Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

What genre of game would you most like to try with a Warhammer setting?

XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Registered Users Posts: 2,976
edited April 14 in Off Topic General
We've got Total War style and Fat Shark has us covered with team based horde action adventure. So I'm just going to name some other genres I think might fit well with a game from that genre as an example of what I mean.

Action Adventure with some RPG elements: God of War IV
Action Adventure Puzzle: Legend of Zelda
Open world first person RPG: Elder Scrolls V Skyrim
Open world story pushed RPG: The Witcher 3
Dynasty Warriors: Hyrule Warriors
Turn based Strategy RPG: Fire Emblem
Turn based JRPG: Final Fantasy III
Action JRPG: Final Fantasy XV
Point and Click Adventure: Kings Quest
First Person Shooter: Halo 3
Hero Shooter: Overwatch
MOBA: League of Legends
MMORPG: World of Warcraft
RTS: Starcraft II
Team based Boss fights: Monster Hunter World

those are just some off the top of my head. Maybe someone wants a racing game or collectathon.
Request scorched body textures, poisoned dying animations for infantry's skeletons, a blood slider that allows us to control how much blood appears in battle and make proper death animations for all ethereal units so they vanish for Blood for the Blood God 3.
Post edited by BillyRuffian on

Comments

• DrazhoaththeAshenDrazhoaththeAshen Registered Users Posts: 279

Rest well, sweet prince :'(

Keep calm and praise Hashut
    Beautiful artwork by Matt Hancox
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 22,761
    An Open World RPG like the Witcher would be my absolute dream.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Registered Users Posts: 2,976
    edited April 14
    ArneSo said:

I think Gotrek and Felix could translate well into that genre. Gives you the option of playing one or the other as the MC with the other being an AI controlled partner.
    Request scorched body textures, poisoned dying animations for infantry's skeletons, a blood slider that allows us to control how much blood appears in battle and make proper death animations for all ethereal units so they vanish for Blood for the Blood God 3.
    ceshann said:

I had no idea this existed.

ceshann said:

I'm biased, but I thought it was really good. Unfortunately the developer bit off a bit more than it could chew and made a string a bad decisions in their desperate attempt to go up against the big dog that shall not be named.

I was really active in their forum community back during development and was a big fanboy for the Disciple of Khaine. Sad to think of what could have been.

• PoorManatee6197PoorManatee6197 Registered Users Posts: 1,389
    ceshann said:

Search return of reckoning if you want to play again, its a fan server that is still active.
    #MakeDwarfsGreatAgain Josef Bugman, Thorek Ironbrow, Alrik Ranulfsson, Grimm Burloksson, Kazador Thunderhorn, Byrrnoth Grundadrakk, Malakai Makaisson, Gotrek Gurnisson, Garagrim, Dragon slayer, Deamon slayer, Doomseekers, Brotherhood of Grimnir, Giant slayers, Thunderbarge, Shieldbearer mount, Master brewer, Goblin Hewer, Norse dwarf war mammoth, Tractator engine, Rune golem, Shard dragon, proper Anvil of Doom, Ulther's dragon company, Lond Drong's slayer pirates, Everguard, Karak Varn, Karag Agrilwutraz, Silver Pinacle, Karag Dum, Karak Vlag, Kraka Dorden, Kraka Ornsmotek, Kraka Ravnsvake, Karak Vrag, Karak Azorn, Karak Krakaten.

All those missing things are grudges in the great book, is in your hand to settle them, CA. Khazukan kazakit-ha!
  • WeezheatWeezheat Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 163
    ceshann said:

This game still exists in a private server and is still super fun. Google Return of Reckoning
    ArneSo said:

It would be perfect.
    #MakeDwarfsGreatAgain Josef Bugman, Thorek Ironbrow, Alrik Ranulfsson, Grimm Burloksson, Kazador Thunderhorn, Byrrnoth Grundadrakk, Malakai Makaisson, Gotrek Gurnisson, Garagrim, Dragon slayer, Deamon slayer, Doomseekers, Brotherhood of Grimnir, Giant slayers, Thunderbarge, Shieldbearer mount, Master brewer, Goblin Hewer, Norse dwarf war mammoth, Tractator engine, Rune golem, Shard dragon, proper Anvil of Doom, Ulther's dragon company, Lond Drong's slayer pirates, Everguard, Karak Varn, Karag Agrilwutraz, Silver Pinacle, Karag Dum, Karak Vlag, Kraka Dorden, Kraka Ornsmotek, Kraka Ravnsvake, Karak Vrag, Karak Azorn, Karak Krakaten.

All those missing things are grudges in the great book, is in your hand to settle them, CA. Khazukan kazakit-ha!
  • korradokortokorradokorto Registered Users Posts: 390
    Galge obviously

Weezheat said:

ceshann said:

This game still exists in a private server and is still super fun. Google Return of Reckoning
    I have researched it, but it is one of those things where I would prefer to just remember what was. Some things in life are best left a memory, and for me WAR is one of them.

• _Mad_D0c__Mad_D0c_ Registered Users Posts: 1,477
    Open world story pushed RPG: like The Witcher 3 or
    Turn based Party RPG: like Divinity:Original Sin 2
    _Mad_D0c_ said:

Open world story pushed RPG: like The Witcher 3 or

You know I own both but never got around to playing either. My backlog is ridiculous.
  • Grom_the_PaunchGrom_the_Paunch Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 2,439

ceshann said:

That was for sure part of the problem. Personally I didn't get involved for the same reasons I didn't do WoW. I learned enough from NWN (Not the fancy new(ish) online thing. The first one. Old skoolz.)

1. I like having a life outside of video games... sometimes.
    2. I'm not fond of how people act in these MMORPG thingies. I prefer bots. They don't judge me. They don't irritate me. They don't try to flex on me. They keep their clothes on... mostly. :(
    Eating "Bombay mix" with a spoon since 2021.

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    Something like the witcher 3 but with warhammer has been a pipe dream of mine for a long time, and making Gotrek and Felix the protagonist as others have said above would be awesome.

MMORPG aren't my thing but I really enjoyed AoR back in the day and would play a similar game that let you explore all the old world without a doubt.

You didnt mention this, but Mount and blade + warhammer would be an insta buy for me, there is already a mod for warband and bannerlord has one on the way but I'm talking about a proper game.

ceshann said:

That was for sure part of the problem. Personally I didn't get involved for the same reasons I didn't do WoW. I learned enough from NWN (Not the fancy new(ish) online thing. The first one. Old skoolz.)

1. I like having a life outside of video games... sometimes.
    2. I'm not fond of how people act in these MMORPG thingies. I prefer bots. They don't judge me. They don't irritate me. They don't try to flex on me. They keep their clothes on... mostly. :(
    This is what would make a single player RPG more in the realm of Witcher 3 or Skyrim so much better. The toxicity in online communities, particularly when you inject a dose of competition into the mix, can get very very toxic. I want to enjoy the Warhammer setting absent that.

And in my old age I don't want someone else setting the pace for me.

• CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 11,660
    Squig farmer simulator.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• FungusHoundFungusHound Registered Users Posts: 5,686
    Did no one play Mordheim except me?
  • Grom_the_PaunchGrom_the_Paunch Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 2,439
    Crossil said:

Squig farmer simulator.

I need this in my life. How do I live in a world with a goat simulator, a million truck driver simulators and no squig farm simulator. This world ruins me, I swear. Heck, even just a squig herding simulator...

"Here, gobbo! Come by!" *shrill whistling*
    Eating "Bombay mix" with a spoon since 2021.

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
  • sykallsykall Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,617
    An RPG alá Witcher 3 placed within the Empire. E.g. if the player plays a witch hunter and must investigate claims of heresy.
    this allows the player to have an open world with the possibility on getting insight into personal stories of the citiziens, so great story potentials.

Alternativly an XCOM style game focussing on the Tau. E.g. playing an infiltration/spec ops unit of either the fire cast or the farsight enclaves.
    The Tau are the most inventive faction, so a focus on researching, adapting and reverse engineering. So the XCOM run of starting weak but getting better equitment and units would be well represented through them. It could be done with other 40k factions too, e.g. deathwatch, but thr Tau are my favorite for this style of game.
    Filling the white spots - 7 made-up factions to enrich the empty parts of the WFB setting
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/288418/filling-the-white-spots-7-made-up-factions-to-fill-out-the-wfb-setting
  • KoronusKoronus Registered Users Posts: 74
    A stronghold like building game.
  • Man2008kindMan2008kind Bucharest, RomaniaRegistered Users Posts: 1,569
    I'd prefer if it were more Skyrim like over The Witcher like. I can't see a Warhammer RPG where you can't chose to make your character Imperial, Bretonnian, Dwarven, High Elven, Wood Elven, Arabyan, Cathayan and so on.
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,993
    Story of Imperial Outlaw open world Witcher3-GTA combo

Did no one play Mordheim except me?

I'd prefer if it were more Skyrim like over The Witcher like. I can't see a Warhammer RPG where you can't chose to make your character Imperial, Bretonnian, Dwarven, High Elven, Wood Elven, Arabyan, Cathayan and so on.

Don't forget Argoni- err I mean Lizardmen. I want nothing more than to be a cute skink.
  • joproulx99joproulx99 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,041
    _Mad_D0c_ said:

This.

"Fear me mortals, for I am the Anointed, the favored Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall."

~ Archaon, Lord of the End Times
  • arthadawarthadaw Registered Users Posts: 501
    Horde:
    A Vermintide but against Vampire Coast/Deadfleet: Deadtide

With the group coming from each of the crew of the Grand Alliance: Empire, Sartosa/Seafarer, Dwarf (Bardin Gorekson's Daughter), High Elf and Araby against: Undead Pirate (Ghost and Undead Skaven), Vampire, Tomb King and Chaos Dwarf

Very varied possibility of mission location

Team based Boss fights:
    I don't know if I'd prefer Fantasy or AoS for it's Magical Creature and over the top Character design
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,993
    arthadaw said:

Horde:
    A Vermintide but against Vampire Coast/Deadfleet: Deadtide

With the group coming from each of the crew of the Grand Alliance: Empire, Sartosa/Seafarer, Dwarf (Bardin Gorekson's Daughter), High Elf and Araby against: Undead Pirate (Ghost and Undead Skaven), Vampire, Tomb King and Chaos Dwarf

Very varied possibility of mission location

Team based Boss fights:
    I don't know if I'd prefer Fantasy or AoS for it's Magical Creature and over the top Character design

Amen bro. I was just talking to my buddy about this; Fatshark is leaving so much money on the table by not expanding their formula into other areas of Warhammer, they could be swimming in $.

Do they not see all of us over here begging CA to let us give them our money for new content?
  • FungusHoundFungusHound Registered Users Posts: 5,686
    sykall said:

An RPG alá Witcher 3 placed within the Empire. E.g. if the player plays a witch hunter and must investigate claims of heresy.
    this allows the player to have an open world with the possibility on getting insight into personal stories of the citiziens, so great story potentials.

Alternativly an XCOM style game focussing on the Tau. E.g. playing an infiltration/spec ops unit of either the fire cast or the farsight enclaves.
    The Tau are the most inventive faction, so a focus on researching, adapting and reverse engineering. So the XCOM run of starting weak but getting better equitment and units would be well represented through them. It could be done with other 40k factions too, e.g. deathwatch, but thr Tau are my favorite for this style of game.

They have 2 xcom style games already one for fantasy, one for 40k
  • yukontherunyukontherun Registered Users Posts: 644
    Crossil said:

Squig farmer simulator.

Slime rancher is basically a cute version of this.

I'd personally would love a skyrim like game set on the warhammer world, or a 2d turn based tactics game like the banner saga. Always with a lizardmen character, of course.

• BastileanBastilean Registered Users Posts: 1,830
    Leasure Suit 'Harry' goes to the Chaos Wastes...
  • NinjipplesNinjipples Registered Users Posts: 841
    ceshann said:

Weezheat said:

ceshann said:

I have researched it, but it is one of those things where I would prefer to just remember what was. Some things in life are best left a memory, and for me WAR is one of them.
    I completely agree, it made the mistake of trying it out and it made me sad. They merged all thevpvp zones into the T4 backet so now you are completely useless up to level 40, ehich was the absolute worst part of that game where everyone would just realm hop in warband packs and never fight. Also T4 scenarios sucked because if you didn't have the best gear then you would basically just be a pet for better teammates... largely ineffective and easy to kill.

I have very fond memories of T1-T3 though.

On topic, I'd love a witcher/skyrim style open world RPG, maybe with co-op availability like neverwinner nights where the other players take up spots in your party.

I'd also really like Mordheim on PC, but to be more like xcom and less like it is now.