Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War Bronze Age Collapse

PlanetExpr3lessoPlanetExpr3lesso Registered Users Posts: 1
edited April 30 in Total War General Chat
Here's my idea for a new, large-scale, large mapTotal War (not a saga).

The Bronze Age Collapse

Most powerful factions:

Egypt - Rich, powerful "Rome Dynamic", surrounded by enemies. Chariots, archers, and light infantry based

Sea People - migrating sea based raiders "Hun Danymic". Charge infantry and navy based

Major factions:
Mycenean - Heavy infantry based
Hittites - heavy spear and light infantry based
Assyria - chariot and siege weapons based
Minoan - archer, axe infantry based
Phoenicians- dispersed, navy based
Babylon - archer, heavy infantry based

Minor factions:
Troy
Malta
Sardinia
Thrace
Etruscans
Lydia
Hyksos
Nubians
Mitani

DLC:
Tartessos
Celtiburians

Post edited by BillyRuffian on

Comments

• VikingHuscal1066VikingHuscal1066 Registered Users Posts: 615
    I don't know about the Collapse of the Bronze Age, but I think that as Bronze Age TW could be pretty interesting.
  • WarlockeWarlocke Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,102
    While I love the Bronze Age in general, I do think that the lack of content and information from the era would require the game to take serious liberties with history that would be unprecedented for CA.

From your list: the Etruscans and Thracian cultures hadn’t emerged yet. By the Bronze Age Collapse the Hyksos were no longer a thing and Minoan culture was in such steep decline it essentially wasn’t a thing (there is also the problem that there isn’t evidence of them conducting warfare). I’m not sure what was going on at Malta or Sardinia at the time, but I expect not much compared to Egypt and Assyria.

Is there an interesting game there? Maybe, but I feel it’s more likely that CA will choose a time period where they don’t need to make so much up. TWTroy is a very focused experience so it’s a bit different.
    ò_ó
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 31,229
    edited May 1
    I'd rather they lay off antiquity for a while. That's already the time period with the most TW titles dedicated to it and most of them are also very recent ones at that.

Antiquity: Troy, RTW/RTWR/Rome2/Attila/3K
    Middle Ages: Med1/Med2/ToB
    Early Modern Era: Empire/Napoleon/S1/S2/FotS(not really EME, but I put it here anyway)
    Fantasy: WH1/WH2

• jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,769
    edited May 1
    Akkadian?
    Mittani?
  • Man2008kindMan2008kind Bucharest, RomaniaRegistered Users Posts: 1,513
    Malta? As someone who has been there and knows a fair bit of it's history, they're not really that important to deserve their own faction.
  • BouncyMermaidBouncyMermaid Registered Users Posts: 7
    I too feel a Bronze Age would be a good input into the franchise. Perhaps more of a 'Rise of Persia' game would be more adaptable and easier to mould, considering that there would be a richer amount of materials available to research with. You would still have the Hittites and Ancient Egypt, though crumbling. You could add in the Phonecians decendents and the rise of the Greek States in the West.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,376
    I’ve always wanted Bronze Age. Possibly look at the development of standing/professional armies used by Assyria for the first time.
    Interested in Sea Elves? Did you just call me a simpleton?

I too feel a Bronze Age would be a good input into the franchise. Perhaps more of a 'Rise of Persia' game would be more adaptable and easier to mould, considering that there would be a richer amount of materials available to research with. You would still have the Hittites and Ancient Egypt, though crumbling. You could add in the Phonecians decendents and the rise of the Greek States in the West.

Egypt shall be the focus of Bronze Age while Persia shall be on Achaemid era.

jamreal18 said:

Egypt shall be the focus of Bronze Age while Persia shall be on Achaemid era.

This is kind of why I want to see a big Total War: Antiquity or something like that, that could possibly incorporate a lot of these various ancient campaigns and such into one game as "smaller" campaign DLCs.

That way, we could get a Rise of Persia campaign along with others.
    I prefer to have Bronze Age as it's own game as well as Persia as it's own.

Imagine Troy and Attila are dlc of Rome 2.
    jamreal18 said:

I prefer to have Bronze Age as it's own game as well as Persia as it's own.

Imagine Troy and Attila are dlc of Rome 2.

I do agree, that maybe a proper Bronze Age TW game could work as a Saga game, since it would have a little more focused campaign map.