Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Steam DB after Rakarth

Comments

• aMint1#4859aMint1#4859 Registered Users Posts: 1,244
    Maybe they started working on the DE until they got the go-ahead from Sega to do another dlc for dlc.
  • saweendra#3399saweendra#3399 Registered Users Posts: 19,352
    edited March 2021
    ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

Crossil said:

Wait, what??? Rakarth is the... wait, he's the OLDEST entry??? I thought he was the second one.

That doesn't make sense, the oldest entry should've been the DLC. I mean, that is not something normally done, it is usually immediately added after the last DLC is done, there was a delay but that was minor. It should've been added after the last DLC, but it was added something like 2 months later...

I swear, this next DLC is gonna be something else.

Campagin pack
    Sorry, but only LPs left for WH2.
    yeah that was when we had only two dlc left, unless your blind you can see this was not planned
    CA said that this was subject to change, so getting another LP is not a huge surprise.

Doesn’t change the statement that only LPs are left.
    i mean if thats what you wanna believe go for it

but it does change because LP statement only applied for what they had alrready planned which is why they said we only planned LP, get it key word planned

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 14,927
    aMint1 said:

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Wait, what??? Rakarth is the... wait, he's the OLDEST entry??? I thought he was the second one.

That doesn't make sense, the oldest entry should've been the DLC. I mean, that is not something normally done, it is usually immediately added after the last DLC is done, there was a delay but that was minor. It should've been added after the last DLC, but it was added something like 2 months later...

Almost like they plan this out months in advance and the idea that they only start working on a DLC after the previous is released is nonsense. Seriously IDK why people think CA work on one DLC at a time.
    I honestly don't know what you're trying to say.
    It was more a general comment based on what you said, not specific to you.

My point is people act like LPs and FLCs only start pre production after the previous was released when that's not true and what you point out shows CA planned Rakarth as FLC for months and didn't just randomly decide to remove him from an LP like some here claim.
    Agreed. Which means... well... that they didn't really start in-engine work on the DLC until very recently. Either late February or March. Aka, this DLC 100% wasn't planned until very recently, if pre-production wasn't done until now.

I swear... this DLC... it can really be anything.
    They told us at launch of T&T there was another dlc coming.
    Yeah, which is when they decided to make it, not that it was planned long before that.

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Almost like they plan this out months in advance and the idea that they only start working on a DLC after the previous is released is nonsense. Seriously IDK why people think CA work on one DLC at a time.
    I honestly don't know what you're trying to say.
    It was more a general comment based on what you said, not specific to you.

My point is people act like LPs and FLCs only start pre production after the previous was released when that's not true and what you point out shows CA planned Rakarth as FLC for months and didn't just randomly decide to remove him from an LP like some here claim.
    Agreed. Which means... well... that they didn't really start in-engine work on the DLC until very recently. Either late February or March. Aka, this DLC 100% wasn't planned until very recently, if pre-production wasn't done until now.

I swear... this DLC... it can really be anything.
    I think you're looking far too much into this honestly. Ofcourse the DLC was planned in advance, they don't have to add items to steam DB that far in advance, they could have been working on it on one of the other numerous branches.

None of us really know how they do things
    Not that it needs to be in SteamDB, but not being in there is probably indicative of them not having worked in-engine on it. From what we've seen the entries there take at least a couple of months from being added to being released, and the DLC entries take the longest, something like 4 months. If any of these is a DLC entry, that implies it comes out earliest in June, if not later than that. That is a long time for something simple like a lord pack, although I wouldn't put it past them after TnT.

Combine that with how the races shaped out and how symmetrically the LLs are distributed.... I swear, they did not originally plan to have this DLC.
    Furthermore, I consider that Daemon Prince must be removed.
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 37,720
    saweendra said:

ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

Crossil said:

Campagin pack
    yeah that was when we had only two dlc left, unless your blind you can see this was not planned
    CA said that this was subject to change, so getting another LP is not a huge surprise.

That’s what CA told us. They said 2 more LPs is subject to change which works in both directions... it can mean we only get 1 LP or that we might get more than 2.

The statement that there are only LPs left still stands.

But hey it’s you who will end up disappointed so whatever...
    Summon the Elector Counts!
    ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

Crossil said:

Campagin pack

That’s what CA told us. They said 2 more LPs is subject to change which works in both directions... it can mean we only get 1 LP or that we might get more than 2.

but it does change because LP statement only applied for what they had alrready planned which is why they said we only planned LP, get it key word planned

edited March 2021
    aMint1 said:

Maybe they started working on the DE until they got the go-ahead from Sega to do another dlc for dlc.

I don't think they intended for any more DLCs after this. I think Rakarth wouldn't have been the DLC LL. And I think he was meant to be a solo FLC LL that would bridge the gap to game 3 alone.

The races align at 6 LLs per core, 4 per DLC race and 1 per game 1 race. I think this is what they planned all along. As such Rakarth is the last piece of the puzzle.

If anything, it's the game 1 race that would've changed, not the game 2 race, if such a LP was intended to be made at all.
  • Lunaticprince#9972Lunaticprince#9972 Registered Users Posts: 6,849
    edited March 2021
    The question is now when they really start to work on rakath?

I stay until i fall!
    BM DLC is next!

• Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 37,720
    saweendra said:

ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

Crossil said:

Campagin pack

No it applies for the entirety of WH2.
    Summon the Elector Counts!
  • Nyxilis#3646Nyxilis#3646 Registered Users Posts: 7,656
    Crossil said:

aMint1 said:

I don't think they intended for any more DLCs after this. I think Rakarth wouldn't have been the DLC LL. And I think he was meant to be a solo FLC LL that would bridge the gap to game 3 alone.

The races align at 6 LLs per core, 4 per DLC race and 1 per game 1 race. I think this is what they planned all along. As such Rakarth is the last piece of the puzzle.

If anything, it's the game 1 race that would've changed, not the game 2 race, if such a LP was intended to be made at all.
    I'm not really in disagreement, or agreement. There is far to much muddying the water with this impending drop, and I would like just a lil hint on what it may or may not be. Even if it as simple as preorder, lord pack, or whatever.

Though, this drop with Rakarth might also be as simple as they promised to work on the WE stuff a lil bit more and lumped in a few other major fixes to races. Then slapped on Rakarth, even if that was a simple as bumping him up as a 'sorry' token. Or opportunity promotion.
    edited March 2021
    ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

Crossil said:

Campagin pack

No it applies for the entirety of WH2.
    No it doesn't which part of planned you don't get . if this dlc was not in the original plan than it can be any thing, that statement only applied to pre planned stuff.

i direct you to the statement development can change

• Yurisusuki#2746Yurisusuki#2746 Somewhere in LustriaRegistered Users Posts: 1,371
    I'm alone in my hype train, but when my prophecy become true i will be the new prophet and i will demand sacrifices.

Beastman vs dwarfs/vampires
    Dwarfs/vampires FLC Legendary Lord
    Beastman FLC Legendary lord
    Beastman FLC hero/lord
    Gib mony plox i report u

http://www.pudim.com.br/

SALVATION

edited March 2021
    Nyxilis said:

Crossil said:

aMint1 said:

I'm not really in disagreement, or agreement. There is far to much muddying the water with this impending drop, and I would like just a lil hint on what it may or may not be. Even if it as simple as preorder, lord pack, or whatever.

Though, this drop with Rakarth might also be as simple as they promised to work on the WE stuff a lil bit more and lumped in a few other major fixes to races. Then slapped on Rakarth, even if that was a simple as bumping him up as a 'sorry' token. Or opportunity promotion.
    That would've been a simple hotfix. Even then, this thing got a separate main menu screen. And a famous enough actor on top of that. I think that Rakarth at least was somewhat planned, but what comes next wasn't.
    Crossil said:

Nyxilis said:

Crossil said:

aMint1 said:

That would've been a simple hotfix. Even then, this thing got a separate main menu screen. And a famous enough actor on top of that. I think that Rakarth at least was somewhat planned, but what comes next wasn't.
    Disagree on that, CA has made it abundantly clear simple hotfixes for errors maybe but for things like the forge fix? Nope, they'll call it a patch and give it a name. Like they did now, and have done in the past.
    edited March 2021
    Nyxilis said:

Crossil said:

Nyxilis said:

Crossil said:

aMint1 said:

Disagree on that, CA has made it abundantly clear simple hotfixes for errors maybe but for things like the forge fix? Nope, they'll call it a patch and give it a name. Like they did now, and have done in the past.
    When in the past?

Either way, the update is called the Rakarth update. So it's not meant to be about Forge of Daith.
  • Bloodydagger#9716Bloodydagger#9716 Registered Users Posts: 4,737
    I think one of them is the Dark Elves legendary hero.
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 5,180
    I'm still betting on the lone one being a FLC Acess High Liche Priest. But it is peculiar that it'd come before the next DLC. Strange times indeed.
  • damon40000#7640damon40000#7640 Registered Users Posts: 1,876

Thorek and Neferata as the DLC LL's and Bugman and Taurox as FLC's.

Your new prophet has spoken.

10/10 predictions, i bet on those stonks
    BsFG dwarf
    Crossil said:

Nyxilis said:

Crossil said:

Nyxilis said:

Crossil said:

aMint1 said:

When in the past?

Either way, the update is called the Rakarth update. So it's not meant to be about Forge of Daith.
    https://www.totalwar.com/blog/the-asrai-resurgent-update/

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-warhammer-ii-the-kings-shilling-update/

If it's fixing something like the game crashing we get a hotfix that has at best a forum mention if they fix more they call it an update and tend to use the opportunity to make it more meaty. They call it an update, and give it a Totalwar.com page.
    Maelas said:

I'm still betting on the lone one being a FLC Acess High Liche Priest. But it is peculiar that it'd come before the next DLC. Strange times indeed.

I mean, if we're going for TK then I would think Apophas fits better to the theme of the Skulls for the Skull Throne event. But that's just my wishful thinking.
    edited March 2021
    Nyxilis said:

Crossil said:

Nyxilis said:

Crossil said:

Nyxilis said:

Crossil said:

aMint1 said:

When in the past?

If it's fixing something like the game crashing we get a hotfix that has at best a forum mention if they fix more they call it an update and tend to use the opportunity to make it more meaty. They call it an update, and give it a Totalwar.com page.
    Yeah, but those are just that. They don't come with FLC, ****. And the FLC now is the main thing for the entirety of it.

If anything, there is already the update for the last DLC, the asrai resurgent one. This thing is something else. And it's aptly named the Rakarth Update.
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 5,180
    Crossil said:

Maelas said:

I mean, if we're going for TK then I would think Apophas fits better to the theme of the Skulls for the Skull Throne event. But that's just my wishful thinking.
    True, it's mostly my want for a High Liche that is talking, but Apophas do makes sense. Then again, it Rakarth didn't just come, Shadowblade makes also a lot of sense as a Skull event, he's wearing one !

Honestly, this is a huge curveball all around, predictions are off, and the sly prophet have grown silent.
    Maelas said:

Crossil said:

Maelas said:

True, it's mostly my want for a High Liche that is talking, but Apophas do makes sense. Then again, it Rakarth didn't just come, Shadowblade makes also a lot of sense as a Skull event, he's wearing one !

Honestly, this is a huge curveball all around, predictions are off, and the sly prophet have grown silent.
    Well, to be honest, I'm not sure CA would repeat a race for this event, which would disqualify Vampire Counts, Tomb Kings, the Empire and Greenskins.
  • Bogdanov89#9316Bogdanov89#9316 Registered Users Posts: 1,154
    Skaven, Skaven, Skaven and Skaven.

The secret preorder race for TWW 3 is also Skaven.
    Check out the Community Bug Fix Mod on the Steam Workshop.
  • kratostatic#8948kratostatic#8948 Registered Users Posts: 1,053
    I could have sworn someone from CA explicitly said at one point "there is one more Lord Pack coming", not DLC, but I can't find the comment, so I guess we can't rule out a race/campaign pack, which would be wild!
    Crossil said:

Nyxilis said:

Crossil said:

Nyxilis said:

Crossil said:

Nyxilis said:

Crossil said:

aMint1 said:

When in the past?

Yeah, but those are just that. They don't come with FLC, ****. And the FLC now is the main thing for the entirety of it.

If anything, there is already the update for the last DLC, the asrai resurgent one. This thing is something else. And it's aptly named the Rakarth Update.
    They'd already said that the update was coming, they'd promised a fix was in the works and would come out as an update. This is known.

Rakarth might have already been in design but the impending promised improvements would have been opportunity.
  • JungleElfJungleElf Registered Users Posts: 6,502
    I wonder if this really means in-engine work has just started, or was just exported. So, if it sets a timeframe or not.
  • Bogdanov89#9316Bogdanov89#9316 Registered Users Posts: 1,154
    I think it was stated that there is one more paid DLC coming for tww2.

It was around the official information release about TWW 3 if i remember.
    Check out the Community Bug Fix Mod on the Steam Workshop.
  • Tennisgolfboll#5877Tennisgolfboll#5877 Registered Users Posts: 13,341
    Crossil for president! Race pack next!!

(Doubt it. Bardics guess for lm vs bm with rakarth flc is my guess. But ohhh how i want a race pack!!)
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • Tennisgolfboll#5877Tennisgolfboll#5877 Registered Users Posts: 13,341

Skaven, Skaven, Skaven and Skaven.

The secret preorder race for TWW 3 is also Skaven.

Finally some skaven!
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • TheWattman#7460TheWattman#7460 Junior Member Earth´s core... doing things you will never know aboutRegistered Users Posts: 1,579
    If we say its Lizardmen vs Beastmen, then it should be something like this:

1. Moonclaw vs Tetto'eko LP
    2. Taurox + Beastmen Update FLC for WH1
    3. Chakax LH FLC for Lizardmen (makes sense to have him more general rather than specifically for Tlaxtlan/Tetto'eko
    4. Wargor/Doombull Access FLC