Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

If Batman was dropped into the Warhammer World could he find a way to subdue Chaos?

KuntingWarriorKuntingWarrior Registered Users Posts: 2,806
edited April 12 in Off Topic General
The most logical scenario I can think of would be for Batman to secretly plot and bring down Karl Franz in order for himself to become Emperor of Man and install an Empire wide Police State where he controls all media, propaganda and essentially brainwashes the population into being so scared of repercussions of degenerate or malicious acts that Chaos ceases to have a hold on them.

You know for a fact Batman would be able to find and expunge all of the hidden Chaos cults around the Empire and given the fact The Empire have just about hit the Industrial revolution, I have a feeling it wouldn't be too long before Batman has drones and legions of bat bombers circling the sky's on patrol, among other advanced inventions.

Would SIgmar embrace him as a son?

Who knows maybe he would fall to Chaos himself and make the place worse.
Post edited by BillyRuffian on

Comments

• damon40000damon40000 Registered Users Posts: 688
    that would be one nasty vcounts cosplayer for witch hunters to dispose of

BsFG dwarf
  • LordTorquemadoLordTorquemado Registered Users Posts: 1,999
    Hahahahahah Batman lost against a human with no powers like The Joker.
    What makes you think that he would be able to defeat characters from this world, with the same ability (or more) to play with minds but also magic powers like Morathi?
    "You stumble about in darkness. There is no light here, no mercy. Naggarond has claimed the souls of better heroes than you."
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 12,665
    no , he doesn't get his most powerful super power money in wh world
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • KuntingWarriorKuntingWarrior Registered Users Posts: 2,806

that would be one nasty vcounts cosplayer for witch hunters to dispose of

Vampirebat-Man would be too OP
  • mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 3,048
    Without access to any of his gadgets or technologies, Batman is just a traumatised boy with a bat suit, had it's not like he can plan in advance for something like Tzeentch, and you can only get so far punching Deamons.
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 5,579
  • RamsesIIIRamsesIII Registered Users Posts: 766
    I don't think most versions of Batman would overthrow Karl Franz. Batman has faced countless threads in the comics, from more grounded mass murderers to multiversal threats some of which could make even 40k chaos gods seem tame in comparison. I don't think he chooses to become mayor of Gotham or the president of the US because of that, save for maybe one or two times I might not be aware of. I also think Batman is too hesitant to show the cruelty necessary to deal with the people who have been seduced by chaos, considering he won't even kill the Joker, he's a deeply compassionate individual in most of his iterations so this would likely have to be a parallel version, like Owlman.

Logically speaking, Batman wouldn't succeed considering he would be lacking most of his technology, and the best ways to completely erase chaos' hold on the world involve stuff like mass brainwash or killing the entire world, which are stuff most versions of his character wouldn't do. But I'm sure some writer could still find a way to make it happen.

He's at least got the absurd levels of willpower necessary to resist the chaos gods.
  • TheMadTypistTheMadTypist Registered Users Posts: 286
    Batman’s obsession makes him vulnerable to slannesh, though. Driven to fight crime and punish the guilty at the expense of any identity beyond Batman, to the point that Wayne is the mask, is a sign of a compulsion that chaos could hook into, take advantage of.

Basically Konrad Kurze but without power armor.
  • WaaaghCheifWaaaghCheif Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,073
    Hes already in the game.

• CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Registered Users Posts: 5,208
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 31,775

The most logical scenario I can think of would be for Batman to secretly plot and bring down Karl Franz in order for himself to become Emperor of Man and install an Empire wide Police State where he controls all media, propaganda and essentially brainwashes the population into being so scared of repercussions of degenerate or malicious acts that Chaos ceases to have a hold on them.

The only Batman who'd go for this would be Millerbats who I don't consider to be representative of Batman at all.

So no.

At most he'd just follow in Dietrich Kastner's footsteps and become Archaon II.

• mewade44mewade44 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,215
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,317
    No, he’s not a Transformer.
    Interested in Sea Elves? Did you just call me a simpleton?

Thanks for the answers laddington's my curiosity has been satiated.

Thankyou for never loosing hope in Optimus and the boys. Free davadave from prison!
  • MasariusMasarius Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,113
    edited April 12

Without access to any of his gadgets or technologies, Batman is just a traumatised boy with a bat suit, had it's not like he can plan in advance for something like Tzeentch, and you can only get so far punching Deamons.

ah yes, a traumatized boy with a huge knowledge about science and technology.

Usually only Lex Luthor is considered smarter, all things considered. (on earth)

And batman is actually failry acquainted with magic and such.

And for the people of culture: we know the mind of batman is not a nice place.
    Till shade is gone,
    till water is gone,
    into the Shadow with the teeth bared,
    screaming defiance with the last breath,
    to spit into Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day
  • GoldfishLordGoldfishLord Registered Users Posts: 270
    edited April 12
    I think that without his tech, he'd be about as impactful and capable as Deathmaster Sknitch

Don't get me wrong, I love Batman. I have 100% of the achievements for the Batman games (except Origins, stupid multiplayer), but he's very, very tech reliant.

He'd have some awesome sync kills on stuff like Crypt Horrors and Kroxigors though hahaha
    That’s something to ponder, without plot armour who would win between those 2..

• NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 4,880

Go back to the transformer forums, an utter pit of depravity. The power of decent forums every where compels you.

That said, no. Batman has failed in his own universe to ever stop his own version of hell and other hell like diminsions from spilling forth and killing constantly. And often has to go out and rely on magical allies to deal with this. Be it teaming up with Zatana, Dr. Fate, or any other number of magical individuals.

That’s something to ponder, without plot armour who would win between those 2..

Probably Deathmaster if Batman doesn't have his sensory gadgets and such, unless he can get his hands on some artefact to even the odds.
    Nyxilis said:

Go back to the transformer forums, an utter pit of depravity. The power of decent forums every where compels you.

That said, no. Batman has failed in his own universe to ever stop his own version of hell and other hell like diminsions from spilling forth and killing constantly. And often has to go out and rely on magical allies to deal with this. Be it teaming up with Zatana, Dr. Fate, or any other number of magical individuals.
    You insolent organics!

-Galvatron

• makar55makar55 Registered Users Posts: 2,560
    He won Superman, he'll win Sigmar.
    edited April 12
    makar55 said:

Because Supermen held back. That's even canon as of TDK: The Master Race. Sigmar will just bash his head in and that's that.
    Post edited by ShiroAmakusa75 on

• PoorManatee6197PoorManatee6197 Registered Users Posts: 1,378
    Batman's not killig rule would be his doom.
    #MakeDwarfsGreatAgain Josef Bugman, Thorek Ironbrow, Alrik Ranulfsson, Grimm Burloksson, Kazador Thunderhorn, Byrrnoth Grundadrakk, Malakai Makaisson, Gotrek Gurnisson, Garagrim, Dragon slayer, Deamon slayer, Doomseekers, Brotherhood of Grimnir, Giant slayers, Thunderbarge, Shieldbearer mount, Master brewer, Goblin Hewer, Norse dwarf war mammoth, Tractator engine, Rune golem, Shard dragon, proper Anvil of Doom, Ulther's dragon company, Lond Drong's slayer pirates, Everguard, Karak Varn, Karag Agrilwutraz, Silver Pinacle, Karag Dum, Karak Vlag, Kraka Dorden, Kraka Ornsmotek, Kraka Ravnsvake, Karak Vrag, Karak Azorn, Karak Krakaten.

All those missing things are grudges in the great book, is in your hand to settle them, CA. Khazukan kazakit-ha!

It only covers humans.

• SaurianDruidSaurianDruid Registered Users Posts: 1,313

You know for a fact Batman would be able to find and expunge all of the hidden Chaos cults around the Empire and given the fact The Empire have just about hit the Industrial revolution, I have a feeling it wouldn't be too long before Batman has drones and legions of bat bombers circling the sky's on patrol, among other advanced inventions.

You've basically just described the Imperium of Man from 40K and uh... No. That path does nothing but empower Chaos by making everyone's lives so miserable they'll seek out anything for some kind of release no matter how sketchy it seems.

Also. Batman is just one man. He can't patrol an entire country all by his lonesome. He can barely patrol a single city like Gotham. I also don't see him being able to jump from steam engines to computer chips and circuitry to create an army of bat-drones either, and even if he could the closer we get to 40K tech the closer we get to daemons finding new metal bodies to play in.
  • MonerisMoneris Registered Users Posts: 141
    All Batman needs to do is Join the Engineering College remember how a Bolt Action Rifles work, and develop cartridges. That alone will safeguard humanity for generations to come.
  • PoorManatee6197PoorManatee6197 Registered Users Posts: 1,378

It only covers humans.
    Humans and humanoids, in the DC universe batman doesnt kill aliens neither and so in warhammer he wouldnt kill orcs, beastmen etc etc.
    #MakeDwarfsGreatAgain Josef Bugman, Thorek Ironbrow, Alrik Ranulfsson, Grimm Burloksson, Kazador Thunderhorn, Byrrnoth Grundadrakk, Malakai Makaisson, Gotrek Gurnisson, Garagrim, Dragon slayer, Deamon slayer, Doomseekers, Brotherhood of Grimnir, Giant slayers, Thunderbarge, Shieldbearer mount, Master brewer, Goblin Hewer, Norse dwarf war mammoth, Tractator engine, Rune golem, Shard dragon, proper Anvil of Doom, Ulther's dragon company, Lond Drong's slayer pirates, Everguard, Karak Varn, Karag Agrilwutraz, Silver Pinacle, Karag Dum, Karak Vlag, Kraka Dorden, Kraka Ornsmotek, Kraka Ravnsvake, Karak Vrag, Karak Azorn, Karak Krakaten.

All those missing things are grudges in the great book, is in your hand to settle them, CA. Khazukan kazakit-ha!
    makar55 said:

Wew lad, never said Batman could take the God King Sigmar.