Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

[Poll] - Are you more interested in playing Cathay, Daemons of Chaos or Kislev in the third game?

123457»

Comments

• CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 12,025
    Surge_2 said:

I'd be shocked if any OW content for Cathay is not a 1 to 1, with TW content for Cathay. GW wouldnt be so stupid as to do the design work twice.

Nah, I'm not saying they wouldn't be. I'm just saying that there's a chance that Cathay won't appear in the Old World at all. As in, Cathay is only gonna be playable in Warhammer Total War.

In that case, Cathay is only a thing in TWW, that means it is only made here, and that there are effectively no other sources. Old World is clearly a source for Kislev, as is made obvious by Ice Guard and even the bear cavalry taking inspiration from the concept art, but Cathay hasn't been confirmed there, and if it doesn't appear there then it never had even those materials.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 5,923
    Crossil said:

Surge_2 said:

I'd be shocked if any OW content for Cathay is not a 1 to 1, with TW content for Cathay. GW wouldnt be so stupid as to do the design work twice.

Nah, I'm not saying they wouldn't be. I'm just saying that there's a chance that Cathay won't appear in the Old World at all. As in, Cathay is only gonna be playable in Warhammer Total War.

In that case, Cathay is only a thing in TWW, that means it is only made here, and that there are effectively no other sources. Old World is clearly a source for Kislev, as is made obvious by Ice Guard and even the bear cavalry taking inspiration from the concept art, but Cathay hasn't been confirmed there, and if it doesn't appear there then it never had even those materials.
    I think thats extremely unlikely. Again, GW did the work, its all in CAD now. They will use it.
    Beastmen

• That1dudeThat1dude Registered Users Posts: 372
    I can't believe us honorable Khornates have been lumped in with the likes of the obsessive hedonites and those treacherous sorcerers... the Nurglites are cool though.
    MILK FOR THE KHORNE FLAKES!

• MadDoktaMadDokta Registered Users Posts: 271
    edited April 8
    That1dude said:

I can't believe us honorable Khornates have been lumped in with the likes of the obsessive hedonites and those treacherous sorcerers... the Nurglites are cool though.

JUST AS PLANNED.

*Rubs hands maliciously*

• RonNLRonNL Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 553
    edited April 8
    Guys just be glad with the extra content, it is a good development for the setting since it brings back life in a dead universe. If you don’t like a particular race then just play a different one.

And yeah who knew the gamesindustrie revolves around money...

Regardless I’m all for Cathey and hopefully Nippon one day.