Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Can't start game unless in offline mode

sammme2sammme2 Registered Users Posts: 2
I was been able to play for 50+ hours with no problems at all but recently my game started crashing at the first loading screen when you launch it.

I've scraped the internet for fixes and tried everything i can find. (Different directX, Admin mode, reinstalling, validating files, turned off cloud saves then removed all files and reinstalled, etc.).

Nothing i've tried work except: When i turn on offline mode on steam i can launch the game without any problems.

Does anyone know what could cause this or how to fix it? I want to be able to play coop with my friends again.

Comments

• hentymanhentyman Registered Users Posts: 3
    Hey there, having the same issue that you listed where the game crashes in the menus unless Steam is in offline mode.

Did you ever manage to find a fix?
  • sammme2sammme2 Registered Users Posts: 2
    hentyman said:

Hey there, having the same issue that you listed where the game crashes in the menus unless Steam is in offline mode.

Did you ever manage to find a fix?

I did get it to work. The last thing i did was, I logged in on my second steam account and used family share to launch the game from that account. That account worked without crashing, i then logged back into my main account and manually corupted the cloud files (There are youtube tutorials) and replaced them with the ones on my second account. After that it has worked for me without crashing.
  • JuicyPearJuicyPear Registered Users Posts: 3
    I've posted this in a few threads now but make sure there's no emojis in your steam name, I think it crashes when it connects to the servers and doesn't like them in your username

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file