Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

So rome remastered is out

Lunaticprince#9972Lunaticprince#9972 Registered Users Posts: 6,908
edited May 2021 in Total War General Chat
Please CA news next week, i need to get it next week or i die in the desert.

Post edited by dge1 on

Comments

• capybarasiesta89#4722capybarasiesta89#4722 Senior Member Bath, UKRegistered Users Posts: 5,463
    edited April 2021
    And it has Mixed Reviews already, I am fan of Rome era but I dunno remastering was mehhh they should have done Medieval or Shogun 2.

Roll on WH3 news now.
    h1feizw8yzk6.jpg
  • makar55makar55 Registered Users Posts: 2,955
    You die in the desert >:)
  • JungleElfJungleElf Registered Users Posts: 6,502
    edited April 2021
    It would have been 3 months of nothing. My God, I'm thirsty for news. Can't wait to see the first 1-2 rosters, and hopefully a glimpse of the map in june.

I'm funnily enough even more curious about the WH2 DLC match-up, but that one will take even longer.
  • TheShiroOfDaltonTheShiroOfDalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 34,001

And it has Mixed Reviews already, I am fan of Rome era but I dunno remastering was mehhh they should have done Medieval or Shogun 2.

Roll on WH3 news now.

D'uh, of course it can only have mixed reviews! The grognards need this to be bad because otherwise they have to admit that the original RTW wasn't the best game ever and has aged badly.
  • Mr_Finley7#4571Mr_Finley7#4571 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,417
    Remastering games that old with the simple touch ups it got seems absolutely pointless, not enough to make it that much of an improvement over the originals

Remastering games that old with the simple touch ups it got seems absolutely pointless, not enough to make it that much of an improvement over the originals

It's a cheap cash grab and nothing else.

Easy money. Don't blame CA; They need it. Don't want it, don't buy it, as it's not a mainline game.

I haven't bought it, either. I think modern TW games are better, personally.
  • xDEMOSxxDEMOSx Registered Users Posts: 1,345
    I think we are close to seeing something big, so I went back to take a look at the forums more often, you never know when something might leak unintentionally.

But I suppose it will be two weeks from now, Rome can still present some performance problems in certain configurations that need a correction.

And on Saturday the 8th,GW will reveal something secret, this for me combines perfectly well in the calendar with what we hope, maybe they will reveal something that will be shown to us in game3 as well and it will be kind of a joint revelation.

makar55 said:

And I guess all other TW titles are just made for charity, huh? Find it always funny when people complain that something's a "cash grab", d'uh. Capitalism, that's how it works!
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 38,054
    makar55 said:

Taking a whole month for marketing was still way to much.
    Summon the Elector Counts!
    xDEMOSx said:

I think we are close to seeing something big, so I went back to take a look at the forums more often, you never know when something might leak unintentionally.

But I suppose it will be two weeks from now, Rome can still present some performance problems in certain configurations that need a correction.

And on Saturday the 8th,GW will reveal something secret, this for me combines perfectly well in the calendar with what we hope, maybe they will reveal something that will be shown to us in game3 as well and it will be kind of a joint revelation.

Rome is basically outsourced to another studio for a large part. Marketing could definitely do something for WH3 next week, in lieux with other Warhammer stuff. Even though the GW things might not even be WH3 related, at all. Which seems likely.

makar55 said:

And I guess all other TW titles are just made for charity, huh? Find it always funny when people complain that something's a "cash grab", d'uh. Capitalism, that's how it works!
    Yeah, capitalism is very cool, as long as people ready to buy **** companies will produce and sell crap.
  • DrazhoaththeAshen#9598DrazhoaththeAshen#9598 Registered Users Posts: 890

makar55 said:

It's another case of not recognizing that different people have different tastes. It might feel like a cash grab to some, and maybe it is, but that doesn't mean there aren't those out there that enjoy it. I personally don't find remastered or rereleased titles all that appealing, but other people do. If there are people happy with this release, then although I have no intention of playing the remaster I am happy, too.

It's like the whole discussion on "Who should be the next DLC race!" While I would love for it to be my preference, I'm not the only person in line. Other people deserve a bit of attention, too.
    What is normal for the spider is Chaos for the fly.
  • Masarius#7206Masarius#7206 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,443
    Should have done Medieval 2 remaster, which would have actually filled an open spot or could have been used as bridge for future projects.
    Till shade is gone,
    till water is gone,
    into the Shadow with the teeth bared,
    screaming defiance with the last breath,
    to spit into Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day
  • Surge_2#1464Surge_2#1464 Registered Users Posts: 11,951
    Remaster? What?

Couldn't care less CA!

WARHAMMER. FIRST. LAST. ALWAYS.
    Kneel

• Wyvax#7456Wyvax#7456 Registered Users Posts: 6,256

Roll on WH3 news now.

I looked through those out of curiosity, all those negative reviews are from old fans that insist on nitpicking the graphical updates, UI style, usage of modern TW controls or complaining about price. It's pretty funny to read but there's literally no complaints about actual gameplay.

On the flip side of the coin, it's just as hilarious to read the posts of a bunch of people that have no interest in Rome (which is fine) yet insist on trash talking it for merely existing. It's like y'all don't want other people to have nice things.

Thankfully between the old grognards that complain about insignificant changes, and the young bloods that only appreciate the flashy, vapid and new; there's a silent majority of players that are just happy to be playing good TW games and reveling in the memes they generate, whether that's Warhammer or Rome: Remastered, and that's the base that CA is targeting. Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to fight the Gauls. Gods... I hate Gauls.
  • Beef545Beef545 Registered Users Posts: 764
    edited April 2021
    Cant possibly imagine how anyone can be hyped for a remaster of any kind. It's just such a joke to me, I mean at least if it was a remake... But people keep buying it which is just depressing.
    The age of Men is over. The time of the Troll has come.
  • RikRiorik#9890RikRiorik#9890 Registered Users Posts: 12,140
    Not going to lie. I got a little satisfaction from deleting the email I got about it today without opening it. It's all good for someone. Just not for me.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
  • LordCommander#3741LordCommander#3741 Registered Users Posts: 3,229
    Rome: Barbarian Invasion is one of my favourite games in the TW series.... but I still can't bring myself to play it again. The older games were sparse in variety and completely devoid of surprises. BI could still teach the newer games about battlemap tactical options, though.
    It's a beta.
  • PoorManatee6197#6481PoorManatee6197#6481 Registered Users Posts: 2,601
    The cool thing about this remaster (and the future medieval 2 remaster I hope) is the modding potential.

I guess the majority of people here don't know it but there is a limit to the number of factions, settlements and units moders can add in those games and in the remaster this limit has been expanded.

Are you familiar with mods like third age, call of warhammer, stainless steel and a lot, lot more? Well imagine those mods with more factions, units and cities.

Screw the AI, diplomacy, graphics and whatever more updates, the important thing here are the mods.
    #MakeDwarfsGreatAgain Josef Bugman, Thorek Ironbrow, Alrik Ranulfsson, Grimm Burloksson, Kazador Thunderhorn, Byrrnoth Grundadrakk, Malakai Makaisson, Gotrek Gurnisson, Garagrim, Dragon slayer, Deamon slayer, Doomseekers, Brotherhood of Grimnir, Giant slayers, Thunderbarge, Shieldbearer mount, Master brewer, Goblin Hewer, Norse dwarf war mammoth, Tractator engine, Rune golem, Shard dragon, proper Anvil of Doom, Ulther's dragon company, Lond Drong's slayer pirates, Everguard, Karak Varn, Karag Agrilwutraz, Karaz Bryn, Karag Dum, Karak Vlag, Kraka Dorden, Kraka Ornsmotek, Kraka Ravnsvake, Karak Vrag, Karak Azorn, Karak Krakaten.

All those missing things are grudges in the great book, is in your hand to settle them, CA. Khazukan kazakit-ha!

IT'S HOBGOBBO TIME!!!!!!!
    #JusticeForKurgan
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 14,927
    edited April 2021

The cool thing about this remaster (and the future medieval 2 remaster I hope) is the modding potential.

I guess the majority of people here don't know it but there is a limit to the number of factions, settlements and units moders can add in those games and in the remaster this limit has been expanded.

Are you familiar with mods like third age, call of warhammer, stainless steel and a lot, lot more? Well imagine those mods with more factions, units and cities.

Screw the AI, diplomacy, graphics and whatever more updates, the important thing here are the mods.

Is the map moddable? I recall someone saying it might not be because it was hand-crafted rather than procedurally generated. Or so I heard?

Might be wrong, though.

Either way, ye, it would be nice.
    Furthermore, I consider that Daemon Prince must be removed.
    edited April 2021
    Crossil said:

Is the map moddable? I recall someone saying it might not be because it was hand-crafted rather than procedurally generated. Or so I heard?

Might be wrong, though.

It's the same tile-based map as the original, so I don't see why it shouldn't be moddable.
    Masarius said:

Should have done Medieval 2 remaster, which would have actually filled an open spot or could have been used as bridge for future projects.

Why remaster Med2 when Med3 looks like it's going to be the next big historical title?
  • 55JoNNo55JoNNo Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    I played that game to death back in the day. It was great back then. But I don't want to go back and play it again now. Glad I didn't part with my cash.

Bohemond for game 3 please!

• Nopeacejustwar#3336Nopeacejustwar#3336 Registered Users Posts: 1,382
    I’d rather have some goats of unusual size vs some undead Thot!

The Thot (neferata) and the goat (Ghorros)
  • Kiwi123Kiwi123 Registered Users Posts: 634
    Wyvax said:

Roll on WH3 news now.

I looked through those out of curiosity, all those negative reviews are from old fans that insist on nitpicking the graphical updates, UI style, usage of modern TW controls or complaining about price. It's pretty funny to read but there's literally no complaints about actual gameplay.

On the flip side of the coin, it's just as hilarious to read the posts of a bunch of people that have no interest in Rome (which is fine) yet insist on trash talking it for merely existing. It's like y'all don't want other people to have nice things.

Thankfully between the old grognards that complain about insignificant changes, and the young bloods that only appreciate the flashy, vapid and new; there's a silent majority of players that are just happy to be playing good TW games and reveling in the memes they generate, whether that's Warhammer or Rome: Remastered, and that's the base that CA is targeting. Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to fight the Gauls. Gods... I hate Gauls.
    Agreed.
    Soon as i get home, 1st thing I'm doing is installing Remastered and kicking off a Selucid campaign, while i wait for the inevitable EB mod 😂
  • ResileafResileaf Registered Users Posts: 144
    There seems to be the misconception that Rome Remastered is some kind of vanity project or a cash grab or something. But the fact of the matter is, Rome 1 was nearly unplayable on modern computers. It took a rather roundabout way to make it start and it keeps crashing during gameplay. The remaster makes it possible to play again, while also giving it proper QoL changes that make the game more fun without changing its original feel. If you don't want to play it, fair enough that's your business of course, but don't go call it a pointless addition to the series.
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 14,927
    edited April 2021

Crossil said:

Might be wrong, though.

It's the same tile-based map as the original, so I don't see why it shouldn't be moddable.
    I mean, I recall someone mentioning that the devs didn't know just how moddable the game will be because of something like that. But that was, like, early April, shortly after the announcement. So I don't know if any new info came up.
    Furthermore, I consider that Daemon Prince must be removed.
  • Wyvax#7456Wyvax#7456 Registered Users Posts: 6,256
    Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Might be wrong, though.

I mean, I recall someone mentioning that the devs didn't know just how moddable the game will be because of something like that. But that was, like, early April, shortly after the announcement. So I don't know if any new info came up.
    If I remember correctly Melkor said that the map is fully moddable as is or that Feral is actively looking to provide that function soon.
  • RikisRikis Registered Users Posts: 1,682
    Considering original Rome 1 had trouble playing on my modern PC I'm quite happy having the remastered.

With that said I also am waiting eagerly for some Warhammer news.
  • SakuraHeinzSakuraHeinz Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,232
    I spent hundreds of hours in rome 1 as a kid and I have no interest in the remaster and its easy why.

Because they didnt change enough in the remaster to make it playworthy for me, and the easiest part to remaster would be Campaign map and it still looks extremely bland.

And yes Warhammer 3 news next week plz!