Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Something about the Chaos Wastes that you MAY not know

Comments

• ScreamimgEnvyScreamimgEnvy Registered Users Posts: 912
    Maelas said:

Maelas said:

Still, it doesn't matter, Fantasy Tzeentch doesn't look like that, and it shouldn't look like that, as much as they shouldn't look like Chaos Space Marines. Those are all different IPs. I truly hope GW didn't sacrifice lore and aesthetic for cheap promotion.

I'm so glad you're a complete no one, with absolute zero connection with neither GW and CA! 🤣

I mean, CA already agree with me. Reminder in case you forgot :

A statement so definitive that some people would rather accusing CA of lying than accepting it !

Do you also still believe in this statement or maybe you've missed the multiple mortal units present in both trailer and artwork alongside with the daemons? Maybe you can show me Khorne, Nurgle, Tzeentch and Slaanesh armybooks. I've never seen them, you know... just like Cathay.
    Team Monogods - #JusticeForTzeentch

• Bayes#3307Bayes#3307 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,015

Maelas said:

Maelas said:

Still, it doesn't matter, Fantasy Tzeentch doesn't look like that, and it shouldn't look like that, as much as they shouldn't look like Chaos Space Marines. Those are all different IPs. I truly hope GW didn't sacrifice lore and aesthetic for cheap promotion.

I'm so glad you're a complete no one, with absolute zero connection with neither GW and CA! 🤣

A statement so definitive that some people would rather accusing CA of lying than accepting it !

Do you also still believe in this statement or maybe you've missed the multiple mortal units present in both trailer and artwork alongside with the daemons? Maybe you can show me Khorne, Nurgle, Tzeentch and Slaanesh armybooks. I've never seen them, you know... just like Cathay.
    This is super irrelevant to what you are discussing, but this statement is not as false as it looks. It is true, that they are treating them as seperate, like the tabletop army books. The statement does not say the races will be implemented in the same way, just that they will both be treated as seperate. We have WoC, we will probably get DoC, and they will be seperate.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,701
    Bayes said:

Maelas said:

Maelas said:

This is super irrelevant to what you are discussing, but this statement is not as false as it looks. It is true, that they are treating them as seperate, like the tabletop army books. The statement does not say the races will be implemented in the same way, just that they will both be treated as seperate. We have WoC, we will probably get DoC, and they will be seperate.
    Yeah. They could pull "Exact words" here and if, for example, Be'lakor comes wiht "Daemons of Chaos", say: "We have WoC and DoC. they are each their own thing. Monogods are their own thing entirely."

Though I alos have to say that Archie should get access to god specific stuff... he's the Everchosen, and it was his End times army that was truly Chaos Undivided.
    The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • Neodeinos#5871Neodeinos#5871 Registered Users Posts: 15,851

Maelas said:

Maelas said:

First that statement is super old so it might just be outdated and not true anymore. That said I still think the statement might be true, we already have WoC and we might get DoC with Be'Lakor or later in game 3.
  • PoorManatee6197#6481PoorManatee6197#6481 Registered Users Posts: 2,551

Maelas said:

Maelas said:

The first statement was made like 5 years ago, enough time to change plans if you ask me, the second was made 3 months ago. Yeah, I'm totally sure CA changed opinion about the rosters of 4 of the 6 starting races in just 3 months and at this point of the development.
    #MakeDwarfsGreatAgain Josef Bugman, Thorek Ironbrow, Alrik Ranulfsson, Grimm Burloksson, Kazador Thunderhorn, Byrrnoth Grundadrakk, Malakai Makaisson, Gotrek Gurnisson, Garagrim, Dragon slayer, Deamon slayer, Doomseekers, Brotherhood of Grimnir, Giant slayers, Thunderbarge, Shieldbearer mount, Master brewer, Goblin Hewer, Norse dwarf war mammoth, Tractator engine, Rune golem, Shard dragon, proper Anvil of Doom, Ulther's dragon company, Lond Drong's slayer pirates, Everguard, Karak Varn, Karag Agrilwutraz, Karaz Bryn, Karag Dum, Karak Vlag, Kraka Dorden, Kraka Ornsmotek, Kraka Ravnsvake, Karak Vrag, Karak Azorn, Karak Krakaten.

All those missing things are grudges in the great book, is in your hand to settle them, CA. Khazukan kazakit-ha!

IT'S HOBGOBBO TIME!!!!!!!
    #JusticeForKurgan

Bayes said:

Maelas said:

Maelas said:

Yeah. They could pull "Exact words" here and if, for example, Be'lakor comes wiht "Daemons of Chaos", say: "We have WoC and DoC. they are each their own thing. Monogods are their own thing entirely."

Though I alos have to say that Archie should get access to god specific stuff... he's the Everchosen, and it was his End times army that was truly Chaos Undivided.
    Yeah that whole thing is going to be a bit of a mess to pull off. I really want to have a huge end times event with the everchosen leading all of chaos, but I do not know how they are going to do it. It will be very interesting to see.
  • Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 39,131
    Bayes said:

@ArneSo What did you expect from the anti-Monogods band? They are the same biased kids that supports the half-contents idea...just a bunch of haters.

To be fair I think that is just vanilla_gorilla

There are different factions in the monogods debate get them right!
    Uhhh no. That aint me. It's literally just a strawman assigned to me that I have no interest in responding to for obvious reasons. I do want them to receive 50% of the LPs of game 3 instead of 66%, and I do reference the fact that they have half the LLs in making assessments, but both of these are more nuanced than the half-content lie.

I want Mono rosters to be solid enough on release that 1-2 LPs and 1-2 FLC LLs will complete them. Also because I do like you Bayes I'll also make it very clear that not only do I like Chaos, I like Monos. That's the reality, if people want to say otherwise I really don't care.
    "It's no fun fighting people weaker than you." - The Beast"There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla Forum Terms & Conditions I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Drybrush Disciple, Sophisticated Savage.

Bayes said:

@ArneSo What did you expect from the anti-Monogods band? They are the same biased kids that supports the half-contents idea...just a bunch of haters.

Uhhh no. That aint me. It's literally just a strawman assigned to me that I have no interest in responding to for obvious reasons.

Oh please...

There are multiple threads derailed by your: "Monogods has only 1 LL so they will get half contents"... everyone can read that **** from your profile.

• TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,701

Bayes said:

Uhhh no. That aint me. It's literally just a strawman assigned to me that I have no interest in responding to for obvious reasons. I do want them to receive 50% of the LPs of game 3 instead of 66%, and I do reference the fact that they have half the LLs in making assessments, but both of these are more nuanced than the half-content lie.

I want Mono rosters to be solid enough on release that 1-2 LPs and 1-2 FLC LLs will complete them. Also because I do like you Bayes I'll also make it very clear that not only do I like Chaos, I like Monos. That's the reality, if people want to say otherwise I really don't care.
    And really. The main issue with most of hte monogod stuff always was:

1) Monogod fans basically demaning Game 3 to launch with only the dark Brothers.
    2) How much stuff WoC will "loose" to them?
    3) What about DoC (Apparently either scrapped or possibly a bit of an afterthought with Be'lakor)
    4) What about the EVERCHOSEN...

Hence why I would've prefered them to come later as DLC. Giving the WoC and DoC the limelight first and then adding the MOnogods with 2 LLs each.
    The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • apophas123#5539apophas123#5539 Registered Users Posts: 229
    edited May 2021
    go this thread rotted in quite fast, well at least this month we will see if there will be AoS models or the age of reckoning

Bayes said:

Yeah I am sorry I should have been more clear, I only meant to say that the half content part applied to you, not all the other weird insults. But turns out that is not correct either.

Really there is so little difference between what I want and what you want, but somehow it feels like a massive canyon in this crazy forum climate. I want 2 lps and 1 flc for each and you want a little less. And I definitely believe you get way way too much negative attention for your opinions on this it is a little crazy to be honest.

go this thread rotted in quite fast, well at least this month we will see if there will be AoS models or the age of reckoning

Don't count on it. They said we won't get news before may. They didn't say we will see anything of the rosters/Daemons this month. And even if we get a trailer, we don't know if they show any mortals aside of hte Skullcrushers and the expected DAemon infantry...

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
    edited May 2021

Or both. We'll also see if the same users who have spent the last few years saying they won't buy WH3 if Monogods will be part of the game in any way will keep their promise.

Or both. We'll also see if the same users who have spent the last few years saying they won't buy WH3 if Monogods will be part of the game in any way will keep their promise.
    You better start search for those comments, rather than just levelling the accusation at everyone disagreeing with you lot. And you better look at all posts, because there might be more nuances depending on when the post was made.

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 5,180
    Bayes said:

Neodeinos said:

Yes there are often differences in the trailers and ingame but it's minor details not completely different models. That said the model of the greater daemons is certainly not enough of an evidence to assume we will get more coming from AoS, as @TheGuardianOfMetal pointed out it is more correct to consider them as the updated look of the Greater Daemons and not as the GD from AoS the model is also used for 40K.

We might get more updated models of already existing units in Fantasy but so far there is absolutely nothing that suggests we are getting units that did not exist in Fantasy before.

There is nothing that suggests we are only getting units that existed in fantasy before either.
    "Nothing" except an explicit statement from CA !

Don't count on it. They said we won't get news before may. They didn't say we will see anything of the rosters/Daemons this month. And even if we get a trailer, we don't know if they show any mortals aside of hte Skullcrushers and the expected DAemon infantry...
    Imagine a Khorne roster reveal trailer with only a Bloodthirster, Bloodletters and Skullcrushers...

Naaah, we'll get the complete roster list alongside with the trailer, just like what CA did with WH2 core races.

The pleasure to debate against Monogods contents will end soon. Hallelujah!

Maelas said:

Bayes said:

Neodeinos said:

Yes there are often differences in the trailers and ingame but it's minor details not completely different models. That said the model of the greater daemons is certainly not enough of an evidence to assume we will get more coming from AoS, as @TheGuardianOfMetal pointed out it is more correct to consider them as the updated look of the Greater Daemons and not as the GD from AoS the model is also used for 40K.

We might get more updated models of already existing units in Fantasy but so far there is absolutely nothing that suggests we are getting units that did not exist in Fantasy before.

There is nothing that suggests we are only getting units that existed in fantasy before either.
    Oh man I am really nervous for cathay then.
    Maelas said:

Bayes said:

Neodeinos said:

Believe it. Like when CA gave us the Silverin Guards.

Remember to boycott the game if a single AoS unit will be part of a Monogod roster ;^)

Maelas said:

Maelas said:

Bravo! Do you want a biscuit now?
    Basing on your stupid screenshot Cathay shouldn't even be in the game and Kislev should have 4 units at very best.

Getting ragdolled bu your own post, ouch! 😗
    Mind going beyond that thick snark and show me the AoS Cathay armybook ? Because CA statement is pretty clear. I'll try to summarize it for you : No Stuff from AoS. No mention about fully new races or units. Just a clear, definite word about another IP.

Imagine a Khorne roster reveal trailer with only a Bloodthirster, Bloodletters and Skullcrushers...

Naaah, we'll get the complete roster list alongside with the trailer, just like what CA did with WH2 core races.

Who is saying that we're getting a Khorne Reveal trailer? You are aware that KISLEV is also on the table, yes?

But no, apparently you are so deluded that you think the stuff is getting revealed just as YOU plan it... And even more so since CA only said that we'd get news in May. they didn't say we'd get any trailers in May. It's likely that we'll get a trailer, but it's not guaranteed.

They could release a blog where they talk a bit about the campaign design and they'dhave kept "news in may".

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Bayes said:

Maelas said:

Bayes said:

Neodeinos said:

Once again, there is a dire misunderstanding about CA simple statement. It have 2 parts. One is a pretty clear "no stuff from AoS". The other is "our primary source is Fantasy 8th edition"

From those 2 sentences, we can clearly see CA stance. Expanding on Fantasy content is fair game. That means White Dwarf, secondary armylists, and entirely new units and races that fit the lore and setting. Bringing units directly from another IP, however, is not going to happen.
    Maelas said:

Bayes said:

Maelas said:

Bayes said:

Neodeinos said:

Once again, there is a dire misunderstanding about CA simple statement. It have 2 parts. One is a pretty clear "no stuff from AoS". The other is "our primary source is Fantasy 8th edition"

From those 2 sentences, we can clearly see CA stance. Expanding on Fantasy content is fair game. That means White Dwarf, secondary armylists, and entirely new units and races that fit the lore and setting. Bringing units directly from another IP, however, is not going to happen.
    And CA is working with GW in designing TOW. Or GW is funelling them the designs.

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
    Also, allow me to say that I have nothing against people advocating for AoS content. This is merely a difference in opinion.

However, I'd like to know why do most of those people here holding this stance decide to express it in an unsufferable mix of strawmanning, snide and unpleasantness
    Maelas said:

Bayes said:

Maelas said:

Bayes said:

Neodeinos said:

But I never said they were going to get AoS stuff, just new stuff!

Who is saying that we're getting a Khorne Reveal trailer? You are aware that KISLEV is also on the table, yes?

But no, apparently you are so deluded that you think the stuff is getting revealed just as YOU plan it... And even more so since CA only said that we'd get news in May. they didn't say we'd get any trailers in May. It's likely that we'll get a trailer, but it's not guaranteed.

They could release a blog where they talk a bit about the campaign design and they'dhave kept "news in may".
    1) What kind of stupid idiocy is this? We are going to get a Khorne roster trailer, just like with every other race of the game.
    Sooner or later we are going to get it, or maybe you're against a trailer as well?

2) Sure, lemme just make a trailer with 1 lord and 2 units, why not? No! Let's just make Khorne's roster with only 2 units and 1 Lord because mr. GuardianofMetal hates Monos.

3) Imagine hating Monogods so much to ask for blog threads and Campaign stuff only. Or maybe you're just scared? Scared that Monos won't be that neglected **** you are praying for. You make me sick.

• Neodeinos#5871Neodeinos#5871 Registered Users Posts: 15,851

Maelas said:

Bayes said:

Neodeinos said:

Remember to boycott the game if a single AoS unit will be part of a Monogod roster ;^)
    What does the Silverin Guard have anything to do with it ?
  • MODIDDLY1#9212MODIDDLY1#9212 Registered Users Posts: 1,268
    This might be controversial, but I really don't care if some AoS units are in, PROVIDED, they existed at the time of fantasy and aren't exclusive to AoS.
    Neodeinos said:

Maelas said:

Bayes said:

Neodeinos said:

What does the Silverin Guard have anything to do with it ?
    Silverin Guards = End Times.

• Lunaticprince#9972Lunaticprince#9972 Registered Users Posts: 6,837
    I mean I am not against AOS stuff especially for update models.

But I kinda more in the boat of (we may get completly new content never seen in aos or 40k before)

Is of course a wish thinking but make sense that maybe CA got early concept for new chaos units, unreleased (like the throne of chaos books where tamurkhan comes) etc.

So i see there is enough in old, and unrelease stuff for Mono babies before we have to use Aos stuff.

But hey we hopefully find out this month if Khorne get a engine trailer.

This discussion has been closed.