Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Outdated Lord/Faction Combo's Game 1 races

BeargodBeargod Registered Users Posts: 452
All Game 2 LL( + greenskins, brettonia, wood elves, norsca)have unique factions.

Please give the following lords their own faction to bring them up to date with Game 2 races(+Greenskins/Brettonia/Wood Elves):

Volkmar the Grimm (still in Reikland)
Helmann Ghorst (still in Sylvania)
Grombrindal(still in Karaz-a-Karak)

- I dont care if they belong in the faction lorewise, Imrik belongs to Caledor lorewise and still has his own unique faction, Rakarth/Lokhir belong to Karond Kar and both have unique factions. Use the same principle on Volkmar,Grombrindal, Ghorst etc.

- Maybe CA already has plans to implement this in the future, just wanted to bring it up since Game 3 is approaching and the focus may shift to the new factions in game 3.

Comments

• NikolabracNikolabrac Registered Users Posts: 709
    Volkmar should be put in Talabecland so he can get his dlc unit and ghorst should be moved to mordheim grombrindal could be put in karak zorn since by lore he is from there ( all first dwarfs are)
  • OdTengriOdTengri Registered Users Posts: 10,096
    Angry Santa (aka Grombrindal) should be up in the North Pole with the Norse Dwarfs of Kraka Drak
  • JungleElfJungleElf Registered Users Posts: 6,502
    I don't know.

Grombrindal never had ties to Kraka Drak or the other Norse holds. I think he should lead an unique sort of expedition somewhere.
  • EmeraldThanatos#7267EmeraldThanatos#7267 Registered Users Posts: 2,927
    Grombrinal could be moved to Karag Dum in WH3, because that's likely to be on the map.
    Ranking of all Total War games I've played:
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Attila
    3. Warhammer (1, 2 & 3)
    4. Medieval 2
    5. Shogun 2
    6. Thrones
    7. Rome 2
    8. Napoleon
    9. Empire

Grombrinal could be moved to Karag Dum in WH3, because that's likely to be on the map.

Umm... No... That's for Malakai Makaisson and the Doom Seekers DLC he should come with.
  • Ben1990#8909Ben1990#8909 Registered Users Posts: 2,614
    OdTengri said:

Umm... No... That's for Malakai Makaisson and the Doom Seekers DLC he should come with.
    Nah. That's for Thorek Ironbrow with a Runic DLC. Also implying they wouldn't take both Grimm and Malakai and combine them into one unit ala Sisters of Twilight or Skarsnik and Gobbla.
  • capybarasiesta89#4722capybarasiesta89#4722 Senior Member Edinburgh, ScotlandRegistered Users Posts: 5,431
    edited April 2021
    Move Vlad to Drakenhof Isabella von Carstein becomes LH, move Mannfred South to Nagashizzar, Ghorst can go to Templehof.

Volkmar goes to Talabecland as suggested later in Game 3 he should crusade North towards Chaos Wastes or hr becomes semi horde Faction Sigmar Sons or something.

Khazrak starts near Middenheim, Morghur near Athel Loren, Malagor could stay where he is or somewhere South, then new Beastmen LL could be in Naggaroth.

Chaos Undivided (yes they should be) Archaon starts where he is or in new place, Sigvald goes to Slaanesh, Kholek starts near Naggaroth.

h1feizw8yzk6.jpg
  • mecanojavi99#6562mecanojavi99#6562 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 10,832
    To be honest, Grombrindal can start in any hold, he goes around bell in Dwarfs in need, but with Chaos being the big bad of game 3 and all, it would make sense that he would go to Kraka Drak, arguably the closest hold to Chaos, making then the ones in need of more help.

Ghorst can be sent in a mission by Manfred to some place, similar to how TTT starts in Tlaqua because Mazdamundi sent him there, but If not, I would put him in Tempelhof, just near his master, but with his own faction and all starting in an alliance with Manfred.

Volkmar I would make him a semi horde that goes around building Sigmar shrines or something similar, starting maybe in Norsca or near the Chaos Wastes in a crusade against Chaos.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
  • mightygloinmightygloin Karaz-a-KarakRegistered Users Posts: 6,085
    The depiction and implemention of Grombrindal in the game is such a contrary thing anyway. A cloaked mysterious figure that aids any other lord in times of need, yet has a fixed position and openly leads armies from there like a generic lord. Barebones inclusion.
  • DeadpoolSWDeadpoolSW Registered Users Posts: 3,149
    Volkmar: Move north-east of Kislev (more thinking about game 3) to fight chaos.

Ghorst: Move far far away from Sylvania, don't really care where.

Grombrindal: Move to Naggaroth, or have him as a Nakai-esque horde where he gives settlements to existing Dwarf factions but can start taking settlements normally/work like a normal faction if you destroy Naggarond.

Khazrak/Morghur: Switch

Kholek: Move east in game 3.

Sigvald: Move to Naggaroth.
    Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind, Khuresh & the Hobgoblin Khanate!
  • Trebor_twTrebor_tw Registered Users Posts: 599
    Agreed, multiple legendary lords to one position is a game one outdated design method. Just move them somewhere else already, it doesn't require any fancy new mechanics.

To get the most out of the change, we want to aim for the new start position to introduce different gameplay to what is currently available.

Grombrindal in Kraka Drak is ok - but not so different to Ungrim Ironfist. As a character who is known for helping Dwarfs at their utmost hour of need in the lore, put him in southlands or the New World.

Volkmar just needs to be geographicallly apart from the empire. Ostland , Ostermark etc.

Helmann Ghorst is an obscure character that I do not think many people broadly care to play. Lore wise I do not believe he is known to have had business outside the Reikland but nonetheless just stick him somewhere far away from Vlad , Mannfred and Isabella for the sake of adding variety and replayability to the game. Same for Isabella.
  • CaffynatedCaffynated Member Registered Users Posts: 1,423

Move Vlad to Drakenhof Isabella von Carstein becomes LH, move Mannfred South to Nagashizzar, Ghorst can go to Templehof.

Sure, right after they move Karl Franz to Lustria to make room for Magnus in Altdorf.
  • steam_164513114285QqDwIYfsteam_164513114285QqDwIYf Registered Users Posts: 811
    1. Volkmar - Either Talabecland or Ostland would work for him, as he is put further north to fight Norsca/Chaos.

2. Grombrindal - Either Karak Zorn or Hualotal.

3. Ghorst - Morgheim in the Marshes of Madness.

4. Beastmen - Separate into three factions, keep starting locations the same.

5. Warriors of Chaos - Tough one. Eventually they should all lead their own factions, but not sure on where the new start positions could be placed. Also not sure what CA is going to do to the WoC when WH3 rolls out.
  • LabriaLabria Registered Users Posts: 2,233
    edited April 2021
    I am sure all legendary lords will get unique starting position soon or later. Only isabella is really problem. She make more sense as legendary hero for Vlad.

Grombrindal can go to own expedition to Naggaroth. Grombrindal has one big reason to be there - grudge against Malakith. He can start in war with minor Dark Elves faction like Clar Karond. This can be interesting anti-elves focus campaign for Dwarfs.

Ghorst can go to expedition to Nehekhara to find artefacts for mannfred or something like this. He can start in war with minor Tomb Kings faction like Numas or Dune Kingdoms.

Volkmar should go on own expedition far from Empire. Maybe he can be move to Desolation of Drakenmoor setlement in Southern Dark Lands province. For now, whole Southern Dark Lands province is empty in the game.
    He will be close to vampires from Silver Pinnacle and Sylvania. Also, he will be close to Chaos invasion from the North.

Kholek can lead Chaos invasion on Naggaroth.

Sigvald should be move to Slaanesh race. Maybe he can start in Norsca with own Slaanesh faction.
  • Ares354Ares354 Registered Users Posts: 4,292
    Stupid ideas. Some Lords shouldnt lead their own factions. I hate, when I get 1 LL, and then I had to use no names Generals.

And person who ask to turn Volkmar into horder, should play BM, Nakai Dan n night.
    Ben1990 said:

OdTengri said:

Nah. That's for Thorek Ironbrow with a Runic DLC. Also implying they wouldn't take both Grimm and Malakai and combine them into one unit ala Sisters of Twilight or Skarsnik and Gobbla.
    Thorek has nothing to do with Karag Dum... Malakai Makaisson actually flew there with Gotrek and Felix.

Thorek belongs in Karak Azul or leading an expedition for Karak Zorn.