Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Who do you really want as a Preorder bonus?

Comments

• AbmongAbmong Registered Users Posts: 2,734

Abmong said:

Dogs of War seem the most likely option - they already exist in game and were a tabletop army.

Hob goblins would personally be an extremely boring option - but would work. I'd rather they get explored as part of Chaos Dwarfs personally.

I still don't agree legions of Nagash are a thing. 1 unit and 1 character don't need a race. Have a game 3 Vampire counts crossgame pack and call it a day.

Anything else is very unlikely - though Khuresh / Ind I guess have an outside chance thanks to Cathay.

DoW needs too much work for it to be the "giveaway" preorder, let alone Khuresh/Ind which would need intensive building from the ground up.

Business costwise, for CA would be either Undivided DoC, Hobgoblin Empire or Legions of Nagash, one of those.
    I disagree. The majority of the DoW units will be human skeletons- for which we already have many. Some of the stranger units will need work but Norsca go fimir, mammoths, skin wolves etc.

The fact that a modder has made a very well made DoW faction using nearly entirely in game assets makes a pretty convincing case in my eyes.
    Can't really compare modders to official work. For one, modders don't get paid. Plus if CA were to release DoW we would expect new models/mesh not just retextures. Artists/Modellers also needs to get paid.

Now compare that tp factions that mostly only need retextures if at all. Hobgoblins are mostly going to be in Chaos Dwarf rosters anyway so it's 2 for 1 for CA to use, same goes for Undivided DoC and Undead Legions which would be rosters made of 90% preexisting units with no changes required. It's how they did WoC and Norsca. WoC were going to be in games as NPC faction anyway and Norsca was mostly WoC ported units.

If Dogs of War was to be done properly it wouldn't be ported Empire and Bretonnian units. Tilea and Estalia have their own clothing styles and armour faction. Those needs to be modelled with new meshes.

They also have Araby, Amazons, Albion units with vastly different clothing styles, not to mention nonhumans from factions that aren't in game yet. Hobgoblins, Ogres, Halflings.

That's a lot more work than DoC, Undead Legion or just Hobgoblins on their own
    Something tells me this comment will get a Disagree
  • gholingholin Member Registered Users Posts: 1,306
    I will ask and wish for Araby until I get them. I know we’ll get Ogres and Chorfs, but Araby is my most desired minor faction. Please let us get them in the pre-order or the last dlc for tww2.
  • joproulx99joproulx99 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,154
    Southern Realms
    Chaos Dwarfs
    Araby
    "Fear me mortals, for I am the Anointed, the favored Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall."

~ Archaon, Lord of the End Times
  • GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 2,902
    edited May 7
    Someone SMALL and minor enough where even the shoestring budget of the pre-order DLC will be able to do justice. Someone with so little interesting or new units that CA can easily do justice.

So Dogs of War or Hobgoblins. Possibly Kurgan?

Keep in mind this is coming from someone who WANTS to see Dogs of War. I love my Mercenaries warband from Mordheim and armies lead by Mercenary Generals will be pretty cool. But them being anything other than a FLC like Brettonia or a pre-order like WoC/Norsca will be a gigantic waste of time, money, and effort better spent on factions with something more interesting to offer.
    Abmong said:

If Dogs of War was to be done properly it wouldn't be ported Empire and Bretonnian units. Tilea and Estalia have their own clothing styles and armour faction. Those needs to be modelled with new meshes.

Not at all. I'm sure you've noticed, but all units across nearly all factions blatantly recycles styles and animations. And Tilean military have literally nothing new or interesting enough to warrant CA giving them different animation to reflect their styles. It's not like we're comparing Skavens to Orcs here where their radically different bodies outright requires a completely new skeleton. Units like Wardancers are extremely rare exceptions where CA actually threw in the effort to give new animations, and this was a DLC unit.

I'm sure you'd notice already but whether you're wielding dual axes or dual swords, your attack animations are extremely similar. Whether you're an elf spearmen or an empire spearmen.
  • DumbledoodDumbledood Registered Users Posts: 182
    edited May 7
    Araby, Albion, Nagash, Hoblins, Southern Realms. Any of those would be cool.

I actually saw someone mentioned Kraka Drak, I'd like to see them too but they're not a race so doesn't really fit.

Edit: Oh and Khuresh/Ind maybe.

It's weird but they're all kind of even to me. I'm most interested in Ogres and Chorfs.
  • NinjipplesNinjipples Registered Users Posts: 842
    Southern Realms/DoW... whatever you call them, I want them.
  • GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 2,902

Araby, Albion, Nagash, Hoblins, Southern Realms. Any of those would be cool.

I actually saw someone mentioned Kraka Drak, I'd like to see them too but they're not a race so doesn't really fit.

Edit: Oh and Khuresh/Ind maybe.

It's weird but they're all kind of even to me. I'm most interested in Ogres and Chorfs.

Oh yeah I completely forgot about Albion lol

I'd love to see them too.
  • DaBoyzAreBackInTownDaBoyzAreBackInTown Registered Users Posts: 772
    edited May 7
    Would be wicked to get Chaos Dwarfs as the pre-order bonus. LegendOfTotalWar has a pretty convincing video for why that could be the case as well.

Pre-Covid Forum Account: Orklads
    Discord/Steam Name: Glorious Feeder

Not at all. I'm sure you've noticed, but all units across nearly all factions blatantly recycles styles and animations. And Tilean military have literally nothing new or interesting enough to warrant CA giving them different animation to reflect their styles. It's not like we're comparing Skavens to Orcs here where their radically different bodies outright requires a completely new skeleton. Units like Wardancers are extremely rare exceptions where CA actually threw in the effort to give new animations, and this was a DLC unit.

I'm sure you'd notice already but whether you're wielding dual axes or dual swords, your attack animations are extremely similar. Whether you're an elf spearmen or an empire spearmen.

Sure they can use the same animations as Emps or Brets, but animation isn't all that's needed. As I said, they should get new models and those require modelling = paying modellers.
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 13,852
    Abmong said:

Sure they can use the same animations as Emps or Brets, but animation isn't all that's needed. As I said, they should get new models and those require modelling = paying modellers.
    Most of them are texturing though . And also you have to account for the fact. Can CA sell Southern realms aka dogs of war as stand alone dlc to the casual fans
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • Steph_F_DavidSteph_F_David Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,934
    1) DoW +TEB is my first choice, to finally get rid of the Placeholder units and factions in the Old World.
    2) Araby, and removal of Bretonnia crusading factions to but Araby there instead. But highly unlikely.
    3) Empire rework, including knights orders and more LL.

• ASyrianASyrian Registered Users Posts: 785
    Chaos dwarfs with a fully fleshed out set
    Bc of the big money they made with wh2 they are able to make a preorder bonus of quality never seen before
  • Nitros14Nitros14 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,011
    edited May 7
    Araby.

Presumably, as a pre-order bonus for game 2, it must be playable in the Vortex campaign.
    Post edited by Nitros14 on
  • EterlikEterlik Registered Users Posts: 299
    For me it would be hobgoblin khanat.
    For a preorder dlc it wouln't hurt so much if many of their units are taken from other rosters like cdwarfs or greenskins.
    Also i would enjoy a faction focused on mounted skrimish.
  • LabriaLabria Registered Users Posts: 1,929
    I want Dogs of War/Southern Realms as pre-order bonus + Chaos Dwarfs and Ogre Kingdoms as campaign packs.
    So, we will have all main races with own army books in the game.
    Dwarfs need Slayer Lord pack: https://imgur.com/x74HxxU
  • sykallsykall Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,752
    Whom do I want as Preorder? Thats a silly question. Whom wouldn't I want as preorder? Or following that as a race pack?

Before this trilogy is closed I would like ti see the following factions:
    -Nagash legions
    -Dawi Zharr
    -Ogre Kingdoms
    -Ind
    -Hongoblin Khanates
    -Kurgan
    -Southern Realms
    -Araby
    -Amazons

Nippon and Khuresh ans Albion would also be nice, but at some point one has to keep ones whishes modest, right?

Also not all of these have to he major factions. Especially the more footnotes ones could also come akin to troys mythical units. That means that specific factions can build unique landmarks in certain provinces to gain boni and the ability to recruit some units of minor factions as auxillaries/mercenarys for their army.
    E.g. Halflings for humans, dwarfs and ogres if they control the moot, Amazins fir Lizardmen and other order factions, if they control the culchan plains etc.

Anyway my hopes and whishes for this trilogy are high. Too high maybe, but at this point I still want to dream of what could be possible
    Filling the white spots - 7 made-up factions to enrich the empty parts of the WFB setting
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/288418/filling-the-white-spots-7-made-up-factions-to-fill-out-the-wfb-setting
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,180
    WTF? Norsca is hella fun.

Every single time someone says otherwise, if you dig deeper, it's because they have no idea at all how to play them and they just play them like any other paint the map faction.

Bruhz. Can you? Yes. Should you? NO. That is NOT how they are designed to be played. At all.

They have a unique play style. I suggest learning it and acclimating to it.

I mean this line of complaint is like being mad at a fish sandwich for not tasting like a hamburger.

CTFO.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 10,458
    Seeing as it isn't going to be playable for TWW2 I'd go with the Southern Realms (Dogs of War) or the Hobgoblin Khanate. Otherwise it would have been Araby.

But Southern Realms or the Hobgoblin Khanate. Why? Because we know the Ogre Kingdoms and the Chaos Dwarfs are coming regardless. So I'd much rather have the certainties on lock and have the uncertainties on lock as much as possible as well. I don't like the uncertainties.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,782
    I want Legions of Nagash. But all circumstantial evidence is pointing to DoW.
    81jt2dj75iky.png

• Nitros14Nitros14 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,011
    Itharus said:

WTF? Norsca is hella fun.

Every single time someone says otherwise, if you dig deeper, it's because they have no idea at all how to play them and they just play them like any other paint the map faction.

Bruhz. Can you? Yes. Should you? NO. That is NOT how they are designed to be played. At all.

They have a unique play style. I suggest learning it and acclimating to it.

I mean this line of complaint is like being mad at a fish sandwich for not tasting like a hamburger.

CTFO.

The people who just want every faction to occupy everything and paint the map are a threat to fun, diversified faction experiences, for sure.
    saweendra said:

Abmong said:

Most of them are texturing though . And also you have to account for the fact. Can CA sell Southern realms aka dogs of war as stand alone dlc to the casual fans
    I would say yes, CA can absolutely sell Dogs of War as a standalone DLC. I would buy it, if it's not just retextures.
    Look at the basic Estalian Tercio

Those look like different style than Emp state troop to me. The Morion Helmet were already made and an unused asset they can use, but the rest needs to be new. Baggier pants than Emp. The torso armour is different. One type can get away with retexturing the Emp Lord plate, but the other has nothing like it in game.

These would also need new models.

so would these

lots of different unique looking regiments.

Only Ricco's Republican Guard and Knights would look fine kitbashing existing assets.
  • DeadpoolSWDeadpoolSW Registered Users Posts: 2,668
    Legion of Nagash would be perfect, Hobgoblins/DoW/Albion if slightly more effort is put into this pre-order.

Just as long as it isn't wasted on Ogres or Chaos Dwarfs.
    Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Ogre Kingdoms, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind, Khuresh & the Hobgoblin Khanate!
  • doclumbagodoclumbago Registered Users Posts: 1,969
    PreOrder means one DLC no updates ?
    In that case Dogs Of War
  • VarintrazVarintraz Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 389
    edited May 7
    My favourite:

Update for Norsca: 2 new LLs new Units etc bring them on pair with the other races

2nd favourite:

DoW. Every other faction like legion of undead or hobgoblin or things like that are too little to get me hyped. And Ogres
    and Chaos Dawi are too huge for a Preorder.
    Team Lizardmen
  • sasori1548sasori1548 Registered Users Posts: 436
    Who i want depends on the budget for the pre-order. IF the budget is around the same as Norsca/WoC then i want Legions of nagash/undeath.

But if C.A is giving the pre-order as much of a budget as lets say a campaign pack like tomb kings/vampire coast then i want to see Chaos Dwarfs as the pre-order race.

To me it is all about the budget.
  • Rasmus242Rasmus242 Registered Users Posts: 546
    Nagash or southern realms for me. Decently interesting but not as demanding as other factions. SR would re-use a lot of human animations etc.

As long as we don't get Ogres or Chaos Dwarfs put as pre-order I'm happy (they deserve better)
  • Pr4vdaPr4vda Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,802
    You ask me the faction I would like to see as preorder : my answer is a fully fleshed-out CD faction, playable in WH3 and WH2.

The dream would be a TK level pack, with 4 LL from the start and awesome mechanics.

THAT would be a huge incentive to preorder.

If I am more realistic, it will be probably the Southern Realms. But It would be less ... formidable ? Than CD imo. Another human faction, with nothing really special apart some mercenaries. Well, I will take it, ofc, but ... it would be far less exciting I think.
    Team Dawis

Dawis shall purge all their fallen Karaks, with the blood of the Greeskins and the skavens !
  • capybarasiesta89capybarasiesta89 Senior Member Bath, UKRegistered Users Posts: 4,940
    Legions of Nagash yes, or Southern Realms.
    Vampire Counts
    Tomb Kings
    The Empire

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,139
    Nippon
    Interested in Sea Elves? Did you just call me a simpleton?

• DaBoyzAreBackInTownDaBoyzAreBackInTown Registered Users Posts: 772
    Reason I think it will be Chaos Dwarfs is:

1. Reusing Dwarf/Greenskin assets at least partially for the faction keeps it cheaper
    2. Dark lands are last area not revealed on map atm which is where they would go
    3. Fits the preorder trend of Chaos faction (Warriors of Chaos, Norsca, now Chaos Dwarfs)
    4. Popular minor faction that would motivate people to buy preorder of game 3
    Pre-Covid Forum Account: Orklads
    Discord/Steam Name: Glorious Feeder