Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Repost from Reddit regarding Khorne representation in media

makar55makar55 Registered Users Posts: 2,617
edited May 6 in General Discussion
Okay, so I want to preface this by saying I'm still hype as hell for the game. I'm not a hater and I don't want people to get the wrong impression.

That being said... I can't be the only one a little disappointed by the direction the promotional stuff has taken so far, can I?

WH3 has been hyped up for years as the big Chaos game, right? Chaos is in a deplorable state currently, and the excuse we were given for that was that the Chaos factions would be receiving an update with the release of WH3. All of the teases that they drip-fed us had to do with Chaos. It was so Chaos focused that some people theorized that it would take place entirely within the realm of Chaos, with the four Chaos Gods fighting each other (I'm actually glad that turned out not be true, because we get more variety this way).

And instead, 99% of the promotional stuff has been focused on Kislev. The first cinematic trailer was the personal story of the Tsarina, the one second we've seen of the second cinematic trailer was a Kislevite next to a bear, and the gameplay reveal that has been teased is focused on... you guessed it, Kislev. And yes, Chaos is involved, but only Khorne, and as the clear loser.

Khorne is being used as a punching bag right now. The Kislev troops in the screenshots are basically space marines who make the Chaos Warriors they're up against look small. We've seen way more of Kislev's roster than Khorne's (the skull cannon and Khorne warriors were the only actual new Chaos units showed), and we've still seen zero Chaos LLs. Not to mention the fact that Kislev has apparently single-handedly invaded the Chaos Wastes all the way to the Brass Citadel, and is now effectively beating up Khorne for his lunch money.

I get it, they want to show off the new faction, but after years of being neglected, this is a bit disappointing for what was supposed to be Chaos' time in the sun.
Post edited by BillyRuffian on

Comments

• Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 5,923
    I'm not surprised. Felt nothing about this update. Not hype at all.
    Beastmen

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 27,732
    Frankly it's not surprising.

Kislev is very likely to be the most played of any of the game 2 races. It could very feasibly be 2-3x more popular than any Individual Chaos race. This is the pragmatic reality of splitting the gods into 4.

Chaos is awesome, chaos will get its love, chaos will and absolutely should get the loads of content as it deserves. However we can't ignore the sheer pragmatic reality that the big sellers of this game are Kislev, then Cathay.
    Hyped for TWW3.

CA! Cathay has the most potential of any race in TWW by far. More A+ material to design a race from than any other. You can make Cathay the best race in TWW history. I bolieve in you!
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 13,869
    khorne where is the Love!!! lol
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
    More like Chaos, we thought it was our turn?

Nope.
    Beastmen

• makar55makar55 Registered Users Posts: 2,617
    Surge_2 said:

Nope.

Got to purchase only Chaos involved DLCs to show in which direction CA should move I guess.
  • LunaticprinceLunaticprince Registered Users Posts: 3,453
    Pls not become a second He...

• LudboneLudbone Registered Users Posts: 1,923
    edited May 5
    The didn't even receive a proper 30 seconds gameplay video and the same id- . . . people are already saying Monogods are the worst Races. . .
  • mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 3,800
    edited May 6
    makar55 said:

Okay, so I want to preface this by saying I'm still hype as hell for the game. I'm not a hater and I don't want people to get the wrong impression.

That being said... I can't be the only one a little disappointed by the direction the promotional stuff has taken so far, can I?

WH3 has been hyped up for years as the big Chaos game, right? Chaos is in a deplorable state currently, and the excuse we were given for that was that the Chaos factions would be receiving an update with the release of WH3. All of the teases that they drip-fed us had to do with Chaos. It was so Chaos focused that some people theorized that it would take place entirely within the realm of Chaos, with the four Chaos Gods fighting each other (I'm actually glad that turned out not be true, because we get more variety this way).

And instead, 99% of the promotional stuff has been focused on Kislev. The first cinematic trailer was the personal story of the Tsarina, the one second we've seen of the second cinematic trailer was a Kislevite next to a bear, and the gameplay reveal that has been teased is focused on... you guessed it, Kislev. And yes, Chaos is involved, but only Khorne, and as the clear loser.

Khorne is being used as a punching bag right now. The Kislev troops in the screenshots are basically space marines who make the Chaos Warriors they're up against look small. We've seen way more of Kislev's roster than Khorne's (the skull cannon and Khorne warriors were the only actual new Chaos units showed), and we've still seen zero Chaos LLs. Not to mention the fact that Kislev has apparently single-handedly invaded the Chaos Wastes all the way to the Brass Citadel, and is now effectively beating up Khorne for his lunch money.

I get it, they want to show off the new faction, but after years of being neglected, this is a bit disappointing for what was supposed to be Chaos' time in the sun.

You mean, like how the HE where the punching bag of everyone in Game 2 or the Empire in game 1?

It just happens that Kislev is almost an entirely new race, made form the ground up, the same goes for Cathay, on the other hand we have a pretty good idea of how each MonoGod will be like.
    Who's saying they are the worst?
    Beastmen

• Hourgath_the_HutridHourgath_the_Hutrid Registered Users Posts: 266
    edited May 5
    Meh ...I expected that but as long I get my proper chaos content that I was waiting for the past 4 years ill be happy and plus ya it's a bummer but its expacted they will promote kislev since they are "good guy's" and a hall new faction naturally its easier to promote them for newer players and casual players(although I find it complete b^%$#@) but it is what it Is.
    So stomach up chaos fans our time will come .
    So we are high elves in this part of promotion
    Grandfather nurgle give me strength
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 3,834
    Kislev is the big protagonist of WH3. They're starting with them, it makes sense. And yes, to promote a race, you need another one to take a defeat. It happened in every race trailer. Elves got their asses handed to them by Lizardmen, Skaven and Tomb Kings.

Give it time, when it'll be Khorne turn in the spotlight, they'll get a trailer where they kick some asses !
    I believe in Slaanesh supremacy
    Surge_2 said:

Nope.

It's still 4 Chaos Races vs 2 Order ones, so yeah, I would say that this is the game of Chaos.

makar55 said:

Khorne is being used as a punching bag right now. If you read the notes from the leak, they said that the Bloodthirster was taken down in a monster duel by a giant ice-breathing bear (with some missile support, admittedly). The Kislev troops in the screenshots are basically space marines who make the Chaos Warriors they're up against look small. We've seen way more of Kislev's roster than Khorne's (the skull cannon and Khorne warriors were the only actual new Chaos units showed, according to the leak), and we've still seen zero Chaos LLs. Not to mention the fact that Kislev has apparently single-handedly invaded the Chaos Wastes all the way to the Brass Citadel, and is now effectively beating up Khorne for his lunch money.

You mean, like how the HE where the punching bag of everyone in Game 2 or the Empire in game 1?

It just happens that Kislev is almost an entirely new race, made form the ground up, the same goes for Cathay, on the other hand we have a pretty good idea of how each MonoGod will be like.
    I mean lol.

HE and Empire are the strongest forces in their places.

And still got slaughtered by literally everyone.

Not even in the engine trailer of HE they catches a break.

Wouldn't see to much in to it until we got more infos

• CrajohCrajoh Member Registered Users Posts: 2,215

Frankly it's not surprising.

Kislev is very likely to be the most played of any of the game 2 races. It could very feasibly be 2-3x more popular than any Individual Chaos race. This is the pragmatic reality of splitting the gods into 4.

Chaos is awesome, chaos will get its love, chaos will and absolutely should get the loads of content as it deserves. However we can't ignore the sheer pragmatic reality that the big sellers of this game are Kislev, then Cathay.

You reckon played more than Cathay? Of course assuming Cathay is implemented well. Personally I am more keen to play Cath.
    Live your life and try to do no harm.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Evelyn Beatrice Hall
  • BayesBayes Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,520
    edited May 5
    I do not understand the framing here at all.

Khorne are the bad guys, they are going to get beat up by the good guys. Not only that but in the demo they are even playing from the perspective of the good guys, and unless the people playing are losing, then the good guys are going to win.

How we could expect something different?
    I even go so far to say!

Almost every mono gods army will kill tons of kislev in their time.

Cathay probably gonna be the skaven who jot get a single scratch from anybody.

• kevManiackevManiac Registered Users Posts: 815
    edited May 5
    High Elves, where is the love? Part 2: Electric Boogaloo.
  • FungusHoundFungusHound Registered Users Posts: 6,010
    This is showcasing Kislev right now. Wait until it's a Chaos race's turn to get the spotlight and I'm sure they will be slaughtering away
    kevManiac said:

High Elves, where is the love? Part 2: Electric Boogaloo.

I remember the days of angry HE fans demanding their trailer to be released, only to be the last one haha.
  • damon40000damon40000 Registered Users Posts: 826
    well, humans are easier to associate with, demons are not everyones pair of shoes so for general and wide audience there should be humanoid race in forefront
    BsFG dwarf
  • hillbillymachinegunhillbillymachinegun Registered Users Posts: 197
    I'm not sure I agree that Khorne is being depicted as the clear loser in the promotional materials so far. They're just not the ones the trailer wants you to root for.

The cinematic trailer opened with a bunch of dead Kislevites. The battle in that trailer showed Kislevites getting cut down left and right, without so much as a single bloodletter falling (several got stabbed but simply shrugged it off and continued killing Kislevites).

Khorne is definitely not appearing like a weak punching bag, and it's understandable that they're launching the marketing campaign from Kislev's perspective, being the only good guy faction that's not being saved for a special reveal.
  • LudboneLudbone Registered Users Posts: 1,923
    Imagine dropping Kislev trailer + Kislev gameplay story mode. . . and let other Races defeating it twice.

Nice marketing, boys.
  • LordCommanderLordCommander Registered Users Posts: 2,222
    It's hardly even started yet. Some people need to sit down and have a cup of tea and a kit-kat. Maybe some medication might help, too.
    Just as a warning against making predictions- https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/290416/time-to-admit-there-will-be-no-new-dlc-for-twwh-2#latest

Anyone using the term 'iconic' incorrectly to pad out their dumb argument will be subject to immediate Bloodthirster summoning.
    Let's just wait for each race Trailer and Roster reveal people, it just happens that Kislev is the first one this time around, possibly because people has been asking for it since Game 1.
    Bayes said:

Khorne are the bad guys, they are going to get beat up by the good guys

Found the problem.
    Beastmen

It's hardly even started yet. Some people need to sit down and have a cup of tea and a kit-kat. Maybe some medication might help, too.

I prefer myself some pickles.
  • LordCommanderLordCommander Registered Users Posts: 2,222

Pickles!? Medication for you.
    Just as a warning against making predictions- https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/290416/time-to-admit-there-will-be-no-new-dlc-for-twwh-2#latest

Anyone using the term 'iconic' incorrectly to pad out their dumb argument will be subject to immediate Bloodthirster summoning.
  • BayesBayes Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,520
    Surge_2 said:

Bayes said:

Khorne are the bad guys, they are going to get beat up by the good guys

Found the problem.
    You can call it a problem, but it is just what was always going to happen.

Pickles!? Medication for you.
    The big juicy ones, as full of vinegar as I can, they are only good if they make you cry.
  • Hellspawn2Hellspawn2 Registered Users Posts: 150
    edited May 5
    I think it's way to early in the promotional process for game 3 to make such a statement that Khorne is a "punching bag". The only thing that we have seen officially from CA was the first trailer that we got months ago. I put absolutely 0 stock into this leaked footage. That's the big problem with leaked information. Alot of times it is taken out of context. All of the hype and speculation BS topics are just that...a buch of BS. I give 0 **** unless it is officially released by CA.