Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Snakemen Poll

Wyvax#7456Wyvax#7456 Registered Users Posts: 6,255
This is just a poll to gauge what the interest the community here has in the Snakemen of Khuresh, assuming that it's even possible for GW and CA to create them.

https://strawpoll.com/eu6urajwe

Comments

• TancredIIQuenelles#3970TancredIIQuenelles#3970 Registered Users Posts: 1,346
  • Beef545Beef545 Registered Users Posts: 764
    Absolutely no.
    The age of Men is over. The time of the Troll has come.
  • Wyvax#7456Wyvax#7456 Registered Users Posts: 6,255
    Kind of wishin' that I added a 'No and Cathay was a mistake to begin with' option just to find out how many TT purists we have. :#
  • Labria#2848Labria#2848 Registered Users Posts: 2,234
    edited April 2021
    I don't have big interest to buy Snakemen DLC. I am not big fan of snake theme race.

I think Snakemen race will just waste of resources for CA and GW. After all, Dark Elves and Slaanesh are already races with Snakemen theme.
  • DeadpoolSW#7283DeadpoolSW#7283 Registered Users Posts: 3,151
    It's not exactly my top choice for a race (in fact it's pretty close to the bottom) but I wouldn't say no it at some point down the line.
    Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind, Khuresh & the Hobgoblin Khanate!
  • MonerisMoneris Registered Users Posts: 351
    Yes, but only after Chaos Dwarfs and Ogre Kingdoms and possibly Ind
  • Man2008kind#9439Man2008kind#9439 Bucharest, RomaniaRegistered Users Posts: 1,856
    Wyvax said:

Kind of wishin' that I added a 'No and Cathay was a mistake to begin with' option just to find out how many TT purists we have. :#

You know you can edit the poll, right?

Wyvax said:

You know you can edit the poll, right?
    Yeah, but that's not really important; besides the Cathay ship has sailed anyhow. I'd rather not muck with a poll after it's up anyway.
  • sykall#1105sykall#1105 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,026
    edited April 2021
    It would depend on how these snakemen are implemented. Currently they are low of my priority list. But I take every chance to expand the universe in a meaningful way. And if done right snakpeople could be very cool.
    Filling the white spots - 7 made-up factions to enrich the empty parts of the WFB setting
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/288418/filling-the-white-spots-7-made-up-factions-to-fill-out-the-wfb-setting
  • Lunaticprince#9972Lunaticprince#9972 Registered Users Posts: 6,908
    YES GIVE ME SNAKEBOYS!

• Goatforce#6625Goatforce#6625 Registered Users Posts: 8,466
    Absolutely would be great. Also the area will be getting a lot of lore most likely with OW, even if they don't get a model range their proximity to Cathay almost guarantees that imo.
    Beef545 said:

Absolutely no.

So you want Eonir, a completely pointless High+Wood Elf combo that would add literally nothing to the game, but an actually new and unique race which may be getting a lot of lore and even a GW range eventually is a no? Well, god forbid new and interesting being added instead of elf reskins I guess.
  • davedave1124#4773davedave1124#4773 Senior Member St Helens UKRegistered Users Posts: 22,051
    I can’t see a negative with the world being expanded.
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 14,927
    I think the poll is redundant as the answer is yes for any new race.
    Furthermore, I consider that Daemon Prince must be removed.

Crossil said:

Not if we take to consideration that there's a limit on how many races there can be add. Game won't last for 10 years obviously. How many Races do you think CA will add realitically? Game 2 had so much potential yet they added only 2. LPs are easier to make so why would they bother.

That is why we need to respect potential race slots and not waste them on lore blurbs such as snakemen.
  • davedave1124#4773davedave1124#4773 Senior Member St Helens UKRegistered Users Posts: 22,051
    Beef545 said:

Crossil said:

Not if we take to consideration that there's a limit on how many races there can be add. Game won't last for 10 years obviously. How many Races do you think CA will add realitically? Game 2 had so much potential yet they added only 2. LPs are easier to make so why would they bother.

That is why we need to respect potential race slots and not waste them on lore blurbs such as snakemen.
    What limit? The only limit I’m aware of is it can’t be infinity. CA base their DLC selection in likely sales or even what they’d prefer to do.

This either/or argument is baseless. Cathay did not ‘replace’ DoC, CDs or Ogres, the plan was always there to have them as monos or DLC.
  • Goatforce#6625Goatforce#6625 Registered Users Posts: 8,466
    Beef545 said:

Crossil said:

Or Eonir, or any other elves as those are all lore blurbs.

But we have no idea how long the game will be supported and we will only have a clue as to how many DLC races there will be when we see the full map. If the map includes large portions of Ind, Khuresh and Nippon, then I would assume a fair number of CPs are planned.
    Goatforce said:

Absolutely would be great. Also the area will be getting a lot of lore most likely with OW, even if they don't get a model range their proximity to Cathay almost guarantees that imo.

Beef545 said:

Absolutely no.

So you want Eonir, a completely pointless High+Wood Elf combo that would add literally nothing to the game, but an actually new and unique race which may be getting a lot of lore and even a GW range eventually is a no? Well, god forbid new and interesting being added instead of elf reskins I guess.
    Both Eonir and Sea Elves have immeasurable potential, CA could flesh them out if they wanted to. It is very likely considering Elves are loved by community and sell like hot cake

According to steam page. T&T, W&P are best selling DLCs of game 2, not counting race packs. That's because they are elven content
    Wood Elves are absolutely the best selling game 1 DLC.

Coincidence? I hardly think so.
  • Lunaticprince#9972Lunaticprince#9972 Registered Users Posts: 6,908
    Beef545 said:

Goatforce said:

Beef545 said:

Absolutely no.

Both Eonir and Sea Elves have immeasurable potential, CA could flesh them out if they wanted to. It is very likely considering Elves are loved by community and sell like hot cake

According to steam page. T&T, W&P are best selling DLCs of game 2, not counting race packs. That's because they are elven content

Grom carry W&P, with his massive belly.

• Seswatha#7633Seswatha#7633 Registered Users Posts: 4,828
    edited April 2021
    Well, priority wise imo:

Chaos Dwarfs = Ogres (must have) > Hobgoblins, Legion of Nagash, DoW (nice to have) > Nippon, Ind, Khuresh (would be a unique addition if developed but less important than the above and need a lot more work to make into a proper race).

P.S. Sea Elves and Eornir are not races, they are a meme.

Beef545 said:

Goatforce said:

Beef545 said:

Absolutely no.

Sea Elves similar to the Idoneth Deepkin do have potential I believe, but their specific origin story is post destruction of the Warhammer world, while the "Sea Elves" of past editions were literally just the colonies and outer kingdoms of Ulthuan, such as Yvresse and Cothique. Eonir are as worth devoting a whole race to as dividing the provinces of the Empire up into their own races are: not at all.

I'm for expanding the corners of the Warhammer world left murky by GW, inserting whole new races in the middle of the Old World? Absolutely not.
    Beef545 said:

Goatforce said:

Beef545 said:

Absolutely no.

No.

Well, priority wise imo:

Chaos Dwarfs = Ogres (must have) > Hobgoblins, Legion of Nagash (nice to have) > Nippon, Ind, Khuresh (would be a unique addition if developed but less important than the above and need a lot more work to make into a proper race).

100% agree with this. No one's advocating for footnotes to get fleshed out before established races, just for the world to get completed.
    edited April 2021
    Beef545 said:

Goatforce said:

Beef545 said:

Absolutely no.

This is straight up lies, as usual, steam top sellers takes into account recent sales, so warhammer DLCs are sorted more or less in chronological order. Rome remastered is #1 under "Total War" atm, because it's a recent release, not because it sold more copies than WH2: https://store.steampowered.com/search/?term=Total+War&filter=topsellers

• DeadpoolSW#7283DeadpoolSW#7283 Registered Users Posts: 3,151

Well, priority wise imo:

Chaos Dwarfs = Ogres (must have) > Hobgoblins, Legion of Nagash (nice to have) > Nippon, Ind, Khuresh (would be a unique addition if developed but less important than the above and need a lot more work to make into a proper race).

I'd say:

Chaos Dwarfs = Ogres (must have) > Hobgoblins, Legion of Nagash, Dogs of War (nice to have) > Nippon, Ind, Khuresh (would be a unique addition if developed but less important than the above and need a lot more work to make into a proper race) < Araby, Halflings, Albion, Amazons (highly unlikely but I really ****ing want them).
    Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind, Khuresh & the Hobgoblin Khanate!
    edited April 2021

Well, priority wise imo:

I'd say:

Chaos Dwarfs = Ogres (must have) > Hobgoblins, Legion of Nagash, Dogs of War (nice to have) > Nippon, Ind, Khuresh (would be a unique addition if developed but less important than the above and need a lot more work to make into a proper race) < Araby, Halflings, Albion, Amazons (highly unlikely but I really ****ing want them).
    Oh, yes, for some reason forgot DoW, 100% agreee. I don't see the 4th group ever coming but yes.

I don’t think ‘importance’ is any sort of measure. To the people who see Cathay as their favourite race the term importance will be pretty meaningless.
  • Labria#2848Labria#2848 Registered Users Posts: 2,234
    Beef545 said:

Crossil said:

I agree. CA do not have unlimited resources and time. I think many minor races like Snakemen will have same fate like Albion and Araby.

Chaos Dwarfs, Ogre Kingdoms and Dogs of War with own army books are obvious priority for DLC races. Also, If CA and GW want more races on Far East. They can still add Nippon and Ind. I can imagine both races will be more popular than Snakemen.

Even if CA will release 3 DLC per year. They will wait many years for complete unit roster for all races. I really do not expect CA will add every random unit or race with own page on wiki.
  • xBlood_Raven#5120xBlood_Raven#5120 Registered Users Posts: 982
    Definite yes as every new race adds to the setting and gameplay. A possible Khmer Empire with every Southeast Asia country included would be great for themes. The Naga and Snakemen could look into the theme of 'Evil Lizardmen' as well.

As said, we have some races to include first like Chaos Dwarfs, Ogre Kingdoms, Dogs of War/Southern Realms and maybe Hobgoblin Khanate (really want them but need Chaos Dwarfs first for this) but Khuresh would be really good someday down the line.
    edited April 2021
    I still have hopes for some of the more obscure races with little geo political presence like Amazons or Halflings to show up as mercs either in DoW or maybe as some sort of a merc mechanic. If nagas don't make it as a full race it still would be nice to see some of them in a similar fashion.

• AxiosXiphos#9040AxiosXiphos#9040 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,698
    There's a lot of races I'd take before them - but sure why not? It's a potentially big part of Immortal Empires Map.

Still crazy we aren't getting Araby... just too hot topic I guess.