Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The Full Rosters - Not today

JungleElfJungleElf Registered Users Posts: 5,266
Some managing of expectations: I doubt we'll see all units in the upcoming gameplay-footage. Whether some demanded units are in or not won't be clear until the full roster-reveal, which could be more than a week away.

Keep this in mind folks, so we won't have a repeat of yesterday's roster-discussions.

I'm sure we haven't seen everything these races have yet to offer us at launch.

Comments

• HondlisHondlis Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,111
    Why? Speculating is a fun. And sure not today, but maybe tomorrow.
  • JungleElfJungleElf Registered Users Posts: 5,266
    Hondlis said:

Why? Speculating is a fun. And sure not today, but maybe tomorrow.

Oh I love speculation, don't get me wrong!

Anyway: Fallen Gates in-engine trailer: 11th of may 2017, Lizardmen roster-reveal: 18th of may 2017.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 29,897
    The hysteria of today made my day. A repeat would be brilliant.

Regardless you're wrong. We're due for a full leak in 3 hours.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"Under construction" - Becky, daughter of Guanyin.

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus

The Skaven roster was revealed in a blog two days after the in-engine trailer, though.

So this week could still be a possibility.
  • oliverpmasonoliverpmason Registered Users Posts: 1,835
    No it's all coming today.I live in England and they let all the locals know this.
  • peabodyestatepeabodyestate Registered Users Posts: 1,399
    Im not 100% sure we will get anything at all. Maybe yestyerdays leak made them move it a day forward? I agree that it most likely that we will get a gameplay trailer - but im not 100% sure of it.
  • LudboneLudbone Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    We have to know ASAP.

Seeing the very same old-Undivided Chaos Lord from WoC leading Khorne armies, Warhounds and 4-5 types of Skullcrushers was. . . quite strange to say the least.

• Are they placeholders?

• Is that WoC Chaos Lord a LL?

• Has that WoC Chaos Lord replaced the Khorne Lord?

• How many other weapons variants of the same unit we are going to get?

• How many re-added WoC units Khorne has?

• How many new and exclusive units, lords and heroes Khorne has yet to reveal?
    #JusticeForTzeentch #NoMoreRecoloredModels #NoMoreCopyPastedUnits

• BayesBayes Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,921
    Rosters for the roster god, units for the unit throne!
    If you see this lost little fellow please help him find his way home.
  • LunaticprinceLunaticprince Registered Users Posts: 4,204
    I think we get it Friday.

Latest next week.

But I think go na be for kislev first.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 10,795
    Going off of a lot of the topics seen yesterday I think a fair few people will have their expectations routinely not met right up to and even going beyond release.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,182
    Kislev will be first and we might see it this week or next. Imagine Khorne will come after in a few more weeks.
  • LaindeshLaindesh Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,056
    JungleElf said:

Some managing of expectations: I doubt we'll see all units in the upcoming gameplay-footage. Whether some demanded units are in or not won't be clear until the full roster-reveal, which could be more than a week away.

Keep this in mind folks, so we won't have a repeat of yesterday's roster-discussions.

Don't worry, im a realist. Until i see the roster list itself i wont make silly judgements.

Kislev will be first and we might see it this week or next. Imagine Khorne will come after in a few more weeks.

I think we are going to get more news than that, khorne roster this week or next, then they are going to move on to new stuff. This is what I am basing it on. https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/289424/we-might-get-more-news-sooner-than-you-think#latest
  • AzurianAzurian Registered Users Posts: 2,074
    edited May 13
    I'm most interested in.

A) Big bear elemental. Is it magic or a unit?
    B) Big cat from the trailer. Does everyone love cats? I'm sure that's all.
    C) Kislev's artillery. Do they have it? if so, how good is it?
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,182
    Bayes said:

I think we are going to get more news than that, khorne roster this week or next, then they are going to move on to new stuff. This is what I am basing it on. https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/289424/we-might-get-more-news-sooner-than-you-think#latest
    Very possible - though everyone here may of realised I always lean towards pessimism. If we get one or more rosters this week I will be pleased but I don't expect it.
  • AwesomeLionAwesomeLion Member Registered Users Posts: 1,270
    If I could pick what we got from today's "event" it would be a release date and an announcement when next we will get more Warhammer 3 news. Something like "releases November and we will reveal a faction and their roster every month up to release".

That's what I would like to see today.
    Total War: Warhammer <3
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,103
    edited May 13
    It’s too difficult to call, as CA are marketing this game different to the other 2. The first 2 were are steady drip-drip of info while with game 3 CA are just dropping big bombs with radio silence inbetween.
  • DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 7,773
    I suspect we will get Kislev's roster tomorrow and Khorne's next week.
    Albion would make the perfect Total War Warhammer 3 pre-order; with Hengus the Druid and Bran MacKerog as Legendary Lords.

We're paying full price for a Chaos Warrior of Tzeentch without any actual Tzeentch markings or changes to the model? Change this now CA, #JusticeForTzeentch #TLM
    edited May 13

It’s too difficult to call, as CA are marketing this game different to the other 2. The first 2 were are steady drip-drip of info while with game 3 CA are just dropping big bombs with radio silence inbetween.

It depends on if we get another period of radio silence after this week. I hope Indypride is right and the marketing period has really started now.

"There is going to be so SO much more to talk about in the coming days and weeks"

Made me curious.
  • DeadpoolSWDeadpoolSW Registered Users Posts: 2,791
    Amonkhet said:

Maybe not next week, but I am expecting both rosters by the end of the month.
    Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Ogre Kingdoms, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind, Khuresh & the Hobgoblin Khanate!
    JungleElf said:

It depends on if we get another period of radio silence after this week. I hope Indypride is right and the marketing period has really started now.

"There is going to be so SO much more to talk about in the coming days and weeks"

Made me curious.
    I think he’s talking about everything released in this period. It does seem that they have made buildings more interesting in sieges and that leaker has given info on some interesting features.

Taking control of key areas in the Chaos Wastes to gain access to the RoC does seem like a lot of us said. They do have 2 extra races to go through so we might get one early.
  • Theo91Theo91 Registered Users Posts: 2,336
    JungleElf said:

Do you work for CA? why are you taking it upon yourself to manage expectations?
    JungleElf said:

Made me curious.
    I do not think it is a question about him being right or not, I think it is a question about what he meant by it.

I think he knows.

JungleElf said:

Made me curious.
    I think he’s talking about everything released in this period. It does seem that they have made buildings more interesting in sieges and that leaker has given info on some interesting features.

Taking control of key areas in the Chaos Wastes to gain access to the RoC does seem like a lot of us said. They do have 2 extra races to go through so we might get one early.
    A reason to think that he is not talking about everything released in this period, if by that you mean today and tmrw. Is that he specifically refers to what is released tmrw at the same time he talks about the coming content. Which leads me to believe the statement does not refer to the content coming today, and I think that is a very reasonable interpretation.
  • DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 7,773

Amonkhet said:

Maybe not next week, but I am expecting both rosters by the end of the month.
    Its completely dependent on how early the WH2 dlc is out for next month really.
    Albion would make the perfect Total War Warhammer 3 pre-order; with Hengus the Druid and Bran MacKerog as Legendary Lords.

We're paying full price for a Chaos Warrior of Tzeentch without any actual Tzeentch markings or changes to the model? Change this now CA, #JusticeForTzeentch #TLM
    Bayes said:

JungleElf said:

Made me curious.

A reason to think that he is not talking about everything released in this period, if by that you mean today and tmrw. Is that he specifically refers to what is released tmrw at the same time he talks about the coming content. Which leads me to believe the statement does not refer to the content coming today, and I think that is a very reasonable interpretation.
    Do you think Indypride knows CA’s release schedule? Or do you think he’s been given access to a battle and been told to talk about it.

Due to the fact I don’t know the inner workings of CA I wouldn’t know. They may have a few days of content and then stop again for a while to build up hype.

No idea.

Bayes said:

JungleElf said:

Made me curious.

Do you think Indypride knows CA’s release schedule? Or do you think he’s been given access to a battle and been told to talk about it.

Due to the fact I don’t know the inner workings of CA I wouldn’t know. They may have a few days of content and then stop again for a while to build up hype.

No idea.
    I think he knows what is going to happen for the next couple of weeks, just like he knew what happened this week at least a week ago. And the way he talked about it is a indicator of that.
  • hendo1592hendo1592 Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    Fair expectation. However, I would consider it to be a good sign if they released roster details today; though not sure if I would be correct to think that changes the pace of news.
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 6,706

No it's all coming today.I live in England and they let all the locals know this.

That reminds me, isn't it this time of year they pick one of us out of a hat and we have to marry Katie Price?
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • DrownedHoundDrownedHound Registered Users Posts: 6,991
    Arsenic said:

That reminds me, isn't it this time of year they pick one of us out of a hat and we have to marry Katie Price?
    Oh that sounds like an interesting tradition. Here in Florida it is just Bath Salts Week. It's like a dumber zombie apocalypse. It helps figure out who gets to be Florida Man this year though.