Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Next historical could not be Medieval 3

2»

Comments

• VikingHuscal1066VikingHuscal1066 Registered Users Posts: 2,298
    SiWI said:

you are missing the mark.
    You keep claiming that medieval armor was this or that.
    Any source for that? Nope.

Also, of course, you are acting as if I would have written that before that comment that has the link which doesn't proves what you have been claiming in regards of armor.

Well, I have actually watched quite a lot of documentaries over the years, and I know that while there were things such as brigandine armor, that wasn't exactly the most common of common armor throughout all of the medieval period.

And armor and such, let alone plate armor, was hardly massed produced to such a scale that every soldier and their mother had some.

And again, I don't see either of you pulling out any sources or anything for your claims either.

So yeah. Get off your little high horses over sources.

At least Antiquity as an era has a lot more reasonable things to bring to a TW game than the medieval period.

I mean, when you get to plate armor, that can get a little ridiculous, until you get to guns, which get all the more ridiculous.

I'd rather have some time periods that are more easily balanced and don't have any ridiculous aspects that could be problematic.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,774
    Watch this Video

• VikingHuscal1066VikingHuscal1066 Registered Users Posts: 2,298
    jamreal18 said:

I hope it's just wrong.

Because while I do think that a Medieval 3 could be a fun game and all, I just think that a Total War: Antiquity could offer a lot more in terms of use of mechanics and so on.
  • KaiserofKiotoKaiserofKioto Registered Users Posts: 81

I agree with the OP.

I personally think that while a Medieval 3 could be fun and all, I think that there are just a couple other time periods that could make better use of some of the newer mechanics and such better than the medieval period.

Like the weight class system from Troy for instance.

You could actually use and even expand such a system in a ancient time period more effectively than in the medieval period, where they're really only be light and heavy troops.

Yeah, like we need another **** game with underdeveloped pre historical barbarians bonkin each other in blobs
  • Lotor12Lotor12 Registered Users Posts: 679
    edited July 12
    jamreal18 said:

Instead of medieval trilogy - 3 seperate medieval games, I guess, the chapter formula from 3K would be better

Like the Rise of Samurai campaign in Shogun 2 set in different era and different units

Edit:
    Another point, You can not have Warhammer level diversity in medieval setting,

and "historical accurate like Divide et Impera mod for Rome II", this is what I am afraid in next historical TW game, DEI mod adds "qustionable" and poorly implemted mechanics in to Rome 2, it is very idealized and not objectively critized, because it is free mod + has army of trolls, who fanatically propagate this mód

It's "historicaly accuracy" is, that they took certain unit, for example Eastern Infantry from base game, and made XY regional duplicates of this unit - Persian Infantry, Parthian Infantry, Mesopotanian, Syrian etc. Infantry, which makes hundreds of "new units", and no, it is not "historical accurate"

The DEI is unnessary overcomplicated, follow its formula would lead to the game suired only for hardcore players,
    if somebody from CA read this, please consider this
    Post edited by Lotor12 on
    edited July 12
    Lotor12 said:

jamreal18 said:

Instead of medieval trilogy - 3 seperate medieval games, I guess, the chapter formula from 3K would be better

Like the Rise of Samurai campaign in Shogun 2 set in different era and different units
    I Strongly Agree!
    Chapter Packs fit Medieval 3.
    No need to divide the campaign map.

CA can make High Middle Ages as base game. They can also make Campaign Packs based on this period.

Then the expansion would be Early and Late era. They can also make Campaign Packs for those era.

Do you think CA will allow you to purchase Early and Late Era independently?

Wonder what will they do about Mongols?
    Mongols deserve their own game though.

@jamreal18

I deleted my previous post by mistake 😧

3 seperate medieval games do not sound good for me, I expect, people would complain, that is too much medieval,

I guess , it is better to medieval game with chapters and different units - like the Rise of Samurai for Shogun 2, or Empire Divided for Rome 2

Instead of 3 sepereted medieval games I would suggest Medieval 3 with chapters dlcs and Empire 2

And Mongols? Of course, they should not absent in medieval wargame, I would expand map more to the East to central Asia and Persia
    jamreal18 said:

I deleted my previous post, so I will write again my points...

/I do not think, we can have Warhammer level units diversity in medieval setting

/"Historical accurate like in Divide et Impera mod for Rome 2" , this is, what I am afraid in next historical TW game, DEI mod adds 'questionabble" and poorly implemented mechanics in to the game, it is very idealized and not objectively critized because it is free mod, and has army of trolls who fanatically propagate this mod.
    It is simple unnessary overcomplicated, follow its formula would lead to the game suited only for hardcore players
    If somebody from CA read this, please consider it

Its "historical accuracy" is that they took certain unit from base game , for example Eastern Infantry, and made XY regional duplicates, - Syrian Infantry, Mesopotanian, Partian, Persian etc
    And with this formula , the mod adds hundreds of "new" (pointless) units
    And no, this does not add more "historical accuracy"