Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

What race/faction you are according to the warhammer world similarity with our own world?

Comments

• User_ClueUser_Clue Registered Users Posts: 649
    I guess I'd be a Dark Elf corsair from somewhere near Quintex, but my Black arc is currently docked in L'anguille.
    "Daemons are abroad again, and the servants of the foul gods march south with the storm at their backs. But as the winds of magic stir, other powers rise to contest it.
    I have seen the Lady, my brothers. She came to me from the waters and told me of the trials to come. This is why I call you here, so that her summons may be answered. I call Errantry, a crusade to strike at the heart of the new darkness"

-- The Lionhearted
  • NeoYasNeoYas Registered Users Posts: 885

I either don't exist, am some form of sea monster, or am part of an (as of yet) undiscovered series of islands.

This is as I live in New Zealand and like many real world maps, the WH world maps completely ignore us.

Then you are from Lumbria.

• Warlord_Lu_BuWarlord_Lu_Bu Registered Users Posts: 2,768
    They would expect me to be one of the Hung... but I see my self more as an Ogre. I'll be your body guard, if you feed me well :)
    "I am the punishment of Tengri, if you had not sinned, he would not have sent me against you." - Chenghis Khan Temujin
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 27,693
    I'm from the part of the WHFB world so scary the map makers pretend we don't exist.

We comin for you boy.
    Hyped for TWW3.

CA! Cathay has the most potential of any race in TWW by far. More A+ material to design a race from than any other. You can make Cathay the best race in TWW history. I bolieve in you!
  • AbmongAbmong Registered Users Posts: 2,731
    edited April 22
    mdgh1991 said:

No middle east in the warhammer world,

Araby? Badlands? Land of the Dead? Darklands too possibly counts.

Post edited by Abmong on
    Something tells me this comment will get a Disagree
  • NinjipplesNinjipples Registered Users Posts: 842
    edited April 22
    Kiwi123 said:

I either don't exist, am some form of sea monster, or am part of an (as of yet) undiscovered series of islands.

This is as I live in New Zealand and like many real world maps, the WH world maps completely ignore us.

No way, where in NZ???
    Auckland
    NeoYas said:

NZ is too far south to be Lumbria
  • EmeraldThanatosEmeraldThanatos Registered Users Posts: 2,365
    I'm from the FREE city of Marienburg.
    Ranking of all Total War games I've played:
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Shogun 2
    3. Warhammer
    4. Medieval 2
    5. Thrones
    6. Attila
    7. Rome 2
    8. Napoleon
    9. Empire
    10. Troy (haven't actually played it, I'm just still salty)

• BilltheConquerorBilltheConqueror Registered Users Posts: 22
    Currently Nippon. Funny how they just used the real name lol

Originally Albion
  • Kiwi123Kiwi123 Registered Users Posts: 634

Kiwi123 said:

No way, where in NZ???
    Auckland
    NeoYas said:

Dunedin
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 22,813
    I’m a man of the Empire. But not one of those soft southerners, no! I’m from the North. Either Salzenmund or Middenheim geographically depending on how you interpret it.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
    Kiwi123 said:

Kiwi123 said:

No way, where in NZ???
    Auckland
    NeoYas said:

Dunedin
    I liked Dunedin when I was there. City has a very European touch.
  • DainDain Registered Users Posts: 114
    Tilean, probably near Miragliano.

But I live in the ocean directly west of Albion🤣
  • CosmikNoiseCosmikNoise Registered Users Posts: 70
    I joined a raid party on North Albion a few years ago. Had to deal with a wee sea dragon whilst mighty hairy cows were staring at me. Got from that loot a cool kind of skirt.
    When drifted I came back safely to Estalia to guard the North Pass from Bretonnian invasor forces and nasty horned beasts.

Currently waiting for a new DLC to get a new skin and someone to serve once again if coins are abundant.
  • MagicspookMagicspook Registered Users Posts: 778

I'm from the FREE city of Marienburg.

Eeeey tik 'm an!
  • MagicspookMagicspook Registered Users Posts: 778
    Abmong said:

mdgh1991 said:

No middle east in the warhammer world,

Araby? Badlands? Land of the Dead? Darklands too possibly counts.

Dude did you just say that marocco and algeria are in the middle-east?
  • TheWattmanTheWattman Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 711
    Just thought about it, the only people who would be proper Ulthuan High Elves would be people from either Bermuda or the Azores. Gonna be hard to find them here.
  • KuntingWarriorKuntingWarrior Registered Users Posts: 2,906
    North-east Albion, close to Nakai in body and spirit.

Just thought about it, the only people who would be proper Ulthuan High Elves would be people from either Bermuda or the Azores. Gonna be hard to find them here.

High Elves are supposed to be British aristocrats living on Atlantis.

I joined a raid party on North Albion a few years ago. Had to deal with a wee sea dragon whilst mighty hairy cows were staring at me. Got from that loot a cool kind of skirt.
    When drifted I came back safely to Estalia to guard the North Pass from Bretonnian invasor forces and nasty horned beasts.

Currently waiting for a new DLC to get a new skin and someone to serve once again if coins are abundant.

How much to steal the krabby patty formula from Bill Gates?
  • sykallsykall Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,747
    Somewhere in the empire I guess, though it is hard to pinpoint the equivalent locations to central europe. Its based on the holy roman empire after all, which was known to be a mess and all over the place.

Are the netherlands and belgium marienburg or nordland? Where chezchia? Not were warhammers praaag lies, thats for sure.
    Maybe Ostermark? Is poland a total part of kislev or does it already start in ostland? Where are Austria and the switzerland? Averland and Solland maybe? Or are the grey mountain dwarfs switzerland?

So all I can guess for me is somewhere in the empire, probably somewhere between Westerland, Middenland and Nordland. So maybe Lauerlorn Forest? Or shall that be Luxembourg? Or is Luxenbourg part of the Westerlands too?
    Filling the white spots - 7 made-up factions to enrich the empty parts of the WFB setting
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/288418/filling-the-white-spots-7-made-up-factions-to-fill-out-the-wfb-setting
    edited April 22
    Reeks said:

I am from the sea.....as my tiny country is not showcased in the wh world.

My ancestors were vikings tho so i'l go with norscan raider.

Hint: we once took thw feeble island of Albion for our own.

FOR RAGNAR!

FOR VALHALLA!

You are lucky we weren't prepared boyo.

On a side note, Harold Godwinson would of rekt William in a street fight.
  • DeadpoolSWDeadpoolSW Registered Users Posts: 2,667
    Albion, north-east of Konquata (roughly).
    Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Ogre Kingdoms, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind, Khuresh & the Hobgoblin Khanate!
    edited April 22
    sykall said:

Somewhere in the empire I guess, though it is hard to pinpoint the equivalent locations to central europe. Its based on the holy roman empire after all, which was known to be a mess and all over the place.

Are the netherlands and belgium marienburg or nordland? Where chezchia? Not were warhammers praaag lies, thats for sure.
    Maybe Ostermark? Is poland a total part of kislev or does it already start in ostland? Where are Austria and the switzerland? Averland and Solland maybe? Or are the grey mountain dwarfs switzerland?

So all I can guess for me is somewhere in the empire, probably somewhere between Westerland, Middenland and Nordland. So maybe Lauerlorn Forest? Or shall that be Luxembourg? Or is Luxenbourg part of the Westerlands too?

I think geographically the Empire is more based on modern day Germany and all the Bundesländer. All the Slavic parts of the HRE are rolled into Kislev I guess, hence Praag.

Nordland = Schleswig-Holstein
    Ostland = Mecklenburg-Vorpommern
    Ostermark = Brandenburg & Saxony
    Middenland = Lower Saxony
    Hochland = Saxony-Anhalt
    Reikland = Nordrhein-Westfalen
    Wissenland = Rheinland-Pfalz
    Averland = Baden-Württemberg
    Stirland & the Moot = Bavaria
    Solland = Saarland
    Talabecland = Hesse & Thuringia

• LoreguyLoreguy Registered Users Posts: 708
    Some GW Joker put Praag in the middle of nothing instead near Empire borders :/

Kislev. With strong Empire touch.
    Loreguy said:

Some GW Joker put Praag in the middle of nothing instead near Empire borders :/

Kislev. With strong Empire touch.

The city of Praag can be moved around on giant rollers just like the one in real life.
  • albafrezzealbafrezze Registered Users Posts: 22
    i live in france lyon so lyonesse bretonia ?
  • Man2008kindMan2008kind Bucharest, RomaniaRegistered Users Posts: 1,636

Almost all latinamerica and part of Africa are represented by Lizardmen, that is a huge terrain that could have more potential races, but sadly, it didn't happen.

Amazons? Pygmies?
  • Man2008kindMan2008kind Bucharest, RomaniaRegistered Users Posts: 1,636
    I'm romanian and live on the South-Eastern side of the Carpathians (World's Edge Mountains) so I guess I'm a Border Prince. Bucharest should be Akendorf.
  • sykallsykall Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,747
    edited April 22
    ArneSo said:

sykall said:

I think geographically the Empire is more based on modern day Germany and all the Bundesländer. All the Slavic parts of the HRE are rolled into Kislev I guess, hence Praag.

Nordland = Schleswig-Holstein
    Ostland = Mecklenburg-Vorpommern
    Ostermark = Brandenburg & Saxony
    Middenland = Lower Saxony
    Hochland = Saxony-Anhalt
    Reikland = Nordrhein-Westfalen
    Wissenland = Rheinland-Pfalz
    Averland = Baden-Württemberg
    Stirland & the Moot = Bavaria
    Solland = Saarland
    Talabecland = Hesse & Thuringia

This does not fit, if we are talking about geophraical similarities. E.g. lower saxony has a huge coastline, and its inhabitatns there there have closer ties to the netherlands then to the people living in the central harz or elsewhere in southern lower saxony, historicaly speaking.

Also the empire of warhammer is not based on modern germany, but on the medival holy roman empire, which included at some point: Austria, Bohemia (Czechia and Slowakia), parts of modern day Poland, the entirety of the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland, nothern Italy and more.
    But as feudalsim makes everything complicated it is also difficult to determine which parts were de jure or de facto part of the HRR. Anyway, the HRR was a hot mess of a country and covered terriotory all over central europe. So the empire provines in Warhammer are much more likley to correspond with any of these HRE terrirories, than with modern germany.

E.g. I often think, that Poland, or at least the terriotories hold by the HRR during medieval periods, fit Ostland quite well, whereas Ostermark fits bohemia the best in geopgraphical terms, with Mordheim as one of the wealthiest cities of the empire (before its destruction) fitting HRR Prag well.
    Reikland would then be the Rheinland or rather the rhine bassin (so the geoprahical regions around the river). In medival times the Rhine bassin was the richest part of the HRE, place of coroniation of its first kings and emperors. So that fits quite well. But in the HRE this region incorperatied not only NRW but also Rheinlad-Pflaz, part of belgium and the Elsass and more.
    And Marienburg appears to symbolize the medival flemish and friesan trade cities, with the rest of the Westerlands containing the other parts of the coastlands.
    But as I said it is hard to pinpoint the exact equivalencies, due to the Empire being a distorted HRE.
    Filling the white spots - 7 made-up factions to enrich the empty parts of the WFB setting
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/288418/filling-the-white-spots-7-made-up-factions-to-fill-out-the-wfb-setting

I'm romanian and live on the South-Eastern side of the Carpathians (World's Edge Mountains) so I guess I'm a Border Prince. Bucharest should be Akendorf.

Nah mate you are a „bloody“ Sylvanian. Please don’t bite me. 😅