Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

M2TW DE Campaign map scroll speed

brokentoolbrokentool neverwhereRegistered Users Posts: 5
edited April 15 in Medieval II: Total War
hello all

having some trouble with extremely fast campaign map scroll speed in M2TW DE on Steam.

in battles, scroll speed is fine, can be adjusted by the slider in the main menu. but on the campaign map the scroll speed is way too fast and can not be adjusted in-game

read up on this issue and it seems I have to cap my FPS at 60, to get normal scrolling speed. did that in my nVIDIA control panel, but can't get it to work. also V-Sync is off in-game, and on in the nVIDIA settings. tried switching on and off the G-Sync as well.

I think I tried the possible combinations with these settings and the framerate keeps showing as 143-44, although capped at 60 in the nVIDIA settings

please advise, if you can

edit: solved with MSI Afterburner / Rivatuner
Romanes eunt domus
Post edited by brokentool on

Comments

• FritzvomWaldFritzvomWald Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 79
    I usually work around it by using the numerical keypad to scroll, doing it with the mouse is difficult to control. For longer distances I simply click on the spot in the small radar map.

I am intrigued by the 'slider' for battle map scrolling, never noticed that. Where in the main menu would I find that?
  • brokentoolbrokentool neverwhereRegistered Users Posts: 5
    @FritzvomWald in the main menu, options --> game settings. the sliders are: rotation speed and movement speed

thanks for the workaround suggestion, however I hope there is some combination of settings in the nVIDIA control panel and/or in-game, which can cap the FPS to 60
    Romanes eunt domus
    Beats me why I never noticed those settings, but yes, they are only for battle.

Capping the FPS will require a third party application, it certainly can't be done in game. Nvidia GeExperience has a recommended setting based on the CFG file of the game but that obviously doesn't include FPS capping. Vsync activated does seem to slow scrolling but in my experience it's negligible.
  • brokentoolbrokentool neverwhereRegistered Users Posts: 5
    edited April 17
    well, I solved it using a third party software

installed MSI Afterburner, which comes with RIvatuner. The latter, when started, has a simple field for FPS global limit, which works. now I can play M2TW DE with normal campaign map scroll
    Post edited by brokentool on
    Romanes eunt domus
    Rare reports indicate that MSI Afterburner may impact the game's stability - do keep that in mind.