Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Denuvo updated on SteamDB, maybe future removal?

IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 3,608
edited April 21 in Off Topic General

One can hope! It is proven that it reduces FPS and gets pirated anyways so nobody wins and the company and the user both lose. The only one who earns money is Denuvo.
*Justice and CONFEDERATION for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast!
*Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
*Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
*Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!

If you are not liking the new races/game:
Then don't buy it you dummy, who forces you to buy it or write here? just shut up and move on with your life and other games.

Post edited by dge1 on

Comments

• CyresdogCyresdog Registered Users Posts: 629
    https://www.techpowerup.com/255482/sega-confirms-intention-to-keep-using-denuvo-on-its-new-releases

This is an older post by them, but the newest i was able to find on that statement.
    Usually when a deal between 2 big companies like SEGA and Denuvo would come to a stop there would be news about it.

I hope they just remove the Denuvo DRM after a few weeks of launch.
    Not only is it the most user unfriendly DRM out there, it is also one of the easiest to crack.
  • ROMOBOYROMOBOY Registered Users Posts: 3,960
    Gosh I hope so! This game needs any optimization it can get.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Cathay > Chaos Dwarfs = Pain

• CyresdogCyresdog Registered Users Posts: 629
    Realistically speaking, the answer is most likely no.
    Not enough public outcry. We would need a scenario like Rage 2 had when it announced it uses denuvo.
  • IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 3,608
    Cyresdog said:

Realistically speaking, the answer is most likely no.
    Not enough public outcry. We would need a scenario like Rage 2 had when it announced it uses denuvo.

Or someone who can make a test between a non denuvo and denuvo WH2. Don-t know how to tho.
    *Justice and CONFEDERATION for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast!
    *Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
    *Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
    *Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!

If you are not liking the new races/game:
    Then don't buy it you dummy, who forces you to buy it or write here? just shut up and move on with your life and other games.

• XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Registered Users Posts: 2,891
    edited April 20
    it wont go away. You have to understand the people who make these decisions aren't gamers. They don't even like video games. They're overpaid suits and I'm not exaggerating when I say anyone of you could do as good of a job as them.

All they care about is strutting into their next board meeting holding up some chart them made on powerpoint the day before and kissing the ass of old men who end up the executives. "Sir we can guarantee that Denuvo has saved the company at least a bajillion dollars!"

Its even worse with Japanese companies, the executives are deified by the the managers. The executives don't care either. They're too busy enjoying being rich to actually care. The extent of their analysis for cooperate health is "Line Red and DOWN or Black and Up?!"
    Request scorched body textures, poisoned dying animations for infantry's skeletons, a blood slider that allows us to control how much blood appears in battle and make proper death animations for all ethereal units so they vanish for Blood for the Blood God 3.
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 10,674
    They'll never remove it since it protects every update from being pirated.

They most likely updated Denuvo for an upcoming content, probably for the Skull for the Skull Throne event. Last time Denuvo branch has been updated was a few days before Rakarth got confirmed.

• Rubz2293Rubz2293 Registered Users Posts: 390
    Neodeinos said:

They'll never remove it since it protects every update from being pirated.

They most likely updated Denuvo for an upcoming content, probably for the Skull for the Skull Throne event. Last time Denuvo branch has been updated was a few days before Rakarth got confirmed.

Could they remove Denovu say 2-3 months after the last update for WH2? As a sort of goodbye gift..

I assume the last updated version would be pirated 2 months after release.
  • YurisusukiYurisusuki Somewhere in LustriaRegistered Users Posts: 299
    Anti Piracy its not exactly to avoid piracy, but to delay the more time possible, i remember when some years ago Attila was basicaly impossible to crack, the time they took to crack the game is important.
    edited April 20

Anti Piracy its not exactly to avoid piracy, but to delay the more time possible, i remember when some years ago Attila was basicaly impossible to crack, the time they took to crack the game is important.

reminder: there is no data, or evidence of any kind that either DRM mitigates lost sales or that piracy results in lost sales.
    Request scorched body textures, poisoned dying animations for infantry's skeletons, a blood slider that allows us to control how much blood appears in battle and make proper death animations for all ethereal units so they vanish for Blood for the Blood God 3.
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 10,674

reminder: there is no data, or evidence of any kind that either DRM mitigates lost sales or that piracy results in lost sales.
    Do you think CA or SEGA (depending whose decision it is) will care ? A DRM is always worth it as long as it delays the sales of a product. Most of the sales happen around the release.

• YurisusukiYurisusuki Somewhere in LustriaRegistered Users Posts: 299

If i remember well, i think some Hitman game was cracked BEFORE the launch, and the company lost tons of money because of it, but i agree that there's not enough data to prove if anti piracy avoid or not piracy, because what make people pirate something its the point.

For example i WILL download a pirated version of the 3 dragon ages, because i bought them on Ps3 only to discover that the last DLC of Dragon Age inquisition was only for ps4, so i refuse to pay again.

But i will gladly pay again for Civilization IV..so maybe companies need to look more to what make people use pirated versions(Not looking for the money side of thing) instead of avoid piracy using denuvo and things like that.
    Neodeinos said:

Do you think CA or SEGA (depending whose decision it is) will care ? A DRM is always worth it as long as it delays the sales of a product. Most of the sales happen around the release.
    the idea that there is any significant portion of their customer base that even knows how to pirate a game is laughable. If anything I know people who refuse to buy games with DRM in them, especially Denuvo. Those are actual lost sales.

To think someone who is going to pirate the game would otherwise pay for it if that option wasn't there just doesn't hold water.

I streamed Legend today on one of those chinese sites and watched it with my Mom. If those sites didn't exist... ask me if I was going to pay 4 dollars to watch a 40 year old movie.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 21,690
    Not a WH content discussion. Moved to Off Topic.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.