Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

[Poll] - Are you more interested in playing Cathay, Daemons of Chaos or Kislev in the third game?

Comments

• davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,085

Well, this looks like it's playing out as it will in reality, Cathay will be the first choice faction.. from footnote to the coveted prime order faction.

*If they have an easy start position.

Hopefully one easy plastered "NEWB FRIENDLY!" and one hard for the experienced folk.
    I'm thinking the Dragon Emperor will be OP and the other option will be a little more challenging.
    I can't wait to see how broken skaven will become when they get stormfiends and verminlords on top of everything else.
    Yeah, a lot of people think they will be armed with Ratling Guns but they will be Ratling Cannons, a 50 mil version of our current Rattling Weapons. I hope they create another army focus like Warlord/Infantry.
    Interested in Sea Elves? Did you just call me a simpleton?

• KuntingWarriorKuntingWarrior Registered Users Posts: 2,877

Well, this looks like it's playing out as it will in reality, Cathay will be the first choice faction.. from footnote to the coveted prime order faction.

*If they have an easy start position.

Hopefully one easy plastered "NEWB FRIENDLY!" and one hard for the experienced folk.
    I'm thinking the Dragon Emperor will be OP and the other option will be a little more challenging.
    I can't wait to see how broken skaven will become when they get stormfiends and verminlords on top of everything else.
    Yeah, a lot of people think they will be armed with Ratling Guns but they will be Ratling Cannons, a 50 mil version of our current Rattling Weapons. I hope they create another army focus like Warlord/Infantry.
    Would like to see some albino's and council guard variants, but seems CA felt they were only worth a RoR

Ratling cannon go boom boom kapow!
  • DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Registered Users Posts: 4,771
    I'm split between Kislev and Cathay, but a lot of that depends on how both are actually implemented.
  • mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 3,761

Even though I swore to uphold the law as Sheriff of this town, I cannot deny that my job would be easier with access to certain powers, which only Chaos can provide, fitgh fire with fire.

If you're the sheriff then I am the lawless cowboy. You'll never take me alive, lawman!
    Mmmm, the FPD would make good use of someone with more... unorthodox methods, would you consider joining the police department as my deputy, in exchange for a pardon?
    When I embarked on this path, I did so knowing my life was already forfeit, I don't do this for the money or the power, it's about sending a message.
    Shame, you could have served a greater purpose, I will let you go this time, as a sign of respect for sticking to your way of life, but make no mistake, next time, I will arrest you, for I AM THE LAW.

• PoorManatee6197PoorManatee6197 Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    I'm very excited for Kislev, I really like them in lore and now seeing them come to the game and to the tabletop is a dream.
    #MakeDwarfsGreatAgain Josef Bugman, Thorek Ironbrow, Alrik Ranulfsson, Grimm Burloksson, Kazador Thunderhorn, Byrrnoth Grundadrakk, Malakai Makaisson, Gotrek Gurnisson, Garagrim, Dragon slayer, Deamon slayer, Doomseekers, Brotherhood of Grimnir, Giant slayers, Thunderbarge, Shieldbearer mount, Master brewer, Goblin Hewer, Norse dwarf war mammoth, Tractator engine, Rune golem, Shard dragon, proper Anvil of Doom, Ulther's dragon company, Lond Drong's slayer pirates, Everguard, Karak Varn, Karag Agrilwutraz, Silver Pinacle, Karag Dum, Karak Vlag, Kraka Dorden, Kraka Ornsmotek, Kraka Ravnsvake, Karak Vrag, Karak Azorn, Karak Krakaten.

All those missing things are grudges in the great book, is in your hand to settle them, CA. Khazukan kazakit-ha!
  • KuntingWarriorKuntingWarrior Registered Users Posts: 2,877

Even though I swore to uphold the law as Sheriff of this town, I cannot deny that my job would be easier with access to certain powers, which only Chaos can provide, fitgh fire with fire.

If you're the sheriff then I am the lawless cowboy. You'll never take me alive, lawman!
    Mmmm, the FPD would make good use of someone with more... unorthodox methods, would you consider joining the police department as my deputy, in exchange for a pardon?
    When I embarked on this path, I did so knowing my life was already forfeit, I don't do this for the money or the power, it's about sending a message.
    Shame, you could have served a greater purpose, I will let you go this time, as a sign of respect for sticking to your way of life, but make no mistake, next time, I will arrest you, for I AM THE LAW.

This thing you call a society will come crashing down around you when they know the truth, I will bring it to them, sheriff. When push comes to shove these "civilised" people you protect will be no worse than savages. When all is as ash and cinder, I will be there to rebuild the world as it should be, and the people will thank me for it.
  • MightfoMightfo Registered Users Posts: 183
    You may find the results of this poll interesting/useful: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc6gvbSWJ9CwSxiTvn71Yt5jFRWIXN-EgPPLxEfg5Qf4waQIw/viewanalytics from https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/284572/excitement-poll-for-confirmed-wh3-factions-and-more-likely-wh3-factions#latest

It suggests that the excitement order is Cathay > Kislev > Nurgle > Tzeentch > Khorne, Slaanesh.

But notably your poll shows that if you group Chaos collectively, there is probably more collective interest in them than Cathay/Kislev, which the previous poll wasn't able to show, although it has more detail overall.
  • Prince_AlucardPrince_Alucard Registered Users Posts: 556
    I am interested in all of them, however, had to go with chaos. Most familiar, most to offer in base it'd seem.
  • BeargodBeargod Registered Users Posts: 41
    Im most excited for Chaos. Not really excited for Cathay.
  • ArecBalrinArecBalrin Registered Users Posts: 2,539
    People disappointed by the line-up CA went with might be discouraged from answering any poll at all.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 27,653
    Cathay neck and neck with Kislev 29 apiece, this is getting interesting.

WO SHI FALU!
    Hyped for TWW3.

CA! Cathay has the most potential of any race in TWW by far. More A+ material to design a race from than any other. You can make Cathay the best race in TWW history. I bolieve in you!
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 5,922
    edited April 5

WO SHI FALU!
    I dont know what site you are looking at. You all can go dredge up some reddit fanboys to save Cathay, but we know how it should really be. ;)

Beastmen

Surge_2 said:

WO SHI FALU!
    I dont know what site you are looking at. You all can go dredge up some reddit fanboys to save Cathay, but we know how it should really be. ;)

Edgy Demon Lords represent 4 races. Divide by 4. I am fair though, divide by LLs which means you can divide by 2.
    Hyped for TWW3.

CA! Cathay has the most potential of any race in TWW by far. More A+ material to design a race from than any other. You can make Cathay the best race in TWW history. I bolieve in you!
  • ArecBalrinArecBalrin Registered Users Posts: 2,539
    If the poll ended now, there are some people who will seriously argue 'poll concludes that players prefer GOOD core WH3 races to EVIL ones: 58% to 39%, with 3% being bitter history fans'.
  • BonutzBonutz Registered Users Posts: 4,426
    I'll probably start with Kislev and then move onto Cathay.

First of my Daemon playthroughs will be Khorne for sure.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I’m all out of bubblegum.
  • RonNLRonNL Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 553
    CATHAY!!! Especially the dragon emperor!
  • CrosswireCrosswire Registered Users Posts: 165
    Of the current revealed ones, Kislev and Nurgle. Not much interest in the rest of Chaos and even less in Cathay - I've already got three kingdoms for fantasy China.
    Crosswire said:

Of the current revealed ones, Kislev and Nurgle. Not much interest in the rest of Chaos and even less in Cathay - I've already got three kingdoms for fantasy China.

This is probably what I hate most.

If this ends up just being 3K vs WH, I'll f'n puke.
    Beastmen

• CrajohCrajoh Member Registered Users Posts: 2,212
    edited April 6
    1. Cathay. Absolutely brand new race to the game and excited to see where CA and GW take them. Also an interesting historical and mythological background to draw from. Lastly the very concept that WH fantasy is being expanded continues to keep the game setting alive. Grow and evolve or die.

2. Kislev. Slavic influenced polar bear riding Calvary and ice magic what’s not to like.

The only thing holding Kislev back from number one is the Winged Hussars. Winged horses in Pegasus I get, or winged humanoids like Valkyrie. But winged humans riding normal horses make no sense, so they hold on super tight with their thighs and lift there horses into the air?

3. Tszentch. Can’t be bothered looking up the correct spelling but hopefully CA introduce some unique mechanics to really get the whole trickery and devious side. Looking for something much more than just the HE influence mechanic.
    Live your life and try to do no harm.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Evelyn Beatrice Hall
  • SaintCornSaintCorn Registered Users Posts: 1,434
    Crajoh said:

1. Cathay. Absolutely brand new race to the game and excited to see where CA and GW take them. Also an interesting historical and mythological background to draw from. Lastly the very concept that WH fantasy is being expanded continues to keep the game setting alive. Grow and evolve or die.

2. Kislev. Slavic influenced polar bear riding Calvary and ice magic what’s not to like.

The only thing holding Kislev back from number one is the Winged Hussars. Winged horses in Pegasus I get, or winged humanoids like Valkyrie. But winged humans riding normal horses make no sense, so they hold on super tight with their thighs and lift there horses into the air?

3. Tszentch. Can’t be bothered looking up the correct spelling but hopefully CA introduce some unique mechanics to really get the whole trickery and devious side. Looking for something much more than just the HE influence mechanic.

The winged hussars don't fly.
    The wings are based off of the Polish Winged Hussars from history.

Surge_2 said:

Crosswire said:

That would suck.

I want Warhammer fantasy China. Not 3K fantasy China.
    Hyped for TWW3.

• CrajohCrajoh Member Registered Users Posts: 2,212
    :)
    SaintCorn said:

Crajoh said:

The winged hussars don't fly.
    The wings are based off of the Polish Winged Hussars from history.
    🙂
    Live your life and try to do no harm.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Evelyn Beatrice Hall
    edited April 6

Surge_2 said:

Crosswire said:

That would suck.

I'm honestly worried thats what it will be, and thinking on it from some of the other threads today, Tau dont fit 40K either, and thats my fear. Cathay wont fit.

(And I say this as a lover of all battlesuits, mecha, Knights, and Walkers...)
    Beastmen

• DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Registered Users Posts: 4,771
    Surge_2 said:

Surge_2 said:

Crosswire said:

That would suck.

I'm honestly worried thats what it will be, and thinking on it from some of the other threads today, Tau dont fit 40K either, and thats my fear. Cathay wont fit.

I think it's too soon to assume that. I'll admit, I like the idea of fantasy China more than I do the scraps of lore GW came up with for Cathay. But I think a lot of new stuff is likely to be invented between CA and GW working on this project, and we just can't predict what that looks like.

Still, if nothing else I think they'll be at least as over the top and fantastical as The Empire or Bretonnia, and both of them have plenty of fantasy elements. I think it's fair to say Cathay will have more fantasy units than Three Kingdoms does.

Surge_2 said:

Surge_2 said:

Crosswire said:

That would suck.

I think it's too soon to assume that. I'll admit, I like the idea of fantasy China more than I do the scraps of lore GW came up with for Cathay. But I think a lot of new stuff is likely to be invented between CA and GW working on this project, and we just can't predict what that looks like.

Still, if nothing else I think they'll be at least as over the top and fantastical as The Empire or Bretonnia, and both of them have plenty of fantasy elements. I think it's fair to say Cathay will have more fantasy units than Three Kingdoms does.
    I mean you are right, but the only thing I can do is look at Tau, and the new AoS factions GW has created.

None of that really gives me confidence.
    Beastmen

• Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,224
    How the **** are daemons winning

Only real faction on the poll.
    Beastmen

• Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,224
    Surge_2 said:

Only real faction on the poll.
    Lol you must be confused
  • joproulx99joproulx99 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,136

There is only one true answer in this poll the other choices are death traps for weaklings. Chaos win!
    "Fear me mortals, for I am the Anointed, the favored Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall."

~ Archaon, Lord of the End Times
  • MakuhicoMakuhico Registered Users Posts: 218

Maybe Eldyra is voting for Nurgle again!