Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War Forum FAQ

Comments

• Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 5,761

Surge_2 said:

That's a good point, instant polls.

However one has to look at the respondents and ask themselves ' do I care what this rabble thinks about things they don't understand?'

Probably not. ;)

If people don't care anyway, then remove it, it serves no purpose.
    Oh people clearly do care.

I? No, I do not.
    Beastmen

• ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 31,905
    I always find it funny when people are being aggressively indifferent. It's an interesting oxymoron.

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 27,038

When someone doesn’t agree with me but gives a reasonable point I won’t use the disagree button. My only mild problem is because disagree can’t be seen whenever someone disagrees with me and someone clicks their disagree button it may be inferred it was me who did it.

I’d just like to say I don’t use the disagree button unless I really dislike what’s said.

I dislike change.. just as much as I dislike the status quo

I don't intend to use it period. Either I care enough to voice my disapproval or I do not.

The disagree button seems petty at best.
    Hyped for TWW3.

CA! Cathay has the most potential of any race in TWW by far. More A+ material to design a race from than any other. You can make Cathay the best race in TWW history. I bolieve in you!
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 4,998

When someone doesn’t agree with me but gives a reasonable point I won’t use the disagree button. My only mild problem is because disagree can’t be seen whenever someone disagrees with me and someone clicks their disagree button it may be inferred it was me who did it.

I’d just like to say I don’t use the disagree button unless I really dislike what’s said.

I don't intend to use it period. Either I care enough to voice my disapproval or I do not.

I don't really see how a line of single word entries you espouse really matters anymore than. "Meh".
    edited April 15

I always find it funny when people are being aggressively indifferent. It's an interesting oxymoron.

Perhaps it's similar to what I feel towards a few of the folks who simply must hold a contrary position?

We all have our crosses to bear.
    Beastmen

• CyresdogCyresdog Registered Users Posts: 629

No, please don't reply to anyone you disagree with from now on.
    Just use the new fancy button for that, that will teach them.
    Not sure why you quoted me Surge? Sorry I'm not thinking too good.
    Cyresdog said:

Lol.
    Hyped for TWW3.

CA! Cathay has the most potential of any race in TWW by far. More A+ material to design a race from than any other. You can make Cathay the best race in TWW history. I bolieve in you!

Not sure why you quoted me Surge? Sorry I'm not thinking too good.

Cyresdog said:

Lol.
    That's weird, wasn't intended my good man, probably a draft.
    Beastmen

• CyresdogCyresdog Registered Users Posts: 629
    This entire Idea with Agree/Disagree is so horribly thougt out.
    Its basically hoping that a bunch of kindergarten Kids start to behave after you told them to do so.

• ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 31,905
    Surge_2 said:

Perhaps it's similar to what I feel towards a few of the folks who simply must hold a contrary position?

No, that's a shtick used by people who really like something but don't want to commit to it in any way, so they just feign aggressive indifference...which betrays of course that they care a lot.

• MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 3,072

The second rule is worded in a biased manner. I suggest to add 'misandry' alongside 'misogyny' in order to achieve greater fairness. Ideally, remove gender specific rule examples altogether.

Gee, I wonder why you'd have a problem with that rule of all people, right Mae ?
    I believe in Slaanesh supremacy
  • SchwarzhelmSchwarzhelm Registered Users Posts: 2,194
    Cyresdog said:

This entire Idea with Agree/Disagree is so horribly thougt out.
    Its basically hoping that a bunch of kindergarten Kids start to behave after you told them to do so.

I am sure it will not change anything but at least it is funny to see how our local troll needed only one day to nearly get 600 disagrees. It´s the little things in life.^^
  • XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Registered Users Posts: 2,977
    edited April 15
    Maelas said:

The second rule is worded in a biased manner. I suggest to add 'misandry' alongside 'misogyny' in order to achieve greater fairness. Ideally, remove gender specific rule examples altogether.

Gee, I wonder why you'd have a problem with that rule of all people, right Mae ?
    I don't know that kind of worries me too. Like what is considered Misogyny? I know some people consider sexualizing women in general to be Misogyny. Which will be a hard square to circle since Morathi is in the game.
    Request scorched body textures, poisoned dying animations for infantry's skeletons, a blood slider that allows us to control how much blood appears in battle and make proper death animations for all ethereal units so they vanish for Blood for the Blood God 3.
    I am glad to see misogyny explicitly banned. I wrote about it before, it's good to have a specific rule against it.
    Hyped for TWW3.

Surge_2 said:

No, that's a shtick used by people who really like something but don't want to commit to it in any way, so they just feign aggressive indifference...which betrays of course that they care a lot.
    Why would I care a lot, about something that just replaced Flags, in an even easier to use format?
    Beastmen

I do miss the like button a lot.

It's a good way of expressing lols, positive vibes, or general support for a commenter. Agree feels like I'm being a douche sometimes if someone says sorry and I agree it's like "you should be" when I want a "I respect you for that".
    Hyped for TWW3.

• korradokortokorradokorto Registered Users Posts: 392
    I reiterate my request to unhide the disagree button, i wanna see my fans list.

Also badges, i need a 5000 disagree badge named the Hand of Mercy, thanks.
  • XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Registered Users Posts: 2,977

I do miss the like button a lot.

It's a good way of expressing lols, positive vibes, or general support for a commenter. Agree feels like I'm being a douche sometimes if someone says sorry and I agree it's like "you should be" when I want a "I respect you for that".

its because CA really did not want to call the disagree button "dislike". Even though that's exactly what it is. Thats how its being used and yes you're right now having the like button replaced is just going to confuse some interactions. I'm still going to treat it like the 'like button'
    Request scorched body textures, poisoned dying animations for infantry's skeletons, a blood slider that allows us to control how much blood appears in battle and make proper death animations for all ethereal units so they vanish for Blood for the Blood God 3.
    I get the English only rule. Totally reasonable. No protest from me

That said I'll miss practicing here. Yesterday the first thing I said post op was thank you in Mandarin then told them it was thanks in Chinese and immediately went back out.
    Hyped for TWW3.

• joproulx99joproulx99 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,041
    Troll threads are still not considered trolling.
    "Fear me mortals, for I am the Anointed, the favored Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall."

~ Archaon, Lord of the End Times
  • CrajohCrajoh Member Registered Users Posts: 2,176

Make disagrees visible. There's no reason to grand those people anonymity, at least make them stand for it with their names.

Make disagrees visible. There's no reason to grand those people anonymity, at least make them stand for it with their names.

Surge_2 said:

Sure but there is no way of knowing what someone really thinks they may very well not care and we are falsely labelling them as aggressive indifference. Perhaps the more appropriate label is passive aggressive indifference. 🍺
    Live your life and try to do no harm.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Evelyn Beatrice Hall
    edited April 16

There's definitely a disconnect between the community definition and moderators.

Maybe defining the terms would help? I don't know if that's something possible though.
    Post edited by Vanilla_Gorilla on
    Hyped for TWW3.

• joproulx99joproulx99 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,041

There's definitely a disconnect between the community definition and moderators.

Maybe defining the terms would help? I don't know if that's something possible though.
    I came to the conclusion that the term is indeed defined, and does not match the community's definition.

I could go in any historical forum and ask for an Alien DLC race stating that they are the ones that created the great pyramids, not the Egyptians.

Both are lies, not historical, dont exist, have no fact to back it up, a disrespect to history and its fans, yet...the trolls would be the ones calling me a troll.
    "Fear me mortals, for I am the Anointed, the favored Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall."

~ Archaon, Lord of the End Times
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,654
    Amonkhet said:

Brave and stunning, CA, just brave and stunning.

The new censorship is awful. And agree/disagree buttons are bad.

P.S. Be careful what you wish for, lest it comes true! - the Moderators were right.

Probably because of the rampant misogyny we've had here from certain posters.
    Personally, I haven't observed it.
    Maelas said:

No need to wonder. I don't feel targeted, if that's what is implied, because I did nothing wrong. I have a problem with it because I'm against gender biased rule examples.

Please, refrain from personal commentary.

Maelas said:

I don't know that kind of worries me too. Like what is considered Misogyny? I know some people consider sexualizing women in general to be Misogyny. Which will be a hard square to circle since Morathi is in the game.
    Those people are wrong:
    1. https://dictionary.cambridge.org/pl/dictionary/english/misogyny
    2. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/misogyny

That being said, some bad faith actors treat the term as nebulous insert for all of their perceived offences.
    animacja-sygn-3.gif

• EmrysorEmrysor Registered Users Posts: 453
    edited April 16

I came to the conclusion that the term is indeed defined, and does not match the community's definition.

I could go in any historical forum and ask for an Alien DLC race stating that they are the ones that created the great pyramids, not the Egyptians.

Both are lies, not historical, dont exist, have no fact to back it up, a disrespect to history and its fans, yet...the trolls would be the ones calling me a troll.
    Which is true. That are based on empirical handling of the past which creates history, you cannot just make up things that did not exist. You can of course post "it's aliens" meme, but no serious historian would come forward and say aliens built them.

I feel for warhammer, it's different. When the authors retcon things and expand upon material that before were more of an afterthought, then a lot of things are subject to change at the authors will.

To compare this with history. As a historian you can only write what the sources tells you about a topic. If you find new evidence then you can say older accounts were false or unprecise. Or a historian today will get a different reading about the same material of a historian from another time period.

I do feel you cannot draw this comparison of history and a fantasy ip that can be under constant change. The most noteble example is cathay that got added from almost not existing to being core. Would that mean all the cathay threads over the years were trolls?

And this is my opinion, but the thing sexualizing things as an offense seems imprecise. For once look at the world we live in the west, everything is sexualized. Second, there are plenty of models in game that is way over the line. Then it just becomes ambiguous and its like I am just gonna ignore reading that part of the rules all together and forget it existed.
    Post edited by Emrysor on
  • VonhellstingVonhellsting Registered Users Posts: 750
    edited April 16
    While I don't think transparency is a bad thing this seems more like something that will be abused to silence legitimate criticism. Particularly the all decisions are final seems very draconian. Even administrators can make mistakes from time to time stuffing your fingers in your ears and saying I'm always right doesn't help anyone.
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 39,690
    edited April 16

While I don't think transparency is a bad thing this seems more like something that will be abused to silence legitimate criticism. Particularly the all decisions are final seems very draconian. Even administrators can make mistakes from time to time stuffing you fingers in your ears and saying I'm always right doesn't help anyone.

The rule only applies to public discussion of decisions, you are encouraged to use the PM system to contact the relevant person if you have a genuine query regarding a particular case.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • VonhellstingVonhellsting Registered Users Posts: 750
    edited April 16

While I don't think transparency is a bad thing this seems more like something that will be abused to silence legitimate criticism. Particularly the all decisions are final seems very draconian. Even administrators can make mistakes from time to time stuffing you fingers in your ears and saying I'm always right doesn't help anyone.

The rule only applies to public discussion of decisions, you are encouraged to use the PM system to contact the relevant person if you have a genuine query regarding a particular case.

Ah okay that's a bit better the wording made it seem like you wouldn't be able to dispute a ruling.
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 15,289
    edited April 16
    I find the Agree/Disagree buttons to be good because it removes those obnoxious "Spam" and "Abuse" buttons that did nothing but waste our time and express dislike. This just makes it what it really was.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -New Rules: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287645/new-forum-rules#latest
    -Rules FAQ: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287650/total-war-forum-faq#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
    Canuovea said:

I find the Agree/Disagree buttons to be good because it removes those obnoxious "Spam" and "Abuse" buttons that did nothing but waste our time and express dislike. This just makes it what it really was.

Yet we've already seen.... How many threads devolved into discussing likes and dislikes or threads exclusively about using the like and dislike button?

I don't see a reason to have an anonymous hit stick.
    Hyped for TWW3.

This discussion has been closed.