Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

[Poll] - Are you more interested in playing Cathay, Daemons of Chaos or Kislev in the third game?

13567

Comments

  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 27,652
    edited April 6

    How the **** are daemons winning

    This forum is for hardcore fans and it's combining 4 races. It's also not DoC it's Chaos as a whole.

    The most popular race is undisputably between Cathay and Kislev.
    Hyped for TWW3.

    CA! Cathay has the most potential of any race in TWW by far. More A+ material to design a race from than any other. You can make Cathay the best race in TWW history. I bolieve in you!
  • CrosswireCrosswire Registered Users Posts: 163
    The vote really should split chaos into its factions. Khorne is going to play a lot different to tzeentch for starters.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 27,652

    Surge_2 said:

    Surge_2 said:

    Crosswire said:

    Of the current revealed ones, Kislev and Nurgle. Not much interest in the rest of Chaos and even less in Cathay - I've already got three kingdoms for fantasy China.

    This is probably what I hate most.

    If this ends up just being 3K vs WH, I'll f'n puke.
    That would suck.

    I want Warhammer fantasy China. Not 3K fantasy China.
    I'm honestly worried thats what it will be, and thinking on it from some of the other threads today, Tau dont fit 40K either, and thats my fear. Cathay wont fit.

    (And I say this as a lover of all battlesuits, mecha, Knights, and Walkers...)
    I think it's too soon to assume that. I'll admit, I like the idea of fantasy China more than I do the scraps of lore GW came up with for Cathay. But I think a lot of new stuff is likely to be invented between CA and GW working on this project, and we just can't predict what that looks like.

    Still, if nothing else I think they'll be at least as over the top and fantastical as The Empire or Bretonnia, and both of them have plenty of fantasy elements. I think it's fair to say Cathay will have more fantasy units than Three Kingdoms does.
    Those scraps should be thrown away as far as I'm concerned. Unless they happen to be good.

    My thing is I'm worried about GW. If it was CA? No issues all good. CA is 9/10 in my book, GW.... 7/10 but they vary wildly between brilliant stuff and awful stuff. It's either really good or really bad.
    Hyped for TWW3.

    CA! Cathay has the most potential of any race in TWW by far. More A+ material to design a race from than any other. You can make Cathay the best race in TWW history. I bolieve in you!
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 13,785

    How the **** are daemons winning

    This forum is for hardcore fans and it's combining 4 races. It's also not DoC it's Chaos as a whole.

    The most popular race is undisputably between Cathay and Kislev.
    its just fourms , post this in reddit and see more data
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 5,922

    How the **** are daemons winning

    This forum is for hardcore fans and it's combining 4 races. It's also not DoC it's Chaos as a whole.

    The most popular race is undisputably between Cathay and Kislev.
    Filthy Casuals.
    Beastmen

  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 13,785
    Surge_2 said:

    How the **** are daemons winning

    This forum is for hardcore fans and it's combining 4 races. It's also not DoC it's Chaos as a whole.

    The most popular race is undisputably between Cathay and Kislev.
    Filthy Casuals.
    with out them there will not be this game period. like them hate them , they are the only reason this game exists
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 27,652
    saweendra said:

    How the **** are daemons winning

    This forum is for hardcore fans and it's combining 4 races. It's also not DoC it's Chaos as a whole.

    The most popular race is undisputably between Cathay and Kislev.
    its just fourms , post this in reddit and see more data
    That's an idea, my Reddit ban (repeated a Greentext word for word in the Greentext sub) ends today.

    Keep it exactly the same you reckon?
    Hyped for TWW3.

    CA! Cathay has the most potential of any race in TWW by far. More A+ material to design a race from than any other. You can make Cathay the best race in TWW history. I bolieve in you!
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 13,785

    saweendra said:

    How the **** are daemons winning

    This forum is for hardcore fans and it's combining 4 races. It's also not DoC it's Chaos as a whole.

    The most popular race is undisputably between Cathay and Kislev.
    its just fourms , post this in reddit and see more data
    That's an idea, my Reddit ban (repeated a Greentext word for word in the Greentext sub) ends today.

    Keep it exactly the same you reckon?
    Yeah pretty much, you can probably post the same as long as op give permission with all of the stuff
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 27,652
    saweendra said:

    saweendra said:

    How the **** are daemons winning

    This forum is for hardcore fans and it's combining 4 races. It's also not DoC it's Chaos as a whole.

    The most popular race is undisputably between Cathay and Kislev.
    its just fourms , post this in reddit and see more data
    That's an idea, my Reddit ban (repeated a Greentext word for word in the Greentext sub) ends today.

    Keep it exactly the same you reckon?
    Yeah pretty much, you can probably post the same as long as op give permission with all of the stuff
    Ohhh yeah. Yeah I'll do that. Exact poll.

    @KuntingWarrior let me know if it's not okay. I'll probably post in 10 hours tonight or tomorrow morning. If anyone else wants to feel free.
    Hyped for TWW3.

    CA! Cathay has the most potential of any race in TWW by far. More A+ material to design a race from than any other. You can make Cathay the best race in TWW history. I bolieve in you!
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 5,922
    saweendra said:

    Surge_2 said:

    How the **** are daemons winning

    This forum is for hardcore fans and it's combining 4 races. It's also not DoC it's Chaos as a whole.

    The most popular race is undisputably between Cathay and Kislev.
    Filthy Casuals.
    with out them there will not be this game period. like them hate them , they are the only reason this game exists
    Its a meme.
    Beastmen

  • SteamlockSteamlock Registered Users Posts: 55
    Surge_2 said:

    Cathay neck and neck with Kislev 29 apiece, this is getting interesting.

    Even though I swore to uphold the law as Sheriff of this town, I cannot deny that my job would be easier with access to certain powers, which only Chaos can provide, fitgh fire with fire.

    If you're the sheriff then I am the lawless cowboy. You'll never take me alive, lawman!
    Mmmm, the FPD would make good use of someone with more... unorthodox methods, would you consider joining the police department as my deputy, in exchange for a pardon?
    When I embarked on this path, I did so knowing my life was already forfeit, I don't do this for the money or the power, it's about sending a message.
    Shame, you could have served a greater purpose, I will let you go this time, as a sign of respect for sticking to your way of life, but make no mistake, next time, I will arrest you, for I AM THE LAW.


    WO SHI FALU!
    I dont know what site you are looking at. You all can go dredge up some reddit fanboys to save Cathay, but we know how it should really be. ;)


    Edgy Demon lads? Are not the DELFS the edgy ones and Chaos more....metal?

    Also, “Fantasy China” but not “Fantasy Poland/Russia/Slovakia”?
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 5,922
    The important part, is Cathay is losing.


    Beastmen

  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 27,652
    Surge_2 said:

    The important part, is Cathay is losing.


    45 to the gods 16 each.
    Hyped for TWW3.

    CA! Cathay has the most potential of any race in TWW by far. More A+ material to design a race from than any other. You can make Cathay the best race in TWW history. I bolieve in you!
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 5,922

    Surge_2 said:

    The important part, is Cathay is losing.


    45 to the gods 16 each.
    Whatever helps you sleep brother. As Chaos SHOULD have been done, its winning. ;)
    Beastmen

  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 10,962
    Eh. The takeaway I'm getting out of this is that they're relatively even. The weakest showing (apart from the "I don't care about any of them" response) is 74% of the strongest showing.

    Given that a common argument in favour of Chaos getting massive amounts of content is that it's supposedly much more popular than anything else, I'd call being ahead by such a small margin for Chaos to be a loss for Chaos. To justify the amount of focus people are demanding for Chaos, it really should have roughly as many votes as Kislev and Cathay combined, rather than being barely ahead of the higher of those two.

    Mind you, the context of the poll does influence the interpretation. Kislev and Cathay might be getting a boost because they're unknowns and that brings about an extra degree of excitement due to the newness factor. While the monogods should get new material, they're much more of a known factor than the other two.
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 5,922
    Draxynnic said:

    Eh. The takeaway I'm getting out of this is that they're relatively even. The weakest showing (apart from the "I don't care about any of them" response) is 74% of the strongest showing.

    Given that a common argument in favour of Chaos getting massive amounts of content is that it's supposedly much more popular than anything else, I'd call being ahead by such a small margin for Chaos to be a loss for Chaos. To justify the amount of focus people are demanding for Chaos, it really should have roughly as many votes as Kislev and Cathay combined, rather than being barely ahead of the higher of those two.

    Mind you, the context of the poll does influence the interpretation. Kislev and Cathay might be getting a boost because they're unknowns and that brings about an extra degree of excitement due to the newness factor. While the monogods should get new material, they're much more of a known factor than the other two.

    lol you serious?
    Beastmen

  • KuntingWarriorKuntingWarrior Registered Users Posts: 2,877

    saweendra said:

    saweendra said:

    How the **** are daemons winning

    This forum is for hardcore fans and it's combining 4 races. It's also not DoC it's Chaos as a whole.

    The most popular race is undisputably between Cathay and Kislev.
    its just fourms , post this in reddit and see more data
    That's an idea, my Reddit ban (repeated a Greentext word for word in the Greentext sub) ends today.

    Keep it exactly the same you reckon?
    Yeah pretty much, you can probably post the same as long as op give permission with all of the stuff
    Ohhh yeah. Yeah I'll do that. Exact poll.

    @KuntingWarrior let me know if it's not okay. I'll probably post in 10 hours tonight or tomorrow morning. If anyone else wants to feel free.
    Sure, go for it.
  • maccabbeemaccabbee Registered Users Posts: 1,107
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 27,652
    Surge_2 said:

    Surge_2 said:

    The important part, is Cathay is losing.


    45 to the gods 16 each.
    Whatever helps you sleep brother. As Chaos SHOULD have been done, its winning. ;)
    What helps me sleep is a memory foam pillow, but each to their own.

    I got super hyped at the thought of undivided, 6e Chaos in all its glory.... Then it got cut into 4.

    It's losing, and pretty handily. To be winning it'd need to at minimum equal the other two combined. Especially given how not casual the forum is.
    Hyped for TWW3.

    CA! Cathay has the most potential of any race in TWW by far. More A+ material to design a race from than any other. You can make Cathay the best race in TWW history. I bolieve in you!
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 5,922

    Surge_2 said:

    Surge_2 said:

    The important part, is Cathay is losing.


    45 to the gods 16 each.
    Whatever helps you sleep brother. As Chaos SHOULD have been done, its winning. ;)
    What helps me sleep is a memory foam pillow, but each to their own.

    I got super hyped at the thought of undivided, 6e Chaos in all its glory.... Then it got cut into 4.

    It's losing, and pretty handily. To be winning it'd need to at minimum equal the other two combined. Especially given how not casual the forum is.
    I think you greatly underestimate how casual this place is. Especially following the announcement.
    Beastmen

  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 10,962
    edited April 6
    Surge_2 said:

    Draxynnic said:

    Eh. The takeaway I'm getting out of this is that they're relatively even. The weakest showing (apart from the "I don't care about any of them" response) is 74% of the strongest showing.

    Given that a common argument in favour of Chaos getting massive amounts of content is that it's supposedly much more popular than anything else, I'd call being ahead by such a small margin for Chaos to be a loss for Chaos. To justify the amount of focus people are demanding for Chaos, it really should have roughly as many votes as Kislev and Cathay combined, rather than being barely ahead of the higher of those two.

    Mind you, the context of the poll does influence the interpretation. Kislev and Cathay might be getting a boost because they're unknowns and that brings about an extra degree of excitement due to the newness factor. While the monogods should get new material, they're much more of a known factor than the other two.

    lol you serious?
    We've had discussions where the broad context was one of whether Chaos should get just 50% of the post-launch content of the game 3 core races or somewhere upwards of 70%. If they can't even make 40% on a poll of which people are more excited for, then... yeah, I'd call that evidence that they should be on the lower end of the range.

    If there's a vote on three options, and they're all reasonably equally split, I'd call that a loss for anyone who's making the claim that one of those options should get more content than the other two combined. Pulling just ahead is not a win if your claim is that your preferred option is vastly more popular than the others.
  • HelhoundHelhound Registered Users Posts: 4,721
    maccabbee said:

    Kislev

    Ah, a man of culture.

    Kislev
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 27,652
    Hyped for TWW3.

    CA! Cathay has the most potential of any race in TWW by far. More A+ material to design a race from than any other. You can make Cathay the best race in TWW history. I bolieve in you!
  • talonntalonn Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 861
    edited April 6
    WIll definitely play Cathay first. Looking forward to meeting Daemons on battlefield.

    Don't really care who's winning the poll. Cathay is still confirmed >:)

    And no. I also don't want 3k assets/reference for my glorious Cathay.
  • Man2008kindMan2008kind Bucharest, RomaniaRegistered Users Posts: 1,636
    Seems like someone needs to update you on the core lineup of game 3. The core races are: Cathay, Kislev, Followers of Khorne, Followers of Nurgle, Followers of Tzeentch and Followers of Slaanesh. NOT: Cathay, Kislev and Daemons of Chaos.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 27,652

    Seems like someone needs to update you on the core lineup of game 3. The core races are: Cathay, Kislev, Followers of Khorne, Followers of Nurgle, Followers of Tzeentch and Followers of Slaanesh. NOT: Cathay, Kislev and Daemons of Chaos.

    Dude, chill. OP is memeing. Don't take it seriously.

    Besides, be happy. This completely justifies giving Cathay and Kislev more LPs than the individual gods. You be winnin homie.
    Hyped for TWW3.

    CA! Cathay has the most potential of any race in TWW by far. More A+ material to design a race from than any other. You can make Cathay the best race in TWW history. I bolieve in you!
  • TimpeyoTimpeyo Registered Users Posts: 1,821
    Kislev I've wanted to see them as a fleshed out race for so long and they look amazing in the trailer, can't wait to play as the ice Queen




  • RamsesIIIRamsesIII Registered Users Posts: 860
    edited April 6
    Draxynnic said:

    Surge_2 said:

    Draxynnic said:

    Eh. The takeaway I'm getting out of this is that they're relatively even. The weakest showing (apart from the "I don't care about any of them" response) is 74% of the strongest showing.

    Given that a common argument in favour of Chaos getting massive amounts of content is that it's supposedly much more popular than anything else, I'd call being ahead by such a small margin for Chaos to be a loss for Chaos. To justify the amount of focus people are demanding for Chaos, it really should have roughly as many votes as Kislev and Cathay combined, rather than being barely ahead of the higher of those two.

    Mind you, the context of the poll does influence the interpretation. Kislev and Cathay might be getting a boost because they're unknowns and that brings about an extra degree of excitement due to the newness factor. While the monogods should get new material, they're much more of a known factor than the other two.

    lol you serious?
    We've had discussions where the broad context was one of whether Chaos should get just 50% of the post-launch content of the game 3 core races or somewhere upwards of 70%. If they can't even make 40% on a poll of which people are more excited for, then... yeah, I'd call that evidence that they should be on the lower end of the range.

    If there's a vote on three options, and they're all reasonably equally split, I'd call that a loss for anyone who's making the claim that one of those options should get more content than the other two combined. Pulling just ahead is not a win if your claim is that your preferred option is vastly more popular than the others.
    This isn't a "what faction do you like" poll though, it's a "which faction interests you most" poll. It's perfectly possible that daemons might appeal to a much wider part of the playerbase without being their favorite, same with the other two, so this is hardly sufficient to draw any big conclusions.

    Plus there's many criteria to follow when justifying a race's content. I could easily argue that any one of the chaos gods's daemons have had a greater influence in the setting's world, a wider area of interaction on the map and more content in the tabletop than Kislev and Cathay combined, so each chaos god should get at least as much content as those two combined in the base game, even more, like twice what they get combined or a bigger amount depending on what argument you want to focus on.

    Of course I don't agree with what I just wrote, in fact I'm quite happy with the way CA is handling the third game so far. This is just the result of focusing on one single aspect to consider when deciding the content distribution, while ignoring others.
  • AWizard_LizardAWizard_Lizard Registered Users Posts: 1,685
    I am interested in playing each and every one of them. Kislev/Cathay because they are basically fresh out of the oven and chaos because it's fing chaos.
    Prettiest of the foot overlords.
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 10,962
    edited April 6
    RamsesIII said:

    Draxynnic said:

    Surge_2 said:

    Draxynnic said:

    Eh. The takeaway I'm getting out of this is that they're relatively even. The weakest showing (apart from the "I don't care about any of them" response) is 74% of the strongest showing.

    Given that a common argument in favour of Chaos getting massive amounts of content is that it's supposedly much more popular than anything else, I'd call being ahead by such a small margin for Chaos to be a loss for Chaos. To justify the amount of focus people are demanding for Chaos, it really should have roughly as many votes as Kislev and Cathay combined, rather than being barely ahead of the higher of those two.

    Mind you, the context of the poll does influence the interpretation. Kislev and Cathay might be getting a boost because they're unknowns and that brings about an extra degree of excitement due to the newness factor. While the monogods should get new material, they're much more of a known factor than the other two.

    lol you serious?
    We've had discussions where the broad context was one of whether Chaos should get just 50% of the post-launch content of the game 3 core races or somewhere upwards of 70%. If they can't even make 40% on a poll of which people are more excited for, then... yeah, I'd call that evidence that they should be on the lower end of the range.

    If there's a vote on three options, and they're all reasonably equally split, I'd call that a loss for anyone who's making the claim that one of those options should get more content than the other two combined. Pulling just ahead is not a win if your claim is that your preferred option is vastly more popular than the others.
    This isn't a "what faction do you like" poll though, it's a "which faction interests you most" poll. It's perfectly possible that daemons might appeal to a much wider part of the playerbase without being their favorite, same with the other two, so this is hardly sufficient to draw any big conclusions.

    Plus there's many criteria to follow when justifying a race's content. I could easily argue that any one of the chaos gods's daemons have had a greater influence in the setting's world, a wider area of interaction on the map and more content in the tabletop than Kislev and Cathay combined, so each chaos god should get at least as much content as those two combined in the base game, even more, like twice what they get combined or a bigger amount depending on what argument you want to focus on.

    Of course I don't agree with what I just wrote, in fact I'm quite happy with the way CA is handling the third game so far. This is just the result of focusing on one single aspect to consider when deciding the content distribution, while ignoring others.
    Eh, I noted that the context of the poll might be influencing things and skewing the results in an earlier post. For a proper analysis, one would probably want to look to the poll that Mightfo referred to on page 2 and then figure out some sort of scoring system. (Maybe just multiply the number of votes by the score for each vote. It'd be crude, but it'd give a rough idea of the ordering.) Of course, this goes for a lot of polls that have been flying around - just paying attention to the recipient's first choice and not assessing the second, third, and so on doesn't even come close to giving you the whole picture.

    The point I was making, though, that for a grouping that a lot of people have been claiming for a long time would be The Most Popular Thing Ever that deserves the overwhelming majority of post-launch support, and where you're comparing four races to two other races considered individually, it's a pretty poor showing that they barely make 40% after excluding the "I don't care about any of them" votes.

    This is still essentially only one data point, but taking in isolation, coming out ahead but only by a little bit really isn't a win for Chaos. They should be at 50% or more after removing the null votes, or at least only a couple of percentage points below.
Sign In or Register to comment.