Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War Forum FAQ

CA_JamesCA_James Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Community Team Posts: 454

Where are the Official Forum rules?

You can find the rules here.

What happens if I break the rules?

If you break the rules one of a few things will happen depending on the rule you broke, and the severity of the offense:
• You may receive a message reminding you of the rules with no further action taken.
• You may receive a more formal warning.
• You may receive a 2 or 3 point warning.

What are points?

Points are how we keep track of rulebreakers, points may be given to you if you break any of the rules, and the amount may be adjusted depending on the severity of the offense.

The effects of these points take place when a user reaches a certain number of points. Those effects can be found below:
• 0-2 points – no effect
• 3-4 points – The user will be jailed
• 5 points – 1 week ban
• 6 points – 2 week ban

What does being jailed mean?

being jailed lasts for 1 week and has 3 effects:
1. You will no longer be able to post discussions
2. You will only be able to comment once every 2.5 minutes
3. Your signature will be hidden

Who can I contact if I have a problem?

Any of our moderation team will be able to help. They are as follows:
BillyRuffian
Dge1
Canuovea

How do I report rulebreakers?

1. Click the “flag” button beneath the post/comment you believe to be breaking the rules.
2. Click the report button.
3. Provide a reason for reporting that post/comment
4. Send the report

I feel like I was unfairly punished, what can I do?

All of our moderators decisions are final, but they are always open to conversation and will gladly explain in greater detail why they took the action they did.

I disagree with another user. What should I do?

Below each post you will find both an “agree” and a “disagree” button. Please use these to show your opinion and do not use the report button for this as it could cause you to accrue points.

Is a ban permanent?

Generally no, but there may be circumstances where a ban will be permanent e.g. racism, or sexually explicit content.

Comments

• TheGreatPamphletTheGreatPamphlet Registered Users Posts: 1,000
    Finally, I kept getting flagged, because people didn't appreciate my speculations about the future DLCs of each title. My only disagreement is that the ToS does not include a paragraph about insulting others. Some users, like Vanilla Gorilla, often go on a rampage of name-calling and offensive orders, which, I believe, undermines the community's spirit.

Anyway, if you also fixed the "hot/new" order of the threads, I will be so happy, I might pre-order Rome Remastered!:ρ
    Nestor.

Allah, Suriya, Bashar w Bas!

• BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 39,370

Finally, I kept getting flagged, because people didn't appreciate my speculations about the future DLCs of each title. My only disagreement is that the ToS does not include a paragraph about insulting others. Some users, like Vanilla Gorilla, often go on a rampage of name-calling and offensive orders, which, I believe, undermines the community's spirit.

Anyway, if you also fixed the "hot/new" order of the threads, I will be so happy, I might pre-order Rome Remastered!:ρ

Insulting others falls under para 2.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • TheGreatPamphletTheGreatPamphlet Registered Users Posts: 1,000

Insulting others falls under para 2.
    Thanks for clarifying it. I suspected it, but it was a bit ambiguous. I hope it is taken seriously (not a criticism to you), because, in my opinion, it is much more serious than off-topic posting.
    Nestor.

Allah, Suriya, Bashar w Bas!

• RafSwi7RafSwi7 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,995
    Good changes with agree/disagree button and having to write a reason for flagging.

Hopefully one day problems with hot/new sorting will be resolved. Default sorting by "new" is not helping with discussions as these topics are quickly buried.

Completed ROMEII, ATTILA, THRONES OF BRITANNIA, WARHAMMER, THREE KINGDOMS, TROY and ROME REMASTERED campaigns:
    ROMEII
    GC: Ardiaei, Arevaci, Athens, Baktria, Carthage, Cimmeria, Egypt, Epirus, Iceni, Kush, Lusitani, Macedon, Masaesyli, Massagetae, Massalia, Nabatea, Nervii, Odrysian Kingdom, Parthia, Pergamon, Rome, Royal Scythia, Saba, Seleucid, Sparta, Suebi, Syracuse.
    CiG: Arverni, Rome, Suebi.
    HatG: Arevaci, Carthage, Rome, Syracuse.
    IA: Antony's Rome, Dacia, Egypt, Marcomanni, Octavian's Rome, Parthia, Pompey's Rome.
    WoS: Athenai, Boiotian League, Korinthos, Sparta.
    ED: Armenia, Caledonii, Gallic Rome, Marcomanni, Palmyra, Rome, Saxoni, The Sassanids.
    RotR: Rome, Samnites, Senones, Syracuse, Taras, Tarchuna.
    ATTILA
    GC: Alans, Anteans, Eastern Roman Empire, Franks, Geats, Himyar, Jutes, Ostrogoths, Saxons, Venedians.
    TLR: Roman Expedition, Visigothic Kingdom.
    AoC: Kingdom of Asturias, Kingdom of Charlemagne, Kingdom of the Danes, Kingdom of Mercia.
    THRONES OF BRITANNIA
    Dublin, Gwined, Northumbria, Mercia, Sudreyar, West Seaxe.
    WARHAMMER 1 & 2
    W1: Belegar Ironhammer, Durthu, Karl Franz, Louen Leoncoeur, The Fay Enchantress.
    W2 - ME: Alith Anar, Count Noctilus, Ikit Claw, Imrik, Kroq-Gar, Louen Leoncoeur, The Fay Enchantress, Vlad von Carstein, Wulfrik the Wanderer, Wurrzag da Great Green Prophet.
    W2 - V: Eltharion, Lokhir Fellheart, Markus Wulfhart, Repanse de Lyonesse, Settra the Imperishable, Sisters of Twilight.
    THREE KINGDOMS
    MOH: Liu Chong, Liu Hong, Lu Zhi, Zhang Bao.
    ROTW: Dong Zhuo, Gongsun Zan, He Yi, Liu Bei, Ma Teng, Sun Jian, Yuan Shao.
    AWB: Cao Cao, King Mulu, Liu Biao, Lü Bu, Meng Huo, Sun Ce, Yan Baihu.
    FD: Cao Cao, Liu Bei, Liu Zhang, Sun Ce, Yuan Shao.
    EP: Sima Ai, Sima Yong, Sima Yue.
    TROY
    Achilles, Aeneas, Agamemnon, Ajax, Diomedes, Hector, Hippolyta, Menelaus, Odysseus, Paris, Penthesilea, Sarpedon.
    ROME REMASTERED
    RTW: Greek Cities, Scipii.
    BI: Romano-British.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 25,418

This is false and somewhat ironically a personal attack.

I do agree with fixing the order of threads though : D.
    Hyped for TWW3.

CA Cathay has the most potential of any race in TWW by far. More A+ material to design a race from than any other. You can make Cathay the best race in TWW history. I bolieve in you!