Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Rome Remastered is finally out

Bonutz#3949Bonutz#3949 Registered Users Posts: 5,763
edited May 2021 in Total War General Chat
Which means we can finally move onto Warhammer 3 news!

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I’m all out of bubblegum.
Post edited by dge1 on

Comments

• Bies#4376Bies#4376 Junior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 5,847
    soon

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

• Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 38,054
    Yeah CA already wasted way to much time for that game most people don’t care about anyways. Hope they will go back to WH3 next week.

It’s time for news.
    Summon the Elector Counts!
  • Goatforce#6625Goatforce#6625 Registered Users Posts: 8,467
    Next week, just saying....

On first light of the 6th of May (depending on time zone), look to youtube!
  • aMint1#4859aMint1#4859 Registered Users Posts: 1,255
    ArneSo said:

Yeah CA already wasted way to much time for that game most people don’t care about anyways. Hope they will go back to WH3 next week.

It’s time for news.

Bit disrespectful. Plenty of people are excited about it even if idgaf. Only time I've seen the reddit be anything other than a Warhammer sub. We'll get our fix soon enough. Probably not this coming week.
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 38,054
    Goatforce said:

Next week, just saying....

On first light of the 6th of May (depending on time zone), look to youtube!

• makar55makar55 Registered Users Posts: 2,955
    17K people playing, I guess in the future there will be more remasters and less SAGA games.
    makar55 said:

17K people playing, I guess in the future there will be more remasters and less SAGA games.

It’s release day. Give it a week.
  • saweendra#3399saweendra#3399 Registered Users Posts: 19,566
    makar55 said:

only 17 k on release yikes. seems like the misinformation YT won

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

aMint1 said:

ArneSo said:

It’s time for news.

Bit disrespectful. Plenty of people are excited about it even if idgaf. Only time I've seen the reddit be anything other than a Warhammer sub. We'll get our fix soon enough. Probably not this coming week.
    I wouldn’t call it “plenty” tho. 17k is pretty low for release day.
    saweendra said:

makar55 said:

Yeah it’s a pretty low number for release day. Reviews are also mediocre.
  • mewade44#6520mewade44#6520 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,087
    Everyone's like yay...same campaign I played a million times years ago but looks a little better....yay...
  • saweendra#3399saweendra#3399 Registered Users Posts: 19,566
    ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

makar55 said:

sad because this mean it loose support qiucker the whole misinformation YT going on about not remastering Ai enough, but in reality it seems feral is actually looking in to it, currently and might see it improved with future patches

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

saweendra said:

ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

makar55 said:

sad because this mean it loose support qiucker the whole misinformation YT going on about not remastering Ai enough, but in reality it seems feral is actually looking in to it, currently and might see it improved with future patches
    I hope it does. In my opinion Remasters are a cancer to the gaming industry and a waste of effort. CA shouldn’t waste more time on it and focus on real games like WH, Troy and 3K.

But yeah let’s not turn this into a business discussion otherwise the thread gets moved or closed.

So yeah, happy that WH3 is next!
  • Djau#5149Djau#5149 Registered Users Posts: 12,172
    edited April 2021
    aMint1 said:

ArneSo said:

It’s time for news.

I dunno, I think its gonna be early May. We're already waited significantly more time post-trailer for the first bit of news than any previous Total War game....and we don't have a lot of time to show stuff off, given that Three Kingdoms and Troy are likely going to get some attention during WH3's marketing period.
    ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

makar55 said:

I hope it does. In my opinion Remasters are a cancer to the gaming industry and a waste of effort. CA shouldn’t waste more time on it and focus on real games like WH, Troy and 3K.

But yeah let’s not turn this into a business discussion otherwise the thread gets moved or closed.

So yeah, happy that WH3 is next!
    Remasters are great...theres many legitimately unplayable games right now that deserve to come back.

Its the age of some games that are remastered that is the problem.

• IamNotArobot#8850IamNotArobot#8850 Registered Users Posts: 5,758
    People confuse remaster with remake, listen to a song without mastering and then with a remaster and you’ll barely hear the difference. A remake is a completely new sound for the same song.
    *Justice, cats and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.
    *Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
    *Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
    *Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!
    *Bring back settlement conquering artworks!
    *Gnoblar Carpet for Greesus
    *Improve UI

Amonkhet said:

aMint1 said:

ArneSo said:

It’s time for news.

I dunno, I think its gonna be early May. We're already waited significantly more time post-trailer for the first bit of news than any previous Total War game....and we don't have a lot of time to show stuff off, given that Three Kingdoms and Troy are likely going to get some attention during WH3's marketing period.
    Pretty much this. CA can’t waste any more time at this point. Every week counts.

Especially since Troy and 3k will likely take another month together for their next DLCs.
  • Jman5#8318Jman5#8318 Registered Users Posts: 2,165
    ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

makar55 said:

For a remaster, it's probably not too bad. They don't take nearly as much money to make as a brand new game.
  • Rasmus242Rasmus242 Registered Users Posts: 690
    They already said May for WH3 news. Also chances are they did the Rome remaster because it was easy to slap a slightly new coat of paint + update the controls especially when the mobile port studio could handle it. Not every remaster is trying to be a remake.
  • Neodeinos#5871Neodeinos#5871 Registered Users Posts: 16,106
    I guess we got the Rome remaster so the whole crowd of "we've never had a historical title since Rome 2" can shut up.
  • Mr_Finley7#4571Mr_Finley7#4571 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,417
    ArneSo said:

It’s time for news.

It’s ToB all over again, only it’s not even a new game this time

ArneSo said:

It’s time for news.

It’s ToB all over again, only it’s not even a new game this time
    ToB was at least a new game and actually quite fun. Same for Troy. Rome Re is just a remastered. Waiting with WH3 news until it’s released makes just no sense since both games have entirely different target groups.
  • Mazisky#3267Mazisky#3267 Registered Users Posts: 1,232
    edited April 2021
    Remasters or remakes make sense when there is no equivalent of a good old game.

For example, remake of Xcom or remaster of Age of empires are great because they filled that genre gap in the modern market.

A remaster of an old Total War is nonsense since there are like 5 or 6 modern Total Wars avaiable which offer even more content than the old game.

It's like remastering Civilizaton 4 when 5 and 6 exist. nonsense
    Mazisky said:

For example, remake of Xcom or remaster of Age of empires are great because they filled that genre gap in the modern market.

A remaster of an old Total War is nonsense since there are like 5 or 6 modern Total Wars avaiable which offer even more content than the old game.

Pretty much this.

I came to WH from Historic TW and Rome 2 is still my favourite TW game. I really love the era and everything about it. But when I wanna play a TW set in that era, I just play Rome 2 which is better than Rome 1 in literally every single aspect.

I actually still play it from time to time. Just finished a Samnites campaign in RotR around December and it was great again.

So why should I bother with Rome Re when I can just play Rome 2? Seems pointless to me.
  • PoorManatee6197#6481PoorManatee6197#6481 Registered Users Posts: 2,601
    Mazisky said:

ArneSo said:

Mazisky said:

Pretty much this.

I came to WH from Historic TW and Rome 2 is still my favourite TW game. I really love the era and everything about it. But when I wanna play a TW set in that era, I just play Rome 2 which is better than Rome 1 in literally every single aspect.

I actually still play it from time to time. Just finished a Samnites campaign in RotR around December and it was great again.

So why should I bother with Rome Re when I can just play Rome 2? Seems pointless to me.
    Remasters and remakes make sense when a game is old and hard to get in, in this case rome 1 doesnt work well in modern computers so remastering it makes sense for those who want to play it.

By that logic remakes of resident evil 1 and 2 dont make sense because the resident evil saga is still a thing nowadays, but truth is that they are good for people who wants to play the originals for whatever reason, maybe they want to know the story or maybe they dont like the modern games.

This can also be the case for total war, I for example really dislike the province and army sistems introduced in rome 2, so even if medieval 3 is a thing in the future I will probably still play medieval 2 over it.

And as I said in another comment, mods, rome 1 and specially medieval 2 beat any modern total war in mod capabilities.
    #MakeDwarfsGreatAgain Josef Bugman, Thorek Ironbrow, Alrik Ranulfsson, Grimm Burloksson, Kazador Thunderhorn, Byrrnoth Grundadrakk, Malakai Makaisson, Gotrek Gurnisson, Garagrim, Dragon slayer, Deamon slayer, Doomseekers, Brotherhood of Grimnir, Giant slayers, Thunderbarge, Shieldbearer mount, Master brewer, Goblin Hewer, Norse dwarf war mammoth, Tractator engine, Rune golem, Shard dragon, proper Anvil of Doom, Ulther's dragon company, Lond Drong's slayer pirates, Everguard, Karak Varn, Karag Agrilwutraz, Karaz Bryn, Karag Dum, Karak Vlag, Kraka Dorden, Kraka Ornsmotek, Kraka Ravnsvake, Karak Vrag, Karak Azorn, Karak Krakaten.

All those missing things are grudges in the great book, is in your hand to settle them, CA. Khazukan kazakit-ha!

IT'S HOBGOBBO TIME!!!!!!!
    #JusticeForKurgan
  • Schub#9514Schub#9514 Registered Users Posts: 1,620
    I'm not a big fan of the Rome Remaster (should have been Medieval 2) but I looove the Demon's Souls remake!
  • Lunaticprince#9972Lunaticprince#9972 Registered Users Posts: 6,908
    I seriously would squeal if we get a teaser today!

Just saying is a pipe dream but damm, i just want something!

I think it'll be Tuesday/Wednesday for the tease, Thursday for Trailer, then the following Thursday for the first roster reveal.

Not too long left!
  • JungleElfJungleElf Registered Users Posts: 6,502
    Goatforce said:

I think it'll be Tuesday/Wednesday for the tease, Thursday for Trailer, then the following Thursday for the first roster reveal.

Not too long left!
    Isn't may the fourth a thing, though?
    Goatforce said:

Not too long left!
    Next week we’ll get a DLC roadmap for Rome Re followed be the announcement for the Blood DLC the week after.

This will also block 2 weeks of marketing to advertise the mew blood affects and the first patch.

Which leaves the last few days of May for WH3.

I’m obviously joking. Next week is the week!
    ArneSo said:

Goatforce said:

Not too long left!
    Next week we’ll get a DLC roadmap for Rome Re followed be the announcement for the Blood DLC the week after.

This will also block 2 weeks of marketing to advertise the mew blood affects and the first patch.

Which leaves the last few days of May for WH3.

I’m obviously joking. Next week is the week!
    Haha, you had me going there!