Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

If You Had To Choose Between A Beastmen Lord Pack and an Araby Race Pack Which Would You Choose?

13»

Comments

• Biggles#4266Biggles#4266 Registered Users Posts: 3,086
    Araby and I voted that while really wanting Beastman dlc. A new race is always better.

I'm still annoyed at Vampire Coast for stealing Araby's spot.
  • ThomassiniThomassini Registered Users Posts: 1,151
    Obviously Araby, it’s not even a contest. Araby is the last chance for Southlands to have a true “soul” and be on par with other 4 continents. TKs alone, while grandiose by themselves, can’t really cut it.

My personal preferences aside tho, BM need something to spice up their campaigns. Anything to offer an alternative to the ever present Minobus.
  • Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 39,745
    Araby would be something we can't really get later....
    There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Drybrush Disciple, Sophisticated Savage.
  • TheWattman#7460TheWattman#7460 Junior Member Earth´s core... doing things you will never know aboutRegistered Users Posts: 1,580

Oh yeah, CA's NEVER moved a faction around before. Nope. Never. Never ever ever ever. Never ever.

If CA had any plans whatsoever to bring in Araby, which they never did because of fear of and risk of protests and violence from the muslim world, would they have placed Repanse where they placed her? Would they have placed Arkhan the Black in the Wizard Caliph's Palace? And would they have placed Sniktch in El-Kalabad, just to move him somewhere else a few DLCs later?

Integrating Araby now would require moving characters and factions from 3 seperate expansions, unlike a base-game lord like Azhag that only needs to move in ME. To date, there has as of yet not been any modifications to old DLCs.
  • Maedrethnir#1968Maedrethnir#1968 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 17,368
    Araby but of course.
  • Gordreg#1153Gordreg#1153 Registered Users Posts: 82
    Arabay. They're actually far more important in the setting. The Whole beastment race could be represented well enough by a couple of rouge armies spawning then being destroyed every now and then, or just folded into the proper Chaos factions.
  • IamNotArobot#8850IamNotArobot#8850 Registered Users Posts: 5,758
    I’m already disappointed from the BM DLC, they wont be able to paint the map so its a pass from me.
    *Justice, cats and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.
    *Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
    *Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
    *Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!
    *Bring back settlement conquering artworks!
    *Gnoblar Carpet for Greesus
    *Improve UI

• Neodeinos#5871Neodeinos#5871 Registered Users Posts: 16,088

I’m already disappointed from the BM DLC, they wont be able to paint the map so its a pass from me.

It's alright, not every race is enjoyable to anyone.
  • saweendra#3399saweendra#3399 Registered Users Posts: 19,547
    People has spoken CA gib araby

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• Lunaticprince#9972Lunaticprince#9972 Registered Users Posts: 6,908
    Gordreg said:

Arabay. They're actually far more important in the setting. The Whole beastment race could be represented well enough by a couple of rouge armies spawning then being destroyed every now and then, or just folded into the proper Chaos factions.

They literally was inactive for decades they the got Conquer by bretonnia, also got rekt by the Tomb Kings just to put the final nail in the coffin.

So no, they are pretty unimportant in the setting.

As for the beastman have army books, survive in age of Sigmar and are biggest aggressor against the oak.

• Itharus#3127Itharus#3127 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,477

Araby would be something we can't really get later....

If there is a global ME2.0 map... there is hope for Araby.

I don't think game 3 will be limited by all DLC needing to be solely for game 3.

I think it very likely there will be game 1-2 megapack to unlock things eventually, one "final version" of the game, with all other races becoming DLC for game 3 that does not need game 1/2 to operate.

It's the only thing that makes sense.

CA could sell this game for like 7-10 years straight with support like that. Then remaster it and sell it all over again after TWWH: Age of Sigmar tanks.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 23,784
    Posts removed. Be tolerant folks.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.