Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Snakemen Poll

2»

Comments

• Goatforce#6625Goatforce#6625 Registered Users Posts: 8,466
    Beef545 said:

Goatforce said:

Absolutely would be great. Also the area will be getting a lot of lore most likely with OW, even if they don't get a model range their proximity to Cathay almost guarantees that imo.

Beef545 said:

Absolutely no.

So you want Eonir, a completely pointless High+Wood Elf combo that would add literally nothing to the game, but an actually new and unique race which may be getting a lot of lore and even a GW range eventually is a no? Well, god forbid new and interesting being added instead of elf reskins I guess.
    Both Eonir and Sea Elves have immeasurable potential, CA could flesh them out if they wanted to. It is very likely considering Elves are loved by community and sell like hot cake

According to steam page. T&T, W&P are best selling DLCs of game 2, not counting race packs. That's because they are elven content
    Wood Elves are absolutely the best selling game 1 DLC.

Coincidence? I hardly think so.
    Hahahaha, wow, so Nagas, something completely new is a no, but elf reskins have "immessurable potential".... yeah ok Veresh.

You seem to have forgotten the only "all elf" content, Q&C.... what about that? Could it be the 2 most recent LPs are the highest quality LPs and had the best reworks attached?

As to the WEs, they were the best DLC of game 1, and came with pretty much complete unit rosters (by game 1 standards), which was probably the major factor. But you can just make up nonsense about how it was elves if you want, in which case I direct you back to Q&C, which by your "elf is the reason" logic should be the bestseller as it features 2 elf races even with the LPs quality.

This is beside the point anyway, as those are all major armybook races. Another elf race, especially one that is lorewise pretty much just HE and WE, is hardly a guarantee win as it will have no armybook loyalty and brings nothing new to the table. Nagas, whilst they have no armybook either (though a few very old models), bring something new to the table, and will likely have more lore to go on after OW launches, maybe even a new model line.
  • Wyvax#7456Wyvax#7456 Registered Users Posts: 6,255
    Created a thread on this topic on r/totalwar. Hopefully an even larger sample size will be more indicative to what the average player base wants.
  • JToegiTheSnotling#6624JToegiTheSnotling#6624 Registered Users Posts: 2,403
    Beef545 said:

Goatforce said:

Absolutely would be great. Also the area will be getting a lot of lore most likely with OW, even if they don't get a model range their proximity to Cathay almost guarantees that imo.

Beef545 said:

Absolutely no.

So you want Eonir, a completely pointless High+Wood Elf combo that would add literally nothing to the game, but an actually new and unique race which may be getting a lot of lore and even a GW range eventually is a no? Well, god forbid new and interesting being added instead of elf reskins I guess.
    Both Eonir and Sea Elves have immeasurable potential, CA could flesh them out if they wanted to. It is very likely considering Elves are loved by community and sell like hot cake

According to steam page. T&T, W&P are best selling DLCs of game 2, not counting race packs. That's because they are elven content
    Wood Elves are absolutely the best selling game 1 DLC.

Coincidence? I hardly think so.
    I think Sea Elves work make a really cool mod. Eonir on the other hand is honestly the lamest potential race I've seen so far. Just no. I don't think anyone wants them except hard core elf fans.
  • MonerisMoneris Registered Users Posts: 351
    Say they did add Ind and Nippon in addition to Cathay.

That is 3 "good" races crammed within a small area, they need an enemy. Khuresh could genuinely be the ideal villain to challenge the surrounding human nations.

Otherwise that corner of the map will be dominated by Cathay and nothing else. Sure you have Ogres to the west and Chaos to the North, but the South would have nothing.
  • ForumaccountkroqgarForumaccountkroqgar Registered Users Posts: 869
    I wouldn't mind a sub lizardmen race expansion with an old ones society centered around snakemen instead of saurus, but if they go the route of "they are just beastmen in a different form" zero interest.
    Justice for the scalies!

Basic fixes for blessed spawnings and geomantic web:
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/293369/lizardmen-rework-suggestions/p1?new=1
  • LordSolarMach#5538LordSolarMach#5538 Registered Users Posts: 2,302
    Voted yes. I imagine them looking a lot like the Sslyth Bodyguard model from the WH40k Drukhari range, just with the sci-fi stuff removed and replaced with more Khmer trappings.

I think they are more likely to be actualised as a couple units folded into Slaanesh, however.

Voted yes. I imagine them looking a lot like the Sslyth Bodyguard model from the WH40k Drukhari range, just with the sci-fi stuff removed and replaced with more Khmer trappings.

I think they are more likely to be actualised as a couple units folded into Slaanesh, however.

I could see a few Khuresh units in Slaanesh, would likely go well with Dechala too for a snake themed pack.

Though I do wonder if CA would consider doing smaller RPs (like Norsca) in game 3, in which case Khuresh would be awesome as a little 2 LL race addition.
    If Eonir do come, it should be in the form of a FLC.

They can add Queen Marrisith as Legendary Lord

Give them a Hybrid High elf, Wood Elf roster, but more focused on infantry rather than spirits, since they have a weaker connection to them.

Have some Mechanic centered around the Old Ones and magic.

But they don't have anything unique enough for them to be a separate race.

Moneris said:

Give them a Hybrid High elf, Wood Elf roster, but more focused on infantry rather than spirits, since they have a weaker connection to them.

More likely they will just put the Araloth FLC we will likely get eventually there.
    Moneris said:

Say they did add Ind and Nippon in addition to Cathay.

That is 3 "good" races crammed within a small area, they need an enemy. Khuresh could genuinely be the ideal villain to challenge the surrounding human nations.

Otherwise that corner of the map will be dominated by Cathay and nothing else. Sure you have Ogres to the west and Chaos to the North, but the South would have nothing.

Precisely this. Three human races with pressure coming only from the west and north would quickly form an Oriental ordertide of their own with no enemies from the south to pressure and divide them. Plus it'd be really boring.
  • JToegiTheSnotling#6624JToegiTheSnotling#6624 Registered Users Posts: 2,403
    Moneris said:

Yeah I agree. It seems like the more I read about them the more Eonir feels uninteresting to me. Kurgans are an flc tier race too, but honestly even them sound more fun. XD
  • EmeraldThanatos#7267EmeraldThanatos#7267 Registered Users Posts: 2,927
    I don't see them having priority over Ogres, CD or even Hobgoblins, but much like the Vampire Coast I think they'd make for a cool faction and I hope CA does something with them later down the line. Personally I'd be happy if they combined Ind and Kuresh into one faction, as that saves time and resources, but still adds new stuff. A faction of Tigermen and Snakemen would be cool.
    Ranking of all Total War games I've played:
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Attila
    3. Warhammer (1, 2 & 3)
    4. Medieval 2
    5. Shogun 2
    6. Thrones
    7. Rome 2
    8. Napoleon
    9. Empire

• Maedrethnir#1968Maedrethnir#1968 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 17,369
    Yesss, let'ss sslither away from the Old Oness waysss.
  • Bonutz#3949Bonutz#3949 Registered Users Posts: 5,763
    Sure, why not?

the more, the merrier.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I’m all out of bubblegum.
    At the time of typing this, there have been 190 votes cast so far, with a combined 80% favorable and 20% disfavorable. Of that, 64.74% are personally interested. We'll see where it goes with another day.
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 14,927
    edited April 2021

P.S. Sea Elves and Eornir are not races, they are a meme.

I mean, Eonir are as they aren't really that special and, really, just another group of Wood Elves, just not directly connected to Athel Loren... and really have nothing to draw upon to make them unique, really.

Sea Elves are... more like a... theoretical extrapolation from how GW operates and the overall design, rather than a pure fan theory. A sort of Aboriginal/Maori faction makes some possible sense if GW ever wanted to do something of the sort, and the fact High Elves are a sort of a stand in for the British, and the fact they populate the Isles of Elithis which is Australia stand in, the sensible extrapolation is a new elf race to represent that. And the concept of Sea Elves kinda connects to that.

But, yeah, it's not something in the lore but rather something that makes sense design wise. It would be strange as they haven't really existed but it's something I would imagine GW doing if they ever went the Far East route.
    Furthermore, I consider that Daemon Prince must be removed.
    The isles of Elithis will probably be used to add the High Elf faction to the game three map.
  • Seswatha#7633Seswatha#7633 Registered Users Posts: 4,828
    edited April 2021
    Crossil said:

I mean, Eonir are as they aren't really that special and, really, just another group of Wood Elves, just not directly connected to Athel Loren... and really have nothing to draw upon to make them unique, really.

Sea Elves are... more like a... theoretical extrapolation from how GW operates and the overall design, rather than a pure fan theory. A sort of Aboriginal/Maori faction makes some possible sense if GW ever wanted to do something of the sort, and the fact High Elves are a sort of a stand in for the British, and the fact they populate the Isles of Elithis which is Australia stand in, the sensible extrapolation is a new elf race to represent that. And the concept of Sea Elves kinda connects to that.

But, yeah, it's not something in the lore but rather something that makes sense design wise. It would be strange as they haven't really existed but it's something I would imagine GW doing if they ever went the Far East route.
    There's no indication that their culture or military is any different from the HE. If they became independent and went on their own merry way like British colonies eventually did sure they would become different in time. But no such thing happened (Tor Elithis and the Tower of the Rising Sun are described as High Elf colonies). And even if you look for every bit of obscure lore there is there's simply not enough to make them different. Sure, they could be invented from scratch but in all honestly I don't see what they could bring to the table compared to the other options we have.

"Sea Elves are those High Elves of Ulthuan who have taken to trading with the various ports of the Old World and beyond." That about sums it up.

They are no more a separate race of Elves than Cathayan Skaven are a separate race of Skaven.

• CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 14,927
    edited April 2021

Crossil said:

There's no indication that their culture or military is any different from the HE. If they became independent and went on their own merry way like British colonies eventually did sure they would become different in time. But no such thing happened (Tor Elithis and the Tower of the Rising Sun are described as High Elf colonies). And even if you look for every bit of obscure lore there is there's simply not enough to make them different. Sure, they could be invented from scratch but in all honestly I don't see what they could bring to the table compared to the other options we have.

"Sea Elves are those High Elves of Ulthuan who have taken to trading with the various ports of the Old World and beyond." That about sums it up.

They are no more a separate race of Elves than Cathayan Skaven are a separate race of Skaven.
    In short: doesn't matter.

The basic principle is in line with what GW would do.

The argument revolving about what there is doesn't apply in such a case.
    Furthermore, I consider that Daemon Prince must be removed.
  • Seswatha#7633Seswatha#7633 Registered Users Posts: 4,828
    edited April 2021
    Crossil said:

Crossil said:

In short: doesn't matter.

The basic principle is in line with what GW would do.

The argument revolving about what there is doesn't apply in such a case.
    Maybe yes, maybe no. There's plenty of better developed and more original Far East factions GW could do instead and you don't want too many armies in a TT game. The colonies themselves are more of an excuse for HE to be on the other side of the world than a placeholder for another faction imo.

• AxiosXiphos#9040AxiosXiphos#9040 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,698
    Moneris said:

The isles of Elithis will probably be used to add the High Elf faction to the game three map.

They managed to fit wood elves and Brettonia on the vortex map in a pretty convincing fashion - I think we will see every single game 1 and game 2 race represented on the game 3 map somewhere.

Interestingly... does this mean we might see another Vampire Coast faction? If only a minor one.
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 38,042
    Yes please! I love SEA culture and mythology so having the Naga as a fantasy Khmer empire would be amazing.
    Summon the Elector Counts!
    Okay, so after nearly 24 hours of being up, the poll currently sits with 247 voters, of which 67.74% (16) actively like the idea of there inclusion, with 14.52% (36) aren't interested but think they'd be a worth while addition. This brings the total positivity rating of a hypothetical Snakemen of Khuresh DLC up to a combined 82.26%. Obviously a sample size of 250 voters isn't going to be exactly proportionate of the overall player base, but it's a pretty dang good indication that such a DLC is liable to sell well.
    Wyvax said:

Okay, so after nearly 24 hours of being up, the poll currently sits with 247 voters, of which 67.74% (16) actively like the idea of there inclusion, with 14.52% (36) aren't interested but think they'd be a worth while addition. This brings the total positivity rating of a hypothetical Snakemen of Khuresh DLC up to a combined 82.26%. Obviously a sample size of 250 voters isn't going to be exactly proportionate of the overall player base, but it's a pretty dang good indication that such a DLC is liable to sell well.

Also consider most of the playerbase aren't invested in WH lore, and would probably buy anything that looked cool or different.

Khuresh would look rather cool and different... It just needs some lore, like info on what else is in the Hinterlands to build a roster... But I think Ind and Nippon would likely come before it.

Cannot wait to see what the game 3 map is so we have an idea what we can expect from the games future
  • Makuhico#8254Makuhico#8254 Registered Users Posts: 412
    Moneris said:

Its said that if you name in this forum the memeraces to much, you will bring the wrath of Karl Franz into you!
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 38,042
    Makuhico said:

Moneris said:

Its said that if you name in this forum the memeraces to much, you will bring the wrath of Karl Franz into you!
    This is pure gold!
    Summon the Elector Counts!
  • Chris_RuChris_Ru Registered Users Posts: 22
    Yes! It could be one of the most mysterious and interesting factions. By analogy with the vampire pirates and Norsk, creating a faction is not a problem. I really hope that they will add nagas. The game would have become full-fledged for sure)