Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Something about the Chaos Wastes that you MAY not know

Comments

• TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,701

ArneSo said:

Maelas said:

Maelas said:

Still, it doesn't matter, Fantasy Tzeentch doesn't look like that, and it shouldn't look like that, as much as they shouldn't look like Chaos Space Marines. Those are all different IPs. I truly hope GW didn't sacrifice lore and aesthetic for cheap promotion.

I'm so glad you're a complete no one, with absolute zero connection with neither GW and CA! 🤣

I mean, CA already agree with me. Reminder in case you forgot :

A statement so definitive that some people would rather accusing CA of lying than accepting it !
    HAHAHAHAHA You still believe that statement?
    Can you show us proof about that statement being false? And no, greater demons dont count, one thing is using the updated model of something that existed in fantasy and other thing is taking an original AoS unit or character and using it in fantasy.
    in case the CGI trailer is brougth up:

ArneSo said:

Maelas said:

Maelas said:

Still, it doesn't matter, Fantasy Tzeentch doesn't look like that, and it shouldn't look like that, as much as they shouldn't look like Chaos Space Marines. Those are all different IPs. I truly hope GW didn't sacrifice lore and aesthetic for cheap promotion.

I'm so glad you're a complete no one, with absolute zero connection with neither GW and CA! 🤣

A statement so definitive that some people would rather accusing CA of lying than accepting it !
    So far... I'd say that a CGI trailer isn't really counterproof. Why? Because otherwise, if we apply the same logic, we have standard bearers in the game because they are in teh CGI trailer for Game 1.

And none of you brought any actual evidence aside of the CGI trailer using the updated models for all greater Daemons.
    The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • PoorManatee6197#6481PoorManatee6197#6481 Registered Users Posts: 2,551
    Neodeinos said:

Maelas said:

I'm afraid to tell you that all the 4 Greater Daemons shown in the Trailer are right from AoS, with Bloodthirster from ET.

This little ugly crap is the unique WHFB version of the Keeper of Secret.

CA and GW choose the AoS Keeper of Secrets instead. So goooooooooood.

There's also this artwork where we can see the furies are using the Fantasy model instead of the AoS one so not everything is going to use the AoS model.

What are the AoS furies? I dont see them in the GW page.
    #MakeDwarfsGreatAgain Josef Bugman, Thorek Ironbrow, Alrik Ranulfsson, Grimm Burloksson, Kazador Thunderhorn, Byrrnoth Grundadrakk, Malakai Makaisson, Gotrek Gurnisson, Garagrim, Dragon slayer, Deamon slayer, Doomseekers, Brotherhood of Grimnir, Giant slayers, Thunderbarge, Shieldbearer mount, Master brewer, Goblin Hewer, Norse dwarf war mammoth, Tractator engine, Rune golem, Shard dragon, proper Anvil of Doom, Ulther's dragon company, Lond Drong's slayer pirates, Everguard, Karak Varn, Karag Agrilwutraz, Karaz Bryn, Karag Dum, Karak Vlag, Kraka Dorden, Kraka Ornsmotek, Kraka Ravnsvake, Karak Vrag, Karak Azorn, Karak Krakaten.

All those missing things are grudges in the great book, is in your hand to settle them, CA. Khazukan kazakit-ha!

IT'S HOBGOBBO TIME!!!!!!!
    #JusticeForKurgan
  • HeresyHoundHeresyHound Registered Users Posts: 8,285

Neodeinos said:

Maelas said:

I'm afraid to tell you that all the 4 Greater Daemons shown in the Trailer are right from AoS, with Bloodthirster from ET.

There's also this artwork where we can see the furies are using the Fantasy model instead of the AoS one so not everything is going to use the AoS model.

Yeah it was pretty hard to find images of them. I had to type "AoS furies" into a Google image search.

Neodeinos said:

Maelas said:

Yeah it was pretty hard to find images of them. I had to type "AoS furies" into a Google image search.
    Well as I said I went directly to the GW webstore, thanks.
    #MakeDwarfsGreatAgain Josef Bugman, Thorek Ironbrow, Alrik Ranulfsson, Grimm Burloksson, Kazador Thunderhorn, Byrrnoth Grundadrakk, Malakai Makaisson, Gotrek Gurnisson, Garagrim, Dragon slayer, Deamon slayer, Doomseekers, Brotherhood of Grimnir, Giant slayers, Thunderbarge, Shieldbearer mount, Master brewer, Goblin Hewer, Norse dwarf war mammoth, Tractator engine, Rune golem, Shard dragon, proper Anvil of Doom, Ulther's dragon company, Lond Drong's slayer pirates, Everguard, Karak Varn, Karag Agrilwutraz, Karaz Bryn, Karag Dum, Karak Vlag, Kraka Dorden, Kraka Ornsmotek, Kraka Ravnsvake, Karak Vrag, Karak Azorn, Karak Krakaten.

All those missing things are grudges in the great book, is in your hand to settle them, CA. Khazukan kazakit-ha!

#JusticeForKurgan
  • Neodeinos#5871Neodeinos#5871 Registered Users Posts: 15,851

Neodeinos said:

Maelas said:

On the GW store they are with the Raptoryx as the Chaotic Beasts.
    https://www.games-workshop.com/fr-FR/Warcry-Chaotic-Beasts-2019

Neodeinos said:

Maelas said:

Sorry. In a bad mood, too much snark. But yeah we don't have the weird beard furies in the art.

We will probably just get new units and whatnot to flesh out the chaos gods. Some of it may be very similar to AoS. Some of it may not be. I'm more curious about things like the Contorted Epitome where it is part of AoS and 40K unlike most of the AoS stuff discussed.
  • Surge_2#1464Surge_2#1464 Registered Users Posts: 11,838
    Those new furies are some of my favorites. Only issue is the lack of a multipose box.
    Kneel

• Lunaticprince#9972Lunaticprince#9972 Registered Users Posts: 6,837
    Maelas said:

Maelas said:

IS NOT SET!

Aka the Time Period is not one of these scenarios there is nothing about no using aos models.

CA have to be clearer then that if that was their intention.

Except propaly wasn't because they use aos models in the trailer and propaly in the game too.

Surge_2 said:

Those new furies are some of my favorites. Only issue is the lack of a multipose box.

They are one of the few things in Slaves to Darkness I dislike a lot. I honestly like the murder chickens, Blurg the Builder, and Archaon's Lion King OC better.

But everyone has a different taste in aesthetics.

Surge_2 said:

They are one of the few things in Slaves to Darkness I dislike a lot. I honestly like the murder chickens, Blurg the Builder, and Archaon's Lion King OC better.

But everyone has a different taste in aesthetics.
    Fair.

They remind me of some old art for Demons in Magic. :)
    Kneel

Maelas said:

Maelas said:

IS NOT SET!

Aka the Time Period is not one of these scenarios there is nothing about no using aos models.

CA have to be clearer then that if that was their intention.

Except propaly wasn't because they use aos models in the trailer and propaly in the game too.
    Not featuring stuff from AoS sounds a lot like we're not getting units that are exclusive to AoS. As I understand it, we might get some models of units that already exist in Fantasy like the Greater Daemons but that's it.
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 5,180
    RamsesIII said:

<
    To be fair, one could pose the question: is a model that's from both 40k and Age of Sigmar better than one that comes only from Age of Sigmar?

I'd say yes, because it means it's not bound to a specific IP, so it doesn't have a design too influenced by said IP.
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 37,641

ArneSo said:

Maelas said:

Maelas said:

So far... I'd say that a CGI trailer isn't really counterproof. Why? Because otherwise, if we apply the same logic, we have standard bearers in the game because they are in teh CGI trailer for Game 1.

And none of you brought any actual evidence aside of the CGI trailer using the updated models for all greater Daemons.
    Factual wrong. The GDs in the trailer are clearly AoS so the „No AoS stuff“ statement is already proofed to be false and misleading.

The question is how much AoS models will we get?
    Summon the Elector Counts!
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 37,641

ArneSo said:

Maelas said:

Maelas said:

Can you show us proof about that statement being false? And no, greater demons dont count, one thing is using the updated model of something that existed in fantasy and other thing is taking an original AoS unit or character and using it in fantasy.
    Watch the trailer Bro.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,701
    ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Maelas said:

Maelas said:

Factual wrong. The GDs in the trailer are clearly AoS so the „No AoS stuff“ statement is already proofed to be false and misleading.

Factually false on your part. They are plainly the updated, new, Greater Daemon Models. Which replace the around two decades old old Greater Daemon minis. And the Bloodthirster btw. is End Times.

If the CGI trailer was sole evidence, we'd have standard bearers and Orc Boar Boys with flails, because they were in the Game 1 CGI Trailer.

ALSO, the CGI Trailer wasn't made in-house by CA. While CA and GW most likely have a final say in it, it's possible that the Studio that made the trailer had some slightly different design decisions.
    The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
    ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Maelas said:

Maelas said:

Watch the trailer Bro.
    As I said greater demons don't count, read my comment bro.

#JusticeForKurgan

Neodeinos said:

Maelas said:

Sorry. In a bad mood, too much snark. But yeah we don't have the weird beard furies in the art.

We will probably just get new units and whatnot to flesh out the chaos gods. Some of it may be very similar to AoS. Some of it may not be. I'm more curious about things like the Contorted Epitome where it is part of AoS and 40K unlike most of the AoS stuff discussed.
    NP

#JusticeForKurgan

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Maelas said:

Maelas said:

Factually false on your part. They are plainly the updated, new, Greater Daemon Models. Which replace the around two decades old old Greater Daemon minis. And the Bloodthirster btw. is End Times.

If the CGI trailer was sole evidence, we'd have standard bearers and Orc Boar Boys with flails, because they were in the Game 1 CGI Trailer.

ALSO, the CGI Trailer wasn't made in-house by CA. While CA and GW most likely have a final say in it, it's possible that the Studio that made the trailer had some slightly different design decisions.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Wow... the denial is strong here...

Updated or not doesn’t matter. AoS stuff is still AoS stuff.

Who says Khorne Warriors won’t get their updated model from AoS huh?

The denial is just ridiculous at this point.
    ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Maelas said:

Maelas said:

This only proves CA can be allowed to use an updated model of a unit that already exists in Fantasy. The statement from CA remains true so far though I have to say their statement isn't exactly clear.
    ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Maelas said:

Maelas said:

Greater Daemons are not 'AoS'.

I dont know why this continues to be a point of discussion.
    Kneel

Neodeinos said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Maelas said:

Maelas said:

This only proves CA can be allowed to use an updated model of a unit that already exists in Fantasy. The statement from CA remains true so far though I have to say their statement isn't exactly clear.
    An AoS Model is still „AoS stuff“ and considering that the Blood Warrior model is the updated version of Khorne warriors they are definitely possible. So where should we draw the line?

So again we have to ask us what „stuff“ actually means. Units? Models? Everything? That’s the big question.

I would say using AoS models for outdated FB units is fair game.

Tzeentch acolytes always existed in the lore but never had a model. Just as an example.

Using an AoS model as an updated version for outdated or nonexistent FB models is basically what I expect.
    edited May 2021
    ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Maelas said:

Maelas said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

just proving that you have no actual counterargument. Your whole point hinges on the CGI Trailer.

Again: TW WH1 trailer:

Now please, show me where those banners are. where the flails on the Orc Boar Boys are.

Your whole point hinges on 1) The Updated Daemon Models, which clearly are shared between the universes and not AoS exclusive in 2) a CGI Trailer made by a different company

"Denial" in your book is "Taking the Appearance of updated model in context to what the model actually represents and is, it not being exclusive to one setting, while not taking a CGI Trailer as undoubtable proof".

Basically: "IT'S DENIAL BECAUSE YOU DON'T AGREE WITH ME!!!!!"

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Maelas said:

Maelas said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

just proving that you have no actual counterargument. Your whole point hinges on the CGI Trailer.

Now please, show me where those banners are. where the flails on the Orc Boar Boys are.

Your whole point hinges on 1) The Updated Daemon Models, which clearly are shared between the universes and not AoS exclusive in 2) a CGI Trailer made by a different company

"Denial" in your book is "Taking the Appearance of updated model in context to what the model actually represents and is, it not being exclusive to one setting, while not taking a CGI Trailer as undoubtable proof".

Hahaha wow. It’s getting better and better. 😂😂

Not comparable at all. The unit design is still identical. Banners are just banners.

So yeah try again.
    ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Maelas said:

Maelas said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Hahaha wow. It’s getting better and better. 😂😂

Not comparable at all. The unit design is still identical. Banners are just banners.

So yeah try again.
    The one in denial is you. Because the only thing you want is reinforcing your believe.

We have no banners, we have no orc boys with flails. Yet they are in the trailer. Banners are just banners... and one of the most commonly demanded details/Flavour things that should be added for many.

You're again not raising any actual counterpoints just "hahaha no. Can't be because that doesn't fit my opinion!"

Again:
    1) THe CGI trailer wasn't in house but by a different company, who, despite likely being in contact with CA and GW, might have taken a few different design decisions.
    2) A CGI Trailer usually is not really something players should count on for in-game stuff. Wait for in-engine stuff.
    3) These models, again, are updated models of the very same entities that are in Warhammer Fantasy. Not Some AoS Specific followers of the Same god.

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • mecanojavi99#6562mecanojavi99#6562 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 11,229
    People, relax, we will find soon enough, it's not worthy to get all angy about this
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
    Red_Dox said:

ArneSo said:

@Red_Dox
    Where are these guys from? Haven't seen them before.

Love their model and really hope we get something like that for WH3.

AoS.
    From what exactly I can't tell you. I keep a lose eye on the miniature range because every now and then they make something that looks good and not too "AoS".
    https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Slaves-To-Darkness-Corvus-Cabal-2019
    https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Khorne-Bloodreavers
    https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Slaves-To-Darkness-Untamed-Beasts-2019
    https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Warcry-Spire-Tyrants-2020
    Those would imo be good AoS examples, which with a bit toning down, might be fit into WHFB good enough.

And then you have those things
    https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Kairic-Acolytes
    https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Slaves-To-Darkness-Cypher-Lords-2019
    https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Slaves-To-Darkness-The-Unmade-2019
    https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Slaves-To-Darkness-The-Splintered-Fang-2019
    https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Slaves-To-Darkness-Iron-Golem-2019
    which scream AoS and imo do not really fit into WHFB or the Norse/Kurgan/Hung descriptions at all.

-----Red Dox
    It seems those Cabals or whatever they are called are from Slaves of Darkness, so I assume they are undivided? Would still be a great model to represent Tzeentch Cultists.
  • xDEMOSxxDEMOSx Registered Users Posts: 1,345
    The 8th edition was thrown out the window, I don't know why people here are still so attached to it.

AoS monogds is the most reliable material to get an idea of how the lists will work.

We are already receiving AoS models, look at KoS, if you want to think that it’s just because his old variant is outdated, think how you want, no other game its was allowed ,look at Chaosbane, Vermintide2, these are both recent games that could use "updated" templates , secont this logic.

CA said a lot of **** on the blog.
    If someone is so sure of how the monos' models looked, well open your 8 edition book there and show us the units, statistics, rules is appearance .. oops sorry, it doesn't exist, does it?

It is amazing how people feel safe to say what they don't know, aside from fans frustrated with AoS, fantasy died because it failed financially, stop being a crybaby, get over it.

edited May 2021
    xDEMOSx said:

The 8th edition was thrown out the window, I don't know why people here are still so attached to it.

AoS monogds is the most reliable material to get an idea of how the lists will work.

We are already receiving AoS models, look at KoS, if you want to think that it’s just because his old variant is outdated, think how you want, no other game its was allowed ,look at Chaosbane, Vermintide2, these are both recent games that could use "updated" templates , secont this logic.

CA said a lot of **** on the blog.
    If someone is so sure of how the monos' models looked, well open your 8 edition book there and show us the units, statistics, rules is appearance .. oops sorry, it doesn't exist, does it?

It is amazing how people feel safe to say what they don't know, aside from fans frustrated with AoS, fantasy died because it failed financially, stop being a crybaby, get over it.

Chaosbane, you say?

Vermintide doesn't even have Daemons... so what does that have to do with this?

Another point is that it's quite possible that the devs were offered the choice between using the old (or maybe the Forgeworld) designs, and chose to stay with those.

And why did Fantasy fail financially... could it have to do with GW driving it against the wall, not helped by them constantly doubling down on 40K? Could it be that GW's business decisions were a good factor in that? And what does this have to do with the whole point? Oh RIght. Nothing, it's just a poor strawman trying to make yourself feel sooo grown up. AoS and Fantasy have different base design philosophies. Probably partly due to better casting etc. but... Fantasy's stuff tended to be a BIT more grounded, less overcrowded with details. While a lot of AoS is just that. Some like it. I personally don't think it looks that good.

And most of your psot again is completely missing the point, but that I think most that participate in this kind of discussion are already used to these strawman arguments and, probably deliberately, missed points.

But again for the reading impaired: WHILE the new Daemon models often debut for AoS, They are NOT "AoS Models". They are the new designs for the Daemons. The Daemons are shared with 40k. Just like Fantasy before. They aren't "THose are the AoS Daemons". They are "Those are the Chaos Daemons."

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • LordSolarMach#5538LordSolarMach#5538 Registered Users Posts: 2,297
    ArneSo said:

It seems those Cabals or whatever they are called are from Slaves of Darkness, so I assume they are undivided? Would still be a great model to represent Tzeentch Cultists.

They're from the spinoff game Warcry.

Masters of ambush and assassination, warriors of the Cabal tend to possess an unnerving focus, talking little and communicating with a combination of complex hand signals and sharp cries that sound like those of hunting prey-birds.

Like most AoS spinoffs, they then receive warscrolls for use in AoS proper.
  • Bayes#3307Bayes#3307 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,015
    So we are either getting total war warhammer age of reckoning or total war warhammer age of sigmar? What a bummer ...

Seriously though it is good to see the discussion ramp up before the NEWS comes.
This discussion has been closed.