Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

So rome remastered is out

13»

Comments

• IamNotArobot#8850IamNotArobot#8850 Registered Users Posts: 5,758
    eomat said:

I'm a bit worried CA are putting out too many Total Wars. People might get a bit saturated.

Historical fans are mad at CA for focusing so much and selling Warhammer. The game came to make historical outdated and they feel it, I think Medieval 3 is the answer but probably 2023.
    *Justice, cats and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.
    *Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
    *Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
    *Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!
    *Bring back settlement conquering artworks!
    *Gnoblar Carpet for Greesus
    *Improve UI

• Masarius#7206Masarius#7206 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,443

Crossil said:

The cool thing about this remaster (and the future medieval 2 remaster I hope) is the modding potential.

I guess the majority of people here don't know it but there is a limit to the number of factions, settlements and units moders can add in those games and in the remaster this limit has been expanded.

Are you familiar with mods like third age, call of warhammer, stainless steel and a lot, lot more? Well imagine those mods with more factions, units and cities.

Screw the AI, diplomacy, graphics and whatever more updates, the important thing here are the mods.

Is the map moddable? I recall someone saying it might not be because it was hand-crafted rather than procedurally generated. Or so I heard?

Might be wrong, though.

Either way, ye, it would be nice.
    It's the same tile-based map as the original, so I don't see why it shouldn't be moddable.
    Masarius said:

Should have done Medieval 2 remaster, which would have actually filled an open spot or could have been used as bridge for future projects.

Why remaster Med2 when Med3 looks like it's going to be the next big historical title?
    Any source to that? Would love to see med3.

Even so, if they would start right now it would take quite some time.
    Till shade is gone,
    till water is gone,
    into the Shadow with the teeth bared,
    screaming defiance with the last breath,
    to spit into Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day
  • Surge_2#1464Surge_2#1464 Registered Users Posts: 11,951
    eomat said:

I'm a bit worried CA are putting out too many Total Wars. People might get a bit saturated.

I don't think that's a risk. I don't even look at the rest of CAs games.
    Kneel

• TheShiroOfDaltonTheShiroOfDalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 34,001
    Masarius said:

Should have done Medieval 2 remaster, which would have actually filled an open spot or could have been used as bridge for future projects.

Masarius said:

Crossil said:

The cool thing about this remaster (and the future medieval 2 remaster I hope) is the modding potential.

I guess the majority of people here don't know it but there is a limit to the number of factions, settlements and units moders can add in those games and in the remaster this limit has been expanded.

Are you familiar with mods like third age, call of warhammer, stainless steel and a lot, lot more? Well imagine those mods with more factions, units and cities.

Screw the AI, diplomacy, graphics and whatever more updates, the important thing here are the mods.

Is the map moddable? I recall someone saying it might not be because it was hand-crafted rather than procedurally generated. Or so I heard?

Might be wrong, though.

Either way, ye, it would be nice.
    It's the same tile-based map as the original, so I don't see why it shouldn't be moddable.
    Masarius said:

Why remaster Med2 when Med3 looks like it's going to be the next big historical title?
    Any source to that? Would love to see med3.

Even so, if they would start right now it would take quite some time.
    Wasn't there just recently some copyright renewal on medieval stuff? I thought that was a big hint on what's coming next.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 23,787
    Moved to TW Chat.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

• Man2008kind#9439Man2008kind#9439 Bucharest, RomaniaRegistered Users Posts: 1,856
    edited May 2021

Masarius said:

Because Remaster=Better graphics, more units, factions and settlements=Better graphics, more units, factions and settlements for mods like Third Age, TES Total War, Call of Warhammer and so on.
  • TheShiroOfDaltonTheShiroOfDalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 34,001

Masarius said:

Because Remaster=Better graphics, more units, factions and settlements=Better graphics, more units, factions and settlements for mods like Third Age, TES Total War, Call of Warhammer and so on.
    Don't care about those mods. I want a medieval title that isn't clunky and obsolete.
  • Man2008kind#9439Man2008kind#9439 Bucharest, RomaniaRegistered Users Posts: 1,856

Masarius said:

Don't care about those mods. I want a medieval title that isn't clunky and obsolete.
    And yet there are thousands of others who do.