Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Who do you really want as a Preorder bonus?

Comments

• NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 11,284

Reason I think it will be Chaos Dwarfs is:

1. Reusing Dwarf/Greenskin assets at least partially for the faction keeps it cheaper
    2. Dark lands are last area not revealed on map atm which is where they would go
    3. Fits the preorder trend of Chaos faction (Warriors of Chaos, Norsca, now Chaos Dwarfs)
    4. Popular minor faction that would motivate people to buy preorder of game 3

Chaos Dwarfs simply have too much new models for a race pack. Not happening.

• Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,774

1. Reusing Dwarf/Greenskin assets at least partially for the faction keeps it cheaper
    2. Dark lands are last area not revealed on map atm which is where they would go
    3. Fits the preorder trend of Chaos faction (Warriors of Chaos, Norsca, now Chaos Dwarfs)

The Dark Lands aren't in Warhammer 2.
    81jt2dj75iky.png

• DaBoyzAreBackInTownDaBoyzAreBackInTown Registered Users Posts: 765
    Neodeinos said:

Do they though? Seems like the vast majority of what they have could easily be pulled together out of reskinning stuff from different rosters then a few unique pieces like how Norsca got Mammoths, Fimir, Skinwolves.

But other than a few centrepiece units pretty much everything could come form reskins especially if CA do some mino/bull stuff for a Beastmen rework.

Aren't they the last spot in the top right portion of the map? Lots of mountains etc...
    Pre-Covid Forum Account: Orklads
    Discord/Steam Name: Glorious Feeder
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,774

Aren't they the last spot in the top right portion of the map? Lots of mountains etc...
    That's Mortal Empires.

Warhammer 2 is the Vortex.
    81jt2dj75iky.png

That's Mortal Empires.

For vortex they could just shove them in wherever there are some mountains with Dwarf placeholders, considering where Repanse/Markus/SistersOfTwilight are is fairly random with some manufactured stroy justifying it I don't really see how that would be an issue
    edited May 7

That's Mortal Empires.

For vortex they could just shove them in wherever there are some mountains with Dwarf placeholders, considering where Repanse/Markus/SistersOfTwilight are is fairly random with some manufactured stroy justifying it I don't really see how that would be an issue
    The Chaos Dwarfs are known to almost never leave the Darklands. Also you're assuming the preorder will be playable before Warhammer 3 which isn't the case.

• MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,069
    Araby I want.
    animacja-sygn-3.gif

Neodeinos said:

That's Mortal Empires.

The Chaos Dwarfs are known to almost never leave the Darklands. Also you're assuming the preorder will be playable before Warhammer 3 which isn't the case.
    Well that makes Chorfs even more likely then.

If you want people to buy a preorder race that you can't even play ahead of time then it will need to be something popular that doesn't require too much extra cash to make. Chorfs fit the bill perfectly because you can make most of their roster by tweaking existing content, as well as fitting the Chaos-themed preorder trend. And they are definitely popular enough to motivate people to buy as a preorder.

Neodeinos said:

That's Mortal Empires.

Well that makes Chorfs even more likely then.

If you want people to buy a preorder race that you can't even play ahead of time then it will need to be something popular that doesn't require too much extra cash to make. Chorfs fit the bill perfectly because you can make most of their roster by tweaking existing content, as well as fitting the Chaos-themed preorder trend. And they are definitely popular enough to motivate people to buy as a preorder.
    It really doesn't make them more likely. They've never been likely as a preorder and never will be.

• DeadpoolSWDeadpoolSW Registered Users Posts: 2,666

Neodeinos said:

Do they though? Seems like the vast majority of what they have could easily be pulled together out of reskinning stuff from different rosters then a few unique pieces like how Norsca got Mammoths, Fimir, Skinwolves.

But other than a few centrepiece units pretty much everything could come form reskins especially if CA do some mino/bull stuff for a Beastmen rework.

K'Daii Fireborn
    K'Daii Destroyer
    Chaos Siege Giant
    Iron Daemon War Engine
    Dreadquake Mortar
    Magma Cannon
    Kolossus

Plus other stuff that could be made using existing assets (Tauruses, all the Chaos Dwarfs, Bull Centaurs) but would be better with some effort put into it.

So yeah, a pre-order would be a waste.
    Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Ogre Kingdoms, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind, Khuresh & the Hobgoblin Khanate!

Neodeinos said:

K'Daii Fireborn
    K'Daii Destroyer
    Chaos Siege Giant
    Iron Daemon War Engine
    Dreadquake Mortar
    Magma Cannon
    Kolossus

Plus other stuff that could be made using existing assets (Tauruses, all the Chaos Dwarfs, Bull Centaurs) but would be better with some effort put into it.

Kdaii just appear to be Daemons of some sort, I wonder if CA has done any Daemon models recently they could tweak for this..... Or were even created during a massive creation of daemon models.

And yea a few extra units would need to be made, but Norsca got fimir, skin wolves, mammoths, so Chaos Dwarfs would definitely get a few custom models of their own.

And they seem to have about as much content out there as Norsca had as well as fitting the "Chaos preorder" theme. As well as being a popular enough faction to motivate preorder sales for a faction that you won't be able to play in game 2 (so not really a preorder "Bonus" in any real sense).

Guess we will see but a lot of signs and logic point to Chorfs from what I can tell.

Neodeinos said:

K'Daii Fireborn
    K'Daii Destroyer
    Chaos Siege Giant
    Iron Daemon War Engine
    Dreadquake Mortar
    Magma Cannon
    Kolossus

Kdaii just appear to be Daemons of some sort, I wonder if CA has done any Daemon models recently they could tweak for this..... Or were even created during a massive creation of daemon models.

And yea a few extra units would need to be made, but Norsca got fimir, skin wolves, mammoths, so Chaos Dwarfs would definitely get a few custom models of their own.

And they seem to have about as much content out there as Norsca had as well as fitting the "Chaos preorder" theme. As well as being a popular enough faction to motivate preorder sales for a faction that you won't be able to play in game 2 (so not really a preorder "Bonus" in any real sense).

Guess we will see but a lot of signs and logic point to Chorfs from what I can tell.
    I think you are really ignorant about the Chaos Dwarfs. Nothing wrong with that but do some research instead of claiming what they should be.

Neodeinos said:

K'Daii Fireborn
    K'Daii Destroyer
    Chaos Siege Giant
    Iron Daemon War Engine
    Dreadquake Mortar
    Magma Cannon
    Kolossus

Ok let's say we limit the CD to just 3 of those units I listed- that's a **** DLC and a waste for the Dawi Zharr.

As to your "logic", you're making random facts fit your narrative. Just because there are two chaos pre-orders, doesn't mean the game 3 pre-order will be chaos-related. In fact, with the chaos focus of game 3, it makes much more sense for the pre-order to be Legion of Nagash- he opposes chaos AND provides a bad guy in the south of the map.
    Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Ogre Kingdoms, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind, Khuresh & the Hobgoblin Khanate!
  • BlacedBlaced Registered Users Posts: 1,218
    edited May 7

Neodeinos said:

1. Chaos Dwarf have more difference with normal Dwarf than Dark Elf have difference with High Elf, so reusing dwarf assets will not happen

3. Besides, even it has to be Chaos faction, more likely to see Kurgan,

4. how popular is Norsca? Are they the reason people buy Warhammer 2?
  • LordSolarMachLordSolarMach Registered Users Posts: 1,164
    edited May 7
    I'm maintaining the thought that we'll get a Norsca-style Race Pack (ie. half price of a proper Campaign Pack, ~2 lords, a lot of reused assets).

When Chaos Dwarfs were assumed to be one of the cores, Hobgoblin Khanates made a reasonable amount of sense. But now that there's not going to be that foundation already laid for them I doubt their practicality.

I think Chaos Dwarfs might be possible, but only if they're more of a Chaos Warriors or Bretonnia type situation (ie already have a significant amount of presennse in the base game, so the DLC is only adding two lords and a handful of units). I think this is possible - the Darklands will be awful empty without them there... Greenskin rebellions and "loose" daemons. I don't particularly want that though, as I think even then they'd be underserved compared to getting released in a Campaign Pack.

I'm hopeful for Undead Legions. I think a play from the Undead would make for a good "wildcard" endgame threat for both the Human and Chaos factions, in a mirror to the first game's Chaos invasion. A pre-order Race Pack to then also make this playable seems to fit nicely.

EDIT: Forgot DoW. They have so many characters, and so many unique little units, that I 100% want them as a Campaign Pack.
    Neodeinos said:

Neodeinos said:

K'Daii Fireborn
    K'Daii Destroyer
    Chaos Siege Giant
    Iron Daemon War Engine
    Dreadquake Mortar
    Magma Cannon
    Kolossus

I think you are really ignorant about the Chaos Dwarfs. Nothing wrong with that but do some research instead of claiming what they should be.
    I'm definitely less invested in them and less knowledgeable about them than some others, not sure if that would make my judgement better or worse in this case. As for what Kdaii are, all I'm saying is they basically look like a Daemon in a suit of armour.

I do think Chorfs are badass and would love to see them sooner rather than later, and they seem like a great preorder pick. I know it would make me buy the preorder in an instant if they were the faction.

Neodeinos said:

K'Daii Fireborn
    K'Daii Destroyer
    Chaos Siege Giant
    Iron Daemon War Engine
    Dreadquake Mortar
    Magma Cannon
    Kolossus

Ok let's say we limit the CD to just 3 of those units I listed- that's a **** DLC and a waste for the Dawi Zharr.

As to your "logic", you're making random facts fit your narrative. Just because there are two chaos pre-orders, doesn't mean the game 3 pre-order will be chaos-related. In fact, with the chaos focus of game 3, it makes much more sense for the pre-order to be Legion of Nagash- he opposes chaos AND provides a bad guy in the south of the map.
    I think they would get them all, I just don't think it would require the amount of unique models or effort as some others do. Seems like a lot of solid reskins would do the trick with new expenditure on some of the really unique stuff.
  • BlacedBlaced Registered Users Posts: 1,218
    Just want to say that Chaos Dwarf are not reskin Dwarf, Chaos Dwarf have more difference with normal Dwarf than Dark Elf have difference with High Elf, Dark Elf and High Elf still considered the same species, worship similar gods, do anyone thinks that Dark Elf, High Elf and Wood Elf are just reskin?

I love Chaos Dwarf and that's why I hope they come as an official dlc, not just a two lord, mostly reskin pre-order dlc, I know some people still salty about Cathay not Chaos Dwarf in Warhammer 3, but CA guaranteed they will come, just wait a few more month and they will come

Neodeinos said:

K'Daii Fireborn
    K'Daii Destroyer
    Chaos Siege Giant
    Iron Daemon War Engine
    Dreadquake Mortar
    Magma Cannon
    Kolossus

I think they would get them all, I just don't think it would require the amount of unique models or effort as some others do. Seems like a lot of solid reskins would do the trick with new expenditure on some of the really unique stuff.
    Well:
    • The K'Daii are very different to chaos daemons (take a minute to actually look at their models).
    • Iron Daemon, Dreadquake, Magma Cannon and Kolossus ALL require unique models.
    • While the Chaos Siege Giant could use the Giant model, it should have very different animations.
    • Then there's stuff like Bull Centaurs, who could use existing Dragon Ogre type rigs/animations, but would be much better done using new assets.
    So how would a "solid reskin" sort all this out?
    Nagash will rule again!

• LunaticprinceLunaticprince Registered Users Posts: 3,435

Neodeinos said:

Neodeinos said:

K'Daii Fireborn
    K'Daii Destroyer
    Chaos Siege Giant
    Iron Daemon War Engine
    Dreadquake Mortar
    Magma Cannon
    Kolossus

I'm definitely less invested in them and less knowledgeable about them than some others, not sure if that would make my judgement better or worse in this case. As for what Kdaii are, all I'm saying is they basically look like a Daemon in a suit of armour.

I do think Chorfs are badass and would love to see them sooner rather than later, and they seem like a great preorder pick. I know it would make me buy the preorder in an instant if they were the faction.
    You not need to be invested, i just not understand that they must come sooner or later?

Better they come later but properly instead be broken for a games lifetime.

We not need a second WOC.

• CosmikNoiseCosmikNoise Registered Users Posts: 70
    Hobgoblin Khanate would be a perfect option for the pre-order bonus DLC.

As stated above, most of units will be reskins and assets already in the game. Plus, they are an intense menace for Cathay and Kislev and will fill some room in several places of the map, both WHIII and Immortal Empires.

Also, they are a minor faction with little lore that would not need more than a couple of LL and a few units. No need for more DLC's.

Lastly and most importantly, the more greenies the merrier.

Southern Realms might also be an option but I rather see them as a playable faction in the Vortex than an opposing force against Chaos up North and with little connection to the whole thing there.

Neodeinos said:

K'Daii Fireborn
    K'Daii Destroyer
    Chaos Siege Giant
    Iron Daemon War Engine
    Dreadquake Mortar
    Magma Cannon
    Kolossus

Well:
    • The K'Daii are very different to chaos daemons (take a minute to actually look at their models).
    • While the Chaos Siege Giant could use the Giant model, it should have very different animations.
    • Then there's stuff like Bull Centaurs, who could use existing Dragon Ogre type rigs/animations, but would be much better done using new assets.
    - Iron Daemon is basically a different Steam tank with two guns.
    - Dreadquake is a mortar war Wagon but a little different.
    - Magma Cannon is literally a flame cannon except it shoots magma
    - Kolossus is unique and would require a bespoke model (maybe it would be the "mammoth" of the pack)

I could see the Iron Daemon and Kolossus getting their own models, doubt the other two would warrant it.

Let's be real here, a Chaos Siege Giant will just be a reskin giant. Same as for Beastmen/Norsca/Greenskins/WoC. This is true even if Chorfs are a campaign pack.

Bull Centuars would be based off Centigors imo. Change the top half and make them a bit bigger and they are basically the same thing.

Keep in mind guys,I'm just saying what I think the preorder will be. I'm not fussed if it is preorder or dlc and CA have already made that decision in any case. I'm just observing that a lot of stuff aligns to make Chorfs a solid candidate for preorder status.
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,229
    edited May 7
    Ignore
    Post edited by DeadpoolSW on
    Nagash will rule again!

Neodeinos said:

K'Daii Fireborn
    K'Daii Destroyer
    Chaos Siege Giant
    Iron Daemon War Engine
    Dreadquake Mortar
    Magma Cannon
    Kolossus

Well:
    - Kolossus is unique and would require a bespoke model (maybe it would be the "mammoth" of the pack)

I could see the Iron Daemon and Kolossus getting their own models, doubt the other two would warrant it.

Let's be real here, a Chaos Siege Giant will just be a reskin giant. Same as for Beastmen/Norsca/Greenskins/WoC. This is true even if Chorfs are a campaign pack.

Bull Centuars would be based off Centigors imo. Change the top half and make them a bit bigger and they are basically the same thing.

Keep in mind guys,I'm just saying what I think the preorder will be. I'm not fussed if it is preorder or dlc and CA have already made that decision in any case. I'm just observing that a lot of stuff aligns to make Chorfs a solid candidate for preorder status.
    Please, just look at the actual models and get back to me.
    Nagash will rule again!

• DrazhoaththeAshenDrazhoaththeAshen Registered Users Posts: 279

Neodeinos said:

K'Daii Fireborn
    K'Daii Destroyer
    Chaos Siege Giant
    Iron Daemon War Engine
    Dreadquake Mortar
    Magma Cannon
    Kolossus

Well:

Actively advocating for one of the coolest and most well-imagined races in the setting to be refurbished from other pieces. How can you say the Chaos Dwarfs are so cool and the like, only to ask for some of their premier units to be reskins, even if elaborate ones.

I definitely need to take a step back from this forum, because while it is frankly exhausting to keep having this same conversation I feel obligated to do so. I'm not going to go into all of the arguments against their being the pre-order, because @DeadpoolSW did a fantastic job.

I just want to say, again, that it would really suck for those of us who have been with this race for decades to be shafted with our race being a preorder filled with repurposed centigors, repurposed steam tanks, repurposed war wagons, and repurposed dwarf warriors. One of the arguments you put forward was that it would motivate a lot of people to purchase, but what about the people it would dissuade? There are plenty of Chaos Dwarfs who are so vehemently against being a pre-order pack that, barring a seriously shocking reveal (I'm talking pre-order getting the full campaign pack treatment), we would just walk away. Fella this morning on reddit who has been collecting Chaos Dwarfs even longer than me said as much.

I know there are many on these forums that scoff at the statement that Chaos Dwarf fans have historically been done dirty. @yukontherun called me out for saying as much just last night. And I fully acknowledge that laying the sins of GW at the feet of CA is probably not reasonable or fair. But look at it from our perspective: We won't even get into how insanely expensive it has been to be a Chaos Dwarf hobbyist; we are coming right off the heels of losing our AoS line; we have to fight to find minis, wait 5 billion years for casts from Russia, or look elsewhere entirely (I will continue to sing the praises of KoW Abyssal Dwarfs); many of us have been waiting since the leaks years ago for Chaos Dwarfs with a general consensus in recent months that they would be a core race and... now we are having conversations about them being a repurposed pre-order. We are having to sit here and bear witness to conversations of Bull Centaurs, among the most blessed of Hashut's faithful, being Centigors with a changed "top half and make them a bit bigger and they are basically the same thing." Dreadquake mortars, one of the most beautiful casts (especially when well painted), being a "mortar war wagon but a little different."

And people seriously want to be dismissive or even rude about why we might be a bit bitter, pessimistic, or have a chip on our shoulder? Come on, friends. Step into our shoes and think: would you want this for your favored race. There's no way. I'm sorry if my posts annoy folks. They are starting to annoy me, too. But I am going to keep pushing back against this in the hope that maybe by sheer force of will I can stop Chaos Dwarfs as a preorder from becoming a reality.

Keep calm and praise Hashut
    Beautiful artwork by Matt Hancox
    edited May 7
    Ignore
    Nagash will rule again!

edited May 7
    Ignore
    Nagash will rule again!

Wow, all my comments came in at once after being removed, sorry guys.

Anyway, let's break down all the units I listed (I'll not get into Bull Centaurs or the regular Dawi Zharr, as I'm not confident enough in distinguishing them from existing stuff):

K'Daii:

Fireborn

Destroyer

Do they look like any DoC daemons to you?

Iron Daemon:

Do these two really look alike?

Dreadquake Mortar:

Are these two similar at all?

Magma Cannon:

Could these two really use the same model?

Kolossus:

So unique even you acknowledged it should get it's own model.

But the most important point is that if you do these units dirty, then there's not even any point in making Chaos Dwarfs- it would be like half-assing the Tomb King's constructs, and it's not worth it to force them into being a pre-order.
    Nagash will rule again!

• saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 13,810
    edited May 7

Wow, all my comments came in at once after being removed, sorry guys.

Anyway, let's break down all the units I listed (I'll not get into Bull Centaurs or the regular Dawi Zharr, as I'm not confident enough in distinguishing them from existing stuff):

K'Daii:

Fireborn

Destroyer

Do they look like any DoC daemons to you?

Iron Daemon:

Do these two really look alike?

Dreadquake Mortar:

Are these two similar at all?

Magma Cannon:

Could these two really use the same model?

Kolossus:

So unique even you acknowledged it should get it's own model.

But the most important point is that if you do these units dirty, then there's not even any point in making Chaos Dwarfs- it would be like half-assing the Tomb King's constructs, and it's not worth it to force them into being a pre-order.
    In there is lamasu, great taurs, ..etc. yeah its going to be CP. No matter what.

These can sell dlc on their own
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc