Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War Forum FAQ

Comments

• ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,549
    So what does accumulating "disagree" tags get you?
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 21,699
    Itharus said:

Nada.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

• dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 21,699
    Nyxilis said:

Woosh, all my likes gone.

Points gained are still there.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

• Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 5,761
    Itharus said:

Clout, consider it like a mined resource. The resource is salt.
    Beastmen

• saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 12,979
    Surge_2 said:

Itharus said:

Clout, consider it like a mined resource. The resource is salt.
    salt for the all the gourmet food!!!
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 27,039
    Surge_2 said:

I'd also like to know why disagrees are hidden whereas you can see who agreed with something. Anonymising the flags (eventually) made sense, but shouldn't it be put in the open just who disagrees with any idea or suggestion?

Because someone would take a screenshot and use it to bully another user.
    Anonymising disagrees just incentivises lazily pushing the button over giving a thoughtful reply since you don't even have to commit to it in any way beyond that act. I think at the very least people should have their names connected to whatever they disagreed with.
    I completely agree. However if we're going to have it which enables bullying less? A disagree with names, or one without?

Honestly I don't actually care. I just don't like the disagree button existing.
    If disagree lists were open, you'd notice if someone attempted to go for astroturfing and disliked via sock accounts.
    I assume that's the case anyway. It's not possible to honestly disagree with me.
    This is why I like you VG, neither of us are ever wrong.
    Amazing how we're both always right frien
    Hyped for TWW3.

CA! Cathay has the most potential of any race in TWW by far. More A+ material to design a race from than any other. You can make Cathay the best race in TWW history. I bolieve in you!
  • BiesBies Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,478
    Nyxilis said:

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

• BiesBies Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,478
    I would go further here and have more "reactions" to use
    for example

plus silver cup => interesting thread
    golden cup => epic thread

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

• MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,654
    edited April 15
    Brave and stunning, CA, just brave and stunning.

The new censorship is awful. And agree/disagree buttons are bad.

The second rule is worded in a biased manner. I suggest to add 'misandry' alongside 'misogyny' in order to achieve greater fairness. Ideally, remove gender specific rule examples altogether.

P.S. Be careful what you wish for, lest it comes true! - the Moderators were right.
    Post edited by Maedrethnir on
    animacja-sygn-3.gif

• shogunnershogunner Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 165
    I'll say this here since this seems to be the most active discussion of the new rules:

Jailing seems to be very lenient, especially the second point - '2. You will only be able to comment once every 2.5 minutes'. Perhaps this should be increased, say to 10 minutes or more, in order to serve as an actual punishment and stop trolling.

Also, I'm uncertain about having agrees being shown and disagrees not being shown. Honestly I think it should be the same for both, whichever one (personally I lean to making them all anonymous). Is there any chance these things could be considered or is everything set in stone now?

Also - random question - can mods see who disagrees or is it completely anonymous?
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 27,039
    shogunner said:

I'll say this here since this seems to be the most active discussion of the new rules:

Jailing seems to be very lenient, especially the second point - '2. You will only be able to comment once every 2.5 minutes'. Perhaps this should be increased, say to 10 minutes or more, in order to serve as an actual punishment and stop trolling.

Also, I'm uncertain about having agrees being shown and disagrees not being shown. Honestly I think it should be the same for both, whichever one (personally I lean to making them all anonymous). Is there any chance these things could be considered or is everything set in stone now?

Also - random question - can mods see who disagrees or is it completely anonymous?

I imagine the main point of jailing is public shaming.

Myself I'd defer to a 2 day ban, but we'll see how this works. If it's combined with zero tolerance for rule breaking it could work.
    Hyped for TWW3.

CA! Cathay has the most potential of any race in TWW by far. More A+ material to design a race from than any other. You can make Cathay the best race in TWW history. I bolieve in you!
  • shogunnershogunner Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 165

Myself I'd defer to a 2 day ban, but we'll see how this works. If it's combined with zero tolerance for rule breaking it could work.

If that's the case then I'm not sure how effective it'll be. I guess for some of the more recognisable people it will be noticed if their signature disappears, but most people either don't have one or don't have one that people would notice going missing.
    shogunner said:

If that's the case then I'm not sure how effective it'll be. I guess for some of the more recognisable people it will be noticed if their signature disappears, but most people either don't have one or don't have one that people would notice going missing.
    The jail thing I didn't even realize what it did or meant.

Just gave me something to snicker over 'nice icon, looks good on you!'

It's not a massive impact.
    Beastmen

• RockNRolla92RockNRolla92 Registered Users Posts: 1,964
    So you can constantly troll for the whole time and just have a few weeks of and come back do it again for eternity ?

So you can constantly troll for the whole time and just have a few weeks of and come back do it again for eternity ?

Seems that way. You can also harass people with no penalty but an icon change.
    Beastmen

• ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 31,905

Only if you get banned via accumulating points.

You can get insta- permabanned too, like the guy who tried to impersonate VG recently.

• BlacedBlaced Registered Users Posts: 890
    Excited to see how this will work, new disagree button
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,527
    When someone doesn’t agree with me but gives a reasonable point I won’t use the disagree button. My only mild problem is because disagree can’t be seen whenever someone disagrees with me and someone clicks their disagree button it may be inferred it was me who did it.

I’d just like to say I don’t use the disagree button unless I really dislike what’s said.

I dislike change.. just as much as I dislike the status quo
    Make disagrees visible. There's no reason to grand those people anonymity, at least make them stand for it with their names.

You guys are worked up over literally nothing.

Smash that dislike button, it does absolutely nothing.
    Beastmen

• hendo1592hendo1592 Registered Users Posts: 2,340
    I have a suggestion to promote healthy conversations and disagreements. Make “disagree” not a penalty- meaning if someone gets a bunch of “disagrees” and they have 0 flags in my opinion they should be some “award”. That way disagree isn't necessarily a bad thing when parties are sticking with forum rules and regs.
    hendo1592 said:

I have a suggestion to promote healthy conversations and disagreements. Make “disagree” not a penalty- meaning if someone gets a bunch of “disagrees” and they have 0 flags in my opinion they should be some “award”. That way disagree isn't necessarily a bad thing when parties are sticking with forum rules and regs.

There is no penalty...
    Beastmen

• NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 4,998
    dge1 said:

Nyxilis said:

Points gained are still there.
    Certainly so, so there is shows that something jived with someone. Still kinda used it as a benchmark, but I'm not really that worried on it. More just idle commentary.

I suspect in the end I will have more disagrees than false flags in the long run with the new system. Already getting back added on someone and despite anon pretty obvious whom. Har har har.
    edited April 15
    Surge_2 said:

You can have your stance on this and I can have mine. The disagree button adds nothing but more cheap hostility and ill-will.

Can you see anything positive to come from this, other than bombing Veresh's threads without having to reply to them? I can't.

Surge_2 said:

You can have your stance on this and I can have mine. The disagree button adds nothing but more cheap hostility and ill-will.

Can you see anything positive to come from this, other than bombing Veresh's threads without having to reply to them? I can't.
    I mean I'm fine going back to just flagging things as spam if you would prefer.

Do I see anything positive? No not really. Do I see anything negative? No not really.

It's a meaningless change in the long run.

I'll use it to just inform people that there is at least one person who disagrees with them, that's all it does.

Mostly, both Agree and Disagree are tools for trolling, and limit discussion down to a click of a button.

An ignore function, is the real need.
    Beastmen

• NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 4,998
    Surge_2 said:

Surge_2 said:

I mean I'm fine going back to just flagging things as spam if you would prefer.

Do I see anything positive? No not really. Do I see anything negative? No not really.

It's a meaningless change in the long run.

I'll use it to just inform people that there is at least one person who disagrees with them, that's all it does.

Mostly, both Agree and Disagree are tools for trolling, and limit discussion down to a click of a button.

An ignore function, is the real need.
    I don't think it's meaningless. It gives some people instant polls they like to throw up. No longer does one have to throw up yet another poll when they suggest an idea. The 38 dislikes and 2 likes can give you an instant lil obvious point that.. oh yeah.. nobody likes that opinion.

But is otherwise wounding nobody other than those who can't any critique. So far I have majority dislikes from a bretonnian thread of whom I can guess did it. And I just don't caaaaaaaaaaare.
  • XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Registered Users Posts: 2,983
    edited April 15

When someone doesn’t agree with me but gives a reasonable point I won’t use the disagree button. My only mild problem is because disagree can’t be seen whenever someone disagrees with me and someone clicks their disagree button it may be inferred it was me who did it.

I’d just like to say I don’t use the disagree button unless I really dislike what’s said.

I dislike change.. just as much as I dislike the status quo

yeah I'm not going to use it at all. The day I need a button to disagree with someone is the day I forgo human language and start only communicating through emojis
    Request scorched body textures, poisoned dying animations for infantry's skeletons, a blood slider that allows us to control how much blood appears in battle and make proper death animations for all ethereal units so they vanish for Blood for the Blood God 3.
    That's a good point, instant polls.

However one has to look at the respondents and ask themselves ' do I care what this rabble thinks about things they don't understand?'

Probably not. ;)
    Beastmen

Surge_2 said:

That's a good point, instant polls.

However one has to look at the respondents and ask themselves ' do I care what this rabble thinks about things they don't understand?'

Probably not. ;)

If people don't care anyway, then remove it, it serves no purpose.

• AmonkhetAmonkhet Registered Users Posts: 6,348
    edited April 15

Brave and stunning, CA, just brave and stunning.

The new censorship is awful. And agree/disagree buttons are bad.

The second rule is worded in a biased manner. I suggest to add 'misandry' alongside 'misogyny' in order to achieve greater fairness. Ideally, remove gender specific rule examples altogether.

P.S. Be careful what you wish for, lest it comes true! - the Moderators were right.

Probably because of the rampant misogyny we've had here from certain posters.
    Albion would make the perfect Total War Warhammer 3 pre-order; with Hengus the Druid and Bran MacKerog as Legendary Lords.
This discussion has been closed.