Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

If the next DLC is going to be bigger than previous ones...

RafSwi7RafSwi7 Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 1,995
... what hypothetically would you like to see in it? More playable heroes? Map expansions? Other things?

Completed ROMEII, ATTILA, THRONES OF BRITANNIA, WARHAMMER, THREE KINGDOMS, TROY and ROME REMASTERED campaigns:
ROMEII
GC: Ardiaei, Arevaci, Athens, Baktria, Carthage, Cimmeria, Egypt, Epirus, Iceni, Kush, Lusitani, Macedon, Masaesyli, Massagetae, Massalia, Nabatea, Nervii, Odrysian Kingdom, Parthia, Pergamon, Rome, Royal Scythia, Saba, Seleucid, Sparta, Suebi, Syracuse.
CiG: Arverni, Rome, Suebi.
HatG: Arevaci, Carthage, Rome, Syracuse.
IA: Antony's Rome, Dacia, Egypt, Marcomanni, Octavian's Rome, Parthia, Pompey's Rome.
WoS: Athenai, Boiotian League, Korinthos, Sparta.
ED: Armenia, Caledonii, Gallic Rome, Marcomanni, Palmyra, Rome, Saxoni, The Sassanids.
RotR: Rome, Samnites, Senones, Syracuse, Taras, Tarchuna.
ATTILA
GC: Alans, Anteans, Eastern Roman Empire, Franks, Geats, Himyar, Jutes, Ostrogoths, Saxons, Venedians.
TLR: Roman Expedition, Visigothic Kingdom.
AoC: Kingdom of Asturias, Kingdom of Charlemagne, Kingdom of the Danes, Kingdom of Mercia.
THRONES OF BRITANNIA
Dublin, Gwined, Northumbria, Mercia, Sudreyar, West Seaxe.
WARHAMMER 1 & 2
W1: Belegar Ironhammer, Durthu, Karl Franz, Louen Leoncoeur, The Fay Enchantress.
W2 - ME: Alith Anar, Count Noctilus, Ikit Claw, Imrik, Kroq-Gar, Louen Leoncoeur, The Fay Enchantress, Vlad von Carstein, Wulfrik the Wanderer, Wurrzag da Great Green Prophet.
W2 - V: Eltharion, Lokhir Fellheart, Markus Wulfhart, Repanse de Lyonesse, Settra the Imperishable, Sisters of Twilight.
THREE KINGDOMS
MOH: Liu Chong, Liu Hong, Lu Zhi, Zhang Bao.
ROTW: Dong Zhuo, Gongsun Zan, He Yi, Liu Bei, Ma Teng, Sun Jian, Yuan Shao.
AWB: Cao Cao, King Mulu, Liu Biao, Lü Bu, Meng Huo, Sun Ce, Yan Baihu.
FD: Cao Cao, Liu Bei, Liu Zhang, Sun Ce, Yuan Shao.
EP: Sima Ai, Sima Yong, Sima Yue.
TROY
Achilles, Aeneas, Agamemnon, Ajax, Diomedes, Hector, Hippolyta, Menelaus, Odysseus, Paris, Penthesilea, Sarpedon.
ROME REMASTERED
RTW: Greek Cities, Scipii.
BI: Romano-British.

Comments

• DariosDarios Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 489
    Map expansion into the East, with the Hittites (and various Hittite-related cultures). Troy is a really good opportunity to truly bring the world of the Bronze Age to Total War.
  • RafSwi7RafSwi7 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,995
    Darios said:

Map expansion into the East, with the Hittites (and various Hittite-related cultures). Troy is a really good opportunity to truly bring the world of the Bronze Age to Total War.

How far east you would like to see the map expanded?

So, new culture (Hittites) with at least one playable hero. What about other heroes from our current cultures? Which one would you like to see?

Completed ROMEII, ATTILA, THRONES OF BRITANNIA, WARHAMMER, THREE KINGDOMS, TROY and ROME REMASTERED campaigns:
    ROMEII
    GC: Ardiaei, Arevaci, Athens, Baktria, Carthage, Cimmeria, Egypt, Epirus, Iceni, Kush, Lusitani, Macedon, Masaesyli, Massagetae, Massalia, Nabatea, Nervii, Odrysian Kingdom, Parthia, Pergamon, Rome, Royal Scythia, Saba, Seleucid, Sparta, Suebi, Syracuse.
    IA: Antony's Rome, Dacia, Egypt, Marcomanni, Octavian's Rome, Parthia, Pompey's Rome.
    ED: Armenia, Caledonii, Gallic Rome, Marcomanni, Palmyra, Rome, Saxoni, The Sassanids.
    ATTILA
    GC: Alans, Anteans, Eastern Roman Empire, Franks, Geats, Himyar, Jutes, Ostrogoths, Saxons, Venedians.
    AoC: Kingdom of Asturias, Kingdom of Charlemagne, Kingdom of the Danes, Kingdom of Mercia.
    THRONES OF BRITANNIA
    WARHAMMER 1 & 2
    W1: Belegar Ironhammer, Durthu, Karl Franz, Louen Leoncoeur, The Fay Enchantress.
    W2 - ME: Alith Anar, Count Noctilus, Ikit Claw, Imrik, Kroq-Gar, Louen Leoncoeur, The Fay Enchantress, Vlad von Carstein, Wulfrik the Wanderer, Wurrzag da Great Green Prophet.
    W2 - V: Eltharion, Lokhir Fellheart, Markus Wulfhart, Repanse de Lyonesse, Settra the Imperishable, Sisters of Twilight.
    THREE KINGDOMS
    TROY
    Achilles, Aeneas, Agamemnon, Ajax, Diomedes, Hector, Hippolyta, Menelaus, Odysseus, Paris, Penthesilea, Sarpedon.
    ROME REMASTERED
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 31,229
    I would first like a dedicated resource trading UI so that it's detached from diplomacy.

• jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,769
    I prefer Thrace and Crete with their own unique roster first.
  • TejaSchwarzhaarTejaSchwarzhaar Registered Users Posts: 295
    I have two wishes for map expansions:

1. Hittites

Granted, they didn't participate in the Trojan War according to Homer, but neither did the Dorians and Macedonians and they are on the map too.

But there are mainly two reasons for them:

First, they were the dominant empire in Asia Minor and the most powerful player in the region at that time. They deserve a place in the game.

Second, it shifts the balancing.
    Especially if you're playing as a Trojan faction you don't really fight the greeks in Asia Minor, at least not in the north anywhere near Troy. Like that, you never get to defend Troy against a huge Achean invasion which is kind of the point of the Trojan factions, at least of Hector and Paris.
    A map expansion to the east shifts your attention to over there and makes you spend time and resources on dominating those lands giving the Acheans time to cross the Aegean Sea and threaten Troy itself.

2. Thrace

The Thracians participated in the Trojan War and played an important role in many situations (i.e. Odysseus and Diomedes kill Rhesus and steal his horses, the story of Polydoros etc.).

Yet, their situation on the map is precarious. For the most part, their lands are just "one region thin" on the map which makes it pretty weird and easy to conquer those lands and the Thracians can hardly build a powerbase in the North and then spread their influence to the south.

Apart from that:

Crete would be nice too, but this would probably be a normal-sized DLC.

Furthermore Diomedes needs some balancing. I recently had a duel with him (level 27) against Hector (level 17) and he massacred Hector in under a minute which is pretty ridiculous. Not even Achilleus can do stuff like that and generally I don't think that Hector should die to anyone so quickly.
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 31,229

Furthermore Diomedes needs some balancing. I recently had a duel with him (level 27) against Hector (level 17) and he massacred Hector in under a minute which is pretty ridiculous. Not even Achilleus can do stuff like that and generally I don't think that Hector should die to anyone so quickly.

Eh, if he was ten levels ahead of Hector that was to be expected because that means he had way more health and way stronger abilities. It would have been outrageous if Hector had beat him in this duel actually.

Eh, if he was ten levels ahead of Hector that was to be expected because that means he had way more health and way stronger abilities. It would have been outrageous if Hector had beat him in this duel actually.

I agree, it was right that Diomedes beat him.

The problem I see is how quickly that happened, Diomeds took Hector down as quickly as my elite swordsmen took down Hector's militia. But this is just one of the many examples from my campaign. I had battles where Diomedes took out three enemy heroes in a row and not even losing half of his health. I have never seen a hero killing other heroes as quickly as Diomedes does.

Maybe it's just my impression, but from my experience Diomedes is really unbalanced in hero vs hero combat.
    edited April 15
    In general Diomedes is the strongest anti-hero character in the game. If there is a big difference in levels between heroes, he will melt every one of them.

As for Hittites how much of Anatolia would need to be added to accommodate them?

Also, do you think that the next FLC will add another god or will we see something else?

ROMEII
    ATTILA
    THRONES OF BRITANNIA
    WARHAMMER 1 & 2
    THREE KINGDOMS
    TROY
    ROME REMASTERED
    The Hittite Empire encompassed roughly modern day Turkey and Syria so ideally there would be at least half of Asia Minor on the map going to their capital of Hattusa in modern day central Turkey.

But I am aware that such a map expansion is completely unrealistic. So what I am hoping for (at best) is an arrondation of the bending that the map has in the East right now.

This of course would not be a real Hittite Empire but in my opinion it's the best that we can hope for. It could also be split into a Hittite territory (like the seat of a royal gouvernor of the western provinces) in the eastern corner of the map (represented by the hexagon) and some satrapies (represented by the rectangles). This way, the Hittites would be this obscure threat in the east and not some random large empire that still is just a caricature of the Hittites because it is so much smaller than it should be (if you know what I mean)...

For the Thracians I would just like a couple more provinces divided into already existing and maybe one or two new Thracian factions.
  • Toiox43uqToiox43uq Registered Users Posts: 16
    I think the Paeonians need to be added .........living north of the Macedonians ....they already exist in the game and we can have at least 2 of their historical leader that fought in the trojan war.... Pyraechmes and Asteropaeus

They fought alongside the Trojans

I would like to see Corcyla (corfu ) activated...........hated Odysseus and Ithaca kept seeking the Epirotes to attack Odysseus realm .............they currently exist doing zero , not moving , just trading
  • AnastasiosAnastasios Registered Users Posts: 45
    Cyprus need to be added. A Greek Island.

The king of Cyprus Kinyras, gave to Agamemnon as a gift an important chest.

Kinyras was the high priest of the goddess Aphrodite.

Cyprus is birth place of Aphrodite.
    Toiox43uq said:

I think the Paeonians need to be added .........living north of the Macedonians ....they already exist in the game and we can have at least 2 of their historical leader that fought in the trojan war.... Pyraechmes and Asteropaeus

They fought alongside the Trojans

I would like to see Corcyla (corfu ) activated...........hated Odysseus and Ithaca kept seeking the Epirotes to attack Odysseus realm .............they currently exist doing zero , not moving , just trading

To continue on Corfu..........around this time the Liburnians ( a major sea power which controlled the adriatic sea ) invaded Corcyla and took it , holding it for over 300 Years...............maybe we can have these Liburnians coming down from the sea.

Liburnia is now part of modern croatia and its islands
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,769
    edited April 16
    I prefer if the factions were really the factions who participated in Trojan War and mentioned in Illiad.

I don't like seeing some "made-up" characters when there are still characters that deserved to become playable.

Guys, this game is based on Illiad, remember. CA shall focus on established characters of the story instead of inventing characters.

Aside from that, I would be really happy if CA would make each playable factions' cities unique instead of expanding to place which has nothing to do with Illiad. There is no problem if they expand the map but their priority shall be towards relevant factions, characters and battlemaps.
    jamreal18 said:

I prefer if the factions were really the factions who participated in Trojan War and mentioned in Illiad.

I don't like seeing some "made-up" characters when there are still characters that deserved to become playable.

Guys, this game is based on Illiad, remember. CA shall focus on established characters of the story instead of inventing characters.

Aside from that, I would be really happy if CA would make each playable factions' cities unique instead of expanding to place which has nothing to do with Illiad. There is no problem if they expand the map but their priority shall be towards relevant factions, characters and battlemaps.

Generally I agree with you but for a bigger DLC (which is the topic of this discussion) I expect a bit more from CA than just new heroes.

jamreal18 said:

Generally I agree with you but for a bigger DLC (which is the topic of this discussion) I expect a bit more from CA than just new heroes.
    Yeah, generally speaking if we are talking about "bigger" DLC I meant something more like Nanman DLC for 3K which added 4 playable heroes, had big rework with it, expanded the map to the south and also had FLC hero.

ROMEII
    ATTILA
    THRONES OF BRITANNIA
    WARHAMMER 1 & 2
    THREE KINGDOMS
    TROY
    ROME REMASTERED
    Still, the big question is how many "new" cultures can be added/fleshed out in one (even if its big) DLC.

While I would love to see playable Hittites, I would be unhappy if they were to be made playable at cost of Rhesus (Thracians) or Memnon (Ethiopians).

For me the order of playable cultures that I would like to see fleshed out would go like this:
    1. Thracians
    2. Ethiopians
    3. Dorians/Hittites
    4. Ionians
    5. Aeolians
    6. Maeonians
    Maybe if we will see more DLCs after the next one, in that scenario I think chances for Hittites would be bigger. Hard to say at the moment as we have zere knowledge about content support for Troy after Steam release.

If we will see some map expansion I think that little expansion in Asia is quite probable. Maybe with some additional settlements in Thrace and/or Peloponnese. I agree with @TejaSchwarzhaar that map expansion in Anatolia would be good for campaign balance as it would give Trojans more to do.

At the moment if the next content pack is a normal sized DLC, I think it will be Greek vs Trojan pack (Idomeneus vs Rhesus or Nestor vs Memnon or some other combination).

If we see bigger DLC, I guess it will be 2 Greeks vs 2 Trojans with some map expansion. Probably without FLC hero.

If we are going to have only heroes that are strictly tied to Trojan War mythos I would like to see these being playable (in order of my preference):

Greek Side:
    1. Nestor
    2. Idomeneus
    3. Menestheus
    4. Philoctetes
    5. Ajax the Lesser
    Trojan Side:
    1. Rhesus
    2. Memnon
    3. Telephus
    4. Troilos
    5. Helenos

ROMEII
    ATTILA
    THRONES OF BRITANNIA
    WARHAMMER 1 & 2
    THREE KINGDOMS
    TROY
    ROME REMASTERED
    If we introduce Memnon then Homer wrote

Memnon and the "Aethiopians" ................these people are from western Libya

it was greek historian Hesiod who changed the term Aethiopians wrongly to Ethiopians ......

I do not agree with any Hittite introduction , they did not participate but where "observers" in the conflict..
    Minor followup:

Give us a Helen update!
  • ChicoperarioChicoperario Registered Users Posts: 103

Minor followup:

Give us a Helen update!

I agree! Give us the option to return her to Menelaus instead of marrying her! If i'm playing Achilles, I wanna marry my bro Patroclus, not Helen! :D
    edited April 22
    Why should Helen go to menelaus ?

After Paris died , Helen married Paris brother Deiphobus ............who only died during the sack of Troy, killed by Odysses

Deiphobus is said to be a better fighter than Paris and credited with many High ranking Greek slain

Helen should be taken to Troy after the demise of Paris ..................or if you want a gaming scenario , then give her to hector to look after
    Toiox43uq said:

Why should Helen go to menelaus ?

After Paris died , Helen married Paris brother Deiphobus ............who only died during the sack of Troy, killed by Odysses

Deiphobus is said to be a better fighter than Paris and credited with many High ranking Greek slain

Helen should be taken to Troy after the demise of Paris ..................or if you want a gaming scenario , then give her to hector to look after

@Chicoperario means that we would like to have more choices regarding Helen's fate if we capture her as non Paris/Menelaus faction. For example having an option to give her back to Menelaus if we capture her as Agamemnon or Achilles.

Check this thread for more info.

ROMEII
    ATTILA
    THRONES OF BRITANNIA
    WARHAMMER 1 & 2
    THREE KINGDOMS
    TROY
    ROME REMASTERED
  • AlduineeAlduinee Registered Users Posts: 62
    The map is already huge enough imho, I even think there are too much provinces in some places
    Alduinee said:

The map is already huge enough imho, I even think there are too much provinces in some places

Yes, the map is big but I and others believe that it would be good to expand the map a little east (and add few regions in Thrace) for two major reasons:
    • It would give Trojans and their allies more enemies to fight in the early game. This would postpone the situation where they sail across the Aegean and invade Greeks very early into the campaign.
    • Potential DLC heroes like Memnon or Rhesus would benefit from additional space in their (most likely) starting regions.

ROMEII
    ATTILA
    THRONES OF BRITANNIA
    WARHAMMER 1 & 2
    THREE KINGDOMS
    TROY
    ROME REMASTERED
    Alduinee said:

So what do you wish for?

New mechanics / new resources etc.?
  • DariosDarios Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 489
    RafSwi7 said:

How far east you would like to see the map expanded?

So, new culture (Hittites) with at least one playable hero. What about other heroes from our current cultures? Which one would you like to see?

Not too terribly far as expanding to Hattusa would be a bit too much and shift the game in a really weird direction. However, stretching the map in the direction of Tarḫuntašša might be doable? It'd give Lycia a strong enemy to fight against in southern Anatolia, potentially making it easier for Menelaus to island hop over and threaten Troy itself. As to the hero/ruler of Tarḫuntašša, I imagine that Kurunta makes sense. He ruled from the city and was involved in intrigues against other Hittite lords in the area. A minor map expansion towards Tarḫuntašša could fill in a bit more of inner Anatolia with other minor Hittite cities and their mission line could involve uniting them one into a single polity, before potentially dealing with the Trojans or Greeks.

As TejaSchwarzhaar pointed out - the Trojans currently have it a bit too easy and tend to invade Greece early on. Perhaps there needs to be a bit more going on in Anatolia to occupy them before the Greeks show up on their shores. The Greeks (Achilles especially) already have all sorts of minor factions to deal with in Greece proper before they can begin to focus on the Trojans.

Btw, hasn't it been a while now since we've last gotten a DLC for this game? I'm ready for some new content! :)
    edited 5:42PM
    Darios said:

Btw, hasn't it been a while now since we've last gotten a DLC for this game? I'm ready for some new content! :)

Well, the longer wait hopefully means that the next DLC will indeed be bigger.

ROMEII
    ATTILA
    THRONES OF BRITANNIA
    WARHAMMER 1 & 2
    THREE KINGDOMS
    TROY
    ROME REMASTERED