Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Avatar of Drakira and the wasteland of Chaos

veresh1989veresh1989 Russia, Saint-PetersburgRegistered Users Posts: 4,451
edited May 5 in Off Topic General
I actively walked through the wastelands of Chaos after the Vermintide 2 update. Beastmen appeared there, only for them they could not come up with a boss. It was an interesting update.

But my question was when I took the achievement for the most popular and best character in Kerillian. Her achievement is called Avatar of Drakira. How much does this match the history of Warhammer GW? It is mentioned that she is related to the dark elf clan and there is even an assassin set from Malekith.

Is Kerillian really an Avatar of Drakira?

And another question about the wasteland of Chaos. How do you think they will be related to Warhammer 3?

Comments

• mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 3,240
    This is a Total War Warhammer Forum, not Vermintide 2 Forum.
  • veresh1989veresh1989 Russia, Saint-PetersburgRegistered Users Posts: 4,451

This is a Total War Warhammer Forum, not Vermintide 2 Forum.

This did not stop other people from creating similar topics. My question is related to the general Warhammer franchise
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 21,696
    Moved to Chat.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

• YannirYannir Registered Users Posts: 1,161
    Which Kerillian? Her every career path is literally a different Kerillian. If you play a Shade, she's a Dark Elf. If you play a Waystalker, she's a Wood Elf. If you play a Handmaiden, she's a High Elf.

All elves have the same pantheon so the fact she's called an Avatar of Drakira doesn't mean anything really. Drakira is the queen of vengeance, which fits the theme for Vermintide.
  • NemoTheElf101NemoTheElf101 Registered Users Posts: 1,931

I actively walked through the wastelands of Chaos after the Vermintide 2 update. Beastmen appeared there, only for them they could not come up with a boss. It was an interesting update.

But my question was when I took the achievement for the most popular and best character in Kerillian. Her achievement is called Avatar of Drakira. How much does this match the history of Warhammer GW? It is mentioned that she is related to the dark elf clan and there is even an assassin set from Malekith.

And another question about the wasteland of Chaos. How do you think they will be related to Warhammer 3?

You must be new to Vermintide.

Yannir said:

Which Kerillian? Her every career path is literally a different Kerillian. If you play a Shade, she's a Dark Elf. If you play a Waystalker, she's a Wood Elf. If you play a Handmaiden, she's a High Elf.

All elves have the same pantheon so the fact she's called an Avatar of Drakira doesn't mean anything really. Drakira is the queen of vengeance, which fits the theme for Vermintide.

I got the impression that all paths are related to the story of the character. Kerillian may be a wood elf, but she may also have ancestry from exiled dark elves. Which ultimately creates variability in the path. Avatar of Drakira is not an empty phrase, it is an important term, I wonder how much it complies with the GW license

You must be new to Vermintide.

Maybe. I have 80 hours, most of which I played recently. Just because of the update, it was boring to play before
  • YannirYannir Registered Users Posts: 1,161

Yannir said:

I got the impression that all paths are related to the story of the character. Kerillian may be a wood elf, but she may also have ancestry from exiled dark elves. Which ultimately creates variability in the path. Avatar of Drakira is not an empty phrase, it is an important term, I wonder how much it complies with the GW license
    No, every career path is literally a different Kerillian. It's the same for all of them. Markus Kruber becomes a Bretonnian with the Grail Knight career path but is an Imperial with his other paths. So it's not that the career path somehow just influences them a little, it changes their entire backstory. Kerillian is a Dark, Wood or a High Elf depending on the career path.
    Yannir said:

Yannir said:

No, every career path is literally a different Kerillian. It's the same for all of them. Markus Kruber becomes a Bretonnian with the Grail Knight career path but is an Imperial with his other paths. So it's not that the career path somehow just influences them a little, it changes their entire backstory. Kerillian is a Dark, Wood or a High Elf depending on the career path.
    I disagree with this, since the character has a backstory when Kerillian is a wood elf, and only then does she change her path. And yet this is not the main thing, I am interested in whether she is the avatar of the goddess Drakira or if everything was written that way.

For the Warhammer franchise, this is an important storyline and needs certainty in this story.
  • arthadawarthadaw Registered Users Posts: 501
    The Switch btw each career occur after the event of Vermintide 1

High and Dark elf even join up during the End Time so it's less her changing species and more her changing Religion

* Waystalker=Kournos

* Handmaiden=Isha

* Shade= Khaine

It's even confirmed by her saying that she heard a voice telling her a way to redeem herself, this why some people think that her 4th Career will be Wardancer (Loec)

Kerillian is a Avatar of Drakira, just like Kruber is a Champion of Taal, it's a mortal title and not a Divine essence
  • TemudhunTemudhun Member Registered Users Posts: 553
    arthadaw said:

High and Dark elf even join up during the End Time so it's less her changing species and more her changing Religion

* Waystalker=Kournos

* Handmaiden=Isha

* Shade= Khaine

It's even confirmed by her saying that she heard a voice telling her a way to redeem herself, this why some people think that her 4th Career will be Wardancer (Loec)

Kerillian is a Avatar of Drakira, just like Kruber is a Champion of Taal, it's a mortal title and not a Divine essence

Even without all that, Wardancer would be the most obvious choice when you look at what Wood Elves have to offer.
    By the way, it has been implied that Tzeentch is the one causing career changes for the Ubersreik Five.
    arthadaw said:

* Waystalker=Kournos

* Handmaiden=Isha

* Shade= Khaine

Avatar is different from Champion. For example, Alariel can be called Champion Isha, and Ariel can be called Avatar Isha. This is a very important term. Avatar of Drakira implies that she received Drakira's powers when the gods died at the end of time.

Yes, it’s very interesting what her 4th path will be. I like Waystalker the most. Handmaiden and Shade are poorly done.
  • arthadawarthadaw Registered Users Posts: 501
    Avatar of Drakira simply mean Avatar of Vengeance/Death, she isn't a Godly being, CW also reminded which god they are the closest too, Keri's one is Isha iirc
    arthadaw said:

Avatar of Drakira simply mean Avatar of Vengeance/Death, she isn't a Godly being, CW also reminded which god they are the closest too, Keri's one is Isha iirc

At the end of time, the Elven Gods transferred their souls to the Elves and they became the avatars of the Gods. Therefore, specifically for the Kerillian Avatar of Drakira, it means that the goddess of Revenge Drakira incarnated in it. This is specifically for elves so