Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The Choices for a Nagash Race. How would it/he be represented?

Comments

• TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,679

Ludbone said:

Ingr8 said:

Like this:

As long as the master is correctly presented I will have no.complaints about the rest of the faction

What the hell is this abomination?! Yikes! What a terrible model.

ET did something right. . . turning that 80's Teletubbies version of Nagash into a proper Death God as he should be.
    It looks like a Necromancer unlike the abomination that is the ET model
    It looks like an idiot. I mean was Nagash supposed to be the God of Clowns prior being the God of Death?
    A Ben10 villain has much more carisma than that Dark Elves-like zombie.
    He is not a god pre end times and the figure is old a litlle polishing and it is fine. The thing with bonie tenticales on its back does not look like a necromancer
    The End Times look is also how he looked before he consumed Usirian. CA goes with the newest designs for the characters... the old mini is derp crap.
    #RIP BORIS! KILLED BY CA AND GW WITH SHORTSIGHTED CRUELTY JUST TO SHOVE KOSTALTYN DOWN OUR THROATS!

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • LudboneLudbone Registered Users Posts: 1,923

Ludbone said:

Ingr8 said:

Like this:

As long as the master is correctly presented I will have no.complaints about the rest of the faction

ET did something right. . . turning that 80's Teletubbies version of Nagash into a proper Death God as he should be.
    Nuff said.

• HisShadowBGHisShadowBG Registered Users Posts: 3,215

Ludbone said:

Ingr8 said:

Like this:

It looks like an idiot. I mean was Nagash supposed to be the God of Clowns prior being the God of Death?
    The tree handed thing with bonie tenticales on its back does not look like a necromancer
    It looks like what he should look like. The #1 Undead character.
    Not some derp face Teen Titans Go! low tier villain.
    He looks more like the Black Knight with all that armor than any lich/necromancer not to mention he will not have all his books to float around him

She had fought beside Aenarion in the days of her youth, killing daemons, slaughtering the enemies of her people with wild abandon. She had cast spells and brewed poisons and worked out battle strategies for his armies. She had used her gift of visions to grant the elves victories innumerable.

The so-called high elves had forgotten that now, preferring to cast her as the villain in the simple-minded morality plays they so enjoyed since her son had sundered the realm. They had no idea what it had cost to win those battles back when all thought the world was ending, or the price she had paid for victory.
  • MisterSquidMisterSquid Florida, USARegistered Users Posts: 1,151
    Amonkhet said:

Why would Walach Harkon be part of Nagash's faction? He's a vampire and should be part of the Vampire Counts.

He's a Mortarch.
    So are a bunch of other characters who are already in the game and not part of the Nagash faction. Why should Walach be any different?
    Amonkhet said:

Also, for Blood Dragons we have Aborash and Red Duke anyway for Vampire Counts.

Abhorash isn't suited to be a Legendary Lord because he's not focused on leading armies of undead. Red Duke is a C-list RPG character who never should have been added. If VCounts get a Blood Dragon character, it should be Walach, end of story.
    Remember: there's no reason to get angry on the forums. Be polite and respectful towards other people's opinions, even if you disagree.

Currently eagerly awaiting the Ogre Kingdoms!
  • ScreamimgEnvyScreamimgEnvy Registered Users Posts: 681

Ludbone said:

Ingr8 said:

Like this:

The tree handed thing with bonie tenticales on its back does not look like a necromancer
    He looks more like the Black Knight with all that armor than any lich/necromancer not to mention he will not have all his books to float around him
    He's wearing the same outfit of a common DE soldier. Disappointing cheap model.

We want Nagash, not a minor villain came out from Powerpuff Girls...
    Team Monogods - Team Nurgle

• saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 13,760

Ludbone said:

Ingr8 said:

Like this:

THAT Is Derpface McGee. When Nagash comes, it will be the glory that is the End Times model! WORTHY OF THE GREAT NECROMANCER!

The old model was designed as Derpy as the designer could, because he wanted to give him the look of decaying corpse.

Nagash IS NOT "just" A necromancer anymore. He is a Liche, like Arkhan...

Ingr8 said:

Like this:

Yes pre end times Nagash is the way
    No, it's not.

Also:

Arkhan Old:

Arkhan new:

Arkhan Game:

So the Nagash (and Thanquol, though I'd love to get the other Bonerippers) will look like his End Times model.

Also, Nagash of course should come with 4 LLs: Himself, Wallach, Nameless, Helsnicht.
    i am 100% against the idea of puting welch in nagash race ,welch is the leader of the blood dragons

him being in a race with out any blood knights is stupid, blood knights are a centerpiece unit of Counts so you don't want them being in a another race diluting thier value
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,679
    saweendra said:

Ludbone said:

Ingr8 said:

Like this:

THAT Is Derpface McGee. When Nagash comes, it will be the glory that is the End Times model! WORTHY OF THE GREAT NECROMANCER!

The old model was designed as Derpy as the designer could, because he wanted to give him the look of decaying corpse.

Ingr8 said:

Like this:

No, it's not.

Also:

Arkhan Old:

Arkhan new:

Arkhan Game:

So the Nagash (and Thanquol, though I'd love to get the other Bonerippers) will look like his End Times model.

Also, Nagash of course should come with 4 LLs: Himself, Wallach, Nameless, Helsnicht.
    i am 100% against the idea of puting welch in nagash race ,welch is the leader of the blood dragons

him being in a race with out any blood knights is stupid, blood knights are a centerpiece unit of Counts so you don't want them being in a another race diluting thier value
    And Nagash is Undeath.And he should have access to Blood Knights. Also, not all Blood Knights are Blood Dragons. For Counts we have the Red Duke, putting Wallach with Nagash is your best bet of actually GETTING him. Wallach could simply start out with the ability to recruit Blood Knights.
    #RIP BORIS! KILLED BY CA AND GW WITH SHORTSIGHTED CRUELTY JUST TO SHOVE KOSTALTYN DOWN OUR THROATS!

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • HisShadowBGHisShadowBG Registered Users Posts: 3,215

Ludbone said:

Ingr8 said:

Like this:

Still better than the overdone kitch thing

She had fought beside Aenarion in the days of her youth, killing daemons, slaughtering the enemies of her people with wild abandon. She had cast spells and brewed poisons and worked out battle strategies for his armies. She had used her gift of visions to grant the elves victories innumerable.

The so-called high elves had forgotten that now, preferring to cast her as the villain in the simple-minded morality plays they so enjoyed since her son had sundered the realm. They had no idea what it had cost to win those battles back when all thought the world was ending, or the price she had paid for victory.

Ludbone said:

Ingr8 said:

Like this:

Still better than the overdone kitch thing
    No. Giant Skeleton with giant hat > Derpface McGee. Arkhan looks scarier and more powerful than Derpface McGee...

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 2,875
    Erathil said:

Legions of Nagash is a terrible idea for an independent race, and I don't think it's a good fit for a playable faction.

It has no identity, unique tactics, and exactly two unique units. Any interpretation of it would primarily be pilfering units and assets from Tomb Kings, Vampire Counts, and Vampire Coast.

I just don't see it happening as a race pack. There are so many more interesting places things could go, new cultures to develop and exotic units and tactics to explore instead of mashing together the undead factions.

Is this just a copy paste response to whatever faction you dont want, and just added Legions of Nagash in all the blanks?
    edited May 11

saweendra said:

Ludbone said:

Ingr8 said:

Like this:

Ingr8 said:

Like this:

No, it's not.

Also:

Arkhan Old:

Arkhan new:

Arkhan Game:

And Nagash is Undeath.And he should have access to Blood Knights. Also, not all Blood Knights are Blood Dragons. For Counts we have the Red Duke, putting Wallach with Nagash is your best bet of actually GETTING him. Wallach could simply start out with the ability to recruit Blood Knights.
    i am going to say it again don't go around diluting the value of unique and centerpiece units of one race and giving it to another race.

its not about just lore also a design issue.

if you want high tier cav than you should go the path OVN mod went and add knights off the black grail to Nagash,

and add mallobaude as the replacement

why simple game play mechanic :smile:

Nagash game play mechanic should be about him becoming a god.

in end times he before resuurected powered up by killing and devoring powerful beings like Volkmar, fay , tyrions daughter and Valaya

Nameless campaign focus should be capturing volkmar
    Dieters capturing tyrionns daughter
    Mallabaudes capturing fay since it was he who captured her in lore with arkahan
    Nagash him self capture of valaya

adding malloaude also gives acess to ghost peasent bows because of his bretonnian orgin there is a bretonnian lore blurbabout ghost bowmen...

and if race design is to be ghost focus this perefect unit
  • DaBoyzAreBackInTownDaBoyzAreBackInTown Registered Users Posts: 762
    edited May 11
    Nagash makes very little sense as a faction, makes a lot of sense as a non-playable "Chaos Invasion" type threat. Now that Chaos invasion is optional as well, this could be done in some pretty cool ways. You could choose if Nagash returned at some point, and if he did ALL undead on the map (VC/TK/VP) would spawn a bunch of mixed armies and start invading and warring with all non-undead around them.

On top of that, even if we assume that Chaos Dwarfs and Ogre Kingdoms will both be proper campaign packs, the preorder would be far more interesting and popular if it was Dogs of War.

Dogs of War would give another "Good guy" faction to counter balance 4 monogods + the 2 campaign packs who are both "evil" (Chaos Dwarfs/Ogre Kingdoms).
    Pre-Covid Forum Account: Orklads
    Discord/Steam Name: Glorious Feeder
  • AmonkhetAmonkhet Registered Users Posts: 6,885
    saweendra said:

Ludbone said:

Ingr8 said:

Like this:

Ingr8 said:

Like this:

No, it's not.

Also:

Arkhan Old:

Arkhan new:

Arkhan Game:

The leader of the Blood Dragons who joined Nagash, then later Khorne.
    Albion would make the perfect Total War Warhammer 3 pre-order; with Hengus the Druid and Bran MacKerog as Legendary Lords.
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 11,245

Ludbone said:

Ingr8 said:

Like this:

Ingr8 said:

Like this:

No, it's not.

Also:

Arkhan Old:

Arkhan new:

Arkhan Game:

The old Arkhan model kinda reminds me of Papa Emeritus.

Amonkhet said:

saweendra said:

Ludbone said:

Ingr8 said:

Like this:

Ingr8 said:

Like this:

No, it's not.

Also:

Arkhan Old:

Arkhan new:

Arkhan Game:

still do you really want the one of the most iconic count units just given to a another race. that just screams bad design , end times didn't care about that since it mixed DE with HE
    saweendra said:

Amonkhet said:

saweendra said:

Ludbone said:

Ingr8 said:

Like this:

Ingr8 said:

Like this:

No, it's not.

Also:

Arkhan Old:

Arkhan new:

Arkhan Game:

still do you really want the one of the most iconic count units just given to a another race. that just screams bad design , end times didn't care about that since it mixed DE with HE
    Another Race that, sooner or later, should have access to them anyway, because... Legions of Nagash.

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
    edited May 11
    saweendra said:

Amonkhet said:

saweendra said:

Ludbone said:

Ingr8 said:

Like this:

Ingr8 said:

Like this:

No, it's not.

Also:

Arkhan Old:

Arkhan new:

Arkhan Game:

Who says hes getting Blood Knights and not instead leading Nagash's Elite Undead Knights? Maybe he gets extra bonuses for Kavalos Deathriders.
    Albion would make the perfect Total War Warhammer 3 pre-order; with Hengus the Druid and Bran MacKerog as Legendary Lords.

saweendra said:

Amonkhet said:

saweendra said:

Ludbone said:

Ingr8 said:

Like this:

Ingr8 said:

Like this:

No, it's not.

Also:

Arkhan Old:

Arkhan new:

Arkhan Game:

Another Race that, sooner or later, should have access to them anyway, because... Legions of Nagash.
    i already gave a suitable replacement . on my response to your orginal comment . i am going to say don't repeat the mistakes of end tmes
  • Mogwai_ManMogwai_Man Registered Users Posts: 4,925
    Nagash doesn't really have his own "race", he gets access to Vampire Counts and Tomb Kings assets.
    saweendra said:

saweendra said:

Amonkhet said:

saweendra said:

Ludbone said:

Ingr8 said:

Like this:

Ingr8 said:

Like this:

No, it's not.

Also:

Arkhan Old:

Arkhan new:

Arkhan Game:

i already gave a suitable replacement . on my response to your orginal comment . i am going to say don't repeat the mistakes of end tmes
    Legions of Nagash and Chaos were two of the few things that weren't mistakes and actually somewhat reasonable developments.

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
    Amonkhet said:

saweendra said:

Amonkhet said:

saweendra said:

Ludbone said:

Ingr8 said:

Like this:

Ingr8 said:

Like this:

No, it's not.

Also:

Arkhan Old:

Arkhan new:

Arkhan Game:

Who says hes getting Blood Knights and not instead leading Nagash's Elite Undead Knights? Maybe he gets extra bonuses for Kavalos Deathriders.
    he is leader of blood dragons him not having blood knight stupid.

plus that sound like AoS unit fantasy has its on version of knights infused with necrmantic magic their called knights of the black grail.

saweendra said:

saweendra said:

Amonkhet said:

saweendra said:

Ludbone said:

Ingr8 said:

Like this:

Ingr8 said:

Like this:

No, it's not.

Also:

Arkhan Old:

Arkhan new:

Arkhan Game:

Legions of Nagash and Chaos were two of the few things that weren't mistakes and actually somewhat reasonable developments.
    still not developed enough but i already gave you a idea . try commenting on that rather than avoiding it
  • hendo1592hendo1592 Registered Users Posts: 2,465
    I will not get the appeal of wanting to be sold a Nagash campaign pack with mostly recycled units. Campaign packs are supposed to be a majority of new assets- not recycled.

I am not ready for another undead race, let alone to be ripped off... If it's the preorder, I would not feel like I was getting a better deal than previous preorders priced at 9 USD if it was priced at 20 USD (for none-preorders). Frankly, that would have me worried about the integrity of content going forward.
    edited May 11

Nagash doesn't really have his own "race", he gets access to Vampire Counts and Tomb Kings assets.

Nagash would work completely different to Tomb Kings and Vampire Counts as he has total control over every aspect of Necromancy. He even has his own unique lore of magic.

Lore wise he would not take orders from anyone. It'd be like making Sigvald the Warriors of Chaos faction leader.
  • MisterSquidMisterSquid Florida, USARegistered Users Posts: 1,151
    Amonkhet said:

saweendra said:

Ludbone said:

Ingr8 said:

Like this:

Ingr8 said:

Like this:

No, it's not.

Also:

Arkhan Old:

Arkhan new:

Arkhan Game:

And, before the (horrible) End Times, was a through-and-through Vampire Count.
    Remember: there's no reason to get angry on the forums. Be polite and respectful towards other people's opinions, even if you disagree.

Currently eagerly awaiting the Ogre Kingdoms!
    saweendra said:

Amonkhet said:

saweendra said:

Amonkhet said:

saweendra said:

Ludbone said:

Ingr8 said:

Like this:

Ingr8 said:

Like this:

No, it's not.

Also:

Arkhan Old:

Arkhan new:

Arkhan Game:

plus that sound like AoS unit fantasy has its on version of knights infused with necrmantic magic their called knights of the black grail.
    Knights of the Black Grail will likely be Mallobaude unit when it comes or an RoR.

He didn't join Nagash to bring his order into it...he joined Nagash because he wanted to fight a LOT.

Amonkhet said:

saweendra said:

Ludbone said:

Ingr8 said:

Like this:

Ingr8 said:

Like this:

No, it's not.

Also:

Arkhan Old:

Arkhan new:

Arkhan Game:

And, before the (horrible) End Times, was a through-and-through Vampire Count.
    We already have Monogods and Be'lakor and Cathay coming, 'horrible' has been long past.
    Amonkhet said:

saweendra said:

Amonkhet said:

saweendra said:

Amonkhet said:

saweendra said:

Ludbone said:

Ingr8 said:

Like this:

Ingr8 said:

Like this:

No, it's not.

Also:

Arkhan Old:

Arkhan new:

Arkhan Game:

Knights of the Black Grail will likely be Mallobaude unit when it comes or an RoR.

He didn't join Nagash to bring his order into it...he joined Nagash because he wanted to fight a LOT.
    saweendra said:

saweendra said:

Ludbone said:

Ingr8 said:

Like this:

Ingr8 said:

Like this:

No, it's not.

Also:

Arkhan Old:

Arkhan new:

Arkhan Game:

i am going to say it again don't go around diluting the value of unique and centerpiece units of one race and giving it to another race.

its not about just lore also a design issue.

if you want high tier cav than you should go the path OVN mod went and add knights off the black grail to Nagash,

and add mallobaude as the replacement

why simple game play mechanic :smile:

Nagash game play mechanic should be about him becoming a god.

in end times he before resuurected powered up by killing and devoring powerful beings like Volkmar, fay , tyrions daughter and Valaya

Nameless campaign focus should be capturing volkmar
    Dieters capturing tyrionns daughter
    Mallabaudes capturing fay since it was he who captured her in lore with arkahan
    Nagash him self capture of valaya

adding malloaude also gives acess to ghost peasent bows because of his bretonnian orgin there is a bretonnian lore blurbabout ghost bowmen...

and if race design is to be ghost focus this perefect unit
    just read this ,
  • EmeraldThanatosEmeraldThanatos Registered Users Posts: 2,354
    Let us not forget, we have AoS/End Times Greater Daemon designs confirmed through the trailer renders and the shot of the bloodthirster in the gameplay teaser. Arkhan has his end times model too, and judging from the icon of the Lhamian Sisterhood, Neferata will also have hers. End times Nagash is basically a guarantee if we get Nagash.
    Ranking of all Total War games I've played:
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Shogun 2
    3. Warhammer
    4. Medieval 2
    5. Thrones
    6. Attila
    7. Rome 2
    8. Napoleon
    9. Empire
    10. Troy (haven't actually played it, I'm just still salty)

• Mogwai_ManMogwai_Man Registered Users Posts: 4,925
    Amonkhet said:

Nagash would work completely different to Tomb Kings and Vampire Counts as he has total control over every aspect of Necromancy. He even has his own unique lore of magic.

Lore wise he would not take orders from anyone. It'd be like making Sigvald the Warriors of Chaos faction leader.
    Yeah I know, during the end times his army was TK and VC combined.

Amonkhet said:

Yeah I know, during the end times his army was TK and VC combined.
    which why there is so much push back to nagash race every one is trying to make cheap pack off diluting VCand Tk units rather than try to create a unique race.