Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The 4 Monogods - Core Rosters & Additional Contents

2»

Comments

• Sork0100#5275Sork0100#5275 SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 111
    Great list! I only have some points to adress. Firstly I think that all chaos races should start with a greater daemon LL. I also think that the soul grinder and the chaos furies chould be avalible to all chaos gods. With that said, I wouldn't be upset if the rosters looked like this at launch.
  • Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 39,096

RamsesIII said:

Speaking of sleek and elegant, am I the only one who intensely dislikes slaangors as a concept? The other marked beastmen kinda make sense to me, but I can't reconcile a god of what's supposed to be art, beauty and perfection with a race of shoddy half human half beasts who represents primal vileness.

I actually like this about them, because they're debatably the most nuanced of the marked gors. AOS' Beasts of Chaos' battletome mentions that slaangors feel so conflicted about their indulgement in elegant, carefully made crafts that it turns into self-loathing.

But think of it this way instead: the god of excess is not such an unfitting match for the impulsive, primal beastmen.
    Beastmen enjoying perfume and art seems a pretty funny idea, I'll admit that. I guess in AoS where the material plane consistence is less important I can see it making sense. In fantasy, where do they get their crafts in the primitive beastmen society?
    Join Slaaaanesh Warband and simply take it, earn it or do Slaaanesh things for it.

Slaaaanesh should by androgynous and campy to the max. Like the DE but even freaking further. The BM getting into it is pretty darn fitting for that.
    "It's no fun fighting people weaker than you." - The Beast

"There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Disciple of the Drybrush

• Yurisusuki#2746Yurisusuki#2746 Somewhere in LustriaRegistered Users Posts: 1,366
    Amazing Job, i just disagree with Tzeench and Khorne starting LL, IMO should be Kairos Fateweaver and Skarbrand
    Gib mony plox i report u

http://www.pudim.com.br/

SALVATION

• RamsesIII#4621RamsesIII#4621 Registered Users Posts: 1,176

RamsesIII said:

Speaking of sleek and elegant, am I the only one who intensely dislikes slaangors as a concept? The other marked beastmen kinda make sense to me, but I can't reconcile a god of what's supposed to be art, beauty and perfection with a race of shoddy half human half beasts who represents primal vileness.

I actually like this about them, because they're debatably the most nuanced of the marked gors. AOS' Beasts of Chaos' battletome mentions that slaangors feel so conflicted about their indulgement in elegant, carefully made crafts that it turns into self-loathing.

But think of it this way instead: the god of excess is not such an unfitting match for the impulsive, primal beastmen.
    Beastmen enjoying perfume and art seems a pretty funny idea, I'll admit that. I guess in AoS where the material plane consistence is less important I can see it making sense. In fantasy, where do they get their crafts in the primitive beastmen society?
    They get it from raiding towns and attacking merchants, probably. I think the way it's explained in AoS feels pretty consistent honestly, especially when you consider that in AoS marked gors are looked down upon by the others (respecting/praising the dark gods is fine, but not when you dedicate fully to one and let it get in the way of what's really important, pure chaos itself and not the whims of a god) and considered weak, so slaangors don't really need to get much approval from the rest of the beastmen because they're not gonna get it.
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 5,180
    I like to think that some Slaangors are drawn so obsessively by some crafts they start to do it themselves. Of course they'd hate themselves and it for indulging themselves in such unatural practices, but I find the idea of a Slaangor painting or sewing clothes, despite all his instincts, particularly interesting
  • HeresyHoundHeresyHound Registered Users Posts: 8,285
    Maelas said:

I like to think that some Slaangors are drawn so obsessively by some crafts they start to do it themselves. Of course they'd hate themselves and it for indulging themselves in such unatural practices, but I find the idea of a Slaangor painting or sewing clothes, despite all his instincts, particularly interesting

I think it would be interesting to extend that to all the marked gors where they are torn between what the god inflected nature compels them to do warring with beastmen instincts and ideology.

Tzaangors wanting to learn every scrap of knowledge and study magic but also feeling compelled to destroy such that which they want to learn from.

Khorngors wanting to perfect weapons and armor but are usually unable to to complete anything because they fly into a rage from their warring nature.

Pestigors... Pestigors are just happy to be there. Nurgle wouldn't be cruel to his little buddies when there is bloodbowl to play.

• MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 5,180

<
    I think it would be interesting to extend that to all the marked gors where they are torn between what the god inflected nature compels them to do warring with beastmen instincts and ideology.

I entirely agree, it's an amazing direction for marked gors, it allow a lot of cool stories and lore and make gors more complex, sympathetic and compelling, while keeping both the grimdark, nobody win aspect and the fact that beastmen always get the short end of the chaos stick.

Khorngors could even have a warped sense of honor, going old-school Khorne, fighting against their natural brutal instinct to have a fair fight.

Of course, Pestigors are just living their best digusting life, like every follower of dear old Nurgle.
  • RockNRolla92RockNRolla92 Registered Users Posts: 2,291

What do you think about this? 🤔

It does kinda look like that's the little chess piece for the LL's doesn't it. Considering Katarin and what looks to be the dragon emperors piece. I feel like it would be odd not having Skarbrand as the main LL but hey I suppose we will find out.

It's hard with trailers because they often take a bit of artistic liberty and maybe doing a bloodthirster chess piece was a bit too much effort
  • elkappelkapp Registered Users Posts: 1,237
    Really great job. That was definitely a good (and long) list. Also gj for making images for plebs like me that don't know the TT's units.

The only issue i have with it is that you went a bit too much balls deep with variants, which on a gameplay perspective will probably make a lot of units effectively unused save for 1 or 2 specific situations in QB where a cost/risk calculation might reward slightly a less popular variant.
    Technically there's the melee infantry issue that's worse gameplay-wise than the "SaS/dual/GW" spam, but i would feel like the supreme clown criticizing a player for a game design issue (expecially since those rosters make sense lorewise).
    Someone (I forget who) was saying how BM in AoS reject the Chaos gods specifically because they're not chaotic. They do not represent true anarchy.

It sort of gives them the best Chaos story. While Mortals seek Chaos for power BM don't, they can get trapped and dedicated to a god but they specifically do not want to. They just want to defefate on everything. Adds an interesting dynamic where humans are a bit more "lol gimmi power".

"There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Disciple of the Drybrush

• DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 11,388
    edited April 2021
    A couple of things that would assist in assessing this:

First, in the various Units//Mounts//RoRs lists under DLCs, it'd be useful to break them down in order to split up which is which. Looking at those lists, it really feels like there's about two lord packs worth of units and it just looks like a lot because the RoRs haven't been differentiated from units. While there are cases of things that we'd normally expect to be RoRs coming as full units instead (Silverin Guard), it's definitely an exception rather than the rule. So it'd be useful to see which is which.

Second... citations? Not just out of a general sense of wanting to know where things came from - there are definite cases there of things being double-counted due to the same concept having a different name between different editions. For instance, Firewyrms of Tzeentch WERE the Tzeentch Spawn of 6E, 6E just gave the god-marked Chaos Spawn special names. You can see this in the rules: a "Firewyrm of Tzeentch" in 6E gains the same benefit (breath attack) as an 8E spawn gets from the Mark of Tzeentch.

Similar comments apply to Bloodbeasts of Khorne versus Khorne Spawn, and "Fiends of Slaanesh" versus Slaanesh Spawn (know where that came from? 6E really gave Chaos the short straw, with GW trying to trim the list by deleting some of the 40mm base varieties of daemons and using the names for marked Chaos Spawn instead, in a bit of an effort to deflect anger by making those miniatures still usable to represent Chaos Spawn. That's why 6E Slaanesh Spawn share a name with Fiends. Something similar was attempted with Beasts of Nurgle as well.)

So knowing where things are from can help to filter out some of these "same unit updated to a new edition and renamed" issues. Unless we're going to start claiming that Dark Elves need Dark Elf Warriors with Repeater Crossbows as well as Darkshards.
  • ScreamimgEnvyScreamimgEnvy Registered Users Posts: 912
    Ludbone said:

EXAMPLE OF MONOGOD LORD PACK - "THE BEASTS OF KHORNE"

Special thanks to @ScreamimgEnvy for the idea.
    • LL - Skaarac the Bloodborn
    • LH - Scyla Anfingrimm
    • Melee Lord - Khorngor Champion
    • Hybrid Lord - Blood Stoker // Khorne Beastmaster
    • Melee Hero - Exhalted Deathbringer
    • Melee Infantry - Khorngors
    • Monstrous Infantry - Khorgoraths
    • Monster - Beast of Khorne
    • FLC LL - Vorgaroth & Skalok

Thank you for having tagged me!

Anyway yours are the best and most complete lists up to date. Awesome work!

I can already foresee the 2-3 Lord Packs each Monos will get.

Just a question:

- Have you already in mind another LP? I loved how you made "The Beasts of Khorne" LP.
    Team Monogods - #JusticeForTzeentch

• ScreamimgEnvyScreamimgEnvy Registered Users Posts: 912

Rewatched the trailer and that's one of the heads common Bloodletters have. CA probably choose it to not spoil what LL Khorne will get. Strange choice btw...

However the connection with U'Zhul is solid.
    Team Monogods - #JusticeForTzeentch

• Chocolate_RainChocolate_Rain Registered Users Posts: 1,057

Rewatched the trailer and that's one of the heads common Bloodletters have. CA probably choose it to not spoil what LL Khorne will get. Strange choice btw...

Hmmmm you're right. I wouldn't be surprised if CA drops a curveball and reveals Valkia as core LL. I still think Skarbrand should be an FLC due to...he's the "Exiled One"...
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 11,388
    edited April 2021

Hmmmm you're right. I wouldn't be surprised if CA drops a curveball and reveals Valkia as core LL. I still think Skarbrand should be an FLC due to...he's the "Exiled One"...
    I'd probably make Skarbrand paid DLC if I was in charge, actually. Reason being that his 'exiled' status gives him a strong potential to have a narrative where he doesn't care about the general Khorne narrative, he's just doing his own thing. Maybe looking for something that will restore his mind and give him enough power for a rematch.
    Draxynnic said:

A couple of things that would assist in assessing this:

First, in the various Units//Mounts//RoRs lists under DLCs, it'd be useful to break them down in order to split up which is which. Looking at those lists, it really feels like there's about two lord packs worth of units and it just looks like a lot because the RoRs haven't been differentiated from units. While there are cases of things that we'd normally expect to be RoRs coming as full units instead (Silverin Guard), it's definitely an exception rather than the rule. So it'd be useful to see which is which.

Second... citations? Not just out of a general sense of wanting to know where things came from - there are definite cases there of things being double-counted due to the same concept having a different name between different editions. For instance, Firewyrms of Tzeentch WERE the Tzeentch Spawn of 6E, 6E just gave the god-marked Chaos Spawn special names. You can see this in the rules: a "Firewyrm of Tzeentch" in 6E gains the same benefit (breath attack) as an 8E spawn gets from the Mark of Tzeentch.

Similar comments apply to Bloodbeasts of Khorne versus Khorne Spawn, and "Fiends of Slaanesh" versus Slaanesh Spawn (know where that came from? 6E really gave Chaos the short straw, with GW trying to trim the list by deleting some of the 40mm base varieties of daemons and using the names for marked Chaos Spawn instead, in a bit of an effort to deflect anger by making those miniatures still usable to represent Chaos Spawn. That's why 6E Slaanesh Spawn share a name with Fiends. Something similar was attempted with Beasts of Nurgle as well.)

So knowing where things are from can help to filter out some of these "same unit updated to a new edition and renamed" issues. Unless we're going to start claiming that Dark Elves need Dark Elf Warriors with Repeater Crossbows as well as Darkshards.

I'm always impressed by your encyclopedic like Warhammer Knowledge.

Forum Terms & Conditions

• LudboneLudbone Registered Users Posts: 2,167

Ludbone said:

EXAMPLE OF MONOGOD LORD PACK - "THE BEASTS OF KHORNE"

Special thanks to @ScreamimgEnvy for the idea.
    • LL - Skaarac the Bloodborn
    • LH - Scyla Anfingrimm
    • Melee Lord - Khorngor Champion
    • Hybrid Lord - Blood Stoker // Khorne Beastmaster
    • Melee Hero - Exhalted Deathbringer
    • Melee Infantry - Khorngors
    • Monstrous Infantry - Khorgoraths
    • Monster - Beast of Khorne
    • FLC LL - Vorgaroth & Skalok

Thank you for having tagged me!

Anyway yours are the best and most complete lists up to date. Awesome work!

I can already foresee the 2-3 Lord Packs each Monos will get.

Just a question:

- Have you already in mind another LP? I loved how you made "The Beasts of Khorne" LP.

The most wanted Khorne's DLC is definitely the one that will add Valkia the Bloody to the Game (if she's not already present as Core LL; we don't know yet)
    Valkia's addition makes a free access to many not-specifically related units, like daemons, mortals and daemonized mortals.
    Basically a Free-4-All. . . even if Valkia would have 3 specific things. . .
    • Daemon Prince of Khorne
    • Brass Sisters
    • Goremongers // Valkia's Veterans

#JusticeForTzeentch #NoMoreRecoloredModels #NoMoreCopyPastedUnits

Bies said:

what about her :)

Interesting. She reminds me a female Lifeleecher. That could be pretty interesting as one of the Lifeleecher's variants, maybe with a different role of magic too.

• GodWillTellGodWillTell Registered Users Posts: 1,148
    Bro! There's so much passion behind this!!
    The best Monogods related thread i've seen here and the best lists.

Damn i'm already hyped to see the 2 or 3 LP's each God will get!

• GodWillTellGodWillTell Registered Users Posts: 1,148
    EDIT. Standing ovation for both Tzeentch and Slaanesh!!

I've never seen such good lists here. Most of the users came up with the idea of adding several fanmade units or copy/pasting DE in order to create their rosters.

EDIT. Standing ovation for both Tzeentch and Slaanesh!!

I've never seen such good lists here. Most of the users came up with the idea of adding several fanmade units or copy/pasting DE in order to create their rosters.

Ha Ha Ha! Thx buddy.