Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Offers for future games

rrrrfgrrrrfg Registered Users Posts: 57
Hello guys, how are you?

You know, I quite liked Total War Troy. I am a bit bothered by the size of the map, the number of cities and factions is quite low, so it is not so possible to play a long campaign.

Seemingly, the problem is not solvable; because if we add more areas, for example, ancient Egypt - the game will no longer focus on Troy's plot and will completely lose its concept.

I thought of a great solution - tell me what you think.

In the future, CA could create a new Total War game that would focus on a different area of the world but at the same historical period of Troy's plot. For the sake of example only - in ancient Egypt and the Hittite empire. Later, CA could give the option to merge the two campaigns together - just as they did with Warhammer 1 and 2, which merge with Mortal Empires.

I think that if CA does not just keep the idea for the Warhammer series but copy it for future games as well - it will add a lot of flavour and interest to those games.

Plus, I thought you could copy another nice idea for future games: I mean the Amazons and the mythical units in Total War Troy. This idea basically means that we are putting into the game not only units that existed only historically - but also units that existed in the imagination of the people of this time. As an extension of the original idea, I would also suggest taking it to other places altogether; For example, if in the future CA publishes a game whose historical background is in the late Middle Ages / early new age, CA could also add Leonardo da Vinci's war machines - he designed flying machines, tank and other cool machines, but unfortunately (and maybe not?) they remained on paper only.

In addition, to increase the variety of unit types, I would suggest adding units that existed but uncommon. For example, at the beginning of modern times there were already guns that reached a really high firing rate, but only a few items were made from them. But if CA want to increase the enjoyment of the game, they can add these things as well.

Sometimes, I see in some Total War games great ideas that for some reason do not appear in the next game in the series, which is a shame to me. I hope this does not happen with the above ideas too.

Hope I inspired someone ...

Comments

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 31,132
    Wrong section dude. This is for Warhammer.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, Greater Demon of the Ogre Kingdoms, Teller of Truths, Enemy of Lies, Emperor of a lost Empire

• DeadpoolSWDeadpoolSW Registered Users Posts: 2,900
    You can tag Warhammer and mortal empires, doesn't make it true.
    Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Ogre Kingdoms, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind, Khuresh & the Hobgoblin Khanate!
  • aMint1aMint1 Registered Users Posts: 976
    Didn't feel small or lacking settlements to me. Wasn't it about Vortex sized?
  • rrrrfgrrrrfg Registered Users Posts: 57

My bad, reposted under Troy. I don't know how to delete it from here - I hope it's not taking any holy place.
  • rrrrfgrrrrfg Registered Users Posts: 57
    aMint1 said:

Didn't feel small or lacking settlements to me. Wasn't it about Vortex sized?

I do not really manage to get long after the 150th turn without destroying my enemies. I would like to play a longer campaign.
  • RockNRolla92RockNRolla92 Registered Users Posts: 2,111
    rrrrfg said:

My bad, reposted under Troy. I don't know how to delete it from here - I hope it's not taking any holy place.
    Don't worry about it, the mods will close it for you when they are active