Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

If You Had To Choose Between A Beastmen Lord Pack and an Araby Race Pack Which Would You Choose?

Comments

• Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 39,749
    BM deserve an LP.

They suck, so a rework might not even be enough, but they deserve it more than anything right now.
    There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Drybrush Disciple, Sophisticated Savage.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Goatforce#6625Goatforce#6625 Registered Users Posts: 8,466
    BM LP is far more important than Araby imo
  • Hellspawn2Hellspawn2 Registered Users Posts: 183
    If CA ever had planned for Araby to be in the game then we would have seen it by now. They could have added them into the area that is now occupied by Repanse and the other Brettonia factions, so I think we have missed out on them. I would much rather see the existing races that we have get updates before adding anything new and Beastman are clearly the ones that need it the most.
  • Jam#4399Jam#4399 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,070
    Beastmen can come anytime even in game 3.
    Araby has slim chance therefore Araby.
  • hendo#1695hendo#1695 Registered Users Posts: 3,002
    Araby. BM not getting a lord pack dlc wouldn’t mean they don’t get a flc rework.

But it’s too late. BM vs X is finished by now and over at QA.
  • Bloodydagger#9716Bloodydagger#9716 Registered Users Posts: 4,818
    Beastmen because they are already in the game and desperately need a rework.

No need to continue to ignore them.
  • peabodyestate#9505peabodyestate#9505 Registered Users Posts: 1,595
    Araby all day.
  • ScreamimgEnvyScreamimgEnvy Registered Users Posts: 912
    Man Beasts
    Team Monogods - #JusticeForTzeentch

• NeoYasNeoYas Registered Users Posts: 969
    edited April 2021
    Originally Rakhart was meant to be the rival of a BM LL, but CA releazed their big mistake and changed their plans, now they are working on Araby and that is why the DLC was delayed. Rakhart fits very well as rival of Beastmen, isn't he the beasts tamer. So Araby will come with a rework for BM and a LL for them as FLC.
    Prepare for Araby!
  • NeoYasNeoYas Registered Users Posts: 969
    I vote for Araby of course 😎
  • Jo_Proulx#5293Jo_Proulx#5293 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,838
    Not really fair asking a race pack vs a lord pack...

As much as I want a meaningful update for Beastmen, mostly for their fans actually, I cant really favor it over a full unique race...
    "Fear me mortals, for I am the Anointed, the favored Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall."

~ Archaon, Lord of the End Times
  • FinishingLast#1402FinishingLast#1402 Registered Users Posts: 4,860
    Beastmen are one of my favorite races. They are my favorite from game 1 and my second favorite overall. If only picking one I'd choose Araby. Just too much fun to be had with a brand new race and one with a middle eastern flair sounds interesting.
    SiWI: "no they just hate you and I don't blame them."
  • GreenColoured#2445GreenColoured#2445 Registered Users Posts: 6,960
    Both, thanks
  • OdTengri#8235OdTengri#8235 Registered Users Posts: 10,231
    I'd really like to see Araby... but if they don't bring BMen up to par with the other factions it would be a clear statement that all DLC factions are merely cash grabs that won't be supported which makes them all unappealing products.
  • TicladesignTicladesign Registered Users Posts: 124
    Araby, without hesitation.
  • hillbillymachinegunhillbillymachinegun Registered Users Posts: 465
    Araby. No question.

But there's no reason we can't get both.
  • xDEMOSxxDEMOSx Registered Users Posts: 1,345
    I was one of the guys who wrote several emails to GW years ago when Araby's dream was still alive asking them to expand the tradition of the smaller races, I remember that I wrote asking mainly for Araby but also for the others.

How funny, I must have been one of the people who contributed even if very insignificantly to Cathay.

But if I'm going to save Araby or BM, I choose BM every day, I'm sorry little one.
    But it seems that this boat sailed for far, very far from here if CA had the ambition to do them it would not be in the last DLC.
    Probably received a red light, it is a pity, I hope that at least Khuresh can have better chances.

• Walkabout#1505Walkabout#1505 Member In a houseRegistered Users Posts: 2,998
    Tough one. Araby as a new race is best value for money but there is an excellent OVN mod. BM are fun to play for me, but are definitely in need of an update.

I would have to go for Araby just because it could mean the start for other minor factions.
    Live your life and try to do no harm.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Evelyn Beatrice Hall
  • Mr_Finley7#4571Mr_Finley7#4571 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,417
    This is a stupid poll. Obviously Beastmen take precedent as an army book race, but the amount of work that would go into updating them isn’t even close to what creating Araby pretty much from scratch would require. So this would never be a real dilemma.

Also obviously, we should get both.
  • Itharus#3127Itharus#3127 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,477
    That's a totally unfair ******************** *** ** ***** **** ******* question, man.

I would sacrifice new BM lords for getting Araby though, without doubt or hesitation.

BUT

I would not give up the Beastmen getting a proper revamp patch to bring them up to snuff. If Araby is the cost of THAT... so be it :(

I hate you, OP. May you rot in the lowest pits of Nurgle's kingdom.

T_T
    OdTengri said:

I'd really like to see Araby... but if they don't bring BMen up to par with the other factions it would be a clear statement that all DLC factions are merely cash grabs that won't be supported which makes them all unappealing products.

No. That's not how products work.

It's essentially impossible to bring BM up to the level of a game 2 core with a single LP. It doesn't mean it's not a valid product.
    There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Drybrush Disciple, Sophisticated Savage.

OdTengri said:

It's essentially impossible to bring BM up to the level of a game 2 core with a single LP. It doesn't mean it's not a valid product.
    Yes because the Twisted and the Twilight didn't just do that for the wood elves.

Either way signs that CA isn't willing to support "New Race" DLC is a reason to not purchase anything but the DLC for the Core Factions which will receive full product support.

I mean its really simple if my $60 gets me 4 races + Product Support but my $20 gets me only 1 race with no product support its really obvious that the 20 dollar purchase is the worse option between the two.
    OdTengri said:

OdTengri said:

Yes because the Twisted and the Twilight didn't just do that for the wood elves.

Either way signs that CA isn't willing to support "New Race" DLC is a reason to not purchase anything but the DLC for the Core Factions which will receive full product support.

I mean its really simple if my $60 gets me 4 races + Product Support but my $20 gets me only 1 race with no product support its really obvious that the 20 dollar purchase is the worse option between the two.
    That could be viewed as an exception. Generally though 1 DLC plus an LP won't equal a core with 3 LPs.

It's standard, accepted process that DLCs do not offer the same value for money the base game does. Basic logic and maths dictates this to be necessary.

If that's unacceptable to you then that's fine. Lets not pretend this is anything but standard.

OdTengri said:

OdTengri said:

That could be viewed as an exception. Generally though 1 DLC plus an LP won't equal a core with 3 LPs.

It's standard, accepted process that DLCs do not offer the same value for money the base game does. Basic logic and maths dictates this to be necessary.

If that's unacceptable to you then that's fine. Lets not pretend this is anything but standard.
    Actually if you've noticed each Game 2 DLC race is equal 1 Core race with 1 LP.... so your wrong.

Its just the Game 1 DLC races that where inadequate..... Bringing all future DLC Factions up to specks was a result of consumer backlash over the CotB and RotWE DLCs.

That's why the recent WE DLC was an "Exception" and the Beastmen will be another "Exception"
    OdTengri said:

OdTengri said:

OdTengri said:

Actually if you've noticed each Game 2 DLC race is equal 1 Core race with 1 LP.... so your wrong.

Its just the Game 1 DLC races that where inadequate..... Bringing all future DLC Factions up to specks was a result of consumer backlash over the CotB and RotWE DLCs.

That's why the recent WE DLC was an "Exception" and the Beastmen will be another "Exception"
    You're? How's that wrong exactly?
  • TheWattman#7460TheWattman#7460 Junior Member Earth´s core... doing things you will never know aboutRegistered Users Posts: 1,580
    Beastmen. Because Araby isn't realistic anymore. All of their provinces, except the central desert, are occupied by other playable factions. Araby CAN'T come now. It needed to be the FIRST race pack, or it shouldn't come at all. And honestly I've gotten used to not getting them that I wouldn't want them by sacrificing the Beastmen.
  • KirGeo#5270KirGeo#5270 Registered Users Posts: 1,126
    Voted Araby. I want a Beastmen pack but am willing to have it in game 3 when chaos is more fleshed out, Araby would add much more to the game imo.

I know Araby is not happening right now atleast.
    We want all the factions Dogs of War, Araby, Ind, Kuresh, Nippon, Hobgoblin Khanate. Milk us CA.
  • Loreguy#1056Loreguy#1056 Registered Users Posts: 1,853
    Araby!

But feel free to disagree if you prefer "more elves" options.

Right now Araby seems dead. But I belive with DoW there will be few arabian units and it will open a way to implement Arabia as proper race.
  • GreenColoured#2445GreenColoured#2445 Registered Users Posts: 6,960

Beastmen. Because Araby isn't realistic anymore. All of their provinces, except the central desert, are occupied by other playable factions. Araby CAN'T come now. It needed to be the FIRST race pack, or it shouldn't come at all. And honestly I've gotten used to not getting them that I wouldn't want them by sacrificing the Beastmen.

Oh yeah, CA's NEVER moved a faction around before. Nope. Never. Never ever ever ever. Never ever.