Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

[Poll] - Are you more interested in playing Cathay, Daemons of Chaos or Kislev in the third game?

Comments

• TheWattmanTheWattman Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 711
    For me its an even split between Kislev and Tzeentch specifically.
  • ArecBalrinArecBalrin Registered Users Posts: 2,539

If the poll ended now, there are some people who will seriously argue 'poll concludes that players prefer GOOD core WH3 races to EVIL ones: 58% to 39%, with 3% being bitter history fans'.

No, they go off the painfully obvious fact that the good ones are always more played/popular for mew and casual players. If you're still trying to argue a good vs evil narrative isn't required for game 3 you appear to be missing the evidence. Is this you pushing the tin foil hat narrative of 'evil' CA dumping Ogres and CDs for the Chinese market?

Russian leak says otherwise and your argument against the Russian leak is swiss cheese. Now shush.
    I'm not 'still' trying to argue that because I have never argued that, which I think you knew when you wrote this post.
  • yukontherunyukontherun Registered Users Posts: 869
    Cathay > Kislev > Ogres > slaanesh for me. Nurgle and khorne zero interest, will probably play a campaign with them only after ending all the others.
    Justice for the scalies!

Basic fixes for blessed spawnings and geomantic web:
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/293369/lizardmen-rework-suggestions/p1?new=1
  • LordTorquemadoLordTorquemado Registered Users Posts: 1,999
    In my case:

Nagash > Khorne > Nippon > Chaos Dwarfs > Slaanesh > Ogre Kingdoms > Kislev > Nurgle > Tzeentch > Cathay
    "You stumble about in darkness. There is no light here, no mercy. Naggarond has claimed the souls of better heroes than you."
  • DulahanDulahan Registered Users Posts: 154
    Cathay and Kislev for me. Full roster, playstyle, and whimsy at the time will ultimately make the difference on which I'll start with. But barring a surprise race it will almost certainly be one of them.
  • Man2008kindMan2008kind Bucharest, RomaniaRegistered Users Posts: 1,637
    edited April 6
    From the confirmed and likely races:
    Cathay>Nippon>Ind>Kislev>Khuresh>DoW>ChaosDwarfs>Nurgle>Slaanesh>Khorne>Ogre Kingdoms>Tzeentch
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 12,028
    edited April 6
    What, we're talking about which order of preference we have?

Ok.

Nurgle > everyone else > Tzeentch

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• Stacks_LeeStacks_Lee Registered Users Posts: 99
  • maccabbeemaccabbee Registered Users Posts: 1,110
    I'll pick the one with hammiest voice acting. Hopefully matching Dawn of War levels of voice acting.
  • korradokortokorradokorto Registered Users Posts: 398
    Demons, but atm ive no interest in game 3.
  • KuntingWarriorKuntingWarrior Registered Users Posts: 2,906

Demons, but atm ive no interest in game 3.

You must be waiting on the dwarf dlc eh?
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 5,923
    Draxynnic said:

Surge_2 said:

Draxynnic said:

Eh. The takeaway I'm getting out of this is that they're relatively even. The weakest showing (apart from the "I don't care about any of them" response) is 74% of the strongest showing.

Given that a common argument in favour of Chaos getting massive amounts of content is that it's supposedly much more popular than anything else, I'd call being ahead by such a small margin for Chaos to be a loss for Chaos. To justify the amount of focus people are demanding for Chaos, it really should have roughly as many votes as Kislev and Cathay combined, rather than being barely ahead of the higher of those two.

Mind you, the context of the poll does influence the interpretation. Kislev and Cathay might be getting a boost because they're unknowns and that brings about an extra degree of excitement due to the newness factor. While the monogods should get new material, they're much more of a known factor than the other two.

lol you serious?
    We've had discussions where the broad context was one of whether Chaos should get just 50% of the post-launch content of the game 3 core races or somewhere upwards of 70%. If they can't even make 40% on a poll of which people are more excited for, then... yeah, I'd call that evidence that they should be on the lower end of the range.

If there's a vote on three options, and they're all reasonably equally split, I'd call that a loss for anyone who's making the claim that one of those options should get more content than the other two combined. Pulling just ahead is not a win if your claim is that your preferred option is vastly more popular than the others.
    Is that the royal we? I don't recall making these arguments.
    Beastmen

• KuntingWarriorKuntingWarrior Registered Users Posts: 2,906
    maccabbee said:

I'll pick the one with hammiest voice acting. Hopefully matching Dawn of War levels of voice acting.

Brother we are teh spess merines! Brother I am pinned here.
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 10,962
    Surge_2 said:

Draxynnic said:

Surge_2 said:

Draxynnic said:

Eh. The takeaway I'm getting out of this is that they're relatively even. The weakest showing (apart from the "I don't care about any of them" response) is 74% of the strongest showing.

Given that a common argument in favour of Chaos getting massive amounts of content is that it's supposedly much more popular than anything else, I'd call being ahead by such a small margin for Chaos to be a loss for Chaos. To justify the amount of focus people are demanding for Chaos, it really should have roughly as many votes as Kislev and Cathay combined, rather than being barely ahead of the higher of those two.

Mind you, the context of the poll does influence the interpretation. Kislev and Cathay might be getting a boost because they're unknowns and that brings about an extra degree of excitement due to the newness factor. While the monogods should get new material, they're much more of a known factor than the other two.

lol you serious?
    We've had discussions where the broad context was one of whether Chaos should get just 50% of the post-launch content of the game 3 core races or somewhere upwards of 70%. If they can't even make 40% on a poll of which people are more excited for, then... yeah, I'd call that evidence that they should be on the lower end of the range.

If there's a vote on three options, and they're all reasonably equally split, I'd call that a loss for anyone who's making the claim that one of those options should get more content than the other two combined. Pulling just ahead is not a win if your claim is that your preferred option is vastly more popular than the others.
    It's the collective "we" of those who were involved in the threads in question, but if you weren't in those particular threads, you can certainly consider yourself excluded from it.
    Draxynnic said:

Surge_2 said:

Draxynnic said:

Surge_2 said:

Draxynnic said:

lol you serious?

It's the collective "we" of those who were involved in the threads in question, but if you weren't in those particular threads, you can certainly consider yourself excluded from it.
    Collective/Royal, same thing to me.

I think this an unfair metric that you and VG are pushing.

Especially when we have people who claim to legitimately put Ind as "likely", well you can't trust that these people know anything about anything.

They started to kick up before the announcement and now it's an infestation.

If Mono Factions are legit, then they will all get the same content attention as Kislev and Cathay.

4 LLs.
    2 LPs.

Which will mean, 16 Chaos LLs, minimum, in game 3.
    Beastmen

• DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 10,962
    Surge_2 said:

Draxynnic said:

Surge_2 said:

Draxynnic said:

Surge_2 said:

Draxynnic said:

lol you serious?

Especially when we have people who claim to legitimately put Ind as "likely", well you can't trust that these people know anything about anything.

If Mono Factions are legit, then they will all get the same content attention as Kislev and Cathay.

4 LLs.
    2 LPs.

Collective involves multiple people, just not necessarily involving the audience. Royal is a fancy way of saying I.

I don't think it's an unfair metric to say that four races combined only just beating out the other two races, each taken individually, isn't really a win.

(Although, for the record, 4LLs and 2LPs is about what I'm thinking for the monogods myself. It's people suggesting that they should get 7+LLs and 4LPs like the Skaven look likely to get just because they're core races that I raise an eyebrow at.)
    I think 7 LLs for any game 3 core is a massive stretch.
    Beastmen

• ArecBalrinArecBalrin Registered Users Posts: 2,539
    Normally I'm against the notion that 'more of something = better', but it's inescapable that a lot of people do see the number of LLs a race gets as a measure of importance, because it's an expectation that CA have set up and fed into.

The moment it was revealed there would be 6 core races in WH3 but only 9 starting LLs divided among them, it was clear that by this measure(however crude); not all core races were being treated with the same importance.

This comes after more than five years of people hoping for a properly fleshed-out Chaos faction(namely the Chaos Warriors) from the very beginning, being told to 'wait for the third game', on top of multiple controversies involving Chaos-aligned races, none of whom are considered to be well-done and complete.

If people are against WH3 being Chaos-focused, where were they and what were they saying for the past five years?

Normally I'm against the notion that 'more of something = better', but it's inescapable that a lot of people do see the number of LLs a race gets as a measure of importance, because it's an expectation that CA have set up and fed into.

The moment it was revealed there would be 6 core races in WH3 but only 9 starting LLs divided among them, it was clear that by this measure(however crude); not all core races were being treated with the same importance.

This comes after more than five years of people hoping for a properly fleshed-out Chaos faction(namely the Chaos Warriors) from the very beginning, being told to 'wait for the third game', on top of multiple controversies involving Chaos-aligned races, none of whom are considered to be well-done and complete.

If people are against WH3 being Chaos-focused, where were they and what were they saying for the past five years?

Most don't care. They think Khrush is just as important as Khorne.

Unfathomably ignorant, but it is what it is.
    Beastmen

• IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 3,942
    There’s an overall lack of respect for Cathay and China when you call them “Fantasy China” specially if you have “Kislev” listed below but not “Fantasy Russia”.

Or lets start calling the Dark Elves “Fantasy North Americans” so we are all ok.

*Justice and CONFEDERATION for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast!
    *Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
    *Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
    *Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!
  • Man2008kindMan2008kind Bucharest, RomaniaRegistered Users Posts: 1,637

There’s an overall lack of respect for Cathay and China when you call them “Fantasy China” specially if you have “Kislev” listed below but not “Fantasy Russia”.

Or lets start calling the Dark Elves “Fantasy North Americans” so we are all ok.

High Elves? Never heard of them. Oh, you mean fantasy British Empire?
    Wood Elves? You mean fantasy Viet-Cong?
    Lizardmen? Fantasy Aztecs.
    Tomb Kings? Fantasy Egypt.
    Greenskins? Fantasy Turks.
    Vampire Counts? Fantasy Romania.
  • RamsesIIIRamsesIII Registered Users Posts: 863

To be fair, Kislev was far more developed and was given a greater chance to become it's own thing than Cathay ever did before Game 3's announcement. Cathay was one level above Nippon's lore, the oldest of the latter contained gems like the fabled Sanyo Kawasaki, wielder of the magic sword Toyota.

Dark Elves are their own thing, even if there's some remaining parallels to what might have been their inspiration. Cathay has a chance to be its own thing, but so far the vast majority of what we know is ported from Chinese mythology and history (sometimes stereotypes and misinformed ideas) or current things the west associate to China. Something similar is true to a lesser extent for Kislev, but they at least got much more content and therefore original content than Cathay did.

People generally don't call Cathay that way as some form of disrespect towards China, but as a consequence of its uninspired beginnings.

Considering people have pushed for elements of 3K, Chinese myth, and Terrocata Soldiers? Monks? Asian Dragons? Etc etc?

Seems Fantasy China is what people have been asking for.

'Cathay' is currently nothing. Kislev, is something.

Fantasy China is actually MORE accurate, than the undefined, Cathay.
    Beastmen

• maccabbeemaccabbee Registered Users Posts: 1,110
    I mean Cathay literally is just fantasy China at the moment because it was created back in a time where GW didnt give a damn about the east to focus on its lore so you also have nippon where half the clans are named after japanese car manufacturers.
    Unless GW really goes in depth with cathay lore we have nothing to talk about them but lol fantasy china.
    At least places like fantasy italy has the dogs of war to differentiate themselves.
  • joproulx99joproulx99 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,148

Even the Chaos Gods could not possibly fix the sensible nature of weaklings that get offended about everything on the internet, they are proven not worthy!

Slavery was a thing in America not that long ago, DE are slavers that live in "not-America", doesnt make today's North Americans related to anything DE.

I'm Canadian and could not possibly give a snotling F about someone calling me Fantasy North American...
    "Fear me mortals, for I am the Anointed, the favored Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall."

~ Archaon, Lord of the End Times
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 27,702
    edited April 6
    Surge_2 said:

Draxynnic said:

Surge_2 said:

Draxynnic said:

Surge_2 said:

Draxynnic said:

lol you serious?

4 LLs.
    2 LPs.

Thing is I actually agree with the 4 LLs 2 LPs if they aren't going to do crossovers from the get go. Something that's particularly unlikely even though it would be best for the game. I view it as simple; Monos should get roughly half the attention that the other two get. Obviously though all should get full core rosters.

This poll is meaningless outside of memeing. I expect the gods to be even less popular when the game releases, and that's fine. However I don't see the justification for them getting as much content as Cathay each if they're 1/3rd as played or less.
    Hyped for TWW3.

CA! Cathay has the most potential of any race in TWW by far. More A+ material to design a race from than any other. You can make Cathay the best race in TWW history. I bolieve in you!

. However I don't see the justification for them getting as much content as Cathay each if they're 1/3rd as played or less.

This is where we part, and is exactly what I am worried about.

A bunch of casuals hurting my chances at finally getting the Chaos updates needed.

Absolutely disgusting.
    Beastmen

Surge_2 said:

. However I don't see the justification for them getting as much content as Cathay each if they're 1/3rd as played or less.

A bunch of casuals hurting my chances at finally getting the Chaos updates needed.

Absolutely disgusting.
    We're still talking about 8 LPs for the 3 Chaos books.... right?

Even in my scenario it's 5 and that's crossovers from day 1.
    Hyped for TWW3.

CA! Cathay has the most potential of any race in TWW by far. More A+ material to design a race from than any other. You can make Cathay the best race in TWW history. I bolieve in you!

Surge_2 said:

Absolutely disgusting.

If Cathay gets more than Chaos, it's wrong. Simple as that.
    Beastmen

Surge_2 said:

Surge_2 said:

Absolutely disgusting.

If Cathay gets more than Chaos, it's wrong. Simple as that.
    I'm pretty awful at maths but last I checked 5 is more than 3, so is 8.
    Hyped for TWW3.