Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Absolutely bizarre game script!

kaihookaihoo Registered Users Posts: 799
I wiped Liu Bei, and in year 197, vassalized him and immediately force annexed them hoping to gain all three legendary brothers in my court. But to my horror, Zhang Fei and Guan Yu are no longer in Liu Bei's court! WTF is going on?!

Why did the game make them leave Liu Bei?? It doesn't make sense at all! I'm so fed up!

Is Guan Yu dead? Liu Bei was only at war with me and I did not execute him so where TF did he go? Did he get himself killed when AI Liu Bei went to take Donglai (Han Empire) or something??? Is this even freaking possible??

Awful game script!

Comments

• 39821739175248623982173917524862 Registered Users Posts: 1,268
    If a character has a faction grudge against you, he can simply not join your court when you annex or abdicate their emperorship. I've had this happen a number of times
  • RewanRewan Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,163
    edited April 7
    You only get the characters deployed on the field (+ any family member) in the annexation process (hence why you should wait till he deploys them before annexing, also disband your armies so he doesn't autodisband and release the characters anyways)

To be frank, if you have Liu Bei you should still have good odds of getting the other brothers (since characters like picking a place of employment where they have friends). If you don't, well better luck next time. You will notice you can still see Guan Yu on the Guanxi charts, Zhang Fei went to Kong Rong, perhaps Guan Yu went to another faction as well.

(And you should check your recruitable pool right now to see if he's not in yours)

Also. No scripting there.
    Post edited by Rewan on

My personal collection of hazardous tests and quickfixes (yes this is a link).
    Wondering why you get some traits on your characters this may give you a vague idea

Balance enthusiast, I like tinkering and messing with stuff and values. Cool heads prevails !
  • RyanLuiRyanLui Registered Users Posts: 196
    Rewan said:

You only get the characters deployed on the field in the annexation process (hence why you should wait till he deploys them before annexing, also disband your armies so he doesn't autodisband and release the characters anyways)

To be frank, if you have Liu Bei you should still have good odds of getting the other brothers (since characters like picking a place of employment where they have friends). If you don't, well better luck next time. You will notice you can still see Guan Yu on the Guanxi charts, Zhang Fei went to Kong Rong, perhaps Guan Yu went to another faction as well.

(And you should check your recruitable pool right now to see if he's not in yours)

Also. No scripting there.

Actually you can get undeployed character too.
  • RewanRewan Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,163
    edited April 7
    Actually you can get undeployed character too.

The ones part of the ruling family, but that's it. Post edited with corrected information tho

My personal collection of hazardous tests and quickfixes (yes this is a link).
    Wondering why you get some traits on your characters this may give you a vague idea

Balance enthusiast, I like tinkering and messing with stuff and values. Cool heads prevails !
  • TheTrueLordAndyTheTrueLordAndy Registered Users Posts: 150
    Was Liu Bei wiped/confederated in this Campaign? it seems like Zhang Fei may have been in Tao Qian's recruitment pool waiting to be hired.

If you confederate a faction the faction leader's family members join you as well as any standing armies. Other court members become free agents and move to other factions recruitment pools. You probably confederated Liu Bei while Guan Yu and Zhang Fei were not deployed.
  • kaihookaihoo Registered Users Posts: 799
    Okay I reloaded the autosave and it seems like both Guan Yu and Zhang Fei are in Liu Bei's faction. But after I vassalized and force annexed them 1 turn later they are gone.

• Vin362Vin362 Registered Users Posts: 813
    As others of have said Guan Yu wasn't deployed when you annexed Liu Bei so he left to find new employment and you lost track of him, also another way to tell Guan Yu hasn't been killed is his portrait/picture would be greyed out.
    Supporter of Shu-Han, Waiting for a Three Kingdoms start date for TW3K
  • Misaka_ComplexMisaka_Complex Registered Users Posts: 3,149
    They only join you either if they are on the field in an army during annexation or if they are family members. You don't get to annex everyone in their faction that's not how the game works at the moment.
  • kaihookaihoo Registered Users Posts: 799
    I reloaded save, vassalized them but did not force annex them. Guan Yu and Zhang Fei are still with Liu Bei but not deployed on the map. It has been a few turns later but Liu Bei is deploying generics instead of his brothers on to the map. I vassalised him leaving him with just 1 province, Donglai. Are they and their retinue now too expensive to be deployed on the map? If so what should I do?
  • Skarsnik_De_EmperorSkarsnik_De_Emperor Registered Users Posts: 1,796
    If you want to win good characters in the game, you need to have patience. For Meng Huo, you ask Zhuge Liang... 7 times. For Zhuge Liang, you ask Liu Bei... 3 times. For Guan Yu, you ask Cao Cao... no, no, just NO! And, they all did not complain scripts :p

Back to your last question, if you think money is a factor, you may try giving them more money to see whether it is so (which I dunno tbh).
  • AwklandAwkland Registered Users Posts: 31
    Money per turn is what the ai looks at when they want to deploy armies