had the whole "Permission to do this again" comment from the WE announcement.

I really hope people never actually believed that lol.

Crossil said:

I honestly don't know what you're trying to say.
  • ASyrian#2378ASyrian#2378 Registered Users Posts: 1,332
    saweendra said:

Crossil said:

Campagin pack
    There is a quote from Grace only LL from here on
    Crossil said:

Crossil said:

It was more a general comment based on what you said, not specific to you.

My point is people act like LPs and FLCs only start pre production after the previous was released when that's not true and what you point out shows CA planned Rakarth as FLC for months and didn't just randomly decide to remove him from an LP like some here claim.
    Cortes31 said:

@Crossil

Well you might have a point with DLC being one of the last 3 entries. Look at the first four numbers on every entry there.

1517260 Rakarth

In a way. It's just that.... it's hard to explain. The numbers are consecutive to the time they are added and the larger the number difference the more time between their additions has passed. Usually the DLC entry is added alongside the FLC LL entry while event and access FLCs are added later, but the thing is, in that case the DLC has no normal FLC. It only has event/access FLCs. Which seems absurd. So I'm thinking that the latter 3 entries would be the DLC and 2 standard FLC, and the SftST is the next entry, the 1556 one. Meaning, the next addition is that, and the FLC is after that, after May.
  • Lunaticprince#9972Lunaticprince#9972 Registered Users Posts: 6,837
    edited March 2021

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

My point is people act like LPs and FLCs only start pre production after the previous was released when that's not true and what you point out shows CA planned Rakarth as FLC for months and didn't just randomly decide to remove him from an LP like some here claim.
    SO De was never planned to be a dlc, make sense.

So beastman dlc is maybe longer in work as we though!

• 1v0#35621v0#3562 Registered Users Posts: 2,330
    edited March 2021
    For me it's.

1.DLC
    2.FLC for WH1 owner (like WE Drycha)
    3.FLC/access
    4.WH3 pre-order or FLC/access or Skulls event
    Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
    Answer:IR: What you’ve just said is so true,
    edited March 2021
    Crossil said:

Crossil said:

saweendra said:

Crossil said:

Campagin pack
    I mean... it might be just further proof this DLC wasn't originally planned at all... I just... I don't understand what the hell this is meant to be. This entire thing is extremely strange. Could it be possible this next entry isn't the DLC either? And the actual DLC is one of the last three entries?

In that case.... the DLC might come after the Skulls for the Skull Throne event, which would like this be the next entry... but they wouldn't really leave it until that late would they? So it has to be the next entry right? Because game 3 will eventually come, so they can't have that much free space that they can just add a DLC that late.... then again, Norsca was added, like, 1.5 months before game 2 so it might be possible.... but there's no way in hell that it's taking so long, right?
    yes , i mean it was pretty apparent despite what people here would like us to believe, they said when grom dlc came out there was only 2 left. this was built to fill the gap between pre order and and T&t , but also hype up whats to come in game 3. and what create more hype is Lp or CP specially if they want to double down on strength of TWW which race variety

• Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 37,622
    1. BM vs LM
    2. BM free LL
    3. LM FLC hero/Lord/LH
    4. BM TW access hero/Lord
    Summon the Elector Counts!

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Agreed. Which means... well... that they didn't really start in-engine work on the DLC until very recently. Either late February or March. Aka, this DLC 100% wasn't planned until very recently, if pre-production wasn't done until now.

I swear... this DLC... it can really be anything.
  • FossowayFossoway Registered Users Posts: 5,332
    Calling it now, the "Skulls for the Skull Throne" event is gonna be the Wargor. It was the Black Orc Big Boss last year if I recall, and they fulfill a similar role.
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 37,622
    saweendra said:

Crossil said:

Campagin pack
    Sorry, but only LPs left for WH2.
    Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Agreed. Which means... well... that they didn't really start in-engine work on the DLC until very recently. Either late February or March. Aka, this DLC 100% wasn't planned until very recently, if pre-production wasn't done until now.

They told us at launch of T&T there was another dlc coming.
    Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

i know what it can not be which is Rework plus Lp if they earliest working date february and if wh3 planned for fall

• ASyrian#2378ASyrian#2378 Registered Users Posts: 1,332
    Still konda funny they always say each game has its own team working on it, still they do marketong together and stopped pushing 5 dlc/flc for three kingdoms moment in the light...feels kinda wierd
    ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

Crossil said:

Campagin pack
    yeah that was when we had only two dlc left, unless your blind you can see this was not planned

• RockNRolla92RockNRolla92 Registered Users Posts: 2,291
    Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

I think you're looking far too much into this honestly. Ofcourse the DLC was planned in advance, they don't have to add items to steam DB that far in advance, they could have been working on it on one of the other numerous branches.

None of us really know how they do things
    saweendra said:

ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

Crossil said:

Campagin pack
    yeah that was when we had only two dlc left, unless your blind you can see this was not planned
    CA said that this was subject to change, so getting another LP is not a huge surprise.

Doesn’t change the statement that only LPs are left.

SO De was never planned to be a dlc, make sense.

So beastman dlc is maybe longer in work as we though!

Well DE could still be next, but this is concrete proof Rakarth was never intended to by the DLC LL if it was DE (which I doubt at this point).
    Crossil said:

Yeah, I just dread the wait and if it's the #1 reason for no WIII info till May. I'll stick to what I've said even before Throt/Sisters released and that BM were always going to be next regardless of CA's claims of needing to test DLC for DLC, but perhaps we might even see another game I race this time instead of DE or LM.

Either way very interested to see what happens now.