Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Strigoi are the best Vampire Count Bloodline

Cortes31#6909Cortes31#6909 Registered Users Posts: 2,385
They deserve LL in Marshes of Madness!

They and they alone!

I cannot believe how many would want to rob best vampires of their rightful starting position just to move Helman Ghorst who should not even be in the game have his own starting position in the first place.

#JusticeforUshoran
#StrigoibestVampire
#ShareStartingPosition
Tagged:

Comments

• JToegiTheSnotling#6624JToegiTheSnotling#6624 Registered Users Posts: 2,407
    I completely agree. I've been wanting a playable Strigoi Empire for so long!!! CA please!!!
  • SaintCorn#3148SaintCorn#3148 Registered Users Posts: 2,876
    Strigoi and Necrarchs should definitely get more representation, in my opinion.
    They could use some of the other bloodlines ASAP.

• saweendra#3399saweendra#3399 Registered Users Posts: 19,583
    what blood dragons they use Lance and ride un dead horse aka best ever

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• MythrilSoulMythrilSoul Registered Users Posts: 1,038
    ah! a fellow vampire totally human of culture

gashnag for the DoW would be amazing, it fits his lore, give us a monstruos LL for a mostly human faction (also shows that not only humans are part of the DoW) and finally give us some strigoi representation in the game

also F*** ghorst
    worst choice CA ever made for a LL, most LPs dont have real lore rivalries so why the F do they decided to pick this literal footnote just to make a sigmars blood reference when we have fan favorites like neferata, walach, zacharias still nt in the game?
    even dieter would be better than him if it needed to be a necromancer LL
  • OdTengri#8235OdTengri#8235 Registered Users Posts: 10,231

Gashnag for the DoW would be amazing, it fits his lore, give us a monstruos LL for a mostly human faction (also shows that not only humans are part of the DoW) and finally give us some strigoi representation in the game

I'd rather Vorag or Ushoran himself.
  • DeadpoolSW#7283DeadpoolSW#7283 Registered Users Posts: 3,151

gashnag for the DoW would be amazing, it fits his lore, give us a monstruos LL for a mostly human faction (also shows that not only humans are part of the DoW) and finally give us some strigoi representation in the game

also F*** ghorst
    worst choice CA ever made for a LL, most LPs dont have real lore rivalries so why the F do they decided to pick this literal footnote just to make a sigmars blood reference when we have fan favorites like neferata, walach, zacharias still nt in the game?

Gashnag is one of my top picks for a DoW campaign pack, hopefully they include him and don't just have human LLs.
    Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind, Khuresh & the Hobgoblin Khanate!
  • Bayes#3307Bayes#3307 Senior Member NorwayRegistered Users Posts: 5,021
    Nobody cares vampire nerds ... Go watch twilight or something.
    OdTengri said:

Gashnag for the DoW would be amazing, it fits his lore, give us a monstruos LL for a mostly human faction (also shows that not only humans are part of the DoW) and finally give us some strigoi representation in the game

I'd rather Vorag or Ushoran himself.
    gashnag for DoW and Vorag for VCounts, go beyond!

ushoran to me is a aborash situation cool idea but better as a background character
    he's also dead unless you like the end times but its not like CA cares about that bit
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 5,180
    Lahmians are my favorite bloodlines, but I'd love to have a Necrarch and a Strigoi lord. Plus a fleshed out Red Duke.

Come on CA, time for character packs
    saweendra said:

blood dragons are boring compared to strigoi

all other bloodlines are more interesting both in themes and in looks than the reverse von carsteins
  • mecanojavi99#6562mecanojavi99#6562 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 11,483

saweendra said:

all other bloodlines are more interesting both in themes and in looks than the reverse von carsteins
    Depends on the character to be honest, the Red Duke to me is hilarious and a very interesting character, and is a Blood Dragon.

"what do you mean there is another duke of Aquitaine? I'm the Duke of Aquitaine!!

Or Luthor Harkon, that guy cannot be described as boring.

I simply like the idea of heavily armoured vampires riding in undead horses.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
  • Reeks#2417Reeks#2417 Registered Users Posts: 10,380
    #SisterhoodOfLahmia4Evah

#UshoranIsWeak

#TheOneTrueQueen

Nurgle is love

Nurgle is life

#JusticeForNurglingForumAvatars
  • LordSolarMach#5538LordSolarMach#5538 Registered Users Posts: 2,302
    Maelas said:

Lahmians are my favorite bloodlines, but I'd love to have a Necrarch and a Strigoi lord. Plus a fleshed out Red Duke.

A Strigoi FLC with a Neferata DLC makes sense, given her distain for her brother and his ilk.

A Red Duke FLC-full-implementation with Zacharias DLC also makes sense, as I assume they'd update Zombie Dragons to be SEMs with him and there's a rough connection to Blood Dragons... shhhh... let me have this.
  • RamsesIII#4621RamsesIII#4621 Registered Users Posts: 1,177
    Hoping for Ushoran FLC in a Neferata LP. I don't care for Vorag, though I do think Gashnag is fairly interesting, I still feel that it'd be a shame to have Neferata and not bring in her brother, it'd be a missed opportunity for a cool rivalry.
    edited April 2021

saweendra said:

Depends on the character to be honest, the Red Duke to me is hilarious and a very interesting character, and is a Blood Dragon.

"what do you mean there is another duke of Aquitaine? I'm the Duke of Aquitaine!!

oh the characters are good the bloodline as a concept is boring as hell
    the red duke/luthor could have been a von carsteins and nothing about them whould change

von carsteins already have the heavy armour & horses covered, are the jack of all trades bloodline and get the decadent aristocracy looks
    strigoi are the phisical peak of vampirism and monstruos looks
    necrarch are the magical peak and have the withered husk/nosferatu looks
    lahmians are the "frail" temptresses that puppet kings and generals

blood dragons are von carsteins with winged helms and better with a sword
    Maelas said:

Flesh out the "Red Duke"

More like make Undead Dark Bretonnia.

Knights of the Realm -> Black Knights
    Knights Errant - > Damned Knights Errant

Grail Knights -> Black Grail Knights (Undead Grail Knights)
    Grail Guardians - > Knights of the Black Grail (A specific order of Blood Knights)
    Pegasus Knights -> Black Knights on Hellsteeds.
    Royal Pegasus Knights -> Blood Knights on Hellsteeds
    Hypogryph Knights -> Blood Knights on Abyssal Terrors.

Trebuchet -> Corpse Thrower
    Blessed Trebuchet -> Corpse Thrower of Malady
  • capybarasiesta89#4722capybarasiesta89#4722 Senior Member Bath, UKRegistered Users Posts: 5,463
    edited April 2021

also F*** ghorst

They should have gone with Mannfred vs Volkmar they done mistake.

Generally how they done Vampire Counts Lord choice is bizzare.

Vlad (Isabella LH), Kemmler (Krell LH), Mannfred, Ushoran/Vorag, Zacharias, Neferata (Abhorash LH), Walach Harkon this would please me greatly.
    h1feizw8yzk6.jpg
  • MiniaAr#5798MiniaAr#5798 Registered Users Posts: 1,788
    Totally agree March of Madness Strigoi LL is a must.
    MiniaAr said:

Totally agree March of Madness Strigoi LL is a must.

Yes and the Fortress of Vorag as well.

saweendra said:

the red duke/luthor could have been a von carsteins and nothing about them whould change

von carsteins already have the heavy armour & horses covered, are the jack of all trades bloodline and get the decadent aristocracy looks

I see it more as the Von Carstein being THE Vampire Counts, the aristocracy of the night, they want to rule, both the living and the dead.

The Blood Dragons sole objective is to improve their abilities, to achieve perfection from a martial point of view, most of them don't really care about building empires or conquering other coutrys, the want to fight an defeat the greatest enemies they can find.
    - Anonymous

also F*** ghorst

They should have gone with Mannfred vs Volkmar they done mistake.

Generally how they done Vampire Counts Lord choice is bizzare.

Vlad (Isabella LH), Kemmler (Krell LH), Mannfred, Ushoran/Vorag, Zacharias, Neferata (Abhorash LH), Walach Harkon this would please me greatly.
    to be fair to CA, manfredd was the VC poster boy and the one who is alive at franz coronation

zacharias vs volkmar would have been cool LP with some interesting of contrasts
    like magic vs miracles and science vs faith

but on isabella, krell and aborash im 100% with you, they should be LHs (just no to aborash for neferata, he should be a lord kroak LH with a unique quest to unlock for all vcount factions)

saweendra said:

I see it more as the Von Carstein being THE Vampire Counts, the aristocracy of the night, they want to rule, both the living and the dead.

The Blood Dragons sole objective is to improve their abilities, to achieve perfection from a martial point of view, most of them don't really care about building empires or conquering other countries, the want to fight an defeat the greatest enemies they can find.
    Your kinda correct.

The Von Carsteins are literally the Vampire Counts in Sylvania. Vlad is in his mind the Elector COUNT of Sylvania, the Vampire Count army book is specifically about his faction of Vampires and his faction seems to be the most inclined towards empire building.

That said, there is a lot of Blood Dragon activity in Bretonnia, almost all the Vampires active in Bretonnia have a Blood Dragon background and one could assume that the Undead "Lords" of Musillon are primarily of their stock. I'd imagine that there's an entirely different faction of "Vampire Dukes" in Musillon that if time and money allowed would have their own "Armybook" with their own specific ideas on waging war and dominating the mortals.

OdTengri said:

saweendra said:

The Blood Dragons sole objective is to improve their abilities, to achieve perfection from a martial point of view, most of them don't really care about building empires or conquering other countries, the want to fight an defeat the greatest enemies they can find.
    Your kinda correct.

The Von Carsteins are literally the Vampire Counts in Sylvania. Vlad is in his mind the Elector COUNT of Sylvania, the Vampire Count army book is specifically about his faction of Vampires and his faction seems to be the most inclined towards empire building.

That said, there is a lot of Blood Dragon activity in Bretonnia, almost all the Vampires active in Bretonnia have a Blood Dragon background and one could assume that the Undead "Lords" of Musillon are primarily of their stock. I'd imagine that there's an entirely different faction of "Vampire Dukes" in Musillon that if time and money allowed would have their own "Armybook" with their own specific ideas on waging war and dominating the mortals.

on a little tangent

necrachs are also common in bretonnia for some reason, BD i can easily see why, honour combat culture and what not
    but why also necrarchs?
    OdTengri said:

saweendra said:

Your kinda correct.

When I think of the Blood Dragons I think more of the ones from the Blood Keep, the ones from the Order Draconis and all, those are the ones that don't give a skavens ass about conquering.

The Red Duke and the Bretonnian Blood Dragons are quite different in that respect, since most of them still percieve themselves as the rightfull nobles and heirs of different Bretonnian houses, they are kind of a mix between the Von Carsteins and the Blood Dragons, which makes them more interesting from a gameplay perspective since they have more complex motivations and actually want to conquer land, better suited for a Total War game, that's why I think the Red Duke will be the Bloodline representative of the VC, apart from being already a semi LL.
    - Anonymous

OdTengri said:

saweendra said:

Your kinda correct.

on a little tangent

necrachs are also common in bretonnia for some reason, BD i can easily see why, honour combat culture and what not
    but why also necrarchs?
    The castle of Constant Drachenfels is in the mountains nearby, I bet many Necrarchs would give an arm for a chance to get access to his library, Kemmlers starts there for a reason.
    - Anonymous

OdTengri said:

saweendra said:

Your kinda correct.

on a little tangent

but why also necrarchs?
    The castle of Constant Drachenfels is in the mountains nearby, I bet many Necrarchs would give an arm for a chance to get access to his library, Kemmlers starts there for a reason.
    good point, but then the karaz ankor should be drowining in necrarchs considering nagashizzar is a grudge away from karaz-a-karak

OdTengri said:

saweendra said:

Your kinda correct.

When I think of the Blood Dragons I think more of the ones from the Blood Keep, the ones from the Order Draconis and all, those are the ones that don't give a skavens ass about conquering.

The Red Duke and the Bretonnian Blood Dragons are quite different in that respect, since most of them still percieve themselves as the rightfull nobles and heirs of different Bretonnian houses, they are kind of a mix between the Von Carsteins and the Blood Dragons, which makes them more interesting from a gameplay perspective since they have more complex motivations and actually want to conquer land, better suited for a Total War game, that's why I think the Red Duke will be the Bloodline representative of the VC, apart from being already a semi LL.
    Fair enough... I can understand that. The Blood Dragons are primarily and specifically a unit after all, it's not even clear if it's appropriate to call all of the Children of Aborash as Blood Dragons, that's how they handle in the the 2nd ed Role Playing game but not everybody who experienced Warhammer Fantasy got the chance to see it through that lense.

From the Fantasy Battles perspective the Blood Dragons are the Knightly Order founded by Wallach Harkon.

Personally I'd rather see Mallobaude make it in as the LL for Mousillon.

In an Ideal world the "Vampire Dukes" would get a Race Pack.... 2 LL's and an inverted Bretonnia campaign.
    OdTengri said:

OdTengri said:

saweendra said:

Your kinda correct.

Fair enough... I can understand that. The Blood Dragons are primarily and specifically a unit after all, it's not even clear if it's appropriate to call all of the Children of Aborash as Blood Dragons, that's how they handle in the the 2nd ed Role Playing game but not everybody who experienced Warhammer Fantasy got the chance to see it through that lense.

From the Fantasy Battles perspective the Blood Dragons are the Knightly Order founded by Wallach Harkon.

In an Ideal world the "Vampire Dukes" would get a Race Pack.... 2 LL's and an inverted Bretonnia campaign.
    Oh, I'm all for the Duke of Moussillon being a dark Bretonnian kind of LL for Bretonnia, he is literally Mordred after all.

The Red Duke can be moved to another place, maybe to the GS settlement near Marienburg and Couronne, or to the north of Araby, he became a vampire there after all, he could start there and have a campaign revolving around gathering forces to then launch a final assault against Aquitaine.
    - Anonymous

OdTengri said:

OdTengri said:

saweendra said:

Your kinda correct.

Oh, I'm all for the Duke of Moussillon being a dark Bretonnian kind of LL for Bretonnia, he is literally Mordred after all.

The Red Duke can be moved to another place, maybe to the GS settlement near Marienburg and Couronne, or to the north of Araby, he became a vampire there after all, he could start there and have a campaign revolving around gathering forces to then launch a final assault against Aquitaine.
    I was actually thinking that moving him to the Desert near Repanse and the Crusaders might be an interesting 2nd start location to give some campaign variability. Also it would be intresting to have Dark Bretonnia vs the Crusading Bretonnia