Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The last Legendary Lord for the dwarves

BargrimmBargrimm Registered Users Posts: 307
..has been Grombrindal on January 19, 2017. Over four years.

.. the only dwarven related DLC has been the King and the Warlord October 2016.. Over four and a half years.

..the only last new unit (and the only one) since then has been giant slayers was the resurgent Update in May 2018.. 3 years.


Its time for new content for the Dawi CA!
We are ready!

Comments

  • JungleElfJungleElf Registered Users Posts: 4,906
    Game 3 my dude, that's the best time.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 22,813

    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 12,025
    edited May 5
    Bargrimm said:

    ..has been Grombrindal on January 19, 2017. Over four years.

    .. the only dwarven related DLC has been the King and the Warlord October 2016.. Over four and a half years.

    ..the only last new unit (and the only one) since then has been giant slayers was the resurgent Update in May 2018.. 3 years.


    Its time for new content for the Dawi CA!
    We are ready!

    Last WoC LL, preorder of Warhammer 1, last related DLC, preorder of Warhammer 1, last unit, 30th Anniversary Regiments of Renown.

    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 10,455
    We’ve waited so long. We can wait a bit more. All will come in due time.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • manpersalmanpersal Registered Users Posts: 2,103
    Who cares, Mitch is online!
  • BargrimmBargrimm Registered Users Posts: 307
    edited May 5
    ArneSo said:


    At least you KNOW that Warhammer 3 with its heavy focus on Chaos will have something for the beastman. Probably sooner with the last DLC for WH2.

    If dwarves dont get anything with the next dlc they will be forgotten for a long time. CA will concentrate on all the new races and factions, then the new DLC´s be it Dogs of War, Ogre Kingdoms or whatever. And that most likely for the next 2 years.. at least.

    So no my friend its much more like this...

    Inappropriate Image removed.
    Post edited by dge1 on
  • UagrimUagrim Registered Users Posts: 1,831
    ArneSo said:


    Did they cancel the beastmen rework?

    Because last I know beastmen were on the shortlist for the next rework. And I don't just mean a copied mechanic like the dwarfs got but a rework on par with the wood elves, aka an overhaul of all central and deficient mechanics.

    You want to raise awareness of beastmen, make a threat about it instead of butting in on another topic.

    Dwarfs, Vampire Counts and Bretonnia are the factions I hope get to shine in game 3 cross game lord packs. But with chaos dwarfs getting the race pack treatment I doubt we'll see that. Probably going to end up being the High Elves, Empire and Skaven hogging most of the lord packs while the other factions fight for the rest of the slots.
  • arthadawarthadaw Registered Users Posts: 772
    Bargrimm said:



    At least you KNOW that Warhammer 3 with its heavy focus on Chaos will have something for the beastman. Probably sooner with the last DLC for WH2.

    If dwarves dont get anything with the next dlc they will be forgotten for a long time. CA will concentrate on all the new races and factions, then the new DLC´s be it Dogs of War, Ogre Kingdoms or whatever. And that most likely for the next 2 years.. at least.

    Yes but Dwarf have easy opponent for a Dlc, the Deamon of Chaos (Wether it's Khorne, Slaanesh, Nurgle or Tzeentch) while the Beastmen only have 2, one of which doesn't really have any known rivalry with (Kislev) and the other which doens't currently have much lore with



    Also, BM have an interest with the Vortex, the Dawi don't
  • Beef545Beef545 Registered Users Posts: 763
    Considering that only 2,6% playerbase finished their camapign according to official data, they still received more content than deserved. But to fully objective their starting positions and Lords are boring so that's understandable. That's why they the last and final LP with fresh ranged LL, there's one in the lore if I'm not mistaken. It could possibly increase playerbase's interest in them to 3%.
    The age of Men is over. The time of the Troll has come.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 22,813
    edited May 5
    Bargrimm said:

    ArneSo said:


    At least you KNOW that Warhammer 3 with its heavy focus on Chaos will have something for the beastman. Probably sooner with the last DLC for WH2.

    If dwarves dont get anything with the next dlc they will be forgotten for a long time. CA will concentrate on all the new races and factions, then the new DLC´s be it Dogs of War, Ogre Kingdoms or whatever. And that most likely for the next 2 years.. at least.

    So no my friend its much more like this...

    Inappropriate Image removed.
    WH3 has literally zero impact on BM.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 10,962
    Bargrimm said:

    ArneSo said:


    At least you KNOW that Warhammer 3 with its heavy focus on Chaos will have something for the beastman. Probably sooner with the last DLC for WH2.

    If dwarves dont get anything with the next dlc they will be forgotten for a long time. CA will concentrate on all the new races and factions, then the new DLC´s be it Dogs of War, Ogre Kingdoms or whatever. And that most likely for the next 2 years.. at least.

    So no my friend its much more like this...

    Inappropriate Image removed.
    Beastmen getting stuff with WH3 release is a valid hypothesis, but still only a hypothesis. The fact is that, while the fallacy of relative privation doesn't mean that the dwarfs don't have problems, the Beastmen are probably still a higher priority. When the Beastmen do get their update, and WoC, then you can claim that the dwarfs have gone the longest without an update. If you don't count Gotrek & Felix, which is sort of an update for both dwarfs and Order humans.

    In the meantime... what, realistically, do you propose to do about it?

    Even though the final TWW DLC has been pushed back well beyond what was expected, I'd be very surprised if development isn't already so far along that no amount of barracking for any given race is going to change which races come with the DLC. So if you want dwarfs to get an update ASAP, you should advocate for Game 3 to go to crossgame lord packs right away so there's a chance that dwarfs could be the first cab off the rank in the TWW3 lord packs.
  • mightygloinmightygloin Karaz-a-KarakRegistered Users Posts: 4,703
    edited May 5
    arthadaw said:

    Bargrimm said:



    At least you KNOW that Warhammer 3 with its heavy focus on Chaos will have something for the beastman. Probably sooner with the last DLC for WH2.

    If dwarves dont get anything with the next dlc they will be forgotten for a long time. CA will concentrate on all the new races and factions, then the new DLC´s be it Dogs of War, Ogre Kingdoms or whatever. And that most likely for the next 2 years.. at least.

    Yes but Dwarf have easy opponent for a Dlc, the Deamon of Chaos (Wether it's Khorne, Slaanesh, Nurgle or Tzeentch) while the Beastmen only have 2, one of which doesn't really have any known rivalry with (Kislev) and the other which doens't currently have much lore with
    They had the easiest opponent with Skaven which received 3 packs. Was one of them against Dwarfs? Nope. Ain't no bigger wasted oppurtunity than that.
Sign In or Register to comment.