Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Patch Tomorrow?

TheShiroOfDaltonTheShiroOfDalton Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 34,001
Really hope so, a month should be sufficient time to iron out some of the issues with the new mechanics and squash the more annoying bugs.
Tagged:

Comments

• furtissim#2177furtissim#2177 Registered Users Posts: 421
    I admire your faith. I don't agree with it though.
  • Naygir_KillazNaygir_Killaz Registered Users Posts: 1,550
  • fan3982173917524862fan3982173917524862 Registered Users Posts: 1,584
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/mqua2j/ca_announced_there_will_be_a_major_patch_with/
    In 2 months from now, according to a post by a CA official on bilibili.
    Honestly, this is a joke. How can WH2 get 3 patches and a FLC add on in 3 months while 3K can't even get a single patch or any information about this from CA? I guess chinese fans must have been really chewing them out for them to even post an ETA. Shameful display.
  • kaihoo#1230kaihoo#1230 Registered Users Posts: 1,100

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/mqua2j/ca_announced_there_will_be_a_major_patch_with/
    In 2 months from now, according to a post by a CA official on bilibili.
    Honestly, this is a joke. How can WH2 get 3 patches and a FLC add on in 3 months while 3K can't even get a single patch or any information about this from CA? I guess chinese fans must have been really chewing them out for them to even post an ETA. Shameful display.

Skeleton crew for 3K that's why
  • Bright_EyesBright_Eyes Registered Users Posts: 1,306
    I love the game but it's clearly semi-abandoned.
  • furtissim#2177furtissim#2177 Registered Users Posts: 421

I love the game but it's clearly semi-abandoned.

So sad. F
  • Misaka_ComplexMisaka_Complex Registered Users Posts: 3,707
    CA recently announced on Tieba that it is going to need 2 months so there you go, CA just flushed that false hope down the drain.

• RyanLuiRyanLui Registered Users Posts: 257

CA recently announced on Tieba that it is going to need 2 months so there you go, CA just flushed that false hope down the drain.

What is Tieba? Here to another 2 months of not playing woo
  • TheShiroOfDaltonTheShiroOfDalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 34,001
    I very much don't care about any messages in Chinese for only Chinese players. I want this to be officially announced here or on reddit before I accept it.
    RyanLui said:

What is Tieba? Here to another 2 months of not playing woo

It is the Chinese forums.

I very much don't care about any messages in Chinese for only Chinese players. I want this to be officially announced here or on reddit before I accept it.

Whether you accept it or not irrelevant. What matters is that an official CA staff announced that it will be in 2 months. You can choose to ignore this or believe it, but that doesn't change how it will take 2 months for the patch. Whether you choose to accept this or not is irrelevant, what CA's official staff said about the patch is relevant.

Whether you accept it or not irrelevant. What matters is that an official CA staff announced that it will be in 2 months. You can choose to ignore this or believe it, but that doesn't change how it will take 2 months for the patch. Whether you choose to accept this or not is irrelevant, what CA's official staff said about the patch is relevant.

Until it's officially announced like that by CA, it's a hoax. It's as simple as that.

Until it's officially announced like that by CA, it's a hoax. It's as simple as that.
    Are you trolling? It has been officially announced by CA, just in the Chinese social media.

Are you trolling? It has been officially announced by CA, just in the Chinese social media.
    Why should I trust any Chinese social media?
  • Rewan#2358Rewan#2358 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,900

Well the "announcement" was made by a CA member also registered on these boards (DrDuan), so I'd say it's pretty safe.

My personal collection of hazardous tests and quickfixes (yes this is a link).
    Wondering why you get some traits on your characters this may give you a vague idea

Balance enthusiast, I like tinkering and messing with stuff and values. Cool heads prevails !
  • LESAMA#5456LESAMA#5456 Member Registered Users Posts: 2,194
    What I don’t understand is why this isn’t posted in this forum...

Are you trolling? Seriously? It was done by CA. On Chinese Social Media. Honest to God why would it be made up.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 23,788
    Stop to personal remarks and comments folks. Discuss the thread topic, and related comments, without rancor or personal bias. Thanks.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

edited April 2021
    LESAMA said:

What I don’t understand is why this isn’t posted in this forum...

Because this forum is not run by the same CA folks as bilibili in China? And maybe because China is a new and massive market for CA that's why they're more responsive and engaged with them.
  • KoganesagaKoganesaga Registered Users Posts: 141
    Be that as it may, there's no real reason for them NOT to have posted it on other sources if they're going to post at all. All it does it indicate the favoritism and cause ire amongst the other communities. Anyone with any sore of PR knowledge knows you should never make any of your communities feel less important or less valuable, even if it's true. Case and point, so many people finding out through a chinese site that most non-chinese people probably don't know about is now a point of contention, and it could have been easily avoided by just posting the same news here. It's not like anything is lost by letting everyone know at the same time, and the strained relationship western audiences have with CA just got a little worse for this choice.
    Anyone tell by the level of community "engagement" here that TW3K has become a mere a side thought for Creative Assembly. The bulk of their resources are concentrated on WH3 or the next TW title. TW3K is passe.
    edited April 2021

CA_DrDuan is an official employee of CA who is in charge of QA and promotional material on behalf of CA for the Chinese community. Here is CA's official Chinese channel on the Chinese video sharing website BiliBili, therefore DrDuan confirming that the patch will be in two months means that it is an official announcement by CA.

https://space.bilibili.com/481431545

Therefore, going back to the OP of the thread, there will be no such thing as a "patch tomorrow" and this is OFFICIAL as this announcement was made by CA's own official member of their staff, CA_DrDuan who is the QA manager of all Chinese language promotional content for CA.

CA_DrDuan is an official employee of CA who is in charge of QA and promotional material on behalf of CA for the Chinese community. Here is CA's official Chinese channel on the Chinese video sharing website BiliBili, therefore DrDuan confirming that the patch will be in two months means that it is an official announcement by CA.

Therefore, going back to the OP of the thread, there will be no such thing as a "patch tomorrow" and this is OFFICIAL as this announcement was made by CA's own official member of their staff, CA_DrDuan who is the QA manager of all Chinese language promotional content for CA.
    I don't care. I never visited that forum and don't know that guy. I want to be told by the channels I know before I consider it legitimate.

I don't care. I never visited that forum and don't know that guy. I want to be told by the channels I know before I consider it legitimate.

You not caring or not visiting BiliBili doesn't change how CA_DrDuan is still an official employee of CA speaking out on behalf of CA when he officially announced that the patch will be in 2 months, and that there will not be a "patch tomorrow."

Lmao

There you go. It isn't a secret Chinese conspiracy theory. I hope you are happy!
  • fan3982173917524862fan3982173917524862 Registered Users Posts: 1,584

Lmao

There you go. It isn't a secret Chinese conspiracy theory. I hope you are happy!
    Why keep it a secret from western social media and reddit though? It's really confusing, it seems like CA know their chinese and korean audience is not happy with them and will give out information to quell them, but know that reddit and most people see them in a favorable light, so it's best to keep quiet about how they released a buggy patch, again, and not disclose when it's going to get a proper patch?
  • Rewan#2358Rewan#2358 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,900
    edited April 2021
    It's just the weird quirk in CA communication, I believe they actually deliberately feed information on different media and rely on the people that browse multiple medias to actually carry the information out. Basically they try to encourage cross-community-communication.

I believe we know most people opinion about that kind of stuff tho. :trollface:

My personal collection of hazardous tests and quickfixes (yes this is a link).
    Wondering why you get some traits on your characters this may give you a vague idea

Balance enthusiast, I like tinkering and messing with stuff and values. Cool heads prevails !
  • zakufa782zakufa782 Registered Users Posts: 153
    Yap, It's super weird that CA let the Chinese fans know first, but I guess that's because CA doesn't have a clear estimate time for when the patch would drop so they didn't tell the western fans.
  • JerroserJerroser Registered Users Posts: 793
    Thinking back I recall that most of the patch announcements tended to come with very little advance notice (about a week or so) so they might have figured for western audiences it would be less important to announce until it was closer. While the Chinese side of their PR team made a separate decision that they needed to give more notice of when the patch is actually coming, rather than it being a top down decision to inform one group but not another. At least that's my guess
  • Vin362#6699Vin362#6699 Registered Users Posts: 1,542

Lmao

Why keep it a secret from western social media and reddit though? It's really confusing, it seems like CA know their chinese and korean audience is not happy with them and will give out information to quell them, but know that reddit and most people see them in a favorable light, so it's best to keep quiet about how they released a buggy patch, again, and not disclose when it's going to get a proper patch?
    I stand corrected it was official, but I still stand by my skepticism always best till it is confirmed by an official source still not sure why they would wait a few days to confirm it.
    Supporter of Shu-Han, I wish Total War Three Kingdoms had a Three Kingdoms start date, rider of Kislev, admiral of The Awakened and Elector Count of Shu-Han

Lmao

Irrelevant. I want offical news. Not Chinese rumours.
This discussion has been closed.