Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Who do you really want as a Preorder bonus?

12346»

Comments

• ArecBalrinArecBalrin Registered Users Posts: 2,539
    Chances are CA have already decided what they are going to make the pre-order. What message they'll be getting from feedback though is that pre-orders are widely-perceived to be poisoned-chalices, which is reasonable based on precedent. If they're filtering and assessing that feedback even halfway competently, they will see there is a risk to making a big deal out of the pre-order when it's not expected to be substantial; unless they acknowledge the previous short-comings and make it very clear that the pre-order this time will not be an afterthought.

One step towards that would be an early re-work of WoC and Norsca, so we can get a taste of what they will be like in WH3 and it gives reassurance that more attention is going to be paid this time into making the incoming pre-order worthwhile.

I'd expect that from any half-competent analysis of community sentiment. I do not hope for that. For me, there is still a risk that the WH3 pre-order race will be undercooked AND be one that was being greatly anticipated as either a core race before or a campaign pack now.