Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

'Brood of the Naga Queens' Fan-Project: Khuresh Concept Art - Blood Naga Queen

Comments

• sykallsykall Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,389
    Very cool artwork, though for a snake, or snakewomem the head and neck appear to small and short. But still very cool.

Makes me a bit envious that I could not present my concepts with pictures :*

By the way how do the snake procreate? I am just asking, because Warhammer has some ludricious reproduction mechanics (dwarf sex ratio, cough), which is why I was interested in this topic for the snakemen. Sorry if it was written somewhere in your extensive background. I sadly cannot remember reading about such biological concepts.

PS:

Oh and due to the refined rules, this thread will probably soon be put into the community content section. Maybe you should place a link in your signature to connect people on this forum to your work? E.g. one main thread in the community section you update and expand. Or one main link in your signature to an index, connecting all your past and coming posts.
    Filling the white spots - 7 made-up factions to enrich the empty parts of the WFB setting
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/288418/filling-the-white-spots-7-made-up-factions-to-fill-out-the-wfb-setting
  • xBlood_RavenxBlood_Raven Registered Users Posts: 786
    sykall said:

Very cool artwork, though for a snake, or snakewomem the head and neck appear to small and short. But still very cool.

By the way how do the snake procreate? I am just asking, because Warhammer has some ludricious reproduction mechanics (dwarf sex ratio, cough), which is why I was interested in this topic for the snakemen. Sorry if it was written somewhere in your extensive background. I sadly cannot remember reading about such biological concepts.

PS:

Oh and due to the refined rules, this thread will probably soon be put into the community content section. Maybe you should place a link in your signature to connect people on this forum to your work? E.g. one main thread in the community section you update and expand. Or one main link in your signature to an index, connecting all your past and coming posts.

In terms of procreation, Snakemen have corrupted spawning pools, the Naga are specially born from the Queen's clutches themselves who mate with the strongest among the Pannaga (the highest caste among the Snakemen).

I'll need to do that with the signature as well, thanks!

sykall said:

PS:

In terms of procreation, Snakemen have corrupted spawning pools, the Naga are specially born from the Queen's clutches themselves who mate with the strongest among the Pannaga (the highest caste among the Snakemen).

Ah cool. When I thought about snakemen as chaos lizardmen, I also thought of a corrupted sqawning pool, but that these snakemen could also procreate sexually, with these offspring being a different class of snakemen.
    Cool that you had similar ideas
    Filling the white spots - 7 made-up factions to enrich the empty parts of the WFB setting
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/288418/filling-the-white-spots-7-made-up-factions-to-fill-out-the-wfb-setting
    sykall said:

sykall said:

PS:

Ah cool. When I thought about snakemen as chaos lizardmen, I also thought of a corrupted sqawning pool, but that these snakemen could also procreate sexually, with these offspring being a different class of snakemen.
    We thought about it carefully due to the Naga having the name 'Queen' in their title. Chaos Lizardmen, Khmer Empire and Southeast Asian cultures are the main themes of the army and that can (and will) be seen throughout (devolved Saurus, Skinks and Kroxigors will be mentioned also).

The Spawning Pools can be corrupted also considering this is shown in TWW also. Having them as corpse pools for material/biomass or using them to spawn Snakemen as their Lustrian brethren do made sense.
    edited May 2

sykall said:

sykall said:

PS:

We thought about it carefully due to the Naga having the name 'Queen' in their title. Chaos Lizardmen, Khmer Empire and Southeast Asian cultures are the main themes of the army and that can (and will) be seen throughout (devolved Saurus, Skinks and Kroxigors will be mentioned also).

The Spawning Pools can be corrupted also considering this is shown in TWW also. Having them as corpse pools for material/biomass or using them to spawn Snakemen as their Lustrian brethren do made sense.
    Wuh, now I am curious for these devolved skinks and co and how they will look like.

By the way with all your connections do you see it as viable that a modder may take your ideas and make your khuresh faction in TWWH3?
    sykall said:

sykall said:

sykall said:

PS:

Wuh, now I am curious for these devolved skinks and co and how they will look like.

By the way with all your connections do you see it as viable that a modder may take your ideas and make your khuresh faction in TWWH3?
    We don't have artwork of devolved skinks but do for the devolved Saurus and Kroxigors (which will be involved with two unannounced units).

We have no problems with a modder taking our ideas and making a mod. There are units like Sepulchral Stalkers that would make modding a lot simpler in terms of making the ideas a reality.

sykall said:

sykall said:

sykall said:

PS:

We don't have artwork of devolved skinks but do for the devolved Saurus and Kroxigors (which will be involved with two unannounced units).

We have no problems with a modder taking our ideas and making a mod. There are units like Sepulchral Stalkers that would make modding a lot simpler in terms of making the ideas a reality.
    Cool, I will wait for the next parts then.

Yeah stalkers and medusas would be good skeletons and animation reservoirs for modders to use. I would love to see such a mod.
    sykall said:

sykall said:

sykall said:

sykall said:

PS:

Cool, I will wait for the next parts then.

Yeah stalkers and medusas would be good skeletons and animation reservoirs for modders to use. I would love to see such a mod.
    We could do devolved Skinks later so keep up hope for them!

We would love to see ChaosRobie take a go at Khuresh as his mods are incredibly good.
  • WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 4,252
    At first I wasn't to sure about the mad science and alchemy angle being taken by the Naga queens, seeing how close it is to Clan Moulder and Skryre. But reading over the lore y'all have produced and the disturbing looks and themes of the Naga queens, it has a sort of voodoo vibe to it. I dig it.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed, Shadow King
    Bring back proper naval battles CA!!!
    Me when I see a LL character implemented as a LH.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file